Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

#EAlisten movement

Hi,

I see that a lot of YT Simmers and Customers are spamming on The Sims social media and trying to let EA to give us more skin and hair tones. Do you thing that they will finally get us more skin tones? If yes, what should be fixed next?

I guess that it should be more item swatches, matching cabinets and more lots for base game and expansion worlds.

Comments

• DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    No, I don't think we are getting more skin tones and hair colors anytime soon.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • NoTalentNoTalent Posts: 384 Member
    Nope. What people are asking for won't be done within the timeframe they want it.
  • PeculiarPlumbobPeculiarPlumbob Posts: 535 Member
    edited August 2020
    I wish we would get more swatches for hairs and skintones...

Hair Swatches
    Black: We need different undertones for black hair. The current one has a blue undertone and I think a little more neutral and darker black swatch would be a welcome change. The salt&pepper swatch is decent but it doesn't always work well for younger sims because the silver hairs can be very strong on some hairs.
    Brown: The dark brown swatch is one of the best swatches in the game because it looks good with pretty much any hair. That being said, we could use some more undertones for brown. The light brown swatch looks kinda obnoxious on a lot of the hairs and I wish we would have ashier tones.
    Red: I don't personally have complaints on the red side but someone else probably does.
    Blonde: As someone who has naturally blonde hair, this is the category that really irks me. The swatches are awful. The ''dirty blonde'' is the only decent blonde swatch and it's not even a real dirty blonde. I have never used the cheese swatch because I hate it with a burning passion. The platinum blonde swatch looks good on very few hairs because it looks choppy on a lot of the textures. I wish we would get ashier tones for blondes. Something that resembles actually dirty blonde hair. I have the most basic blonde hair anyone can be born with and there's no way to replicate that in the Sims without custom swatches (and I don't like using custom swatches)
    White&Gray: Personally, I don't mind the darker gray swatch but the lighter one I have a slight problem with. I wish we would have something a little lighter with less blue undertone.
    Unnatural: I wish we would have a broader range of unnatural swatches. For example, dark purple, lighter green, pastel pink, pastel blue etc. because we're really lacking in those.

Skintones
    I don't even remember what most of the swatches look like because I had to replace them with custom overrides because the dark tones had very weird textures and undertones. Some of the darker swatches are almost corpse-like because they have so ashy undertones. Skintones are probably always gonna be an issue unless they create a slider with undertone options and then a broad range from light to dark.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    NoTalent wrote: »
    Nope. What people are asking for won't be done within the timeframe they want it.

they have given a time frame ? they have know idea how much work this stuff takes
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,403 Member
    edited August 2020
    I'm quite used to the skin tones. They're not the perfect shade, I think literally no one can find their skin tone in the game, but they work for my sims. I would love more hair colours, but don't think we'll get any (any time soon at least).

I'd prefer they paid attention to the traits and relationships and added some depth to those.
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    I wish the Sims team would engage and acknowledge people's requests more. For example the cars issue could easily be cleaned up if a simguru talked about why they aren't a thing. Everyone would be happier if there was more back and forth between players and developers rather than it being a screaming match of people trying to get their voices heard
  • Barbie430Barbie430 Posts: 97 Member
    NoTalent wrote: »

they have given a time frame ? they have know idea how much work this stuff takes
    From what I’ve seen there is no timeframe.

Right now a lot of simmers supporting the movement just want the devs to acknowledge the request and take on community suggestions on how to improve the (woefully lacking) skin tones.

Some have even suggested that the team reach out to game changer Xmiramira and get her input on new skin tones, considering she’s made custom skin tone packs to extend the range of shades.
  • MagicaCatMagicaCat Posts: 124 Member
    [quote="musteni;c-17606880"] I'd prefer they paid attention to the traits and relationships and added some depth to those.[/quote]

Agreed with this ^ I know there are mods that will add some depth but it would be wonderful to create SIMs with more personality straight off the proverbial bat.
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    edited August 2020
    Those are pretty easy to make as a custom content, they rather start petition for something more useful and gamechanging not for something trivial.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    I think they're working on it but they're not saying. Like a lot of things. I think they could be a little more transparent about things they are working on though. It'd be nice to know if people are wasting their breathe or not.

I'd like to see hairs and eye colour addressed as well.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    edited August 2020
    Maybe they should employ someone who's quite an expert on such things as an outside worker as they did for some plants from the Store in Sims 3. That was very expensive for them, I read at the time.

If they can put in a Simmer's house in Eco Lifestyle they can do it for hair colours!
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    I am hoping for a salon pack that would add more hair colors. I also want my elders to be able to dye their grays away and over a certain amount of sims time the gray would come back.
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    There is also a petition some of you might want to sign. It has reached 75.500 signatures already

https://www.change.org/p/ea-games-a-color-wheel-for-the-sims-4
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    I don’t see hair colors being addressed or changed at this point. It be a ton of work and would be very time consuming to add it to every existing hair in the game. As much as I would love it I just don’t see it happening as it be too much at this point in the life of the game.

However skin tones need to be addressed and if nothing else fixed. The undertones are terrible on many of them especially the darker skins. I’d love a slider or more skin options but I think more than anything we need existing ones fixed and retextured. I don’t ever use the super pale or darker tones because they look terrible no matter what you do. It’s not something they can ignore and as transparent as they are I wish they could and would say something on this.
  • JustinJustin Posts: 731 Member
    Remember when people kept spamming about toddlers ? Then seasons ? Then university? People don’t understand things take time. I’m pretty sure they are working on it because they are aware that this has been brought up before. It will come out when it’s ready . We just need to be patient
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I don't see an issue with the skin tones. There seems to be plenty of variation to me. More hair colours are always welcome though. I think for me personally I'd rather they work on improving babies. I know a lot of people are fine with them as they are but I want them to be better.
  • HarvellHarvell Posts: 14 New Member
    We've been asking for babies that aren't furniture since day one, and six years later they're on par with the effing maggots from the bug farm.
    So no, they're not listening to us.
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Sharonia wrote: »
    I don't see an issue with the skin tones. There seems to be plenty of variation to me. More hair colours are always welcome though. I think for me personally I'd rather they work on improving babies. I know a lot of people are fine with them as they are but I want them to be better.

I think you fail to see it because you are not a POC.
  • SthenastiaSthenastia Posts: 651 Member
    Look at this. That swatches are so cool! How people can do such good content for free but EA cannot for money?

Allura-Skin-Color-Pack-1-2.jpg
    Allura-Skin-Color-Pack-2-2.jpg
  • FaberriesFaberries Posts: 1,354 Member
    I don’t see them changing anything about the hair swatches.

But I agree that we need better/more skintones. Most of them have some weird undertones or look ashy, and a big part of the darker skintones has some weird texture issues (i guess that’s what it it’s called?) and it really needs to be fixed.
    Star Wind Flower Sun
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    edited August 2020
    I think we could use better skintones and black hair styles in basegame. Ive wanted more for years. I just have to rely on CC. Theyve added a few more which is good but not enough imo. But games in general usually ends up ignoring black characters or not really coming through for them. How many successful video game franchises you know have a black character as the main role, not just as support? Miles Morales as Spidey and the guy from Detriot Became Human are the only one I can think of. Or in creating characters have more than just a token afto or maybe just one hairstyle with locs.

I dont see EA doing anymore than what anyone else is doing unfortunately. Unless it means $$$ which means its coming in an expansion in some way, not a patch the way I see it. Or unless people start saying EA is racist and pull it into a blm thing / being tied up in social media with a huge amount of people asking for it, then under pressure theyll prob add them to escape some public shaming lol. Which the only reason once again will be $$$ motivated.

But thankfully there are a lot of modders who deliver! So for now im satisfied.
    Post edited by StrawberryYogurt on
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    edited August 2020
    I don't know, they are not speaking about it, which could hint that maybe not everyone wants to do it. Maybe some people at the company want to add these changes while other people don't. Who knows?

Maybe they don't want to make these changes because they have to be free updates, and they can't sell them as a pack.
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    Justin wrote: »
    Remember when people kept spamming about toddlers ? Then seasons ? Then university? People don’t understand things take time. I’m pretty sure they are working on it because they are aware that this has been brought up before. It will come out when it’s ready . We just need to be patient

@Justin Okay the University and Seasons thing I kind of understand since they were supposed to be packs. But toddlers? Really? You shouldn't have to wait for that to come out. It should be there from the start. Same goes for babies, cars and skintones, if people have been complaining about it 6 whole years ago (which at least with babies and cars they have) then that was enough time. How does it take such a huge company like EA 6 years to make babies, cars, color wheels etc.? And if it's not coming because they don't want to do it, then they should make a statement.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited August 2020
    Sharonia wrote: »

I think you fail to see it because you are not a POC.

You're probably right but there is quite a few coloured skin tones already so yeah that's why I don't really understand it? :#

Like with Animal Crossing New Horizons they have the same complaints and in that game I can understand it because the options for coloured skin tones and hair are actually very few but in TS4 I don't see the same issue.

Anyway I wish good luck with the movement. I honestly don't really think that EA are a listening to their players kind of company unless it's the sound of our money jingling in their pockets. :D
  • JustinJustin Posts: 731 Member
    edited August 2020
    Justin wrote: »

@Justin Okay the University and Seasons thing I kind of understand since they were supposed to be packs. But toddlers? Really? You shouldn't have to wait for that to come out. It should be there from the start. Same goes for babies, cars and skintones, if people have been complaining about it 6 whole years ago (which at least with babies and cars they have) then that was enough time. How does it take such a huge company like EA 6 years to make babies, cars, color wheels etc.? And if it's not coming because they don't want to do it, then they should make a statement.

I agree that they should have better customer service & make a statements that they are aware of what some of the community would like to see. But unfortunately this is the way EA is. Like I’ve said before this game is 6 years old and is still incomplete compare to previous titles. But there’s too many people backing up these type of company’s by supporting them by buying these rip off packs