Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Next Game Pack icon leaked on Official Sims website.

Comments

• Cavapoo_KingCavapoo_King Posts: 5,148 Member
    @catloverplayer maybe this pack is what SimGuruDuke was hinting at in that waterfall tweet you sent to him - that waterfall looked pretty futuristic to me!

Waterfall tweet? I'm curious. :#

So am I
    Gallery ID: cavapoo_king
  • purplestarz2006purplestarz2006 Posts: 340 Member
    kemowery wrote: »
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    Hmmm I keep seeing people say it could just be a theme park, but I don't really see how a theme park in the sims is interesting? Like I enjoy Planet Coaster and the likes because I get to manage parks, but I don't give a flying plum about the characters visiting the park. I don't see how I'd enjoy having to direct an entire sim family through a theme park just to eat some popcorn, get a lightsaber and have Dark Vader sign his autograph (which he basically already does at Geekcon). Wouldn't it be much more fun to live in a galaxy far away by entering a special portal that transports sims into an alternate universe full of lightsaber fights, crazy creatures, a market, new powers? No?

Just curious really, I know tastes differ but I want my space sims now :(

I think the pack is going to be a "theme park" destination, but not because I'm super-excited about theme parks.

This is a game pack, so it's not going to be a massive overhaul of the game. It'll have stuff, a new location, and probably one big (or big-ish) new gameplay element.

Making a full Star Wars expansion would require tons of new stuff--the force, droids, lightsabers, multiple new aliens, plus people talk about how they want to fly and live on spaceships and go to different planets. That's getting to the point of being a new, different game.

The theme park idea is how to square that circle. You don't need to fly a spaceship, because it's one location: Batuu, the location in Galaxy's Edge. There's no need for multiple new alien lifestates, because the weird aliens are actually just costumes. If you get a lightsaber or learn the Force or whatever, it's really only effective in whatever the park storyline is, because it's props and special effects. (That said, while adding in a bunch of aliens isn't likely for a lot of reasons, if they made a Jedi life state it could work mostly with powers we've already seen from spellcasters and vampires.)

Making it a theme park destination rather than an actually real part of the Sims world also gives a reason why it might be "walled off" from the rest of the game. The English Simmer pointed out in a recent video that even though she's excited by the prospect of Star Wars being part of the game, she doesn't want Star Wars leaking out into the rest of the game. I don't know where I got it from, or where I heard about it but I installed a mod to keep the game from making random sims into spellcasters. As the English Simmer points out, the game already does a decent job of not having sims dress up in Star Wars costumes outside of the Geek Con even. So saying that certain things only work in that location because they're not actually real[ in the game--they're part of a themed vacation spot.

But then that got me thinking about the other reason I think it's a theme park destination: There is already Star Wars stuff in the game--costimes for Halloween and a Baby Yoda statues. Star Wars is already fictional in The Sims.

Yeah...I don’t think it’s a coincidence that, even with EA having the Star Wars game license for so long, the first real Star Wars DLC for this game had to wait for Galaxy’s Edge. (For reference, Galaxy’s Edge opened in California in May, 2019 and in Florida that same August. Our last game pack (RoM) came out last September. Admittedly, none of us know the exact timeline for production but it wouldn’t surprise me to learn that they had been working on a Galaxy’s Edge pack almost as long as it’s been open.)

The other thing to remember is within the lore/story/fiction (whichever term you prefer) of Battu, you are not visiting a theme park. You have traveled to another galaxy. The characters don’t have standard meet and greets-occasionally they will stop for a picture if you ask, but there’s no autographs. The cast members-everyone from the cashiers at the restaurant to the ride operators-are all in character as residents of Battu. You don’t “go on a ride”, you volunteer as a flight crew. You don’t order fried chicken for lunch, you order fried “tip-yip”. The plushies you see are either made by by a local toy maker, or are a real, living creature depending on which market stall you’re at. Your phone becomes a “data pad”, bathrooms are called “refreshers”, and instead of “hello” you hear “Bright Suns”.

Of course, as an adult human you know that this is a show and you got here through a Disney park, but the land does everything in its’ power to make you forget this. This is why I don’t think the tweet about theme parks not being in the current pipeline doesn’t really apply here. To your Sims, Battu wouldn’t be a theme park. They would be taking a vacation to the real planet of Battu, which is exactly what you pretend is happening when you visit the real life version.
    TranquilityCreekBannerMaskssmall.jpg
  • GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    edited August 2020
    It was months ago but I remember seeing it and thinking 'future/space' - at first I thought it was just wishful thinking but now I'm not so sure

EDIT: Couldn't find the exact tweet but I did manage to find this thread https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/966759/what-pack-could-this-waterfall-be-coming-in/p1

I believe this was the waterfall in question:
    YqhLlF4.jpg
    Post edited by GracieO312 on
  • Cassieb95Cassieb95 Posts: 347 Member
    edited August 2020
    Give us the announcement already! <3
  • EliasVersaceEliasVersace Posts: 477 Member
    edited August 2020
    GracieO312 wrote: »
    It was months ago but I remember seeing it and thinking 'future/space' - at first I thought it was just wishful thinking but now I'm not so sure

EDIT: Couldn't find the exact tweet but I did manage to find this thread https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/966759/what-pack-could-this-waterfall-be-coming-in/p1

YqhLlF4.jpg

Ah, wow. This makes so much sense with a space (or SW) theme - and would also fit with Batuu. Hoping to see this kind of waterfall in the pack!
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    GracieO312 wrote: »

YqhLlF4.jpg

Ah, wow. This makes so much sense with a space (or SW) theme - and would also fit with Batuu. Hoping to see this kind of waterfall in the pack!

what more evidence y'all need it's SW!! LMBO!
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    @catloverplayer maybe this pack is what SimGuruDuke was hinting at in that waterfall tweet you sent to him - that waterfall looked pretty futuristic to me!

Waterfall tweet? I'm curious. :#

Basically a guru commented on a topic that a waterfall should be included in a world, and they said something like lemme check what we have planned, and said yes it should fit.
  • Cavapoo_KingCavapoo_King Posts: 5,148 Member
    edited August 2020
    Just so you dont have to scroll back to find the picture here it is
    0sNZSkd.png
    simspackicongp.png
    1rjXBxw.png

Post edited by Cavapoo_King on
    Gallery ID: cavapoo_king
  • KhrisstyneKhrisstyne Posts: 368 Member
    I feel like we've already figured out what the game pack is.
    I remember everytime the majority of us started to speculate a pack there was a sudden "leak"or a tweet from the gurus saying basically to not get our hopes up or it's not what it looks like.
    Like with Realm of Magic when the clip came out about Morgyn looking as though Morgyn was transforming under a moonlight, gurus had to bring us back to reallity.
    With Eco Lifestyle, some of us were all hyped thinking it was Farming due to that fake Instagram post and then there was a sudden "leak" the next day. They don't want us to be mislead or get our hopes up. I don't think people are angry or reacting too badly to a SW game pack like how people got super excited for fake things that were denied by the devs.

Anyway I think either we're right about a SW/space game pack or something along those lines which is why no one has said anything to deny or confirm it however those leaks came out a bit before the announcement.
    AviaWinters.tumblr.com
    AviaTheDramaFiend.wordpress.com
    (not always sims related but I review and discuss television shows and movies. Foreign or not.)

I play on console and PC now! YAY!
  • Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 786 Member
    We should not set our expectations too high. What if this pack turns out to be something totally different? It could be farming or a winter vacation pack,or maybe even a Happy Haunts game pack.We can't keep assuming that it's automatically going to be some sort of Star Wars pack.
    Why do you hide inside these walls?
  • CaprianaBCaprianaB Posts: 511 Member
    Onverser wrote: »
    This is how I see it, interesting to see that other people interpret it a totally different way

1rjXBxw.png

That was my first thought too.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    See, if it's Star Wars, or even just Space, then the landscape based icon being something different from the norm makes a certain degree of sense. Especially for Star Wars if it's based on Galaxy's Edge, because the Galaxy's edge icon is pretty close to the icon we saw (as evidenced on pictures further up in the thread.)

For those who see snowballs or snowflakes... what is the reasoning, do you think, for going with such a different icon from the norm?
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,462 Member
    I don’t get the choice of Winter Holiday imagery either. That building on the icon doesn’t even have the silhouette of a chalet. Maybe a weather station on Antarctica, but a chalet? I like the idea of terrorizing giant snowballs, but that doesn’t seem like a peaceful winter holiday to me...
  • GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    I don’t get the choice of Winter Holiday imagery either. That building on the icon doesn’t even have the silhouette of a chalet. Maybe a weather station on Antarctica, but a chalet? I like the idea of terrorizing giant snowballs, but that doesn’t seem like a peaceful winter holiday to me...

I love how she has sized up snowballs to represent the three suns/moons/planets :lol:
  • EliasVersaceEliasVersace Posts: 477 Member
    edited August 2020
    I don't think this leaked icon (with this skyline) would be used by the Sims team for a theme that's not space related. I doubt that the devs would produce a fake logo either, because the graphic design team would have to be paid for the time they spent on that fake placeholder. And after that, the fake would have to be loaded into the game. That's time and money for a short-lived joke, when they just could've sent out a vague twitter hint to put us on the wrong track. It could be a concept icon that didn't make the cut, though.

Not saying that anything is set in stone - we don't know any details about the pack indeed. But with an official icon that has this kind of design, I doubt it's something other than space. But then again, who knows
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Scobre wrote: »

The GameChanger program is 100% voluntary. No one is forced to stay.
    True. Just makes the program not appealing to those that want to join under those conditions that's all. It would mentally break anyone. I understand why they look so tired now with the lack of sleep. A former CM was explaining the new limitations with me and even they thought it was unhealthy.

You think the new limitations has to do with that leak about firefighters and stuff?
    No idea. Leaks have happened for years, so I don't see it changing anything. I don't mind leaks personally, but then again I'm not apart of those fan sites that speculate leaks too, so it helps.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    See, if it's Star Wars, or even just Space, then the landscape based icon being something different from the norm makes a certain degree of sense. Especially for Star Wars if it's based on Galaxy's Edge, because the Galaxy's edge icon is pretty close to the icon we saw (as evidenced on pictures further up in the thread.)

For those who see snowballs or snowflakes... what is the reasoning, do you think, for going with such a different icon from the norm?

These people APPARENTLY have BIG butt snow and snowflakes LMAO
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member

I like big butt snow and I cannot lie. B)
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    Okay, after seeing this post by @LeGardePourpre:
    Let's check something before speculating

The icon looks fake.

sims4_10.pngsimspackicongp.png

I don't believe the 'light ray' coming down is actually anything at all. If you compare it to the ROM icon, you can see that part of the background looks exactly like the 'light ray.' So, it's either just a part of the background graphics, or, I guess they could've repurposed the background graphic to look like some kind of 'light ray' just to tease us all, maybe? 🤨

I still don't have a clue really, though it is looking more like something SW related from the pics of that Galaxy's Edge theme park world of Batuu. It's so similar, hard to believe it's just a coincidence in my opinion. *shrugs*

However, it could still be a Winter or Water world. For instance, I know the 'buildings' don't look like chalets, but there's also exploratory outposts in the Antarctic and Arctic that look a bit like that. Plus I don't think anyone's brought up the fact those 'snowballs' could actually be snowflakes. They're giant on purpose as if whoever took the pic took it during a snowstorm and those are actually snowflakes close to the camera? I'm grasping, but I think you know what I'm getting at here.

Sooo, maybe it's another story pack based on an old SciFi movie called, "The Thing," based in an Antarctic type world and our Sims will be charged with solving it, defeating the alien boss 'thing.' :D Probably not though since it's supposed to be something they've never done before and we've already got StrangerVille with an alien 'boss' to defeat.

Also, if they purposely used the background to depict an actual 'light ray' from the surface or from an aquatic vehicle such as a submarine, I still think it could be an underwater world and those three round circles are bubbles close to the camera of whoever took the 'pic.' Again, this is just my opinions and I really don't have a clue, it's just fun speculating! :D
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Scobre wrote: »

I like big butt snow and I cannot lie. B)

lol B)
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Karababy52 wrote: »
    Okay, after seeing this post by @LeGardePourpre:
    Let's check something before speculating

The icon looks fake.

sims4_10.pngsimspackicongp.png

I don't believe the 'light ray' coming down is actually anything at all. If you compare it to the ROM icon, you can see that part of the background looks exactly like the 'light ray.' So, it's either just a part of the background graphics, or, I guess they could've repurposed the background graphic to look like some kind of 'light ray' just to tease us all, maybe? 🤨

I still don't have a clue really, though it is looking more like something SW related from the pics of that Galaxy's Edge theme park world of Batuu. It's so similar, hard to believe it's just a coincidence in my opinion. *shrugs*

However, it could still be a Winter or Water world. For instance, I know the 'buildings' don't look like chalets, but there's also exploratory outposts in the Antarctic and Arctic that look a bit like that. Plus I don't think anyone's brought up the fact those 'snowballs' could actually be snowflakes. They're giant on purpose as if whoever took the pic took it during a snowstorm and those are actually snowflakes close to the camera? I'm grasping, but I think you know what I'm getting at here.

Sooo, maybe it's another story pack based on an old SciFi movie called, "The Thing," based in an Antarctic type world and our Sims will be charged with solving it, defeating the alien boss 'thing.' :D Probably not though since it's supposed to be something they've never done before and we've already got StrangerVille with an alien 'boss' to defeat.

Also, if they purposely used the background to depict an actual 'light ray' from the surface or from an aquatic vehicle such as a submarine, I still think it could be an underwater world and those three round circles are bubbles close to the camera of whoever took the 'pic.' Again, this is just my opinions and I really don't have a clue, it's just fun speculating! :D

I want it to be space but I think its underwater
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Jprp83Jprp83 Posts: 400 Member
    If it turns out to be a winter themed pack that has to be the worst logo design ever lol

I'm betting on Star Wars... Or a space theme at least.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited August 2020
    Well, whatever it is, I'm so bored with it I can't even speculate about it anymore. lol I liked several packs in TS4, but lost interest other than to come on here and speculate about what might be next over the last three years, but with each new pack it seems my interest in even speculating what they might be doing has finally worn out.

I can only hope it's a door or window to see into what they may be doing about TS5, and hopefully I can stop being bored with this series. The clues are beyond me because of a generational gap, I mean I liked SW original films but cared nothing for anything that came after. I thought the Ewoks were too childish in the last movie and would have preferred they actually hadn't used them as many other fans wished.

Then came the movies about Darth Vador as a young man in love, but on the road to the dark force, never liked those series of films, can't name you even two characters from those movies, found some of the side kicks extremely annoying, and never visited any of those movies again.

Then Disney gets the series of movies and rights...don't even want to talk or think about those movies. Can't name you not one character in those. Boring. I assume I'm out of the loop either because of a generational gap and or because I just didn't like anything about SW after the 70's movies. Can't stand when movies make political barbs in their lines (in the later SW movies) given to characters. Just entertain me, and keep your mouth shut or I stop watching or buying. It's actually a waste of my time to speculate about something I care nothing about. lol So, I'm done wondering what the heck it is, I don't care. :/:o
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    It looked fun coming up with the game pack icon so i wanted to give it a shot, since everyone is saying it could be space related i kept in that theme but outside of starwars. If it is space theme, then it could be a pack meant to give more game play for aliens or just scifi players.
    DoqTGiR.png
    giphy.gif

• ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I am more interested in snow than space or futurism, but I do think it looks like a space theme. If it's an intense space theme, I probably won't be interested. I'll be willing to see what information comes out, but I'm not that interested in Star Wars. It could be a space/science theme based on some of the concepts that were previously voted on.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.