Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Does anyone else think it's not a star wars pack?

Comments

• CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,457 Member
    I’m hoping for this to be a Space Travel pack (3 planets rather than suns) and would not mind if it’s not at all Star Wars related.

But if it does turn out to be Star Wars specifically (I’ll be honest: yay!) I’d be very curious as to how this will actually work, even if I have plenty ideas about what it could be, without it turning into Theme Park / Movie/ Game Con Gameplay, which was ruled out by the devs. Well, at least Theme Park was. The rest is available in City Living and personally I’d have 0 interest in that.

There will be more hints though, so we’ll see. Time will tell.
    edited August 2020
    I still wonder if it's actually a real pack -- it could have been an intercompany tribute of some sort to the EA Star Wars franchise and accidentally leaked out.

I don’t believe a tribute icon would be placed under the Game Pack selection in the game’s main menu, unless it is for an actual game pack.
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    logion wrote: »
    I mean we got Moschino... MAC... I would not find it unlikely for them to make an entire Star Wars pack. They seem to make whatever they feel like these days.

Moschino is a real brand.Star Wars is a fictional.

Has nothing to do with anything
    edited August 2020
    I mean we got Moschino... MAC... I would not find it unlikely for them to make an entire Star Wars pack. They seem to make whatever they feel like these days.

Star Wars is as real a brand as it can get. It’s one of the biggest brands out there:

If you can buy stuff for it and someone else is making money from that, it’s a real brand and there’s nothing fictional about it.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member
    JACKIEJOY wrote: »
    I am still baffled by the idea of trying to shoehorn an entire galaxy into a game pack.

Why do you think they'd try? One world. Probably Batuu. Reasons why are in other threads.

As for the main topic of this thread... it may not be Star Wars. Without the enlarged interpretation, I saw a canyon on a distant planet. But of the other guesses out there, only some other sort of Space pack makes any sort of sense for the three circles on the icon. Possibly underwater, but their arrangement is wrong, imo, for bubbles.

Any of the other interpretations probably would have had a less esoteric Icon.
  • Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,183 Member

Star Wars is as real a brand as it can get. It’s one of the biggest brands out there:

If you can buy stuff for it and someone else is making money from that, it’s a real brand and there’s nothing fictional about it.

My point is Moschino is a brand of clothing.Stars Wars are movies.I don't seem them making a full pack base on a movie.
  • MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    I thought it was space related but i dont know much about sw to get any hints related to it from the icon. We will see if it ends up being sw themed or just general space. I cant think of anything other than space when i look at that icon, but i could be wrong and it is something else.

My point is Moschino is a brand of clothing.Stars Wars are movies.I don't seem them making a full pack base on a movie.

At this point in the Franchise's development, Star Wars is a setting. They're not going to make it so you're recreating the run on the Death Star or the Battle of Endor (or Crait, Hoth, or Jakku for that matter. EA has other games for that.)

And if this is a Star Wars pack, we're going to get one tiny part of that setting. The only people I see thinking otherwise are people who either expect too much of a Game Pack, or who don't want it (or both)
    edited August 2020

Your sim wearing a Moschino t shirt and earrings, decorating their house with Moschino inspired furniture and getting a fancy object to take fancy pictures of it, is content-wise really no different to your sim wearing a Star Wars outfit, decorating your hut with Star Wars stuff and getting a spaceship to explore different planets. If it is Star Wars, I don’t think it will be based on playing out a narrative that exists in the movies, however there may be quests that are inspired by Star Wars lore.

If one takes away the ‘Star Wars’ aspect and just turns it into ‘Space Travel’, it would be the same gameplay. Just with different aesthetics and possibly different background stories.
  • Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,183 Member

Your sim wearing a Moschino t shirt and earrings, decorating their house with Moschino inspired furniture and getting a fancy object to take fancy pictures of it, is content-wise really no different to your sim wearing a Star Wars outfit, decorating your hut with Star Wars stuff and getting a spaceship to explore different planets. If it is Star Wars, I don’t think it will be based on playing out a narrative that exists in the movies, however there may be quests that are inspired by Star Wars lore.

If one takes away the ‘Star Wars’ aspect and just turns it into ‘Space Travel’, it would be the same gameplay. Just with different aesthetics and possibly different background stories.

It is different, if they were wearing a star wars shirt, or cosplaying.I see that, but I don't seem them making a pack for star wars world.I do see them making a space pack, will star wars references, and some inspire game play.
  • Charlotta11Charlotta11 Posts: 399 Member
    I think it's like underwater/subnaut pack. This is probaply really far fetch but in sims4 princess cornelia lore, it talks about submarine. I hope gurus would tell already :
    11.3.2019_1.06.18.png
  • mannannamannanna Posts: 466 Member
  • GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    I think it's like underwater/subnaut pack. This is probaply really far fetch but in sims4 princess cornelia lore, it talks about submarine. I hope gurus would tell already :

I'm not sure if the next pack will be this but I'd love a pack that expanded underwater/mermaid play and incorporated Princess Cordelia lore
    I don't seem them making a pack for star wars world.I do see them making a space pack, will star wars references, and some inspire game play.

I don’t think it’s a little bit of this and a little bit of that. It’s either all the way Star Wars, or no Star Wars at all.

As @DaWaterRat mentioned in her previous post, Star Wars will most likely be a setting:
    ‘Galaxy’s Edge’ in Disney World (which could explain the icon design) is a place where one can go to a market, maybe befriend holograms ( I don’t know, never been there, but I can imagine gameplay for that), build droids, or a spaceship, and from there one could travel to another planet to find crystals in order to build light sabers or other stuff.

All the above can be done if it isn’t a Star Wars Pack, but a Space Travel Pack. You just replace light sabers with something else. Same idea.
  • Charlotta11Charlotta11 Posts: 399 Member
    GracieO312 wrote: »

I'm not sure if the next pack will be this but I'd love a pack that expanded underwater/mermaid play and incorporated Princess Cordelia lore

Same! I wish we would get the world cornelia lives too. We got some painting from that world and it look so pretty! Would be so sad if they would not make it in sims4
    11.3.2019_1.06.18.png
  • VageniusVagenius Posts: 487 Member
    I don't think it's a Star Wars pack either. I honestly don't know from the picture. I was trying to look back at all the expansions that we've gotten from Sims 1 onward and see what has really never been done. I do believe a space world or living on the moon or something is definitely something that has never been done. I think it could be cool to live in domes on the moon or something and maybe give some cool new build options. I also don't really recall them ever making a pack about living in the mountains. I see some people talking about a winter vacation or living pack. I could have just skimmed through and not payed close enough attention but I don't think I've ever had sims living up in the mountains where it snows all the time, or there is at least always snow on the ground. Could be fun to have skiing and snowboarding. With the new terrain tools it would be cool to make log cabins built into mountain sides. Who knows though, it could be something completely different than anyone is assuming.
  • bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    I also hope it's a Space themed pack rather than a Star Wars pack. Having a pack that is about Star Wars feels a bit icky, it feels a bit too gimicky for my liking.
    I also really like the idea of an underwater pack.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,945 Member
    edited August 2020
    I desperately hope its not star wars (or space even) but the fact that gurus are not commenting on it or denying it in anyway makes me feel it is

cause i dont think theyd want to risk the wrath of star wars fans if it isn't and it would have made sense to deny outright
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    Lunar Lakes was a great world in Sims 3.
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,658 Member
    Icon looks like space to me, but would really the SW right holders allow for their meta product to be copied into he sims series? A small part of the environment or one of the characters, maybe, but I doubt they want any other studio develop anything that might affect the future understanding of the SW universe. EA obviously has the right to produce SW games, but that is not taking place in a the sims version...

And why would they already add Jedi baby if they were working on a SW pack?

There are so many ideas and wishes for TS4. I really hope they go original :)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
    Icon looks like space to me, but would really the SW right holders allow for their meta product to be copied into he sims series? A small part of the environment or one of the characters, maybe, but I doubt they want any other studio develop anything that might affect the future understanding of the SW universe. EA obviously has the right to produce SW games, but that is not taking place in a the sims version...

Odds are good (and yes, this is still speculation) that it's not going to be the Star Wars universe at large, but just the Black Spire Outpost on Batuu from the Disney parks. So yes, a small part of Star Wars. No one who thinks the Star Wars interpretation is the best one thinks we're getting all of Star wars in the Sims. Even those who are thinking larger than Batuu aren't thinking we'll get it all.

I'm thinking that this is basically advertising for Galaxy's edge that we're paying for. In my case because a $20 pack is much easier on the budget than a $2k+ vacation, and if this is what I'm expecting, it's the only way I'm going to get even close to Black Spire Outpost anytime soon.
    I'm thinking that this is basically advertising for Galaxy's edge that we're paying for. In my case because a $20 pack is much easier on the budget than a $2k+ vacation, and if this is what I'm expecting, it's the only way I'm going to get even close to Black Spire Outpost anytime soon.

Unless you own an Oculus? A VR game based on Galaxy’s Edge is set to be released at the end of this year:

https://www.pcgamer.com/star-wars-tales-from-the-galaxys-edge-is-a-vr-game-based-on-the-theme-park/
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    Actually I'm really hoping that the new Gamepack will cover all SiFi themes & have a whole big planet with about 20 lots in it.
    However, being a realist, MAXIS EA isn't known to be that imaginative.
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    Actually I'm really hoping that the new Gamepack will cover all SiFi themes & have a whole big planet with about 20 lots in it.
    However, being a realist, MAXIS EA isn't known to be that imaginative.

What Game Pack have they released for Sims 4 with that many lots in it? It's not a matter of imaginative, it's a matter of budget.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    Get Together's Windenburg is a big world with over 20 lots.