Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things I would like to see in TS4

Hello,

I'm pretty sure these have already been mentioned but I'm just voicing what I'd like to see in TS4.
  • Body Hair for SIMS (before you ask no I don't like using Mods, and should really be in a free update)
  • Babies to be non-objects like in previous series
  • Adjustable height for SIMS, as they all seem to be the same size as can't adjust height

Comments

• Options
    Z3t487Z3t487 Posts: 14 New Member
    I want a mod that exactly tell me how old ( in years, if possible even months and days) my sim is, instead of saying... 81 days left, then you turn Adult... (young adult with 81 days left before turning Adult is about a 24 years old person btw, according to my calculations).

I just want the game to tell me i'm 24 years old and not 81 days left of Young Adult.

In real life we have:

Newborns: 0 days-28 days old
    Toddlers: 28 days- 1 year old
    Childs: 1-2 years old
    Still child: 2-6 years old
    Again still child: 6-9 years old
    Puberty and Teens: 10-22 years old
    Young Adult: 22-39 years old
    Adult: 40-59 years old
    Elder: 60-75
    Very Elder: 75-90
    Legendary Elder: 91+

So...

Considering the long life span of 364+ days that is 4 times the normal life span of 91 days and considering 1 day in game = 1 year for our sims with normal life spans so they live at least 91 years (not too far off from the average life span of 72.6 years old worldwide in real life).

I thought: ok, i chose long life span, so 4 days in game = 1 year for the sims.

In game we have with long life spans:

Newborns: 0-12 days
    Toddlers: 32 days
    Child: 56 days
    Teeen: 56 days
    Young Adult: 94 days
    Adult: 94 days
    Elder: 40+ days

So to understand how long for our sims a day is ( in a certain life stage)...well, it depends on how long that life stage is in real life.

So...

Doing the maths:

Newborns: 12 in game days/28 real life days means... 1 in game day as Newborn= 0.42857143 real days

Toddlers: 32 in game days / about 11 in real life months means... 2.90909091 in game days = 1 life month for a Toddler, so 1 in game day = 10.31249999677734 real days

Child: 56 in game days / 8 real life years means 7 day in game as Child = 1 real year as Child, so 1 in game days = 54.14285714285714 real days

Teen: 56 in game days / 12 real life years means 4.666666666666667 in game days = 1 real year as Teen, so 1 in game day = 78.21428571428571 real days

Young Adult: 94 in game days / 17 real life years = 5.52941176 in game days = 1 real year for Young Adults, so 1 in game day = 66.01063835405161

Adults: 94 in game days / 19 real life years = 4.94736842 in game days = 1 real year for Adult Sims

Elder goes from 60 to 91+ so 31+ real life years so...

Elder: 40+ in game days so... at least 40 in game days / 31 real life years means 1.29032258 in game days = 1 year for him ( if the elder lives 40 in game days).

So... how old is a Young Adult with 81 days left before turning Adult (with long life span selected)?

He completed newborn so: 12x0.42857143 days

plus

He completed Toddler: 32 x 10.31249999677734 days

plus

He completed Child: 56 x 54.14285714285714 days

plus

He Completed Teen: 56 x 78.21428571428571 days

He entered Young Adult: (you enter with 94 days left, he got 81 days left so 13 in game days passed.

So as Young Adult 13 x 66.01063835405161 days passed.

So he is 12x0.42857143 + 32 x 10.31249999677734 + 56 x 54.14285714285714 + 56 x 78.21428571428571 + 13 x 66.01063835405161 DAYS OLD.... (about 24 years).
  • Options
    Serious_sims_gamer43Serious_sims_gamer43 Posts: 523 Member
    I really want bunk beds(I know there are mods but my computer is old so I cant download any) and having an option for something between being a child and a teen. and, this might sound weird but, having a kind of app store on the iPad so sims can download games. It would be also pretty cool if we could see the kids when they go to school and control them if we want. :)
  • Options
    Z3t487Z3t487 Posts: 14 New Member
    We should have those ages in the sims 4:

Newborns:0-28 days age
    Toddlers:: 28 days - 1 year age
    First childhood: 1-2 yearsage
    Second childhood: 2-6 years age
    Third childhood: 6-9 years age
    Pree-teens: 10-14 years old age
    Teens: 10-22 years old age
    Young Adults: 22-39 years old age
    Adults: 40-59 years old age
    Elders: 60-75 years old age
    Older Elders: 75-90 years old age
    Even Older Elders 91+ years old age

And in proportion with sims days.
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    At the moment what i want more is the ability to edit neighbourhoods. Not the landscape, as i think that won't happen, but at least to be able to add some bb.

For example, in a neighbourhood where my sims are dedicated to the arts, i would like to add some easels in the park... small things like that.

I know there's a mod for that (Tool) but Im afraid of using it 😬 I've used some big mods before and they make my game lag and get bigger loading screens... i don't know if that's the case with this mod but im always delaying trying it cause i think this mod is a big one...
  • Options
    Ok, so i've tried tool mod and im sooooo happy :) it's super easy to work with and it solved my problem. My sims now have a neighbourhood with much more to do without loading screens!
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    I need to try that, but I keep putting it off. :blush:
  • Options
    crocobaura wrote: »
    I need to try that, but I keep putting it off. :blush:

Do it! It's super easy to use. I was putting it off too and i regret not doing it before.
  • Options
    EastsideSimmerEastsideSimmer Posts: 4 New Member
    I'd really enjoy either a mod or an update that allows us to layer accessories. It's really frustrating having to recategorize items just because I can only choose one per category. I know there was a mod to do that for TS3, but no luck for TS4 yet.
  • Options
    Sarahan15Sarahan15 Posts: 1 New Member
    I want to see a farming expansion pack. Also a futuristic world would be really cool!
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    edited August 2020
    I want a music pack with drums, saxophones, and the ability to form music groups from punk trios to classical orchestras! And I want my Sims to put on an opera!
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    Forgetfulturtle4Forgetfulturtle4 Posts: 1 New Member
    I would love wall mounted microwaves! Every house I've lived in has had the microwave above the stove, so it would be more realistic to have that option!
    Matching furniture and decor would be fantastic, as well! I.e. Matching love seats, couches, and chairs; railings, gates, and fences; half wall trims that match wall trims or floors, ect.
    The option to switch which side the shower head and faucet in tubs/showers would be great, too!
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    Ohhh these are all great "wants"! I like quite a few of them and would be really happy to have them implemented!

The ability to edit the neighborhood - YES! For sure, I don't mean terraforming or anything, but I'd love to remove some of the gawdy stuff that's in some of them or move trees that are in the way of my view.

Mounted microwaves is a fantastic idea too! I too have always wanted one of those and wondered why that has never been an option, I would also love to have wall mounted ovens and counter top stovetops, or even stoves without a backsplash so they would fit seamlessly into a kitchen island, also I feel like backsplashes on counters should be an option you turn on or off, there isn't a backsplash if it's not against the wall so why can't it be an option? And another want is floating countertops that have no counter underneath.

I would also love sleeker, less thick and chunky framed doors and windows. We got some with EL but only from the inside, the outside sticks out retardedly.

• Options
    ParvatiParvati Posts: 251 Member
    I'd like to see a new get to work job in specific I'd like "pet grooming" B)
  • Options
    bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    a notification from ea saying "we'll stop making content for ts4 because we already milked it enough"
  • Options
    xDKxShadowHawkxDKxShadowHawk Posts: 11 New Member
    Id love to see a sailormoon or harry potter pack
  • Options
    Silver_Rayn123Silver_Rayn123 Posts: 7 New Member
    You know that Paint Mode for pets we have in the cats and dog expansion?
    Yeah I want that, but for the human sims!!

That way we can do custom scars, body hair, facial hair, freckles, face marks, tattoos, and birth marks, ect ourselves without having to download cc or jump through a million dumb hoops to make our own cc
  • Options
    Silver_Rayn123Silver_Rayn123 Posts: 7 New Member
    That, and being able to put rooms connected to each other at different heights! doing split levels and lofts would be alot easier lol
  • Options
    popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    I just want to be able to water the houseplants and have them die if I don’t ☺️ why did they take this away?
  • Options
    EliasVersaceEliasVersace Posts: 477 Member
    edited September 2020
    - Paintable ceilings
    - Corner sofa's and soft looking luxury sofas! There are too many with wooden frames imo.
    - The option to favorite items in CAS (with a star mark) and a 'select this outfit for all categories'-option.
    - The option to not own a cellphone and not use computers by default. Maybe a toggle in CAS, something like 'is this a modern or an old-fashioned sim?'
    - World population options in the Game Settings. ('Populate worlds only with Sims from those worlds, disable aliens in-world, disable spell casters in-world, etc')
    - More pool stuff
    - Magic for children
    - Correct lighting when removing foundation for sunken indoor area's (the game now uses outside lighting for that)
  • Options
    DevSims91DevSims91 Posts: 470 Member
    I want all of this!

I honesty wish EA would listen to us though (I’d also love the option for the Strangerville mystery to be turned off so we can just play in the neighborhood. I’m in the middle of my game a sim asks me to the bar and all of the sudden the mystery starts and I have to drop what I’m doing to play it.)

I’d honestly love the items in the Strangerville pack (I use one of the tops on my sims so much so much but I don’t want to play the story again and again. I honestly thought it would be fun but I got the ending spoiled and I hate it. The town has a vibe cool and I want to play the sims in it.

I also want more lots, some of the “neighborhoods” these days have two lots I want neighbors next door is that too much to ask! (This is an Eco Lifestyle problem. In some neighborhoods it makes sense but not this one... At least we get apartments.
  • Options
    Paron2005Paron2005 Posts: 1 New Member
    A thing that has always bothered me is that you can not use several lot types on the same lot. This would be a big improvement if you could do that. Lets say I wanted too make a libary and cafe on the same lot or a bar and a restaurant. Now the sims don't do or use the other items on the lot if I pick for example bowling ally and restaurant. Please make this in the future. It wold be so much more fun!
  • Options
    Paron2005 wrote: »
    A thing that has always bothered me is that you can not use several lot types on the same lot. This would be a big improvement if you could do that. Lets say I wanted too make a libary and cafe on the same lot or a bar and a restaurant. Now the sims don't do or use the other items on the lot if I pick for example bowling ally and restaurant. Please make this in the future. It wold be so much more fun!

This is one of my biggest, biggest pet-peeves ever! If I place an interactive object down that is tied to an NPC, that NPC should come and it be funcitonal no matter what the lot "type" is! There are so so sooooo many different types of venues in RL that are not boxed in to just ONE thing. Bookstores with an attached coffee shop. Restaurants that have a separate bar area.

I've always thought a laundromat/bar/tanning salon would be a perfect establishment in RL. Put your clothes in the washer, guys could go have a drink and watch some sports while the ladies go fake-n-bake, then when their done, put clothes in dryer and meet up with the guy at the bar for some appetizers until the clothes are done.

Why! Why! WHYYYYYY EA can't we make multiple types of venues on one lot?
  • Options
    EliasVersaceEliasVersace Posts: 477 Member
    Paron2005 wrote: »

This is one of my biggest, biggest pet-peeves ever! If I place an interactive object down that is tied to an NPC, that NPC should come and it be funcitonal no matter what the lot "type" is! There are so so sooooo many different types of venues in RL that are not boxed in to just ONE thing. Bookstores with an attached coffee shop. Restaurants that have a separate bar area.

I've always thought a laundromat/bar/tanning salon would be a perfect establishment in RL. Put your clothes in the washer, guys could go have a drink and watch some sports while the ladies go fake-n-bake, then when their done, put clothes in dryer and meet up with the guy at the bar for some appetizers until the clothes are done.

Why! Why! WHYYYYYY EA can't we make multiple types of venues on one lot?

I feel like this is actually something they could add at some point. I'm really hoping for it too, and the Strangerville toggle mentioned above as well. Oh and a graveyard lot type, meaningful traits and new Sim voices. Come on EA, you can do it!
  • Options
    redlion408redlion408 Posts: 1 New Member
    I’d love it if either in a free update or expansion pack that they would address disabilities in game. For example they could add wheelchairs for all ages, have ramps with the same function as stairs, etc. I think this would be be a really alternative addition to gameplay !! :)
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    redlion408 wrote: »
    I’d love it if either in a free update or expansion pack that they would address disabilities in game. For example they could add wheelchairs for all ages, have ramps with the same function as stairs, etc. I think this would be be a really alternative addition to gameplay !! :)

Yes it would be awesome, but then you're opening up a can of worms from others who don't have that type of physical disability but have other disabilities and will cry out saying they're not being inclusive enough. I don't think there's a good way to do it, because they would have to literally address every type of disability known to man. There is absolutely no way on this green earth that EA could possibly add any type of disability without the community being in an uproar, IMO.

And I've read comments from some people who do have disabilities and have specifically stated they don't want that in the game because they play the game to forget about it for while and they don't want to be reminded of it.

It's a tough and touchy subject on how to do it without making light of disabilities. Now if they had added a wheelchair as part of the GTW Hospital that would have been better.