Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

ANNOUNCEMENT tomorrow?

2...Next

Comments

• Leahmiller2006Leahmiller2006 Posts: 354 Member
    cheescaeks wrote: »
    looking like it might be next week, if they are aiming for a late august early september release.

Possibly. I’m hoping for another update though, before the gamepack. One that adds something, babies, bunk beds or something like that
    Let Your Smile Change Your World, But Don't Let The World Change Your Smile.

5K Mud Run For Cancer Research, 14 July 2018.
    Sims 4, 25th December 2014
    They'll announce it the week of the 17th, because that's the week I'll be busy moving. :/

😂Probably , that’d be my luck if i was moving

• crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    looking like it might be next week, if they are aiming for a late august early september release.

Possibly. I’m hoping for another update though, before the gamepack. One that adds something, babies, bunk beds or something like that

Do you think SimGuruGeorge was teasing about improved babies? Like babies that grow a bit and can be moved out of their bassinet, changed on a changing table and hopefully taken for a walk in a stroller?
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    I think you may be right, I don't think SimGuruGeorge would post so many hints unless there was an announcement pretty soon.

Also...another sale again? They really have a lot of sales these days.
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    logion wrote: »
    I think you may be right, I don't think SimGuruGeorge would post so many hints unless there was an announcement pretty soon.

They always have....like my gosh I don't think any previous installments hardly never went on sale...

I know NOW why they say they have so many players (well, might not be people who actively play but have bought it.) than any other installment...it GOES on sale ALL the time so.
  • Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 784 Member
    I hope they add some brand-new venues to the game,and I hope EA stops adding bars in every new pack that's created; we have way too many bars now. Hey,EA/Maxis-how about giving us EXCITING venues for once? Venues like video game arcades...movie theaters/drive in movies....laundromats(that should of been included in Laundry Day).skateboard parks,etc,convienience stores(like 7-11) that include slushie machines,etc. We REALLY need new gameplay.

I also hope they start adding new traits to Sims 4. We're STILL missing traits like Nurturing,Coward,Lucky,Unlucky,Light Sleeper,etc.

Why do you hide inside these walls?
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    SimGuruGeorge does have a habit of being a tease sometimes, so who knows. I don't think it will be tomorrow. He has hinted at content before.

I know pandemic was mentioned with the EA conference call, so could be why there are more sales and going to be this year with lack of work happening more often.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,176 Member
    edited August 2020
    Gamescom 2020 is online on August 27

But they never announced a Game Pack at this event, only Expansion Packs.

2011 : Gamescom (TS3 Pets)
    2012 :
    2013 : Gamescom (TS4 CAS Demo)
    2014 :
    2015 : Gamescom (Get Together)
    2016 :
    2017 : Gamescom (Cats & Dogs)
    2018 :
    2019 : EA Play (Island Living, Moschino Stuff and Realm of Magic)
    2020 : ???
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    I hope they add some brand-new venues to the game,and I hope EA stops adding bars in every new pack that's created; we have way too many bars now. Hey,EA/Maxis-how about giving us EXCITING venues for once? Venues like video game arcades...movie theaters/drive in movies....laundromats(that should of been included in Laundry Day).skateboard parks,etc,convienience stores(like 7-11) that include slushie machines,etc. We REALLY need new gameplay.

I also hope they start adding new traits to Sims 4. We're STILL missing traits like Nurturing,Coward,Lucky,Unlucky,Light Sleeper,etc.

Speaking of Venues I wonder if we'll get any related to another planet.
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    edited August 2020
    So there’s a sale on for the sims AGAIN. We all know we have been getting MAJOR hints for days now so something is defo gonna be announced soon. When we had the last sale, it ended the day before Nifty Knitting was released. This next sale says it’ll end on the 18th of August. So if we were to get something on the 19th, that’d mean it will be announced tomorrow as Nifty Knitting was announced 14 days before it was released🤷‍♀️

I know this is a long shot, but... Sim Guru George is the main culprit for the hints. He posted pictures of his daughters nursery this morning with photos of her sims t-shirts. I scrolled back a bit and haven’t seen him post anything personal in a while, he also posted it in a train of hints. Could this mean something?... Maybe the big hint before the reveal?

What do you think?

What I think is, he's a father who loves his daughter. I doubt that any Simguru will use their family members to drop any hints. It would be so unprofessional, especially involving their personal life.

Then again, I do think that the scroll that he posted is a hint. The words are; Hint, Mystery, Hidden. I reckon, if there's any more hints, it should also come from other SimGurus too.

For the next teaser, I doubt it will come too soon as they don't want to take away the NK sales for at least 2 weeks. But who knows, they might be dropping a teaser soon after the first round of SparkD votes or at least when they are going to announce the next theme for the SparkD challenge. I don't think that they want to overload us with too much info/"excitement". More than anything, I'm projecting that the next GP will be released in Oct.
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • ThornwoodThornwood Posts: 11 New Member
    @xamira99 they literally said we'd get this GP no later then Sep, based on their roadmap.
    Thornwood wrote: »
    @xamira99 they literally said we'd get this GP no later then Sep, based on their roadmap.

I know, but it can be up till Oct too. From marketing & sales perspectives, it would be too soon to take away the NF spotlight. It's not even a week after the released, we already have another speculation on the GP when someone shared the new GP icon. The NF is a community project & as everyone aware, it took us nearly a year to collect all the data before finalising it into a pack. Though I didn't vote for NF, it just makes it feels like the community project is "nothing" but just another pack that majority want then forget.
    crocobaura wrote: »

Do you think SimGuruGeorge was teasing about improved babies? Like babies that grow a bit and can be moved out of their bassinet, changed on a changing table and hopefully taken for a walk in a stroller?

On twitter? If that’s what you been then 100%. I even tweeted it. It’s so random of him to post about a baby in a train of hints

xamira99 wrote: »

I know, but it can be up till Oct too. From marketing & sales perspectives, it would be too soon to take away the NF spotlight. It's not even a week after the released, we already have another speculation on the GP when someone shared the new GP icon. The NF is a community project & as everyone aware, it took us nearly a year to collect all the data before finalising it into a pack. Though I didn't vote for NF, it just makes it feels like the community project is "nothing" but just another pack that majority want then forget.

They could announce it though? Orrrr my free update 😂I swear we’re getting a free update before

• SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member

On twitter? If that’s what you been then 100%. I even tweeted it. It’s so random of him to post about a baby in a train of hints

Or he’s really happy about his baby?
    Y’all taking every síngle tweet to mean something.
    If it were a hint, the gurus always reply to one another jokingly. I get people really want some more info, but this is a stretch.

Or he’s really happy about his baby?
    Y’all taking every síngle tweet to mean something.
    If it were a hint, the gurus always reply to one another jokingly. I get people really want some more info, but this is a stretch.

🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️I’m only asking. Actually made this joke to Sim Guru Ninja. He replied with a meme saying ‘me to George’ then a gif saying do you realize what you’be done. So yes the gurus are fading the lines but it’s still fun to speculate.

• Olivesplum06Olivesplum06 Posts: 1,076 Member

Past September would also be past 12 months that we got our last GP, they’ve never gone more than that long without releasing one.
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited August 2020

It's a SP, I wonder what people are expecting all the hype to be about :joy: it's a cute SP, it does what it's supposed to, but we all want GPs and EPs ;) they are not going to delay this GP after having announced in the roadmap: before the end of September there will be 1 EP, 1 SP, 1 GP. Why would they change that when releasing NK this close to the GP was always part of the plan anyway? ;)
    SimTrippy wrote: »

It's a SP, I wonder what people are expecting all the hype to be about :joy: it's a cute SP, it does what it's supposed to, but we all want GPs and EPs ;) they are not going to delay this GP after having announced in the roadmap: before the end of September there will be 1 EP, 1 SP, 1 GP. Why would they change that when releasing NK this close to the GP was always part of the plan anyway? ;)

Also we had known about Nifty Knitting for months so it wasn’t much of a surprise when it was announced

SimTrippy wrote: »

Also we had known about Nifty Knitting for months so it wasn’t much of a surprise when it was announced

Yeah, sure, it's a cute SP, but it's kinda a waste of resources to take away the hype too soon. I, more than anything, prefer any GP announcement than EP/SP. It just doesn't feel right if this is how we're actually responding to a SP that the majority of the community work together to "produce" this pack. Perhaps, they should consider not to do anymore community packs, but just give us all the surprises without any expectation. ;)
  • troshalomtroshalom Posts: 1,095 Member
    edited August 2020

@Lady_Ballora I created a movie theater venue, it is NaeNae's Movie Cafe lot type cafe, functions as a movie theater. And I created an arcade lot, lot type night club, functions like an arcade/ game room. I have clubs that meet at both lots. They are lots of fun in my game.

My sim got a call from someone in one of his clubs, they all met at the arcade, it was a blast. My sim is in fitness clubs, so it was a fun way for them to hang out. So unexpected too. Love that lot.

I want a new lot type too tho
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,887 Member
    edited August 2020
    logion wrote: »

They always have....like my gosh I don't think any previous installments hardly never went on sale...

I know NOW why they say they have so many players (well, might not be people who actively play but have bought it.) than any other installment...it GOES on sale ALL the time so.

I think its more because sims 4 isn't really doing physical copies anymore and so on origin it is easy for them to do short sales out of nowhere losing nothing

+ also the fact ts1 and 2 didn't really need a sale to be sold due to fact their standard price was much lower to start with

(in fact I'm almost sure ts2 was 20e for ep 10e for stuff which would make 50% off just about right except that ts2 eps had more content than ts4 ones do soo...)

ts3... was just whole robbery tbh they just sold everything for sweet price of your soul
    paying 5e for like 5 pixelly items yikes
    let's not discuss
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free