Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How Did YOU Discover The Sims Franchise?

12345679...Next

Comments

• Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,646 Member
    Through a a family member
    My nephew came to stay with us and brought TS1 on console. He did not get the console back until he went home. When I heard TS2 was coming out for PC I got the game and the rest, as they say, is history.
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
    Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita
  • adduapinaadduapina Posts: 556 Member
    My dad bought The Sims: Livin' It Up for me as a Christmas present when it was released. I didn't even have The Sims then, so off we went to buy it in the following day. I was 10 or 11 at the time. It was huge for me for many reasons, but most importantly the game was only playable in English which is not my native language and the first weeks and months I needed to have my vocabulary book next to me at all times while playing. Brings back memories :) It's actually thanks to TS that I'm certified as CEFR level C1 English speaker at this time.
    origin ID: adduapina
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Other
    Through an insert in a Sim City CD.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    Other
    I saw the first The Sims ad on television.

Before the game was launched, I used home design software to live out my building and interior decoration fantasies. It was a big hobby of mine, even when I was a kid. I had sketch pads full of floor plans and room decor designs. I thought that home design software was just the thing to scratch my itch. It worked, for a while. However, after designing and decorating every detail of a build, I always felt a bit let down. I remember wishing that the little cardboard cutout people that I could place in those homes could come to life and utilize what I'd created.

When I saw the first TS ad, I realized that my dream had come true. I jumped into the Sims series headfirst and I never looked back. Although I don't enjoy the building part as much as I used to, I still adore decorating. Moreso, I enjoy watching and directing the lives of little Sims people. I'll be a life simulation addict for life! :D
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • SleepstarSleepstar Posts: 814 Member
    My cousin introduced me to The Sims when our family was visiting my grandmother's house (shortly after she and my late grandfather moved into the converted bungalow) when she was playing The Sims 2 on my grandmother's computer. I was in my early teens then, and I created a family called The Molyneux Family (consists of an elder named Daphne, her son and daughter and her grandkids); while playing, I created a backstory for Daphne and why she was in Strangetown. A few months later, on my fourteenth birthday, I received The Sims 2 on the promise I was to play the game on weekends. So when I finally got The Sims 3, I decided that one family I was going to create is the Molyneux Family using bits and pieces of Daphne's story I created a long time ago.
    Currently aiming to get all harvestable produce in The Sims 3 (One EP left)Will complete a Legacy one dayhttps://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=katcalls2k907 (My Wishlist)
  • gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    Through a friend
    I was originally introduced to The Sims 1 through a friend back in late 2000. I was almost 10 years old and she built me a house and created two brand new Sims in CAS (loosely based on Ron Weasley and Hermione Granger -it was the phase of magic back then, I miss the memories) and she showed me how to make them have jobs, slowly build their relationship and so on. I was hooked right in and haven't looked back ever since.
  • ClousinatorsClousinators Posts: 586 Member
    Other
    I was out shopping with my grandmother when I saw the magic expansion for The Sims 1. I didn't realize it was an expansion, and I was really into magic at the time so I insisted on having it. brought it home super excited and when I tried installing was when I realized I needed the base game. I got it the next weekend and have pretty much played it since
  • LeucosiaXLeucosiaX Posts: 1,529 Member
    edited February 14
    Other
    It was Sims- the first version. I studying 3d modeling courses for architecture for the first time, in I think the year was early 2002. My boyfriends friend recommended it to him for me, and thought I might like it and wanted to know how much like Autocad and other 3d modeling apps were like. It was around the time of free everything on the internet, and my boyfriend downloaded it for me. I played it on for about 5 minutes, and said, you downloaded the wrong language - this is the German version. Funny but then I learned of Simmish from his friend informing us it's not German. I was not content with pirated software, so I ended up buying all of the collection and, yes, sharing the cds with his best friend neighbor, who turns me on to the game.

When Sims 2 came out, and they introduced aging and death and a new type of create a sim, I was not familiar with, I was a little scared, and then architecture studies and adult life and moving happened, and I stopped playing before the first expansion pack came out.

During the pandemic, years after forgetting about the game, I began watching streams of friends djing on twitch and at some point in a goth music stream someone just mentioned finishing playing Sims 4 and enjoying it so much. My head was blown as I had no clue the game has come this far. I then began watching Sims 4 streams and collecting all the games. I missed most of the Sims 2 and all of the Sims 3 (and Sims online), but Sims 4 is by far my favorite. Looks great and there is so much to do. Very impressed with how far the game has come.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    Other
    We owned a gaming console back then, I can't even remember what it was. I was in Woollies store (UK) with my two little uns, looking for a game to buy to amuse us all and one of the kids randomly picked up The Sims and asked why not try that. None of us had ever heard of it, I just read the blog on the back of the box and thought it sounded ok. Lol.

It wasn't long after that I converted to the PC version and managed to pick up the complete collection fairly cheaply - I didn't know at the time but TS2 had already come out and we moved onto that after about a year.
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    Other
    I answered a poll like this a while ago. I've played all versions of the series from TS1 to TS4. I played several versions in an overlapping way at times and I moved onto the next version at different times.

I was at someone's house and the family had me play the tutorial with them, then I wanted to get it as well. I remember hearing other people talking about the game a lot. After playing the tutorial with someone else, I learned the rest myself. I have had several friends and relatives who have also played it.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top