The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

a mod vs fan request spamming?

DanmanNefariusDanmanNefarius Posts: 947 Member
edited August 2020 in Gameplay Mods
I have had a ton of patience with this….but now i want to know… is there a mod which allows me to either disable obnoxious fan request spamming? or just a mod to get rid of fans alltogether? (already got one to rid myself of the filth that is paparazzi....hate them irl and in game)

i know it is part of the celebrity gig but being bothered for fan request stuff by either friends or the same person 4 times in a row?? yeah...that's getting a little annoying and it just never ever stops unless i confine my sims to a hermit's existance since fans show up EVERYWHERE instantly and never stop bothering my sims. and once they spawned as a fan once sims seem to get some sort of hidden fan trait? causing them to behave like this even if they aren't tagged as a fan NPC....and fans are pretty much useless sims since all they do is harrass celebs for stuff or repeat the same old enthousiast/wisper about celeb interactions all day long.

i do remember someone mention lot traits which disallow the spawning of fans and paps?? in case there is no mod to disable fan request spamming?? please help... i know it takes away some immersion but this kind of overkill gets really annoying since they also keep bothering my sims at university causing my sims to miss class >.<

edit: i am aware of the celebrity disguise option and well...i almost Always am forced to use this...but it hardly ever fits with my sims outfits >.< if only we could create our own celeb disguises… and it doesn't stop fan sims from showing up and still be worthless wastes of space since 1. celebrities show up everywhere as well and 2. if even one fan shows up all sims will behave like this making lots like nightclubs utterly boring since everyone will just be doing the fan interactions all night long leaving a extremely boring dancefloor.

and is there a way to remove the hidden fan trait? i know it is there because even if said sims with this becomes celebs themselves they will STILL behave like braindead fans if another celebrity shows up.

Comments

• ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    What is a fan request?
  • DanmanNefariusDanmanNefarius Posts: 947 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    What is a fan request?

just go to any lot aside from your home lot with a celebrity (3-5 stars) and you'll know soon enough…. your sim will be flooded with them
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,716 Member
    edited August 2020
    Maybe MC Tuner with MC Command Center could remove it? Try scan for autonomy with the autonomy scanner when a fan is requesting something from your celebrity and see if that action pops up. Click on it to disable it.

Here is a tutorial if you are not familiar on how it works: https://deaderpool-mccc.com/#/doc/mc_tuner

I used it to remove the animation when the fans are getting excited, when they whisper to each other and laugh. And also when they are fainting by adding these two:

192581,celebrity_Fan_Faint
    192582,celebrity_Fan_Excitement

There is probably one for requests as well.
    edited August 2020
    Here are a few others I found:

201522,celebrity_Socials_Fan_Ask_Cont_AskforAutograph
    201523,celebrity_Socials_Fan_Ask_Cont_AskforHug
    201524,celebrity_Socials_Fan_Ask_Cont_AskforSelfie

You can add those to the mc_tuner.cfg file and the fans should leave you more alone.
    looks like there are multiple actions involved with that, so for AskforAutograph for example there is:

192560,celebrity_Socials_Fan_AskforAutograph and also 201522,celebrity_Socials_Fan_Ask_Cont_AskforAutograph
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,465 Member
    edited October 2020
    Hey, it could be worse. My YA Global Superstar, Rock Star, is at Uni, currently. His fans and the Paparazzi are always invading his privacy, following him into this dorm room to watch him sleep. Sometimes, they ask for an exclusive interview. All he wants is some sleep. LOL
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • DanmanNefariusDanmanNefarius Posts: 947 Member
    edited October 2020
    Hey, it could be worse. My YA Global Superstar, Rock Star, is at Uni, currently. His fans and the Paparazzi are always invading his privacy, following him into this dorm room to watch him sleep. Sometimes, they ask for an exclusive interview. All he wants is some sleep. LOL

uhmmm sounds pretty average to me. my celebs can't go anywhere anymore without getting flooded by the fans who each spam requests... i get it that some people also act this obsessed irl but if EVERYONE on the lot automaticly does nothing but celebrity based stuff the second even one of them shows up it does make going to a nightclub pretty much pointless. if i wanted to dance alone on the dancefloor i could just get a stereo and stay home ^_^ and yeah celebrity disguise is pretty much the standard look of my celeb sims these days. sure the fan mechanic is realistic...but just very poorly executed: not every non-celeb is automaticly a rabid fan...gimme doesn't care about celebrities trait please to have some realism and diversity?? because even one fan npc around affects every single sim on the lot, even those who aren't flagged as fans and seeing sims do nothing but talk about celebs or celebrity gawking all day gets boring really fast, especially since celebs appearing on lots is prtetty common (there's always one around wherever i go thus always fan nonsense 24/7)