Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• LashinLashin Posts: 74 Member
    I've been busy with my build... and I gave into my urge to decorate, adding atmosphere.

The bachelor's all-in-one room has a box of instant noodles and a stack of books on the dressing table. A rack - because Sims 3 doesn't have the option for the "chair" - is for clothes too dirty for the drawers, but too clean for the laundry hamper.

hDuCG6D.jpg

Being the Computer Whiz that he is, he's busy refurbishing a tower PC. But he also likes plants - especially papyri - and so there's a few pots here and there in his room to add atmosphere.

DQgaSVV.jpg

A closer look at the noodles, books, and one of the two papyri flanking the TV.

Sq3ZRib.jpg

I decided to kit out the catering area, despite the kitchen next door. Was this overkill? :D I mean, if anything, there's more than one spot to prepare food, especially if there's a bunch of guests, and there'll be a bunch of Sims to pick out for tormenting purposes later on...

mgvQZVT.jpg

Bye-bye table tennis table and bubble bar! This needs to become a proper entertainment area, with a telly and couches. I've also added some decor to the bathrooms, with paper towels, potty protector dispensing units, and of course... TP!

c5RQ1KN.jpg

Master bedroom is complete! Rather feminine, you ask? A lesbian couple :) Wondering if - given my old games have been focused on straight pairings due to wanting children, but I now have ITF and can engineer a baby at the expense of descendants (don't need none because they change at the slightest provocation) - I should be different? Let's go!

The speedy pole descends to the next level, and since both will be learning the Athletic skill, scaling it shouldn't be an issue once sufficiently advanced. Two tables - one proper dressing table, the other one converted from a workspace to a dressing table - alongside a diatrode crackler and a TV, plus a nice couch and nice decor. Dividing screen for privacy is a must!

9UG5zry.jpg

Kitting out the alchemical laboratory... it's still a mess, but it's getting there!

oZAqZwB.jpg

As for my Sims?

The siblings, Avar (werewolf) and Seb (witch).

O3zcwKm.jpg

LXWfRny.jpg

And Avar's lifelong friend, Kit (fairy).

WLdRiTn.jpg
  • Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,200 Member
    Still no wifi its a big problem they got the fiber company.
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,908 Member
    @Silverofdreams30 I'm sorry about your WiFi problems. I hope it is fixed soon.

In the meantime, I'm loading the latest episode of the Perfect Genetics Challenge.

It'll probably be a few hours before it's ready to view. I'll set it up to view if it's ready before midnight here. That's about 4 hours away. If not, I'll do it tomorrow. It's Thursday evening at my place now.

I think it'll be a fun video to watch as I've done lots of things to it that I've not done before. Special effects in places plus I've actually added a music track to one part of it. There's lots happening in it.
  • BlackSandBlackSand Posts: 2,074 Member
    edited August 2020
    @Karritz ...
    Thanks for the links to the videos.

I have built several Dive Lots ... In worlds like Hidden Springs, Dragon Valley and Sunset Valley.
    Bridgeport is a little less appealing for Dive Spots because of the water quality ... But has a few locations that work okay.
    I'll be building one in Monte Vista once I get some other properties up to code and open for business.

I haven't tried Sunlit Tides yet because I don't have it, but some builders say it's not really deep ... I don't know though.
    Edit: Looks like you did fine in Sunlit Tides ... <3

It nice you know how to make videos though.
    That's one of those projects I have put on the back burner, because it distracts me from my game.

Happy Simming!

Post edited by BlackSand on
    I eat pickles on my hamburgers ... MWWAHAHAHAHA
    @BlackSand I was encouraged to do YouTube videos to advertise my art work. My initial reaction to that idea was 'that's not happening'. Then I thought about it for a few years and finally decided making Sims 3 videos would be a non threatening way to have a go. So that's what I did. Problem is I'm hooked on making Sims 3 videos and the art work is still waiting for me to get started on those videos. I just got free basics and gradually worked it out from there. I'm still working it out. Have lots to learn but having fun doing it.
    @BlackSand Out of curiosity re: dive lots - do you have Supernatural? If so, I am interested in seeing how Dive Lots would look in Moonlight Falls; there seems to be a huge swathe of water running through the middle of the 'hood... but I have no idea how it would turn out, because the biggest swathes are beneath the bridges.
    Wifi is finally back on phew,
    I wonder what I did before there was internet lol.

@Karritz

Thank you,
    its finally back on now.

@MoonandStars83

Thanks,
    back on again now.

@Nikkei_Simmer

You are really great at that artbreeder site.

@Lashin ... I have Supernatural and will check Moonlight Falls.

As long as it is saltwater there, and deep enough, a lot should be possible.
    I don't think a bridge and the lot can share the same space though.
    And ... @Karritz would have to let you know about how to transfer a Dive Lot from the Exchange to your game properly.

As for Underground Parties
    Mix up a few drinks to get things rolling when guests start to arrive.
    (Yeah ... Camilla Got Skillz)

50195324601_b344351a8c_k.jpg

Do A Little Mood Setting
    Turn down the lights, turn up the music
    Pass out some drinks and get the party started.

50195585472_d793d63f10_k.jpg

*** Disclaimer ***
    If you are using Tube Elevators
    They May help your Sims gain Future Tech Skills
    But ... Make sure your Homeowner's Insurance is up to date ... :D

50194776523_a3331b7897_k.jpg

• Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,403 Member
    @BlackSand - ...as well as your Medical insurance... from the looks of that mishap with the tube elevators.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Shadow_AssassinShadow_Assassin Posts: 1,669 Member
    edited August 2020
    I'm a bit miss him
    For better visual effects of a mod what can't say in there, I temporarily turn him into human
    aRwObR.jpg
    aRwvUx.jpg
    aRwjV1.jpg
    Entrance to the abyss
    sims.fandom.com/wiki/User:ShadeAssassin
    It's a scratch-off ticket
    There's a "_" in my usename. My usename is Shadow_Assassin, not ShadowAssassin or others

Sometimes it's not me who talks to you, it's machine translation

She/Her but you can call me as any pronouns
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,255 Member
    edited August 2020
    Great updates everyone... :)

Waves at @MamaSimTee, @emorrill and @Puddinroy ... :)

@king_of_simcity7, Happy belated birthday. So sorry that I'm late at wishing you a Happy Birthday, I've just been a bit busy... :)

@Brandontaylor,
    @lisasc360 Wow, that 'alien' needs to be stopped, lol.
    How dare he take Lisa's DNA?
    Ha ha, serves the alien right!
    Well, seems the alien finally got what he needed.
    Seems the alien is getting some kind of entertainment making Lisa do what he wants.
    Hey alien, that's cheating! You can't use hypnosis to make her love you.
    Hmm, kind of weird Dawn's thinking of Craven. Wonder what made her think of him? :lol:
    Awesome story! I think this may have been when I was gone or before I joined as I don't remember it but it's funny.
    Yes he does. He's a very bad and sneaky alien and not a very good one at that since he looks like a phony...lol
    Yeah really! If he want's a baby, then he should go about it the proper way and court a young lady instead of abducting her and scanning for her dna... :rage:
    hehehe, well you do know what they say about karma, right?
    Yup since he can't have the girl as she belongs to someone else.
    He should be ashamed of himself for taking pleasure in that entertainment that he's making Lisa do... :angry:
    Yeah really. He should also be ashamed for doing that but then again, @CravenLestat doesn't care just as long as he gets what he wants... :angry:
    Maybe because Lisa came to visit her "daddy". I just want to know what Craven is going to tell her when she gets older and realizes that she looks nothing like him but looks like his best friend Lisa!... :#
    I did this back in February 2018. It's in my Riverview story that I have the link for in my signature. It's on page 6 of that thread.
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/917144/ts3-lisa-dawnlight-adventures-in-riverview/p1

I have some pictures missing on the last page of my thread which are my most recent ones from my gameplay from June. I think that I might had deleted them by mistake on imgur when I was trying to put them in their proper locations. I make albums for the different stories in the image tab on my page so that they can be there when I need to look for them instead of on the main page with houses all of my pictures from the different game saves.

@CravenLestat,
    @lisasc360 Wait is that lil girl trying to insinuate I am the baby daddy I seen that thought bubble :| and why is my sim always rocking his Denny's dishwasher outfit in your games :#

Revenge will be mine
    hehehe, you know darn well that she is your little girl. It's just that you didn't get her the traditional way as your ss had abducted my sim since he has a major crush on her and stole her dna to create the little girl... :p
    Because every time I come over to see him, he always have to leave to go to work but me thinks that he's just using that as an excuse so that my SS can't start questioning him about Dawn's mother... :p

Yeah yeah yeah! You won't get revenge on me. I dare you to try but you just can't do it... :p

@GraceyManor, so glad that you finally got a negative on your covid testing... :)

@BlackSand, I'm so sorry for your loss... :cry:

On a side note, I'm still playing the hubby's WoW game as I almost have him where he needs to be.

We also had celebrated our 28th wedding anniversary on August 1st... <3<3
    edited August 2020
    I have decided to play a generational save but no rules

NRYC44l.jpg

This is my founder Dani, she lives in Los Aniegos.

I won't be using cheats either, so what little money that is left after I finished with her home
    is the money she has.
    @Silverofdreams30 ... Dani is a very cute Sim ... <3
    Good luck with your House and Generational save.

• Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,403 Member
    edited August 2020
    I really need an "intervention" with this ArtBreeder thing. Need to go play Sims or something.

I created a sim a little while back and I wanted to see what she would look like if she was real. Jaw-drops and shatters.
    Artbreeder-Sim-to-Realistic.png
    Left - Sim; Right - what she'd look like if she was a living breathing human being. OMG.

No, I didn't use a real human being as a template on this one. I came up with this in my head. :mrgreen: :sheepish:

THEN

going in the complete opposite direction.

ANIME...River. :mrgreen:

91ee4c743548e416e72f.jpeg
    Post edited by Nikkei_Simmer on
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • BrandontaylorBrandontaylor Posts: 4,764 Member
    Page 3969, continued.

@GraceyManor Okay, then she isn't too much younger than Michael then. Just was wondering.

@BlackSand You're welcome.
    Pretty much, lol. It also taught her how to be a rebel.

Page 3970

@lashin The house is looking great.
    Love the looks of Avar, Seb, and Kit!

@Silverofdreams30 Glad to hear your wifi is back up and running.
    Sounds like a fun idea. I'm doing something like that with the Langeraks, it's nice to see the generations without having any rules to follow for what they can and can't do.
    Dani looks great!
    I wanted to have my founder do what you are doing with the money/no cheats thing. Unfortunately, she turned an apple into Tiberium her first day since she was a witch. Had never seen or heard of that happening but it must be possible.

@BlackSand She sure does, not just anyone can toss bottles without breaking them.
    Yeah, might be a good idea. Those tubes sure can cause a person to trip.

@Shadow_Assassin Great update!

@lisasc360 Yes, he does look like a phony. :lol:
    Yeah, instead of kidnapping them and taking their DNA.
    He should. Lisa needs to pay him a visit.
    That ought to be interesting. Wonder what his 'daughter' will do if and when she finds out.
    Okay, that would have been a few months before I joined the forums then. I didn't start posting at all until November 2018.
    Happy belated anniversary to you and your husband!

@Nikkei_Simmer She looks great. Now go play the Sims! :lol: There's your intervention, did it work?
    Cool, love how River looks as anime!

***Didn't have much feedback to do and I didn't play last night so this went pretty fast. Anyway, off to join Cori, Quinton, and Ariana back at University. Will post that update tomorrow night, or possibly tonight if I'm not too tired when I shut the game down.
    I finally got the video set up for you all to watch should you like to. This video is a bit different from my previous videos as I've been a bit adventurous and gone into the YouTube archive for music I am allowed to use in videos and added a bit to one spot that I felt needed it. Also I've played around a bit with some special effects. Not sure how successful I've been but I watched it all the way through a couple of times and loved it. I hope you enjoy it too.

It is the Perfect Genetics Challenge Generation 1 Episode 39

https://youtu.be/JPycXi2bqiY

There is a lot happening and it happens fast as I always try to get the video done in 30 minutes or less. This one runs for 31 minutes but the end of it is a bit special so I hope you watch all the way through.

We have roller coasters, romance, graduation ceremony, alien abductions, alien baby birth, romance. Romance dominates the video as it pops up more than once. The first baby of Generation 2 is unexpectedly born during this episode. That has nothing to do with the romance though. But there is romance and gardening and fishing and going to school and playing for tips and snow and a tragic clown snowman. Lots is happening.

I hope you get a chance to watch and enjoy.

Happy Simming
  • MoonandStars83MoonandStars83 Posts: 1,735 Member
    @Brandontaylor I hope she maxes her Rebel Influence.

@Karritz I would go nuts with that household. I can barely handle and 8-Sim household.

@GraceyManor I like Francine's dress.

@BlackSand Honestly? I can't stand building lots. It's a miracle when I get a wild hair to build.
    ****Great pics!

@Lashin Looks like your build is coming along nicely.

@Silverofdreams30 Sorry about your Wi-Fi. Yay! You're back!
    ****Cute Sim. Good luck with your new save.

@Shadow_Assassin Great pics!

@lisasc360 Happy (belated) Anniversary!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

I put my Bright save into rotation and moved on to my Rivers save. Originally, I got Echo married to a de-aged Sean Kelly, but the game crashed when I tried to move them out, and when I went back in, I couldn't get back to the same point, so I'm going to have to go back into the game tomorrow. I have a pic of the wedding, however. Hopefully I can get them married again tomorrow.

O1JOJB0.jpg
    I voted for you, Kevin.
    640?cb=20100910030718
    My Sims 3 Exhange Studio
    My Blog // Click me if you dare.
  • BrandontaylorBrandontaylor Posts: 4,764 Member
    Finally got the Langerak save out of University. They still have to go back but at least I get one day back in Sunset Valley. I’ll share tomorrow, too tired tonight.
    edited August 2020
    I took a big chance and allowed Mary to use her potion to make her imaginary friend, Bobo, real.

The result is Barbara Sa'Sithuvod - I chose a name beginning with B as her original name began with B

I took Barbara into CAS and gave her a major makeover. I had little Bart in mind and she got the same skin. It's a version of Starfruit with a freckled skin. I had previously tried ESkin Natural on her and her slider position gave her a sort of yellowish skin which I didn't like much so I moved the slider to the left. Then I decided I still didn't like the skin on her and changed it to Starfruit and moved the slider farther to the left. So she started out with a face and skin colour very much like Trish

Trish-In-Outerwear-As-YA.jpg

and ended up looking like this.

Barbara-Sa-Sithuvod001.jpg

I've previously read someone posting (years ago) that the reason they don't like Imaginary Friends is they are all evil. I've had a couple of evil Imaginary Friends but mostly they are not. However, Barbara is Evil.

I had Bart in mind when I was adjusting her face and giving her the skin she ended up with.

Bart-4.jpg

Now I have to hope the game holds up. That makes it 24 sims including a cat and a dog. I know from previous experience the game might handle this many sims, or it might just decide to refuse to function. All I can do it hope for the best and avoid adding any new sims until some have moved out. I hope I've put an end to the alien abductions and thereby the alien pregnancies. The aliens are still around but they are jumping out of their space cars and running around on the lot instead.

• CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    A sim I made tonight ran off on me already

:'(

With Robert Pattinson

:#

iUHu7cc.jpg

I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
    @BlackSand Thank you so much <3 I can't wait to bring a piece of Island Paradise into Moonlight Falls!

And... ouch! Tube elevators make for speedy, space-saving transit... but still.

@MoonandStars83 Thank you! My build is actually almost complete, all I need to do is create are: artist's studio, nectary, futuristic/science lab, sculpting/inventing studio - WIP: with fire alarms, and a water sprinkler or two standing ready to serve in case of fires caused by working with scrap - and the remnants of the lovers' grotto beneath the master bedroom, accessible only by the speedy pole, because...

I've been building again!

Before we begin, bonus pic of Avar's wolf form!

5xleHU9.jpg

The master bathroom is actually coming along nicely, with a caddy and some decor; I should probably place the caddy on the other end, though, to make it more accessible...

oqhrkX6.jpg

XOB8aeR.jpg

The exterior is looking nice and colour-coordinated...

7FgyKKU.jpg

...were it not for all the stuff littering the ground! Need to sort that out eventually, but the thing with Moonlight Falls, the daylight seems to be really downcast sometimes, so I have to open the save game when there's actual daylight.

The fields have scarecrows and sprinkler systems to keep plants hydrated, and scare off anyone looking at the scarecrows for too long.

t99pUlh.jpg

The entertaining area has a TV, table, and couches... but there's a blank space! What do I add? Hmmm...

mffnFhZ.jpg

Martial arts dojo complete!

omy1XFv.jpg

Bonus pic of the door I picked out, and the guardians too.

9Yk0PBi.jpg

The dining room has been decked out with high chairs, knives, wheatgrass, and pot racks.

6E6aG4H.jpg

The alchemical laboratory has some doors, too; I make sure I match everything on both sides.

jIBufbP.jpg
    @BlackSand

Thank you

@MoonandStars83

Thank you

@Brandontaylor

Thank you, I know there are rules usually but I like to
    play m own way hehe.
    Cognrats getting them out of unviersity.

• Shadow_AssassinShadow_Assassin Posts: 1,669 Member
    edited August 2020
    I have a bold idea again
    a4irCT.jpg
    a4iB5V.jpg
    a4iy2F.jpg
    a4is8U.jpg
    a4i0U0.jpg
    a4i6v4.jpg
    a4igKJ.jpg
    a4iRbR.jpg
    a4i2r9.jpg
    a4ifV1.jpg
    a4ihUx.jpg
    a4iIPK.jpg
    a4i456.jpg
    a4i7xe.jpg
    a4ibKH.jpg
    a4iqrd.jpg

OMG
    Post edited by Shadow_Assassin on
    Entrance to the abyss
    sims.fandom.com/wiki/User:ShadeAssassin
    It's a scratch-off ticket
    There's a "_" in my usename. My usename is Shadow_Assassin, not ShadowAssassin or others

Sometimes it's not me who talks to you, it's machine translation

She/Her but you can call me as any pronouns
    So, I disappeared for several hours in the dead of night to play my new game! The lot is incomplete, but that's OK, I can complete it later.

Kit is actually Catherine, but figured that her last incarnation was scandalous enough that I'd keep her name on the DL for a whee bit! :D

Though things got off to a bit of a rocky start with Catherine's fairy prank being very unappreciated by Avar... they hit off great, and each shared their first kiss before long... they are still romantic interests as we speak. Catherine has joined the Fortune Teller career - as per her LTW to become a Celebrity Psychic - and so there isn't much time with Avar lately... but that doesn't stop her from doing so anyway, as much as her schedule permits. As a fairy, she's learned Gardening, and has also picked up Charisma in preparation for her career advancement. She hasn't got many friends besides her coworkers in the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 Wagon... but that will have to change fast, so I'm considering having her pick up Guitar to play for tips and earn some side cash. That, and to serenade Avar.

Their first date had a dip kiss in the park...

uoVwZJQ.jpg

...and a WooHoo in the public showers!

LReY9z6.jpg

Then as night fell, they watched the stars.

UWWgQIo.jpg

Why not a romantic self-portrait, too?

Qhy24WY.jpg

Second date? Avar received beautiful white flowers...

TcIDPvZ.jpg

Third date? An evening out at the bistro, then watching a chick flick at the theatre, and being alone in the park in formalwear.

yq8Zc5d.jpg

But it's time to get to work power-levelling Gardening before everything freezes over! Channelling her inner Rhubarb Lady, Catherine goes into everyone's yards and picks their fresh produce. It's alley property!

tlaHkVQ.jpg

Avar, on the other hand... her LTW is that of Bottomless Nectar Cellar, and she's travelled to Champs Les Sims to buy nectar makers, grapes, herbs, a Nectar Making book, and to learn the first three levels of the skill so her nectar isn't as awful to begin with. She's also been spending quality time with her brother, Seb; between his nose firmly stuck in the science research station, and power-levelling his Nerd influence... I forgot to take pictures of that, sorry :(

Seb spliced three Forbidden Fruit seeds, and gave one to Catherine to plant. I saved right before he picked it... but he got the son that I was hoping for!

Everyone, meet Porewit!

z0vO8Aw.jpg

Isn't he cute? And even though Seb is his dad, he's not above stealing candy from a baby...

XngHitd.jpg

And just because Avar is his sister, doesn't mean he excepts her from gross videos from his smartphone...

tuWI89Q.jpg

Is it me or does even your Romantic Interest get freaked out - sans Neurotic and Coward traits - when you transform into a Werewolf, to the point of wetting yourself...

iakCN5Q.jpg

...and fainting?

NSJP43Q.jpg

Also RIP dining chair (2020-2020)

hRG9foq.jpg

For some reason, Catherine did not immediately get dressed after shower WooHoo... and this was in the park, too. Awkward! And probably a minor glitch...

xsCcjGm.jpg

In other news, Catherine and Avar travelled to the future to try and engineer a baby... to no avail, because they might have to bring Seb over with them, and befriend the locals, too... to have a larger pool of people to choose from when it's engineering time!
    @Evalen ... :)
    The Monte Vista Cottage has tested out fine and been uploaded to the Exchange ...
    https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9407969

Take Note:
    There is only one double bed in the cottage.
    There are no toilets, just all-in-one showers (upgraded to self-cleaning).
    The garden out back has 'perfect' life fruit plants only.

All sinks have been upgraded to self-cleaning.
    The stove has been upgraded to improve meal quality.
    The hot tub is unbreakable and the nectar maker is improve taste.
    The stereo downstairs in upgraded to wired to the house
    (you can dance anywhere in the house, or outdoors on the side patio, and get the music buff).

You asked me to let you know ... Now you know.

There is a tube elevator, and they sometimes get picky when transferring a build.
    If it does not operate properly, take note of where it is, and orientation, then delete it.
    Save game, and exit to the Main Menu ... Re-enter game and put a new one back to where the other was (you place it on the basement level).
    If you want to get the colors on it the same, just drag the colors from one of the windows (don't even need to change the wood).

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top