Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Unpopular Opinions (Off Topic Version)

I've seen those threads in the Sims 3 and Sims 4 about the opinions regarding both games. Seeing that there's not an off-topic unpopular opinion thread, this is the thread for people who want to post their unpopular opinions about something that's generally popular.

How it works: You post an unpopular opinion. And if you see a comment you agree with, you can give the comment a like or an awesome. If they say something you disagree with, just respect their opinions.

I'll start here: I don't like Spongebob Squarepants.
I'm so done with this site!

Comments

• KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    I used to like it, but it is just getting boring and old...

Mine : I am actually very excited for the new sonic movie, simply because I cannot wait to see Jim Carrey's portrayal as Robotnik.
  • MMXMMX Posts: 4,427 Member
    I'm not very concerned about the Sonic movie.

I don't find Pugs cute, or at least not to the extent the internet makes them out to be.
  • VamprisVampris Posts: 1,127 Member
    Usually I find ugly things cute in a way, but I don't feel the same about pugs. Tho their skulls are certainly interesting

Jeans are the worst type of pants
    EMrBkJP.png
  • Princesskadybug08Princesskadybug08 Posts: 6 New Member
    I agree jeans are horrible I refuse to wear them.

Soda sucks.
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    I agree jeans are horrible I refuse to wear them.

Soda sucks.

I agree with both these haha!

And add mine. Bacon tastes terrible!
  • NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    School exists primarily to justify its own existence, and does more to thwart education, insight, meaningful social interplay, higher thinking, and character development than it does to encourage or support any of those things.
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • WhatCobblersWhatCobblers Posts: 2,756 Member
    @Nushnushganay that certainly seems to be the case. In my country they've even tried to cut out creative subjects from the school curriculum (as someone who thrived on art and music lessons, I find this horrifying).
    There is too much focus on scores and exams (because exams really prepare you for the job world) and I get the strong impression that it's all done mainly to make schools and authorities look good on paper.
    I personally believe I gained more transferrable life skills from doing creative subjects and coursework than I ever did from all the core subject exams. I hear they even put younger Primary school ages through rigourous testing now. For goodness sake let them enjoy some of their childhood!
    I remember going for a job interview for a teaching assistant position and was shocked to discover that they don't even encourage hand writing any more (Markers?! Marker pens on whiteboards?! These are ten year olds with fully capable hand co-ordination!) Suffice to say I have completely gone off the idea of working in a school.
    Anyway, I'll get off my high horse now.

My unpopular opinion is I believe writing and drawing the traditional way (i.e. with real paper and real drawing/ writing utensils) are still important skills and still have a place in the world. I do like digital stuff as well (everything I create for work is always finalised on a computer) but I just don't want to see the traditional skills die out.
  • AlpineCuriosityAlpineCuriosity Posts: 2,521 Member
    edited June 2020
    I don’t watch any tv-shows/series - ever... (Because I have so many other more interesting things to do with my time ^^’ )
  • NiaraTiaraNiaraTiara Posts: 120 Member
    I'm not a big tv show person either (though there are a select few shows that I keep on rotation)

I HATE cheerios. Absolutely disgusting. Cardboard cereal.
    Let there be Fairies! o:)
    "love hath reason, reason none, if what parts can so remain."

I absolutely LOVE "The Phoenix and the Turtle" by W. Shakespeare.
    And it cuts so deeply.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • DuvelinaDuvelina Posts: 2,619 Member
    I don't like superhero movies. I don't like the subject or that they somehow always last two full hours. Give me an 1.5 drama/comedy, please.
    edited June 2020
    I don't dislike superhero movies per se, but I prefer action movies that are more grounded towards real world themes, such as crime, vigilantism or counter-terrorism.

Many opinions are considered 'unpopular' or 'controversial' because political correctness has gotten to the point where it seemingly romanticizes censorship and ironically enough, bigotry.
  • firemixtapefiremixtape Posts: 574 Member
    Okay, no one attack me for this, but I don't like pizza... like... at all...
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,869 Member
    I hate mushrooms
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • SnoiperSnoiper Posts: 36 Member
    I hate mushrooms too. It's the texture I think?

I love the snow. I believe it's awesome!
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,869 Member
    It bugs me why pineapple is pineapple in English. It is at many languages, called as variations of "ananas". I mean it is not an apple and most certainly it does not grow at pine trees!
    (half kidding, but it really does bug me sometimes) :D
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
    It bugs me why pineapple is pineapple in English. It is at many languages, called as variations of "ananas". I mean it is not an apple and most certainly it does not grow at pine trees!
    (half kidding, but it really does bug me sometimes) :D

perhaps due to the pinecone-like Fibonacci spiral design on the outside, and the generic use of "apple" for a fruit of almost any kind, in English. Just like maize got dubbed 'Indian Corn' by Euros who came here, observed it was the local grain, and called any kernel of grain, 'corns' back home, hence 'barleycorn', 'wheatcorn' and so on. It won't mean it's a sensible name, but at least it might make it seem less arbitrary and more endurable. :)

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • CoffeecrumblecakeCoffeecrumblecake Posts: 6,549 Member
    I’m American, but I find the spelling “grey” more pleasing than “gray” for some reason. May be because I grew up drinking British Earl Grey tea bags? Idk 😆
    I’m American, but I find the spelling “grey” more pleasing than “gray” for some reason. May be because I grew up drinking British Earl Grey tea bags? Idk 😆

Me too, and I have no explanation. Earl Grey tea is pretty good though!

xicwqMCm.jpg

Me too, and I have no explanation. Earl Grey tea is pretty good though!

It is! I like it with cream and sugar and butter cookies like British people too lol. But when I drink it straight black, I think of Star Trek’s Captain Picard going “Earl Grey, hot” at the food replicators 🤓
    I like chocolate and coffee dark, and bitter.

xicwqMCm.jpg
    I like bitter chocolate way more than the milk kind, and I love coffee so much (I know, shocker) that I don't mind how it's made, so same!

I find the sun to be quite annoying lately 😅
  • WhatCobblersWhatCobblers Posts: 2,756 Member
    I'm British and I don't like tea 😆. I'll drink peppermint or lemon and ginger tea but have never really gone for the traditional milk and sugar style teas.
    @Coffeecrumblecake I am with you 100% on the bitter chocolate though!
    I'm not a very big fan of CC that basically makes Sims look more like uncanny valley Barbie dolls than people. A lot of times it clashes with the games' art styles, especially The Sims 2.
    edited August 2020
    I like bitter chocolate way more than the milk kind, and I love coffee so much (I know, shocker) that I don't mind how it's made, so same!

I find the sun to be quite annoying lately 😅

with you 100% on all 3 points.

And so many of my opinions are unpopular, I don't even know where to start this morning. uh.... individual people are pretty cool most of the time, but get them into groups and let group dynamics take over, and they turn into a mindless devouring organism with legs approaching infinity as intelligence approaches zero, as mass increases?

xicwqMCm.jpg