Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Next Game Pack icon leaked on Official Sims website.

Comments

• Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,719 Member
    edited August 2020
    elelunicy wrote: »
    logion wrote: »
    Maybe EA has not given out information about this pack to the gamechangers yet.

Why would EA give info to game changers before a pack is announced?

Game changers are only given info that can help them create content. They cannot create content for packs yet to be announced so there’s no reason to give them info that early.

I assumed they give the gamechangers early access so they get some time to record their videos. When they do get early access they often get to sign an NDA with a date where they can release their videos.
  • Options
    elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    I assumed they give the gamechangers early access so they get some time to record their videos. When they do get early access they often get to sign an NDA with a date where they can release their videos.

Game changers are only given early access to a pack after the pre-pack patch is dropped (so only a few days early). Packs simply do not work without their corresponding patch.

Alternatively they can give them a dev build of the base game to play a pack early. This is very rarely done. Eco Lifestyle is the only pack they did this and it’s only because they could not host a Sims camp in person this year. Even this unusual super early access was still well after the pack was announced. No early access is ever given before a pack is announced.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member

Game changers are only given info that can help them create content. They cannot create content for packs yet to be announced so there’s no reason to give them info that early.

As I understand it, from what I've seen on the various gamechanger videos, for stuff packs and I think game packs they get access at the Pre-Pack Patch. For Expansion Packs they usually fly them to the EA offices and let them have a sneak peak. With Eco Lifestyle they were given a special watermarked version of the game with just base game and Eco Lifestyle, and that they did get before Eco Lifestyle was announced.

They'll sometimes get insider information about upcoming packs, but I don't think that's a regular thing. More a consequence of them being in the offices.
  • Options
    elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    With Eco Lifestyle they were given a special watermarked version of the game with just base game and Eco Lifestyle, and that they did get before Eco Lifestyle was announced.

They got the special early access around May 12. Eco Lifestyle was announced on May 6.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • Options
    EteyraEteyra Posts: 26 Member
    Agreed. I don't think they know more than us right now. And if they did, I don't think they would do speculations videos (see Englishsimmer), it would be too risky and Maxis wouldn't like that.
    Maybe there are some exceptions like Lilsimsie who, I feel like, knows way more on future contents than she lets on.
  • Options
    smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    Ivyeyed wrote: »
    Yeah, having looked at the comparisons, I’m thinking this is Star Wars.

ac112fa0bd0c68ca9d39a777fd4a6e15107a82d2.jpg

fd9a51ddc5ba23bb2195278a264588c0431b6360.jpg

822c6cd907a402c6efe114348f7baaa318f55099.png

It really does look like the way they advertise the Star Wars Land stuff.

Wow cool, it does look just like that! I do wish they'd done more with Aliens, and it's not like others haven't asked too. Sixam could be so much more, I'd totally check that out and actually hope for it more than farming myself
  • Options
    TS1299 wrote: »
    I am a bit torn about this.

One One Hand if this is about Aliens, Then it would be a DLC for DLC like MFPS. On the other hand if this is a space themed world, but instead of improving aliens we get another occult, then Aliens would be left mediocore in The Sims 4.

Still hoping it is not a Space Theme pack. Romance Pack or anything that would add depth to current gameplay such as parenthood is the pack that I am looking for.

See my earlier comment. They could introduce improved aliens in this pack (and improve them for the folks who own GTW) similar to what they did for vampires in Late Night/Supernatural back in Sims 3 era. They wouldn't make them base game so those who didn't buy GTW because of aliens wouldn't get stuck with them, but there could be some modifications that would apply to both the GTW owners and those who buy this new pack to get aliens without the hassle of active careers or retail stuff.

There's also precedent for introducing a new occult species similar to something we already have. We had the Simbots in Ambitions, then we got Plumbots in Into the Future which rendered the Simbots pretty much obsolete. We could get a new alien race that makes the current aliens look pretty shoddy. :/

@stilljustme2 I still didn't really love that they did this with vampires 'cause if you wanted everything vampires had to offer you suddenly had to buy 2 packs instead of just one. I don't know if I would really care if they did that again but I'm certain a lot of people would criticise it and that would be understandable

If I had to ( but shouldn't have to) I'd buy another pack if they made vampires act like vampires again. But tbh that should just be adjusted, the more I read the more I hope they do update aliens into something more, I never play them and it would be cool to try, if they did more. And I do still have hope that in the future ( no pun intended lol) vampires get fixed too
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    smurfy77 wrote: »

Wow cool, it does look just like that! I do wish they'd done more with Aliens, and it's not like others haven't asked too. Sixam could be so much more, I'd totally check that out and actually hope for it more than farming myself

I wouldn't want farming in a GP -- I'd like to see that in an EP, with a world that has plenty of larger lots (40x30s and 50x50s, maybe 50x40 would be okay). Maybe a few smaller lots for venues and such.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    This would definitely not be a pack I would be interested in. I like a normal RL simulation and futuristic worlds or objects isn't my cup of tea. But, if this is what others want and are happy with it then I'm not going to complain, I just won't buy it. I'm sure there's plenty of packs that I did want with "normal" things that those that prefer fantasy gameplay were not happy about. So, let them be happy too.
  • Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    edited August 2020

Yep, this. Game changers find out what the next packs are at the same time as we do. They get access to using the packs a few days before we do though, but not until everyone knows what it is. (Same with new features, like the terrain tools, stairs etc, they found out the same time as everyone else).

May game changers film their reactions to the trailer and pack themes actually and you can see they are watching the same live stream we are by the live streams chat, date, etc.
  • Options
    smurfy77 wrote: »

I wouldn't want farming in a GP -- I'd like to see that in an EP, with a world that has plenty of larger lots (40x30s and 50x50s, maybe 50x40 would be okay). Maybe a few smaller lots for venues and such.

Personally I don't want it in any pack, but I do hope for you and others that want it, that you do get one
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited August 2020
    With Eco Lifestyle they were given a special watermarked version of the game with just base game and Eco Lifestyle, and that they did get before Eco Lifestyle was announced.

They got the special early access around May 12. Eco Lifestyle was announced on May 6.
    That was only for the VIP game changers mainly just the Youtubers. Majority of game changers only get access 24-48 hours now. I had it clarified that the program has become more strict just recently with the Eco Lifestyle release. So why some of the game changers left because it wasn't fair to everyone. Seems like they had less than 24 hours to review a pack according to this source:
    https://wildlyminiaturesandwich.tumblr.com/post/623599590034358272/why-i-left-the-ea-game-changer-program
    "I also won’t have to deprive myself of sleep and run myself into the ground to review an entire pack in less than 24 hours like I had to do many times with early access."

Very glad I never wanted to be in the program especially after hearing those unhealthy work conditions. Technically they could report it to OSHA: "Federal OSHA does not generally cover volunteers, unless they are compensated in some way and would therefore be considered employees." Since they are compensated with video games.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    edited August 2020
    I think it would be better if they just did a space themed rather than a specific "Star Wars" pack. Star Wars is way too specific, and like another commenter mentioned, could potentially stifle creativity of the players. And personally, I have no interest in playing with Luke Skywalker and Princess Leia, even though I don't mind the films.

I also think Disney will be very strict with EA about the pack; Disney never wants anything to reflect poorly on them, because Disney doesn't want no crap :D All hail the Mouse!

I also really, really hope this isn't Strangerville 2.0. The plot and story of Strangerville was way too linear and repetitive, and I couldn't wait to get it over with. I did like the town and Military career though.

[Removed - CM]
    Post edited by EA_Joz on
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    edited August 2020
    Scobre wrote: »

That was only for the VIP game changers mainly just the Youtubers. Majority of game changers only get access 24-48 hours now. I had it clarified that the program has become more strict just recently with the Eco Lifestyle release. So why some of the game changers left because it wasn't fair to everyone. Seems like they had less than 24 hours to review a pack according to this source:
    https://wildlyminiaturesandwich.tumblr.com/post/623599590034358272/why-i-left-the-ea-game-changer-program
    "I also won’t have to deprive myself of sleep and run myself into the ground to review an entire pack in less than 24 hours like I had to do many times with early access."

Very glad I never wanted to be in the program especially after hearing those unhealthy work conditions. Technically they could report it to OSHA: "Federal OSHA does not generally cover volunteers, unless they are compensated in some way and would therefore be considered employees." Since they are compensated with video games.

The GameChanger program is 100% voluntary. No one is forced to stay.
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    edited August 2020
    Sixam have a city in the background, maybe this time the sims will be able to live there.

• Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Sixam have a city in the background, maybe this time the sims will be able to live there like Granite Falls and Glimmerbrook

Maybe but sixam is part of the back to work pack so that might be difficult for people who don't have the pack.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member

True. Just makes the program not appealing to those that want to join under those conditions that's all. It would mentally break anyone. I understand why they look so tired now with the lack of sleep. A former CM was explaining the new limitations with me and even they thought it was unhealthy.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    kemowerykemowery Posts: 371 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    Hmmm I keep seeing people say it could just be a theme park, but I don't really see how a theme park in the sims is interesting? Like I enjoy Planet Coaster and the likes because I get to manage parks, but I don't give a flying plum about the characters visiting the park. I don't see how I'd enjoy having to direct an entire sim family through a theme park just to eat some popcorn, get a lightsaber and have Dark Vader sign his autograph (which he basically already does at Geekcon). Wouldn't it be much more fun to live in a galaxy far away by entering a special portal that transports sims into an alternate universe full of lightsaber fights, crazy creatures, a market, new powers? No?

Just curious really, I know tastes differ but I want my space sims now :(

I think the pack is going to be a "theme park" destination, but not because I'm super-excited about theme parks.

This is a game pack, so it's not going to be a massive overhaul of the game. It'll have stuff, a new location, and probably one big (or big-ish) new gameplay element.

Making a full Star Wars expansion would require tons of new stuff--the force, droids, lightsabers, multiple new aliens, plus people talk about how they want to fly and live on spaceships and go to different planets. That's getting to the point of being a new, different game.

The theme park idea is how to square that circle. You don't need to fly a spaceship, because it's one location: Batuu, the location in Galaxy's Edge. There's no need for multiple new alien lifestates, because the weird aliens are actually just costumes. If you get a lightsaber or learn the Force or whatever, it's really only effective in whatever the park storyline is, because it's props and special effects. (That said, while adding in a bunch of aliens isn't likely for a lot of reasons, if they made a Jedi life state it could work mostly with powers we've already seen from spellcasters and vampires.)

Making it a theme park destination rather than an actually real part of the Sims world also gives a reason why it might be "walled off" from the rest of the game. The English Simmer pointed out in a recent video that even though she's excited by the prospect of Star Wars being part of the game, she doesn't want Star Wars leaking out into the rest of the game. I don't know where I got it from, or where I heard about it but I installed a mod to keep the game from making random sims into spellcasters. As the English Simmer points out, the game already does a decent job of not having sims dress up in Star Wars costumes outside of the Geek Con even. So saying that certain things only work in that location because they're not actually real[ in the game--they're part of a themed vacation spot.

But then that got me thinking about the other reason I think it's a theme park destination: There is already Star Wars stuff in the game--costimes for Halloween and a Baby Yoda statues. Star Wars is already fictional in The Sims.
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    @kemowery wrote: »
    I think the pack is going to be a "theme park" destination, but not because I'm super-excited about theme parks.

SGDuke has confirmed back in February or so, that Theme Park was not an idea they were working on for this Game Pack.

Otherwise it’ll just be another Comic-Con destination where one can take selfies with a Wookiee and buy a Porg plushy.
    Instead of Strangerville 2.0 that would be City Living 2.0, which to me sounds equally uninteresting. It’s been done. Unless we get proper roller coasters and dark rides. Not this time around though, although I would love to see that sometime in the future.

I spent hours building different kind of rides with that roller coaster track from the Sims 3 Store. It was a pain in the back side to build with, but the frustration was worth it once the ride was done.
    So I’d definitely would like to see more user friendly -Build your own rollercoaster/ wild water ride- gameplay in TS4.
    A simple merry-go-round and a balloon stand would be a good start. Those little sim brats need something to look forward to after doing their homework and playing Wake the Llama together for the 5th thousand time.

• Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    kemowery wrote: »
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    Hmmm I keep seeing people say it could just be a theme park, but I don't really see how a theme park in the sims is interesting? Like I enjoy Planet Coaster and the likes because I get to manage parks, but I don't give a flying plum about the characters visiting the park. I don't see how I'd enjoy having to direct an entire sim family through a theme park just to eat some popcorn, get a lightsaber and have Dark Vader sign his autograph (which he basically already does at Geekcon). Wouldn't it be much more fun to live in a galaxy far away by entering a special portal that transports sims into an alternate universe full of lightsaber fights, crazy creatures, a market, new powers? No?

Just curious really, I know tastes differ but I want my space sims now :(

This is a game pack, so it's not going to be a massive overhaul of the game. It'll have stuff, a new location, and probably one big (or big-ish) new gameplay element.

Making a full Star Wars expansion would require tons of new stuff--the force, droids, lightsabers, multiple new aliens, plus people talk about how they want to fly and live on spaceships and go to different planets. That's getting to the point of being a new, different game.

The theme park idea is how to square that circle. You don't need to fly a spaceship, because it's one location: Batuu, the location in Galaxy's Edge. There's no need for multiple new alien lifestates, because the weird aliens are actually just costumes. If you get a lightsaber or learn the Force or whatever, it's really only effective in whatever the park storyline is, because it's props and special effects. (That said, while adding in a bunch of aliens isn't likely for a lot of reasons, if they made a Jedi life state it could work mostly with powers we've already seen from spellcasters and vampires.)

Making it a theme park destination rather than an actually real part of the Sims world also gives a reason why it might be "walled off" from the rest of the game. The English Simmer pointed out in a recent video that even though she's excited by the prospect of Star Wars being part of the game, she doesn't want Star Wars leaking out into the rest of the game. I don't know where I got it from, or where I heard about it but I installed a mod to keep the game from making random sims into spellcasters. As the English Simmer points out, the game already does a decent job of not having sims dress up in Star Wars costumes outside of the Geek Con even. So saying that certain things only work in that location because they're not actually real[ in the game--they're part of a themed vacation spot.

But then that got me thinking about the other reason I think it's a theme park destination: There is already Star Wars stuff in the game--costimes for Halloween and a Baby Yoda statues. Star Wars is already fictional in The Sims.

Yeah you might be right :( But then they'd have to add something incredibly interesting to it for me to want it.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Scobre wrote: »

True. Just makes the program not appealing to those that want to join under those conditions that's all. It would mentally break anyone. I understand why they look so tired now with the lack of sleep. A former CM was explaining the new limitations with me and even they thought it was unhealthy.

You think the new limitations has to do with that leak about firefighters and stuff?
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    If it is a theme park I'll just keep an open mind about it. I was able to and still do use most the Strangerville pack in ways that other simmers that don't like the pack don't think you can .. as in if you aren't telling the linear story the pack is useless to them. That isn't the case for me. I use that pack very frequently and have only gone through the story line completely once. I use the world, the careers, the traits, the build/buy and the infected/possession aspects of game play and even the mother to create the stories I want to.. so there is no reason that the new pack wouldn't build on my game play if it is a theme park that I don't always want to send my sims too.

Still much more wanting to colonize somewhere and have an alien world.. but I know that I don't make the game and set in stone expectation can lead to feeling very disappointed if it doesn't turn out exactly how you expect.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    WispyeWispye Posts: 141 Member
    its not something weve never had tho we had that in sims 3
  • Options
    GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    @catloverplayer maybe this pack is what SimGuruDuke was hinting at in that waterfall tweet you sent to him - that waterfall looked pretty futuristic to me!
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    @catloverplayer maybe this pack is what SimGuruDuke was hinting at in that waterfall tweet you sent to him - that waterfall looked pretty futuristic to me!

Waterfall tweet? I'm curious. :#