Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Does anyone else think it's not a star wars pack?

I think more likely it could be a space pack that has references to stars wars.I do not see them making a whole theme pack for an existing franchise.Instead I see them making a space pack.That has many references to other scifi

Comments

• Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    I doubt it myself. It is one thing to add some tie in, collab content to free updates, but it is a whole other thing to do a pack around it. All the supporting evidence I have really seen discussed is that the icon looks like the Star Wars part of Disney World and the theme fits the mystery cube hints. That is not enough for me.

Honestly, I would believe a general space pack more, but even still the icon and hints are too vague for me to be convinced of anything.
  • GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    I think more likely it could be a space pack that has references to stars wars.I do not see them making a whole theme pack for an existing franchise.Instead I see them making a space pack.That has many references to other scifi

I feel like a SW pack could be quite... uh... alienating (sorry haha) - I'm 60/40 hoping it will be a generic space pack but I am not opposed to it being SW themed as it makes a lot of sense with EA and Disney. I just want a space pack and I'll take it in any form it comes in! If they do manage to pull off a SW pack with Disney's input it could mean that we could maybe get a fantasy/medieval/fairytale/royalty themed pack in the future as well. Who knows!
  • peragogoperagogo Posts: 223 Member
    I think it’s a dome of some kind. They aren’t moons or suns but a reflection off the dome. That’s why the icon is so different, it’s what’s inside that is the point. Also, the Viney League diploma case has the reflection of three light sources on it, no matter where you move it.

Not necessarily super sci-fi, it could be more like Dubai’s Mall of the World.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited August 2020
    Me. I think it’s a desert pack somehow.
  • Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,188 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    Me. I think it’s a desert pack somehow.

It did remind me of the dessert.
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    Remember when everyone thought farming was happening and everyone starting being happy for it or complaining? We could be wrong here too.

But i do want to see farming. I also want a space pack, just not star wars. And id rather it be an expansion.
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
    Remember when everyone thought farming was happening and everyone starting being happy for it or complaining? We could be wrong here too.

But i do want to see farming. I also want a space pack, just not star wars. And id rather it be an expansion.

When farming comes it has to be expansion pack.
  • cherrysim_cherrysim_ Posts: 25 Member
    I agree with you, I think quite possibly it will be a space related pack maybe filled with references to star wars. I also saw a desert at first but we already have Oasis Springs so it would be something "never seen before" like they said.
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    Can't say if I think it's not a Star Wars pack... Other players have made some good arguments that even I, as one of the four or five people on the planet who never cared about that franchise, find convincing. I sure hope it's not a Star Wars pack, though, for the same reason I never played those games or watched the movies: It just doesn't interest me.

If we're getting something space- or alien-related inspired by another franchise, I would hope for a Mass Effect pack instead. In fact, I'm surprised we don't have any Mass Effect content yet, given that it's another popular EA game with some really cool ideas and concepts. But I don't think it will be that either.
  • InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    I think it does have something space related, but Im not willing to put my money on a Star Wars pack. Im fine with the Star Wars costumes in CAS and baby Yoda, but do we really need a pack dedicated to the franchise?
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    edited August 2020
    I really hope it's not star wars and I'm a huge Star Wars fan. I don't mind a few outfits and even a couple of build/buy objects, but I don't want an entire game pack out of it.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • peragogoperagogo Posts: 223 Member
    I think if it's not Star Wars, there really needs to be a bigger hint sooner than later that says "not star wars" to quell the coming uprising. Only problem is Star Wars is such that anything between super futuristic tech and ancient relics could be a Star Wars hint.

• LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    I don't think it's a Star Wars pack, but I do think it's inspired by it. So if it's an outer space pack with new Aliens, the location, environment and activities might resemble some things you'd see in Star Wars but still be independent to the game.
    #Team Occult
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    Well since EA also makes Star Wars games it is understandable that some may think this is going to be a Star Wars pack. From a marketing point of view I don't find it impossible for EA to use Sims DLC to adverise another one of their games but I do hope they decide not to do that. Only time will tell.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,426 Member
    I would be really happy with a space pack, doesn't necessarily have to be star wars. I really hope we are right and get something space related.

At this point however I still want to be careful because it all depends on one small icon. If I understand correctly the big version was a simmers' attempt to make it more clear. As long as it is not officially confirmed, it could still turn out to be something completely different.
  • GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    I'm still trying to think of possible Star Wars themed names they could use. So far I have:

The Sims 4: Sim Wars
    The Sims 4: The EAmpire Strikes Back
    The Sims 4: The Revenge of the Sim
  • BariSaxyBariSaxy Posts: 4,699 Member
    It definitely looks like one to me. However, I really hope all of the evidence is wrong, including on it even being space related.
    OO2UdmJ.png
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited August 2020
    Most of us (me atleast lol) don't mean it's an exactl replica of star wars. I don't think sims would ever do that. I always mean it's a space pack with elements taken from star wars. So yes I agree. 😊

Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • JACKIEJOYJACKIEJOY Posts: 802 Member
    I am still baffled by the idea of trying to shoehorn an entire galaxy into a game pack.
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    edited August 2020
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    edited August 2020
    I just can’t figure out, if it’s a Star Wars/ space pack how this hint fits in.

@Pamtastic72, I copied and edited this from my post on another thread:

It may refer to a Gamorrean. (Far fetched perhaps)
    Gamorrean.jpg

My other theory is:

Pig is Pork (when cooked, hence the chef outfit) and in the description it's called 'Porc du Jour.’

A 'Porg' is also a famous little creature that resides in the SW Universe.
    AFB4-FC99-F820-430-B-A054-6-B084-C116-F29.jpg

• stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I still wonder if it's actually a real pack -- it could have been an intercompany tribute of some sort to the EA Star Wars franchise and accidentally leaked out. Or it could be something unrelated to space; the three disks in the sky could be a reference to moon phases which could be introduced in a patch (we had moon phases with Supernatural in Sims 3; I liked the "Kissed Under a Full Moon" moodlet). I'll wait and see what develops.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,719 Member
    edited August 2020
    I mean we got Moschino... MAC... I would not find it unlikely for them to make an entire Star Wars pack. They seem to make whatever they feel like these days.
    logion wrote: »
    I mean we got Moschino... MAC... I would not find it unlikely for them to make an entire Star Wars pack. They seem to make whatever they feel like these days.

Moschino is a real brand.Star Wars is a fictional.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    I just can’t figure out, if it’s a Star Wars/ space pack how this hint fits in.

I think that's a hint to an update to Dine Out maybe?

I think it's a completely separate thing.
    #Team Occult