Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Next Game Pack icon leaked on Official Sims website.

Comments

• Cavapoo_KingCavapoo_King Posts: 5,148 Member
    edited August 2020
    How does
    " The most popular destination to elope is not yet known"
    . Mean star wars
    Gallery ID: cavapoo_king
  • IvyeyedIvyeyed Posts: 358 Member
    How does
    " The most popular destination to elope is not yet known"
    . Mean star wars

That hint was likely about the Spark’d challenge, and unrelated to the game pack.

Sometimes I stream.

This EA account is shared between two longtime roommates. The one most likely to be writing here is me, the taller of the roommates, whose opinions do not always represent the opinions of the shorter roommate.
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Hmmm I keep seeing people say it could just be a theme park, but I don't really see how a theme park in the sims is interesting? Like I enjoy Planet Coaster and the likes because I get to manage parks, but I don't give a flying plum about the characters visiting the park. I don't see how I'd enjoy having to direct an entire sim family through a theme park just to eat some popcorn, get a lightsaber and have Dark Vader sign his autograph (which he basically already does at Geekcon). Wouldn't it be much more fun to live in a galaxy far away by entering a special portal that transports sims into an alternate universe full of lightsaber fights, crazy creatures, a market, new powers? No?

Just curious really, I know tastes differ but I want my space sims now :(
  • MockerMocker Posts: 29 Member
    > @ChadSims2 said:
    > (Quote)
    > Something worse than Star Wars is that even possible?

Sims 4 Warhammer 40 000 ExPack just imagine how they would advertise this set:
    "Do your Sims need to show up at the party effectively? Easily with this pack, you will receive landing capsules with the help of which you will quickly arrive directly from your space station directly to your favorite restaurant or to the head of your worst enemy.
    You will also get chainsword duels (which is perfectly safe for your Sims) and flamethrower with which you can burn spoiled plants and heretics.
    Llamas for the Llama God, plumbob for the plumbob throne!"
  • doogeriedoogerie Posts: 765 Member
    I really don’t want a Star Wars pack I mean just why release a pa k around the biggest cinematic Failures of the last decade. I can see a space pack being fun however as long as we have a fun world with it.
  • KokoaMilkKokoaMilk Posts: 267 Member
    You know what? I have never seen Star Wars, nor I am planning to do it.
    BUT I have this weird gut feeling that a Star Wars pack could be a big fail. So what could make it buyable? ALL THE CONTENTS WE ASKED FOR.
    Cars, spiral stircases, bunkbeds. I mean, I have all the EP, GP and SP. The only one I wasn't buying was the "small pet stuff pack", until I found it at 4 euros. But a Star Wars pack? I wouldn't buy it unless they put all the features I really want.
    So the hint found using the Future Cube "Somebody is definitely going to get exactly what they want." might go towards this.
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,019 Member
    Wait, what if "Somebody is definitely going to get exactly what they want" a hint at lilsimsie getting to name Cowplants?
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    A space pack with great occult gameplay, a new planet to live in and all that sci fi stuff totally speaks to me. But I don't know if I want something as specific as a "star-wars" pack. It's just gets too specific
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • Cavapoo_KingCavapoo_King Posts: 5,148 Member
    edited August 2020
    Just so you dont have to scroll back to find the picture here it is
    0sNZSkd.png
    simspackicongp.png
    Gallery ID: cavapoo_king
  • peragogoperagogo Posts: 223 Member
    Gordy wrote: »
    Wait, what if "Somebody is definitely going to get exactly what they want" a hint at lilsimsie getting to name Cowplants?

I think that Future Cube answer is true no matter what, really. Someone is definitely going to get exactly what they want, no matter what comes out - the player base is too diverse to cater to everyone all at once so while some are going to be upset because it's not what they wanted, there's going to be others that love it.
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    edited August 2020
  • Bert1701Bert1701 Posts: 159 Member
    edited August 2020
    Please don't be Star Wars...
    If after all the years I've played The Sims, wishing there was a Star TREK themed expansion with cool science experiments, futuristic content, a Starfleet career with multiple branches and so many really cool BB objects and they instead give me Star WARS, with glow in the dark swords and Sims in Wookiee costumes I might die a little inside.
    Bert1701 wrote: »
    If after all the years I've played The Sims, wishing there was a Star TREK themed expansion with cool science experiments, futuristic content, a Starfleet career with multiple branches and so many really cool BB objects and they instead give me Star WARS, with glow in the dark swords and Sims in Wookiee costumes I might die a little inside.

.....what's so wrong with a Star Wars pack? If we get a Star Trek I see nothing wrong with a SW (y'all keep hating on SW so much :( )
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    edited August 2020
    I subscribe to EnglishSimmer. It is fun to speculate together.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWzdZks8Wwc

Edit: Now I got the link
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member

I've always confused Star Wars and Star Trek. They're both the same to me.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,457 Member
    IceyJ wrote: »

NOOOO! :D

...oh my god......You NEVER call SW and ST the same...LMAO!
  • aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member

There's a clear difference. Two different style series. One is a space opera and the other is a sci-fi action adventure. Two different tones, two different pacing. One is about good vs evil....the other how many women can the captain woohoo before he gets space diseases. lol
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
  • AedanStarfangAedanStarfang Posts: 272 Member
    Gordy wrote: »

Bingo! None of us fans have ever really gotten 100% of what we wanted it's always been a monkey's paw type of thing with Maxis (just look at the complaints about the Fire Fighters - showing up to dance provocatively with erotic music playing instead of actually extinguishing the fires...)
    aws200 wrote: »

There's a clear difference. Two different style series. One is a space opera and the other is a sci-fi action adventure. Two different tones, two different pacing. One is about good vs evil....the other how many women can the captain woohoo before he gets space diseases. lol

Yesss lol! That's about it.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited August 2020
    I subscribe to EnglishSimmer. It is fun to speculate together.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWzdZks8Wwc

Edit: Now I got the link

I assumed that this pack would be out this or next month, so I find it odd to see her speculate for this when she probably should be under NDA?

Maybe EA has not given out information about this pack to the gamechangers yet.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,499 Member
    I would very much enjoy a space/furturistic GP, I'm finding some of the interpretations to be equally intriguing. It's fun to play guessing games, but I think I'll wait to see what it really is. That way I won't get my hopes set on one thing, while they give me something entirely different. ;)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    logion wrote: »
    Maybe EA has not given out information about this pack to the gamechangers yet.

Why would EA give info to game changers before a pack is announced?

Game changers are only given info that can help them create content. They cannot create content for packs yet to be announced so there’s no reason to give them info that early.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png