Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How does Culling Ghosts work for many generations now?

For those of you that have a few generations of their families, when the ancestors ghosts get culled do the portraits stay on the family tree or do they also go away eventually? I am working on a save with ancestors. Thank you for answering

Comments

• phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    I would like to know the answer to this. I've been keeping my ghosts around just to avoid finding out myself.
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    This article is the most recent, that I could find, that talks about protecting the ghost from being culled.
    https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=29133.0
  • Montrase102Montrase102 Posts: 330 Member
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »
    This article is the most recent, that I could find, that talks about protecting the ghost from being culled.
    https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=29133.0

Hey, thanks! I read this part: "Ghosts will now no longer disappear from family trees when they are returned to the netherworld or culled by the game." Part of me is still nervous about this, but I will do a test save and try to release them to the netherworld and see how long they last in the family tree. This will be a good game save if it works well. :)
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    Mine do disappear from family tree. Like some are there but it doesn't show their picture nor their name. Most of them just disappear like they never existed. That's why I use the plumtree app.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • haneulhaneul Posts: 1,953 Member
    The portraits of those I've played with have stayed so far. I'm on my 5th generation of children and I release the ghosts immediately because I don't want ghosts in my game.
  • Alwe1507Alwe1507 Posts: 328 Member
    I've not played long enough for dead Sims...yet.

Reading the comments and Carl's guide though, am I correct in saying that Ghosts haunting lots has a 90 day time limit, unless the specific grave interaction is used?
  • CheesySimsLoverCheesySimsLover Posts: 258 Member
    I find ghosts annoying, so I release them immediately. I’m on generation five, and my generation one sims still appear in my family tree. I have had some Sims I didn’t play disappear from the tree. For the most part, it’s intact. Sometimes it loads a little slow or a sim doesn’t appear right away.
  • Montrase102Montrase102 Posts: 330 Member
    Mine do disappear from family tree. Like some are there but it doesn't show their picture nor their name. Most of them just disappear like they never existed. That's why I use the plumtree app.

Thanks, I will check that app out I am hoping it will work well in game. I plan on sharing my save.

Thank you everyone who responded. It looks like it will work as long as the households were active and played. I will probably release them to the netherworld right away and keep maybe a few important ones as ghosts. Seems I just have to make sure the ghosts are marked as a favorite to keep their portraits if they get culled. I never had more than three in a generation before and now I am looking at double that for this file. If anything this will be a fun learning experience.

Happy simming!