Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

When creating a family for multiple generations, do you play all of the descendants?

2...Next

Comments

• JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    To a point. I will play the descendants but not go further than their children.

For example my legacy save, my founder had 3 kids. I played with all of them moved them out married had kids of their own. But I dont go further with them except the heir. So then my heir gets married stays in family home has kids. I do the same thing play with them but only progress the heir children forward. If that makes any sense.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • SimsLady2000SimsLady2000 Posts: 1,236 Member
    I play them all, including the original starting couple. Since my sims' children all left the house with childhood aspirations completed, all toddler, child and teen skills and traits competed, and college degrees, they started higher in their careers so I don't have to manage that so much (as I did on my two original sims) so it makes it a lot more fun and easy to continue to play them. I like creating my own stories for them. And, to some degree, I let each child decide their own path. I have found that at some point before they turn to young adult, they start to show an interest in something when on full autonomy, making it easier to choose their destiny. Their dad, who is already heavily enhanced with skills and traits is about to get his second degree and run for office :) Mom completed the knitting aspiration recently. That sim loves to knit.
    The Sims is NOT a game, it's a lifestyle choice.

My Plumbob is GREEN today :D
  • Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 891 Member
    I start with my first 2 sims, once they have children I play the kids until they become young adults, including giving them spouses, then move both out and play whichever I decided was my second generation, this pattern continues for as long as I play this save. I think I have one save on the 9th generation. I have had other saves with even more generations, but adding new packs corrupted those save files, so now, when a new pack comes out I don't play my legacy save until I am sure it is not going to corrupt it.
  • DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    Yes, I intentionally created my current rotational save that way. I limited the second generation households to one pregnancy each so it wouldn't explode too quickly. I am thinking of easing up on that for the next generation and then potentially not playing every single household that creates.
  • Amj1995Amj1995 Posts: 4,068 Member
    I try to, but I end up having too many kids. So I sometimes come here to help me pick the "heir" if I lose interest in the gameplay.