Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Next Game Pack icon leaked on Official Sims website.

Comments

• purplestarz2006purplestarz2006 Posts: 340 Member
    Just thought about another SW theory regarding that Pig Chef.
    It’s called ‘Porc du Jour’.
    A famous little Star Wars creature is called ‘Porg’.
    AFB4-FC99-F820-430-B-A054-6-B084-C116-F29.jpg

Porc/ Pork/ Porg...sounds the same to me.

Oh my...I can't believe I didn't put that together. You are so right!

And I didn't even think about them recreating the creature stall! (One of the little stalls in the marketplace area sells "creatures"; in reality, they are all some sort of puppet or animated plush toy, but in-universe they treat it as though you are adopting a pet, down to putting it in an "animal carrier" box.)

TranquilityCreekBannerMaskssmall.jpg
  • ThornwoodThornwood Posts: 11 New Member
    > @Rouensims said:
    > This is certainly good advertising for Disney. I had never even heard of Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge before we started discussing it here.
    >
    > Suddenly, the leftmost part of the icon is looking sort of industrial, which for some reason made me think that this could be a terraforming pack. It would be really awesome to combine space/fantasy and the farming many people have been asking for.

They unfortunately wouldn't give us all of of those features in a game pack, it'd be an expansion pack thing.
  • akasevenakaseven Posts: 279 Member
    so guys i take a time to search for something in debug mode related to the themes mentioned and i wonder, what package does it exist in?

WQ6rcum.png

hE4ger5.png

translation of images

OFNI - unidentified fruit object (reference to the word UFO)

intergalactic pod
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,020 Member
    edited August 2020
    The UFO Fruit has been in the game since 2014, I think?
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    akaseven wrote: »
    so guys i take a time to search for something in debug mode related to the themes mentioned and i wonder, what package does it exist in?

WQ6rcum.png

hE4ger5.png

translation of images

OFNI - unidentified fruit object (reference to the word UFO)

intergalactic pod
    It came with Get to Work which was the first EP which was released March 31st, 2015 and around the time I experienced my first bugs in the Sims 4. :)
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • kemowerykemowery Posts: 371 Member
    I explained my reasoning in another thread, but the icon reminds me a lot of Galaxy's Edge (the Star Wars land in Disneyland and Disneyworld), and basically the things that are unique to Star Wars but wouldn't work or be that interesting in The Sims 4, lead me to think that this might specifically be a Galaxy's Edge pack. That is, it's a vacation pack where your sims can go to Galaxy's Edge, do some Star Wars-themed stuff, meet some characters from the movies, get a lightsaber or build a droid, buy some costumes, try some Star Wars foods and drinks at a restaurant, maybe play out a storyline like in Strangerville, and then go home.

If I'm right, I think I might prefer that to actually trying to make Star Wars work in TS4. And I'll be interested in the parts that get into CAS and build mode.
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    @KaeChan2089 ... The number 42 is the answer to the Ultimate Question of Life, the Universe, and Everything. According to the The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. Probably before your time, but it's a pretty common joke/reference.

Seriously one of the funniest books I've ever read ♥️
  • wickichickwickichick Posts: 11,130 Member
    I was watching youtube and simmerErin i think it is ...she recalled that earlier this year there was a survey which included ..if you could add to any expansion or gamepack what would you want to see. Apparently there was talk about a late summer game update and she thought the hint including the chef pig might hint at an update to dine out..she wondered if all the hints might allude to the summer update rather then to the game pack ....it sounds more possible perhaps...how hard would it be to make it so you could build in either the camping or the jungle and have a vacation home or even if they made that possible in Sulani ...but we shall have to see ..maybe it would be possible in all three and that would be the hint to the most popular place to elope to would be either of the three but which one?
  • gothbuniegothbunie Posts: 43 Member
    Please don't let it be a star wars pack. I already have aliens and I don't like that we have to pay to get better alien.
  • mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    I have been concentrating more on that light beaming, and then I saw this poster in game and thought mmmm what if ????

A0693QN.png
  • ChatonChaton Posts: 144 Member
    > @mcrudd said:
    > I have been concentrating more on that light beaming, and then I saw this poster in game and thought mmmm what if ????
    >
    > (Image)

Yes, what if it's a natural disaster pack ? On the icon, the circles might be meteorites/volcano rocks. The thing on the right could be a big wave like a tsunami. The light beam could be an alien attack or something similar. That would be a major first and that would explain the weird-looking icon (it's easy to depict SW with one single object, it's more difficult for a disaster pack).
    Honestly, I'm not sure about this theory at all, but it's worth speculating about.
  • EliasVersaceEliasVersace Posts: 477 Member
    edited August 2020
    Another thing: Eco Lifestyle came with a rock-shaped light that many reviewers on youtube found rather weird and misplaced. It is called 'the Aether Ore' and it is placed on the ground. Aether is apparently 'an ancient material with mythological origins that fills the region of the universe above the terrestrial sphere. It was used in theories to explain natural phenomena, such as the traveling of light and gravity.' The in-game description says that this: 'It was mined in space by ancient astro travelers & stored on earth.'

Now maybe this is nothing, but they've hinted at future content before in the Build Buy category (seasons calendars, etc) and it doesn't really fit in with the rest of the furniture from that pack. Curious to see if it turns out to be something!

Ljxp6ZT.png?1
  • ThomoThomo Posts: 8 New Member
    A natural disaster pack would be amazing!
  • MoonfoxNightcryMoonfoxNightcry Posts: 296 Member
    edited August 2020
    It is 100% a Batuu or more general Star Wars pack. In anyone else’s hands, I might be at least interested and curious. But this is the Sims team, and even Batuu alone is far outside the capabilities of this group, who can only ever produce the thin veneer of a concept.

I expect a lot of empty shells, implied activity, re-used animations, max two aspirations with the most literal and niche application, a tiny world that is 99% set dressing, a boatload of bugs, poor design choices and no new depth to the game.

This team need to lower their ambitions and read community comments. Start small, work up and listen to what the players want.
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    edited August 2020
    It is 100% a Batuu or more general Star Wars pack. In anyone else’s hands, I might be at least interested and curious. But this is the Sims team, and even Batuu alone is far outside the capabilities of this group, who can only ever produce the thin veneer of a concept.

I expect a lot of empty shells, implied activity, re-used animations, max two aspirations with the most literal and niche application, a tiny world that is 99% set dressing, a boatload of bugs, poor design choices and no new depth to the game.

This team need to lower their ambitions and read community comments. Start small, work up and listen to what the players want.

I also saw a Game Changer saying that if we are going to have lightsaber fights, that they hope they aren't going to re-use the sword fighting animation from Get Famous.

HA! Fat chance. They will almost 100% sure recycle that animation too.
    Why do we get so little Gameplay objects? because they can't be bothered with animating new things because it costs too much budget.
    Also the inconsistency when it comes to multi tasking is baffling.

I remember @SimGuruGraham saying they couldn't do lounge chairs in SP's because of the scope and them wanting them to support multi tasking etc. What did we get? Dull lounge chairs in Island Living where Sims are basically just robots laying down and doing nothing. That multi tasking excuse still baffles me to this day.

Wasn't one of the core selling points Multi Tasking? Be consistent please.

The only consistency The Sims 4 has is putting out underwhelming gameplay deprived packs from day one. And ignoring almost all community requests to come up with some random weird packs.
  • BubblesfishBubblesfish Posts: 1 New Member
    This is so disappointing. Not everyone likes Star Wars. This just seems like an advertising ploy to me and feels like a complete let down. They should be adding to the game, not trying to get sim gamers to watch a bloody show.
  • GamingTweetyGamingTweety Posts: 851 Member
    edited August 2020
    I still think a winter themed pack is coming, considering the toughtball in the last seconds of the Nifty Knitting trailer and the poll we had months ago.
    Gallery id: GamingTweety

Looking for some custom animations? Check out my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKrWaxowK2vCzwkz6bEZRbg

Deviantart profile: https://gamingtweety.deviantart.com/
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,459 Member
    I still think a winter themed pack is coming, considering the toughtball in the last seconds of the Nifty Knitting trailer and the poll we had months ago.

It will most likely be an EP at the end of the year.
  • GamingTweetyGamingTweety Posts: 851 Member

It will most likely be an EP at the end of the year.

A good expansion with a decent world would be great.
    Gallery id: GamingTweety

Looking for some custom animations? Check out my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKrWaxowK2vCzwkz6bEZRbg

Deviantart profile: https://gamingtweety.deviantart.com/
  • abelhinha35abelhinha35 Posts: 2,304 Member
    If you are looking for a your choice of clue you will find it any where. I personally think it's a Winter Holiday theme GP. My hint is in the NK trailer. :)
  • GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    edited August 2020
    Another thing: Eco Lifestyle came with a rock-shaped light that many reviewers on youtube found rather weird and misplaced. It is called 'the Aether Ore' and it is placed on the ground. Aether is apparently 'an ancient material with mythological origins that fills the region of the universe above the terrestrial sphere. It was used in theories to explain natural phenomena, such as the traveling of light and gravity.' The in-game description says that this: 'It was mined in space by ancient astro travelers & stored on earth.'

Now maybe this is nothing, but they've hinted at future content before in the Build Buy category (seasons calendars, etc) and it doesn't really fit in with the rest of the furniture from that pack. Curious to see if it turns out to be something!

Ljxp6ZT.png?1

I noticed this too! Also the amount of space related things in Discover University's BB catalogue was curious too:

EOPCK4S.jpg

These last two are just about the actual swatch though and not the description
    E9fe1kY.jpg
    3jjK15E.jpg
  • MockerMocker Posts: 29 Member
    I just thought that if this ep, in order to expand the possibilities of the cosmonaut profession, we already have rockets in the game, but we are limited to only one planet, the sixam and do not see what is happening inside the spaceship with our sim.
    Perhaps this way the developers can satisfy both players: 1 supernatural players will get new aliens(and maybe alien pets?).
    2 realistic players will receive improved astronaut gameplay (who wouldn't want to be an astronaut in real life seriously?)
    +We iven possible can get another activity like golf
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited August 2020
    If you are looking for a your choice of clue you will find it any where. I personally think it's a Winter Holiday theme GP. My hint is in the NK trailer. :)

Nah tbh the "clue" in the pack icon seems pretty straightforward. I'm moderately sure we will eventually get a winter-themed pack, but I doubt it's this GP.
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    edited August 2020
    Might be. Personally I didn’t see any Star Wars there, porc means «pig/pig meat » In french, and the c is silent, it’s pronounced «por» and « porc du jour » to me is a pun on « plat du jour » which is the “today’s special” served in restaurants, as the name indicates, it changes everyday. And as the pig is holding a menu....
    Just thought about another SW theory regarding that Pig Chef.
    It’s called ‘Porc du Jour’.
    A famous little Star Wars creature is called ‘Porg’.
    AFB4-FC99-F820-430-B-A054-6-B084-C116-F29.jpg

Porc/ Pork/ Porg...sounds the same to me.

• CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,459 Member
    edited August 2020
    @Dianesims wrote: »
    Might be. Personally I didn’t see any Star Wars there, porc means «pig/pig meat » In french, and the c is silent, it’s pronounced «por» and « porc du jour » to me is a pun on « plat du jour » which is the “today’s special” served in restaurants, as the name indicates, it changes everyday. And as the pig is holding a menu....

But just like me, SimGuruGeorge may not know that...
    To the totally ignorant native English speaker, porc =pork (= porg?).