Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

First time i've genuinely disagreed with LGR on a review

13...Next

Comments

• ElectraRaiElectraRai Posts: 99 Member
    Well LGR is kinda know for his disliking of the sims 4, he liked ts3 a lot as far as i can remember, so i take all his review with a big grain of salt.
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited August 2020
    I like LGR's reviews and find them useful but as we are humans and able to make our own decisions unlike having an hive mentality some will agree with LGR and some will not. Some of the Sims 4 packs are hit and miss for me for none of them have the features I would think add to the creativity or take it to the next level because in the end it is what the user is comfortable with or not.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • SimKeatsSimKeats Posts: 2,186 Member
    Sims 4 has had the longest development run of a sims game so far, and correct me if I'm wrong, still has less content than the previous 3 games.
    With that in mind, I thought LGR was pretty spot on.
    Some might not like how he said some things, but I'm not really sure you can say any of what he said is "wrong".
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited August 2020
    Justin wrote: »
    Why are people defending a pack that is obviously a money grab? I voted for H.H but when arts & crafts won I wasn’t upset because I liked sims 2 free time. There was pottery, car mechanic , sewing machine & a bunch. Then they only gave knitting. Like really? What a joke. LG is like most of us. He’s seeing from a consumer prospective that sims 4 is going to a completely different direction & is becoming a joke now. Laundry , tiny living & eco living are something that should of been a simple expansion. You didn’t need a whole pack dedicated to laundry when that time & resources could of gone to something different & new. Not recycled . These other sim influences that praise & stand for these packs is what is wrong with the game & why EA continues it’s money grab.

Sims 2 Free Time was an expansion pack. The first mistake was expecting expansion content in a stuff pack.
  • cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    i agree with you. usually i agree with the criticism from LGR but this is the first time i've felt like he genuinely did not give this a fair chance nor did he fairly compare the content given compared to other stuff packs.

i get the criticism that this should have been in a larger arts and crafts pack, but regardless of that, it was about knitting, it delivered on knitting, it listened to fan feedback, and gave a lot for the price.
  • cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    Why are people defending a pack that is obviously a money grab? I voted for H.H but when arts & crafts won I wasn’t upset because I liked sims 2 free time. There was pottery, car mechanic , sewing machine & a bunch. Then they only gave knitting. Like really? What a joke. LG is like most of us. He’s seeing from a consumer prospective that sims 4 is going to a completely different direction & is becoming a joke now. Laundry , tiny living & eco living are something that should of been a simple expansion. You didn’t need a whole pack dedicated to laundry when that time & resources could of gone to something different & new. Not recycled . These other sim influences that praise & stand for these packs is what is wrong with the game & why EA continues it’s money grab.

it is not EA's fault that you, and many others, failed to read that only ONE of the themes would win. that is why the ranking feature was implemented in the vote. they CLEARLY said not every single one of the themes would win and only the first one was guaranteed.

don't blame EA for your failure to read what was clearly put there so we were all aware of what we were going to eventually get.

free time was a $40 expansion, adjusted for inflation it was nearly $50. did you really think they were going to deliver a $50 expansion into a $10 stuff pack?
  • troshalomtroshalom Posts: 1,095 Member
    So, if you watch the live stream you would know that not everything is available to buy, this pack strongly leans on crafting. However, you can buy through plopsy. If you have a save where you don't want to have knitters but what the knittables, there is a cheat to unlock it that was shared in the livestream.
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱
  • JustinJustin Posts: 731 Member
    IceyJ wrote: »

Sims 2 Free Time was an expansion pack. The first mistake was expecting expansion content in a stuff pack.

& you missed my point lol.
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    IceyJ wrote: »

& you missed my point lol.

Nah, I didn't. But my point was: you said you weren't upset because arts & crafts won. (Because you liked Free Time, which had all of those various activities.) However, the rest of us knew from the beginning that there would only be one activity included... Apparently, you didn't. If you had known, you would've had different expectations from the start.
  • KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    Agree to disagree.

Considering I didn't remember Nifty Knitting until his review popped into my YouTube feed, I find it very hard to disagree with him. He could sing the pack's praises and I would still find it lackluster. No, I don't expect much out of a $10 pack, but I'm not seeing the "more" a few people in this thread mention. I don't think it's the worst, but I think it's very forgettable.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • kemowerykemowery Posts: 370 Member
    I'm not blown away by Nifty Knitting, but it does give me something to do with my stay-home sims, and honestly when looking for something for elders to do, I'm starved to the point I'll take scraps.