Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Next Game Pack icon leaked on Official Sims website.

Comments

• SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    hyrulerose wrote: »
    bixters wrote: »
    I'm surprised there was no teaser today....

I am too. I get that they usually do teasers on Mondays, but I thought maybe the schedule had shifted because of Spark’d. I know they have a set schedule when it comes to making reveals, and the leak may well have been truly accidental, but I’m kind of surprised they don’t want to quell speculation a bit - especially if it happens to be incorrect.

They don’t quell speculation even if it were true. When discover university was leaked, they didn’t confirm or deny it. They waited about a 1month or 2 to announce it. They still follow their schedules.

I know, that’s part of my point. The fact that they’re not saying anything is what’s making me think the Star Wars theory is true. There’s been multiple instances in which they weren’t afraid to say that something is not coming. However, as you said, they tend to keep quiet if it’s true. I’m sure the SimGurus are aware that people are thinking it’s a Star Wars pack, since even the gamechangers are talking about it.

They don’t quell even if it were fake, forgot to add. When the farming pack was speculated because of the fake target leak they didn’t deny again. They’re probably on NDA’s that they can’t say anything regardless if it’s correct or not. They’ve never gone out right to deny a pack speculation leak.
  • bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member

They don’t quell even if it were fake, forgot to add. When the farming pack was speculated because of the fake target leak they didn’t deny again. They’re probably on NDA’s that they can’t say anything regardless if it’s correct or not. They’ve never gone out right to deny a pack speculation leak.

If they had just denied the Farming speculation, it would have saved everyone a lot of trouble!
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member

If they had just denied the Farming speculation, it would have saved everyone a lot of trouble!

No doubt. But that’s not how they work
  • pinneduphairpinneduphair Posts: 918 Member
    I'm surprised there was no teaser today....

I am too. I get that they usually do teasers on Mondays, but I thought maybe the schedule had shifted because of Spark’d. I know they have a set schedule when it comes to making reveals, and the leak may well have been truly accidental, but I’m kind of surprised they don’t want to quell speculation a bit - especially if it happens to be incorrect.

They don’t quell speculation even if it were true. When discover university was leaked, they didn’t confirm or deny it. They waited about a 1month or 2 to announce it. They still follow their schedules.

I know, that’s part of my point. The fact that they’re not saying anything is what’s making me think the Star Wars theory is true. There’s been multiple instances in which they weren’t afraid to say that something is not coming. However, as you said, they tend to keep quiet if it’s true. I’m sure the SimGurus are aware that people are thinking it’s a Star Wars pack, since even the gamechangers are talking about it.

Well, we’re all just guessing. None of us know exactly how things work within the company. I thought about the fake farming leak, but who knows, maybe they were afraid of the backlash if they’d denied farming - since plenty of people would take a denial as meaning ‘farming is never coming’ when that isn’t necessarily true.
  • pinneduphairpinneduphair Posts: 918 Member

This too. You’d think they’d learn from the fake farming debacle.
  • EliasVersaceEliasVersace Posts: 477 Member
    edited August 2020
    I found something else that could relate to George's hints, but it's kind of ambiguous. If you combine the pig and the scrolls, you get 'The Pig Scrolls'. The Pig Scrolls is a 2004 adventure novel about a talking pig that makes an odyssey-like journey in an attempt to save the world. It's apparently set in Ancient Greece with many references to ancient Greek mythology. I don't know what to make of it, it could be entirely coincidental. Thought I'd just leave this here, haha. Still think the Star Wars-inspired icon is clear as day.
  • Sim_ArchitectsSim_Architects Posts: 302 Member
    Simburian wrote: »
    Ahem. How many of us got it right about the Eco Lifestyle pack before any leaks?

I wasnt browsing this forum then. Did anyone guess it?
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,875 Member
    Ahem. How many of us got it right about the Eco Lifestyle pack before any leaks?

My theory would be that nobody.
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    @KaeChan2089 ... The number 42 is the answer to the Ultimate Question of Life, the Universe, and Everything. According to the The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. Probably before your time, but it's a pretty common joke/reference.
    egTcBMc.png
  • BariSaxyBariSaxy Posts: 4,699 Member
    edited August 2020
    I found something else that could relate to George's hints, but it's kind of ambiguous. If you combine the pig and the scrolls, you get 'The Pig Scrolls'. The Pig Scrolls is a 2004 adventure novel about a talking pig that makes an odyssey-like journey in an attempt to save the world. It's apparently set in Ancient Greece with many references to ancient Greek mythology. I don't know what to make of it, it could be entirely coincidental. Thought I'd just leave this here, haha. Still think the Star Wars-inspired icon is clear as day.

A shame. An Ancient Greece pack would be a thousand times better. =(
    OO2UdmJ.png
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    This is certainly good advertising for Disney. I had never even heard of Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge before we started discussing it here.

Suddenly, the leftmost part of the icon is looking sort of industrial, which for some reason made me think that this could be a terraforming pack. It would be really awesome to combine space/fantasy and the farming many people have been asking for.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
    Dang it you guys....

This thread has me all pumped up for a sci-fi, futuristic, star wars themed, alien world!

I'm picturing a Batuu-like world full of sim-eating alien cowplants, glowing crystal caves to explore, futuristic round homes, glass domed greenhouses, a restaurant owned by an alien pig chef family (gamorrean-ish)....

.... while my purplehaired sci-fi nerd alien sim zips around on her hoverboard on her way to spacecamp to earn school credits towards her future Simstronaut career.

:o

I want you to develop our next Sims pack!!!
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    @KaeChan2089 ... The number 42 is the answer to the Ultimate Question of Life, the Universe, and Everything. According to the The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. Probably before your time, but it's a pretty common joke/reference.

If we got a Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy pack, I would die of delight.
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Rouensims wrote: »

Oh I know what it is...I just...never seen it...so the number and it's meaning is foreign to me <3.

Oh I know what it is...I just...never seen it...so the number and it's meaning is foreign to me <3.

If you're interested, you should see it/read it/listen to it/play it. It's wonderful. There are books, TV shows, radio programs, a movie, and even an old video game.

• SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member

After the windmill-picture was out some people thought of it being an eco pack only, but almost everyone was very disappointed when the trailer dropped because of the fake farming leak.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,457 Member
    edited August 2020
    Just thought about another SW theory regarding that Pig Chef.
    It’s called ‘Porc du Jour’.
    A famous little Star Wars creature is called ‘Porg’.
    AFB4-FC99-F820-430-B-A054-6-B084-C116-F29.jpg

Porc/ Pork/ Porg...sounds the same to me.
    Just thought about another SW reference theory about that Pig Chef.

OMG I want one <3 Those were the cutest things ever.
    I'm dying for porgs!
    edited August 2020

If you're interested, you should see it/read it/listen to it/play it. It's wonderful. There are books, TV shows, radio programs, a movie, and even an old video game.

NEVERMIND
  • aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member

I got the towel.
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited August 2020
    Reminds me of Star Wars with the multiple suns. I think I would be ok with a space farm pack.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Just thought about another SW theory regarding that Pig Chef.

Porc/ Pork/ Porg...sounds the same to me.
    Build a Bear has a plushie of Porg which is really cute.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller