Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Placing playable NCP items anywhere with full functionality without using mods

abelhinha35abelhinha35 Posts: 2,303 Member
edited July 2020 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
I would like Maxis/EA to free all functional NCP items such as coffee bar, cafeteria bar, bars ect. It would be great if all these item could be functional on any lot type without mods or a sim having to hire a NCP for it to work. In other words it would generate NCP's where every it is placed.

Comments

• CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    edited July 2020
    Out of all of the games in the series, TS4 is the most restrictive. TS3 started out with lot requirements as well. However, over time, the devs did away with those and allowed the players much more creativity. Yet, when it comes to venues, TS2 is still the pinnacle of the series. Players can throw anything onto a lot and it works, period.

I don't understand the decision-making process that ended up driving TS4 backward rather than forward. On second thought, maybe I do understand. The crux of the issue is that the TS4 engine is a hot mess that is incapable of providing the player with the freedoms of the past installments. At this point, some serious consideration should be given to letting TS4 go instead of piling more content onto a foundation that was weak from the start. Eco Lifestyle should be the nail in the coffin.

I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • abelhinha35abelhinha35 Posts: 2,303 Member
    Cynna wrote: »
    Out of all of the games in the series, TS4 is the most restrictive. TS3 started out with lot requirements as well. However, over time, the devs did away with those and allowed the players much more creativity. Yet, when it comes to venues, TS2 is still the pinnacle of the series. Players can throw anything onto a lot and it works, period.

I don't understand the decision-making process that ended up driving TS4 backward rather than forward. On second thought, maybe I do understand. The crux of the issue is that the TS4 engine is a hot mess that is incapable of providing the player with the freedoms of the past installments. At this point, some serious consideration should be given to letting TS4 go instead of piling more content onto a foundation that was weak from the start. Eco Lifestyle should be the nail in the coffin.

I couldn't say this any better. I really hope they will consider to change this :)
  • JulianneALeeJulianneALee Posts: 109 Member
    The crux of the issue is that the TS4 engine is a hot mess that is incapable of providing the player with the freedoms of the past installments.

The TS4 engine is a pared-down non-resource-hog that doesn't lag for trying to do too much. And the graphics are better.
    Julianne Lee
    Simmer since 2001
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    The TS4 engine is a pared-down non-resource-hog that doesn't lag for trying to do too much. And the graphics are better.

Not going to lie, I'd prefer the resource hog of Sims 3 or load times of Sims 2 to Sims 4's shallowness. I thought it was pretty accepted at the point that 4 was supposed to be a whole other animal that was scrapped after Sim City failed, with the various comments and datamines through the years.

Sims 4 does toddlers, vampires, and graphics the best in my opinion, but I need to see more. Perhaps I am being optimistic, but the packs feel more ambitious right now.
  • CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    The crux of the issue is that the TS4 engine is a hot mess that is incapable of providing the player with the freedoms of the past installments.

On the other hand, TS4 doesn't lag for doing too much, it seems to lag even while doing so little. Direct a Sim to do something and they stand around burning daylight. TS3 used to hang because it was keeping track of everything going on in an entire world. I don't get why TS4 hangs while trying to manage one lot at a time.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    We really do need a "Free Assembly" lot type in the vein of TS2's community lots. I hate how the "General" lot type doesn't attract NPC sims at all, and the only way to make a functional public lot in TS4 is to use one of their pre-made lot types and follow their little checklists. It was a very poor design decision, and it really cramps the style of world builders like me, who like to make community lots based on our own needs and preferences, not on arbitrary checklists.
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member

For some time now the TS4 engine has been like a Toyota (or equivalent) trying to haul the trailer from an 18 wheeler. Every pack only adds to the load. Better graphics? Sims, maybe, allowing for the art style. At the world level TS3 is much better, and regarding walls, floors, objects, & ceilings TS2 does what 4 can only dream about. Plain and simple the engine fails to take full advantage of the technology advances available when the game came out.
  • abelhinha35abelhinha35 Posts: 2,303 Member
    edited August 2020

For some time now the TS4 engine has been like a Toyota (or equivalent) trying to haul the trailer from an 18 wheeler. Every pack only adds to the load. Better graphics? Sims, maybe, allowing for the art style. At the world level TS3 is much better, and regarding walls, floors, objects, & ceilings TS2 does what 4 can only dream about. Plain and simple the engine fails to take full advantage of the technology advances available when the game came out.

Totally agree with you, it is such a shame. If this game was executed to best of it's potential, it would be magnificent.