Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The grand sequel to: "The first one to page 100 wins!"

Comments

• 5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    Today has been an absolute horrible day!

Had to bury my cat Missy ("Mimi") today! :( It looks like someone deliberately ran her over! She was originally a stray (dumped by someone most likely), who started hanging around the house. She was healthy and spayed, just homeless. She eventually got used to us enough to come in (with the 2 Chihuahuas) .

Mimi obviously knew enough of the road to watch for cars. I've seen her crossing the road - she actually would look both ways before crossing!

We do have some "ruffians" , that like to knock down mailboxes and destroy trash cans, so I wouldn't be surprised if they were the ones who killed her. We found her well behind the white line, where she was struck!

Mimi was abandoned, a stray with no where to go, and ended up in a loving family home. She will be deeply missed. :bawling:
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,472 Member

Had to bury my cat Missy ("Mimi") today! :( It looks like someone deliberately ran her over! She was originally a stray (dumped by someone most likely), who started hanging around the house. She was healthy and spayed, just homeless. She eventually got used to us enough to come in (with the 2 Chihuahuas) .

Mimi obviously knew enough of the road to watch for cars. I've seen her crossing the road - she actually would look both ways before crossing!

We do have some "ruffians" , that like to knock down mailboxes and destroy trash cans, so I wouldn't be surprised if they were the ones who killed her. We found her well behind the white line, where she was struck!

Mimi was abandoned, a stray with no where to go, and ended up in a loving family home. She will be deeply missed. :bawling:

Oh dear!! So sorry to hear about Mimi. :( May she rest in peace.
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • bellagorillabellagorilla Posts: 6,891 Member

That's so sad :bawling: Rest in piece, Mimi :cry:
    7dW3gu7.gif
    Most likely caught as scum and best theme-Google Translate, 4th annual Scummies win!
    Today's Q Q is:
    Do you have an old shirt you cannot let go of?

Most of my shirts I wear are like really old. XD Just cuz I don't buy a lot of clothes.
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • simspeaker4simspeaker4 Posts: 5,999 Member

That's awful. My thoughts are with you.
    I am a perfectly decrepit withered old hag who enjoys self-mockery.

Need help falling asleep? http://wry7000.blogspot.com/
    edited August 2020
    DeKay wrote: »
    Today's Q Q is:

Most of my shirts I wear are like really old. XD Just cuz I don't buy a lot of clothes.

I still have a couple of t-shirts from the 50th Anniversary of the "Whistling Death" Squadron (1942-1992) !

I could NEVER part with these two shirts for a couple of reasons -

1. This was my dad's squadron when he was in the Marines.
    2. The VMA-124 Whistling Death Squadron is NO LONGER active! :(
    3. The memories of my little rugrat self running around, meeting the other guys of the squadron.

I don't wear them anymore - fearing the washer might ruin the very old fabric - but I'm glad I still have them!

@DeKay
    @bellagorilla
    @simspeaker4

Thank you for your kindness. I'm planning on getting a headstone or marker for her.
    Today's Q Q is:

I have some old band shirts (like a The Myriad shirt) that can't be replaced. I also have old swim shirts hanging out in the back of my closet.
    Today's Q Q is:

I still have a couple of t-shirts from the 50th Anniversary of the "Whistling Death" Squadron (1942-1992) !

3. The memories of my little rugrat self running around, meeting the other guys of the squadron.

I don't wear them anymore - fearing the washer might ruin the very old fabric - but I'm glad I still have them!

DeKay
    bellagorilla
    simspeaker4

Thank you for your kindness. I'm planning on getting a headstone or marker for her.

I think a headstone marker is a great idea :)
    7dW3gu7.gif
    Most likely caught as scum and best theme-Google Translate, 4th annual Scummies win!
    Today's Q Q is:

@DeKay
    @bellagorilla
    @simspeaker4

When our family cat was put to sleep my Mom decided to keep him on the mantle. I like the idea of a headstone too.

Today's Q Q is:
    What's the first thing you notice when you meet a person?

Their hair and their shoes. XD I guess that means I really look at them from top to bottom. LOL.
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • ZinniavanillaZinniavanilla Posts: 11,872 Member
    Today's Q Q is:

Their hair and their shoes. XD I guess that means I really look at them from top to bottom. LOL.

Their eyes and their... height.
    unknown.png
    Today's Q Q is:

Personality.
    7dW3gu7.gif
    Today's Q Q is:

Prolly their eyes.

If I said "I have not received instruction from this professor since I left campus in March, I have reached out to you, the dean, for help so this does not affect my grade" that makes sense, right?

...this dean can't seem to get that much through her head! She keeps asking me why I don't have the information that I need to just finish the incomplete already :confounded:
    7dW3gu7.gif
  • NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    Today's Q Q is:

Size/bearing and eye/facial expression. Clothing only registers in a dim way, as part of "bearing" unless it is something memorable like, a costume, uniform, or something else that really sticks out.
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
    Today's Q Q is:

Size/bearing and eye/facial expression. Clothing only registers in a dim way, as part of "bearing" unless it is something memorable like, a costume, uniform, or something else that really sticks out.

Oh, hello there, Nush!
    FwDXXd5.gif
    hey...hoping it's okay to just pop in?

xicwqMCm.jpg

Of course! Here we just talk about random daily stuff. 😂 Just don't double post! 😊
    FwDXXd5.gif
    I got Hurricane Isaias on its way to my house in North Carolina! Supposed to be a category 1 hurricane when it hits (about 1-2 am EST) .
    edited August 2020

Hey Nush! Of course, stop on by. This thread is for totally random stuff so you're totally welcome :)
    Just avoid the Pit of Doom and I'm sure you'll enjoy it here :)
    I got Hurricane Isaias on its way to my house in North Carolina! Supposed to be a category 1 hurricane when it hits (about 1-2 am EST) .

Stay safe!
    7dW3gu7.gif
    Today's Q Q is:

What motivates you to get up every morning?

To get things done. XD
    FwDXXd5.gif
    Only that continuing to lie in bed gets boring. But I started deliberately leaving my laptop and phone downstairs, so I'd have to go there.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Cavapoo_KingCavapoo_King Posts: 5,148 Member
    Today's Q Q is:

What motivates you to get up every morning?

To get things done. XD

Nothing
    Gallery ID: cavapoo_king
  • Cavapoo_KingCavapoo_King Posts: 5,148 Member
    I was watching Annisokay's Japan tour vlog and the ending had me rolling. XD

It did it in time with your signature :joy:
    Gallery ID: cavapoo_king
    I was watching Annisokay's Japan tour vlog and the ending had me rolling. XD

It did it in time with your signature :joy:

LOL LOL.
    Only that continuing to lie in bed gets boring. But I started deliberately leaving my laptop and phone downstairs, so I'd have to go there.

That's a good tactic. XD
    FwDXXd5.gif
    edited August 2020
    We still have some strong gusts of winds (about 20mph), but Elizabeth City is now out of it! :)

I didn't see anything wrong with the house - thankfully! The neighbor had a large tree land on the power lines, but that's only "fun" we had... and hopefully we don't have any more fun for a while!

EDIT:
    Just got done talking with my neighbor - there was 5 tornadoes that skirted around us! :open_mouth: Closest one was just three miles down the street!

And hurricane season is just getting started! :confounded:
    Post edited by 5782341b77vl on

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top