Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I love genetics!

Comments

• TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,713 Member
    edited August 2020
    Haha, no worries. Stevie should be the exact same age as his younger brother, but he is the product of a game glitch. Randall and Julienne don't live together and married different spouses, and they only had children (well, I thought a single child) once. I found Stevie in the family tree, and the game had him as a homeless sim in China. I just recently added him to the family, and I guess he will have to wait until the rest of the town children that were produced after I introduced NRaas SP to this game grow up. I'm sure the game will push tons of homeless pudding faces to the rescue.

This game produces really odd glitches.
    Post edited by Turjan on
  • MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    @Turjan I have not had a child appear in the family tree with travel but, then again, it's been a long time since my sims traveled. I would probably not add a "travel child" to my town because I don't recognize anything that happens that isn't in my control. It's one of the reasons I have adoption turned off in SP as well. If my town sims don't have genetic children, they don't have children! I am very picky about my sims :D:confounded::D
    edited August 2020
    Oh, Stevie most certainly was a genetic child of Julienne and Randall. He has both, Julienne and Randall, listed as parents, and he was produced by the game at the same time his brother was born in Twinbrook. The only difference was that he was listed as homeless in China, which I have seen since he was a toddler. I always planned to get him back from there, but I learned that MC's "Add Sim" function is safe to use, so I used that now, when he was nearly a teen. Why he aged up faster than his brother is as much a mystery as the fact of his existence. Fortunately, the NRaas mods now mostly prevent such nonsense.
    That's a really weird glitch! In that case I am glad you were able to get him back even if the age is wrong!
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I'm doing a genetics thing in sims 4 but the girls look to much like there dad he's not ugly but they look like there dad in a dress
    any suggestions? and would it be cheating if I change them ?
    more for sim kids and more drama please
    @comicsforlife I don't know anything about TS4 or its genetics. Using mods in TS3 I am able to re-roll the genetics of the kids so they still inherit the genetics of their parents. Are you able to re-roll in TS4? If so, I wouldn't consider that cheating.
    Mikezumi wrote: »
    @comicsforlife I don't know anything about TS4 or its genetics. Using mods in TS3 I am able to re-roll the genetics of the kids so they still inherit the genetics of their parents. Are you able to re-roll in TS4? If so, I wouldn't consider that cheating.

don't think there's a mod for that yet I really want one now though where did you get yours for sims 3
    I still play it to
    Mikezumi wrote: »

don't think there's a mod for that yet I really want one now though where did you get yours for sims 3
    I still play it to

I use this mod.
    thanks looks great
  • PeculiarPlumbobPeculiarPlumbob Posts: 535 Member
    I got back into S3 recently :'D
    I started out with Willa who ended up marrying Jared Frio. They ended up having six kids (First Colin, then twins Hadley and Liam and then triplets Evan, Meredith and Callum). The other siblings have gotten married and had kids as well but I only put the ones I'm currently playing in the pic.

Liam (I. Love. Him.) is married to Rosalyn Hart (a daughter of Dorie and Gus Hart) and together they have two kids, Ted and Alana (don't know why Alana is white when the parents very clearly aren't but I was too lazy to change her skin tone so...)

aoUpSyy.png

@PeculiarPlumbob Thanks for sharing your sim family tree :) Looks like Willa's genetics have been strongest although I do see Jared in some of the kids. Skin tone can skip generations so perhaps Alana got her colour from her granddad.
    edited August 2020
    I put together composite pics now that the fifth generation kids of the fourth generation spares are all YA. It will be a little while before the last fifth generation child in the active family grows up so the active family pic will have to wait.
    50198256611_cbf38269cc_o.jpg
    50269488548_c76046d22f_o.jpg
    50265921827_a7453f6127_o.jpg
    Post edited by Mikezumi on
    Jamie and Stephen will be bringing in the next generation :) Their first child is due either today or tomorrow - depending on whether I can drag myself away from the new streaming service I have subscribed to :D
    50265921972_22459d2954_o.jpg
    50265742581_616f3ac496_o.jpg
  • monjr8302monjr8302 Posts: 253 Member
    I got back into S3 recently :'D
    I started out with Willa who ended up marrying Jared Frio. They ended up having six kids (First Colin, then twins Hadley and Liam and then triplets Evan, Meredith and Callum). The other siblings have gotten married and had kids as well but I only put the ones I'm currently playing in the pic.

Liam (I. Love. Him.) is married to Rosalyn Hart (a daughter of Dorie and Gus Hart) and together they have two kids, Ted and Alana (don't know why Alana is white when the parents very clearly aren't but I was too lazy to change her skin tone so...)

aoUpSyy.png

How is Alana so pale?!?!
    edited August 2020
    I'm playing in Bridgeport at the moment, which is actually my very first Sims3 game that I initially started in 2013 or 2014, but gave up on till last year after just a short time playing.
    Here's my very first sim, Ethan Bergman, but not like he looked originally. The biggest change was the nose bridge width, which looked horrible on female sims.
    rKNh7NU.jpg
    This is an edited Lisa King, who just aged up to adult.
    HyQnIiN.jpg
    Their daughter Florence and their son Jared.
    QSEmX8f.jpg
    ruA9fbE.jpg
    They got the RG mod treatment.
  • carlystur03carlystur03 Posts: 435 Member
    @Turjan Wow! Florence is really pretty! Jared's not bad either. :wink:
    @Turjan Are you having fun with your first save? I can't go back to mine because it was so long ago and I left my saves in America when I moved back to Australia. I only brought my sim files because I figured as long as I have my sims I can play them in new saves :)
    Ethan and Lisa look great and their kids are very good looking! :)
    @carlystur03 Thank you. Let's hope they stay similar when they grow up to YA's.

@Mikezumi Thanks, I sure do :smile: . The save is a bit quirky, as it had been running without mods for a long time. For example, it loses portraits from the relationship bar or Tagger all the time, and even the file pic (which I assume is the home lot pic) disappeared sometime ago. Also, without NRaas SP in play, the child gap is large, like in my Twinbrook game, so most of the original Bridgeport cast already died or will die childless. I will see who manages to squeeze in some kids, and I guess I will use Porter at some point to move the few families out. I like the idea of Bridgeport, but not really the execution.
    Ethan aged up to child today and I realized I hadn't had a sneak peek yet!
    50280446697_4111b93f17_o.jpg
    50280286286_1c487033f5_o.jpg
    @Mikezumi I wouldn't have guessed that outcome from the rather intense toddler image of Ethan. Looking good :smile:

I was playing in my Twinbrook game today, and Bradley aged up to teen. The parents are in the foreground. He's definitely a mix, but you can clearly see Amy (Bull) in him, mostly in his eyes.
    EDmRW5k.jpg
    I'll see I get a better image when his sister grows up. Also, my teens like to look like this when they age up, until I edit their hair (yes, that's the same Bradley):
    1MDOyzV.jpg

Other than that, I used the RG mod to make the IF's have some faces. I used Sinbad Rotter and Sofia Carlton as parents, who both have no children so far.
    Sinbad (will become an elder the same day) and Sofia:
    qGvHa9s.jpg
    JOOwvnj.jpg
    The three male IF's (the girl is still a child):
    1CoIr7W.jpg
    I5GXoCN.jpg
    P8IlNMr.jpg
    No names, as I have to change them from Cuddles, Snuggles and Lucky.
    @Turjan I don't think I have ever seen a teen grow up like that in my game! Has this always been the case for you? Do you have separate face skins for the younger ages?
    Bradley and the IFs all looks very good! :)
    @Mikezumi Thank you. No, I don't use different skins for different ages. The issue started at some point, so I guess it's some cc. It fixes itself when I touch the hair section, so it's not a big deal. Given I have to fix clothes for most sims, I can do that at the same time.
  • InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    @Turjan: aww I actually had Sinbad and Sofia reproduce in one of my old saves. I actually had it on hand for stuff and their daughters were very pretty IMO. Don't know why I never did it again, there are Twinbrook pairings that are supposed to be a lot worse.

Screenshot-661smol.jpg

Screenshot-662smol.jpg

(Sofia was a fairy)

Screenshot-663smol.jpg

Okay for original content: I had a real favorite pair of kids from that save. Rebecca and Hugo Knack, born to Julienne Knack and...drumroll please! Harwood Clay. My favorite townie. They both got Harwood's big lips and Julienne's face shape (Harwood's is pretty ghastly). Rebecca married into my family and got the power of dramatic makeup. Her genes lasted intact for two more generations. I started playing her grandson again and unfortunately his only daughter looks just like her momma (she's beautiful but ya know). No random genes mod to help me but I wanna try it!

I ended up de-olding them in CAS and wiping Rebecca's face clean.

Screenshot-664smol.jpg

Screenshot-665smol.jpg

Hugo's chin does that thing that men's lips like to do to the chin and tongue so perhaps that's why he died single. :p
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
    edited August 2020
    @InfraGreen Nice pics. I assume those children of Sinbad and Sofia are accidents? I have a hard time picturing Sinbad in a steady relationship, although he is nice enough to Amy (Bull), and the player has to force Sofia to get any kids. But yeah, they are definitely one of the better looking Twinbrook pairings, as long as you get rid of Sofia's micro ears.

Julienne is an obvious Twinbrook choice. Little did I know when my founder started in Twinbrook that this girl who visited on the day he moved in was about the best bet in town. It took me a while to realize that. I always liked her mother better though, but I didn't mess with her seemingly happy marriage. Harwood? I never had much contact with him, aside from the occasional party at his house, given he and my founder didn't like each other much. Interesting kids though.

Hmm, I'm not sure I 100% understand what you say about the chin and lips, but every EA town has a certain head style. I think Twinbrook has jaws and/or chins moved up, which doesn't leave any space for mouth sliders, so I regularly lower the jaw to give the mouth some space. I use a custom mouth height slider (suggested by Mikezumi) for ages other than YA though to get the mouth back where it should be for other ages.

From my side, here's a pic of the other son of Randall Elmore (my founder) and Julienne Knack (pics of both are on the last page), the twin brother of Stevie, the kid that got lost in China for whatever reason.

Michael Knack
    pwU9Sdm.jpg
    He's got Pattina's (Julienne's mother's) hair color.
    Post edited by Turjan on