Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Next Game Pack icon leaked on Official Sims website.

Comments

• ThetfordThetford Posts: 429 Member
    edited August 2020
    Slightly related, but with the earlier talk of underwater and moon bases, I do wonder if people would be receptive to a hostile environment themed pack where your sim runs and maintains a research/colony base such as in Antarctica, underwater or on a moon etc and they have to make sure that systems are maintained, there is enough food/oxygen etc, while having to change into a snow/diving/space suit to conduct research in the field, which could include exploring crashed UFOs, shipwrecks, lost cities, alien ruins etc like the Omiscan Temple..

Sort of like a combination of Get to Work and Jungle Adventure.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    It‘s definitely a Star Wars pack
    GAMEPACKLEAK.jpg

And it makes sense from a business perspective as well. It seems logical for EA to combine two IP's that they own the rights to.

Yeah, I can't unsee the Battu architecture now. The three suns is such a specific detail.

And honestly, it makes sense from so many different angles.

From The Sims' perspective, basing a pack around Galaxy's Edge is probably the only way they could ever do a Star Wars pack. Having your Sims live in the Star Wars universe wouldn't really fit with the rest of the game, but having them visit Battu on a vacation? That fits in just fine. It's a sci-fi pack and a theme park pack all in one. After all, many real people went to Galaxy's Edge on vacation last year, didn't they?

Also, Battu is already kind of set up like a TS4 world. While the land isn't exactly "divided", there are three distinct areas that could very easily be separate "neighborhoods", and one of them is a central marketplace much like the one in the Magic Realm, with small market stalls selling different types of items. I can totally see building a droid being a thing (again, they would probably work similarly to the familiars from Realm of Magic except...on the ground.) Lightsabers could work similarly to magic wands, living in a Sims's inventory most of the time until they want to show them off or equip them with different crystals to change the color. There's also the idea of having an "allegiance" in Galaxy's Edge-you either help the Resistance, help the First Order, or become a Smuggler-kind of like the different types of magic. Only instead of meeting the 3 magic sages, you meet different character NPCs who guide you. (Actually, come to think of it, the bones of Realm of Magic could provide a pretty firm foundation for this if it's real.)

From the Disney/Lucasfilm side of things, this would be just one of several attempts to keep Galaxy's Edge in the public consciousness while their theme parks are either closed or otherwise inaccessible to many potential guests due to the ongoing pandemic. A line of formally exclusive Galaxy's Edge merchandise was recently released to Target. An "Art of Galaxy's Edge" book, as well as several narrative books detailing the lore of Battu, were recently published. A pack where you can take virtual vacations to Battu (without any pesky pandemics to impact the experience) seems right up their alley too. It's all designed to get people excited to visit Galaxy's Edge as the theme parks re-open. (I wouldn't be surprised if, assuming Battu is a vacation world, the "accommodations" end up being some sort of replica of the hotel they were building in Florida-possibly in a 4th neighborhood set in space above Battu.)

Honestly, as someone who counts Star Wars, Disney parks, and The Sims among my top interests, this would be a very exciting pack for me-but I do recognize it would be very unappealing for others. We'll just have to wait and see.

doesn't the magic realm have three moons ? maybe its a fantasy world
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Thornwood wrote: »
    > @simmerLella said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > Uhhhhh, I KNOW that means trademark AND ... uhhhh, NO! Star Wars is NOT the future, so they'd be showing some serious ignorance, which would be embarrassing and oh, so cringey!
    >
    > I take the trademark as being a silly joke, I don't know about what though. It seems like it's supposed to be some company's tagline, poking fun somehow, not sure how.
    >
    > It CAN'T be Star Wars unless they had a big brain fart. And no one really needs THAT phrase to show the trademark, so IRL they don't need it there. Yes it can be a hint at _A_ trademark or _A_ brand, but it's VERY unclear what. Star Was was "a long time ago," PERIOD (well, not yet period, "in a galaxy far, far away," then perhaps period, haha.)

Based on Sims seems to do easter eggs, saying the future when SW traditionally is set a long time ago, is there kind of funny and cutesy way of things.

Not to mention a long time ago in that galaxies history, doesn't mean it wouldn't be the future time for another galaxy or planet. Plus, funfact, Star Wars is classified as being a "Futuristic Franchise", so it's not a lie. But also not enough to swipe away at Star Wars especially when EA owning the gaming rights makes it the perfect tie in.

Which, I hope they tie in SW, if for no other reason then to tie in Mass Effect and Dragon Age later down the line.

OK, but I won't start believing that The Sims 4 is set in the past and they came up with all this Simstagram, etc., stuff long ago and whatnot, haha. For me, it'll still be based on modern Earth/mostly America, and that's that.

Otherwise, fair points but that'd be even more annoying from them than I'd expect, haha. I should expect even less, hehe.

I don't think the point is that the SIMS is in the past. It's that the Star Wars galaxy is entirely in the future, but it starts out "A long time ago" for that particular galaxy, that galaxy's a long time ago, is still in the future of our galaxy type thing. In fact,apparently the original line (which was changed) was "A long time ago, in the not-too-distant future". (I don't know if there is truth to that, never seen the movies, but have been told this by a huge star wars fan friend haha) I do remember that before the Star Wars Land in Disney was opened, Star Wars attractions always took place in the section of Disney called "Tomorrowland" which is geared towards the future.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    @simmerLella the TM means trademark which only would make sense to me if it's in relation to another franchise that needs it there for legal purposes. That was honestly the nail in the coffin (so to speak) of why I think this is going to be a Star Wars pack.

Uhhhhh, I KNOW that means trademark AND ... uhhhh, NO! Star Wars is NOT the future, so they'd be showing some serious ignorance, which would be embarrassing and oh, so cringey!

I take the trademark as being a silly joke, I don't know about what though. It seems like it's supposed to be some company's tagline, poking fun somehow, not sure how.

It CAN'T be Star Wars unless they had a big brain fart. And no one really needs THAT phrase to show the trademark, so IRL they don't need it there. Yes it can be a hint at _A_ trademark or _A_ brand, but it's VERY unclear what. Star Was was "a long time ago," PERIOD (well, not yet period, "in a galaxy far, far away," then perhaps period, haha.)

It is a joke. Here's the UD definition:

Describes something that we are told is coming soon (game updates, TV shows, etc.) but we have heard it enough times to know better. Whoever is saying x event will occur soon is considered to own the trademark on the word because they have used it so many times.

That sounds like the devs poking fun of them not being able to say what packs are coming when until weeks/a month before release.
  • BatmanFanGirlBatmanFanGirl Posts: 1,298 Member
    Ah ,well I'm an old person so I'm not hip to some of the slang going on out there. My apologies.
    heartstopper-couple.gif
  • simmerLellasimmerLella Posts: 612 Member
    edited August 2020
    > @simmerLella said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > Uhhhhh, I KNOW that means trademark AND ... uhhhh, NO! Star Wars is NOT the future, so they'd be showing some serious ignorance, which would be embarrassing and oh, so cringey!
    >
    > I take the trademark as being a silly joke, I don't know about what though. It seems like it's supposed to be some company's tagline, poking fun somehow, not sure how.
    >
    > It CAN'T be Star Wars unless they had a big brain fart. And no one really needs THAT phrase to show the trademark, so IRL they don't need it there. Yes it can be a hint at _A_ trademark or _A_ brand, but it's VERY unclear what. Star Was was "a long time ago," PERIOD (well, not yet period, "in a galaxy far, far away," then perhaps period, haha.)

Based on Sims seems to do easter eggs, saying the future when SW traditionally is set a long time ago, is there kind of funny and cutesy way of things.

Not to mention a long time ago in that galaxies history, doesn't mean it wouldn't be the future time for another galaxy or planet. Plus, funfact, Star Wars is classified as being a "Futuristic Franchise", so it's not a lie. But also not enough to swipe away at Star Wars especially when EA owning the gaming rights makes it the perfect tie in.

Which, I hope they tie in SW, if for no other reason then to tie in Mass Effect and Dragon Age later down the line.

OK, but I won't start believing that The Sims 4 is set in the past and they came up with all this Simstagram, etc., stuff long ago and whatnot, haha. For me, it'll still be based on modern Earth/mostly America, and that's that.

Otherwise, fair points but that'd be even more annoying from them than I'd expect, haha. I should expect even less, hehe.

I don't think the point is that the SIMS is in the past. It's that the Star Wars galaxy is entirely in the future, but it starts out "A long time ago" for that particular galaxy, that galaxy's a long time ago, is still in the future of our galaxy type thing. In fact,apparently the original line (which was changed) was "A long time ago, in the not-too-distant future". (I don't know if there is truth to that, never seen the movies, but have been told this by a huge star wars fan friend haha) I do remember that before the Star Wars Land in Disney was opened, Star Wars attractions always took place in the section of Disney called "Tomorrowland" which is geared towards the future.

The point someone was making WAS that to some "realities" a long time ago would be THEIR future, and if that's true for The Sims, then that'd mean THE SIMS 4 would be in the past, by that logic. Come on. Someone had to have been either suggesting TS4 could be in the past OR the "point" would be MOOT.

The writing at the beginning of Star Wars is for us, not for the characters. Mixing that up doesn't make sense. They probably intended to "flip the script" by making technologically advanced things in the past for distant people, to kind of blow people's minds a little. That's part of the fun and set it further apart from Star Trek.

The rumored original line IS quirky but makes no sense and I don't think leads to a fair argument.

Disney might have placed some attraction in Tomorrowland either out of ignorance or that just fitting in better, but later on* they had a Star Wars attraction at Epcot. They just want similar feeling things together, and I don't think that's a good defense.

Anyway, all I'm saying is that line from the Future Cube would be a TERRIBLE hint for Star Wars, which they might have done, but I won't start thinking it'd be a GOOD hint for Star Wars.

*ETA: I could have sworn the Star Wars ride at Epcot was as old as dirty by the 2000s, but ... did they move it or are we confused?? ... Epcot might not be very old, so it makes sense if they moved the ride.
    "Challenge everything"
    My Game Twitter
    tumblr_inline_pwgxs3dfiz1t4sbjh_500.jpg
    EA, fix the EA app & CAW EIG!
  • sauceytomatosauceytomato Posts: 1 New Member
    I swear to God if we get a Starwars pack im gonna sue!
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    logion wrote: »
    AnnLee87 wrote: »
    Someone said that simguru Duke said it was not a theme pack. I looked on Twitter and did not find confirmation.

Here you go:

That was before the June EP so a Themepark can't be ruled out for this Gamepack.
  • BatmanFanGirlBatmanFanGirl Posts: 1,298 Member
    @catloverplayer I don't know.... I think they would have had to been working on it at least that long. How long are they working on a pack? My guess would be at least a year?
    heartstopper-couple.gif
  • IvyeyedIvyeyed Posts: 358 Member
    Thetford wrote: »
    Slightly related, but with the earlier talk of underwater and moon bases, I do wonder if people would be receptive to a hostile environment themed pack where your sim runs and maintains a research/colony base such as in Antarctica, underwater or on a moon etc and they have to make sure that systems are maintained, there is enough food/oxygen etc, while having to change into a snow/diving/space suit to conduct research in the field, which could include exploring crashed UFOs, shipwrecks, lost cities, alien ruins etc like the Omiscan Temple..

Just for the record: I would LOVE a pack like this. I hope we get something like it one day. Especially if the world starts out mostly empty and you can’t travel away from it, but as you develop it it gets less hostile (but! I would want developing it to take a long time! not like the quick turn around of Eco Living, but at LEAST a Sim’s whole life, if not multiple generations - like developing a Mars colony or the bottom of the ocean or Antarctica. With a small team that’s stuck together at the start that grows into a less dangerous experience over time.)

Sometimes I stream.

This EA account is shared between two longtime roommates. The one most likely to be writing here is me, the taller of the roommates, whose opinions do not always represent the opinions of the shorter roommate.
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    > @simmerLella said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    >
    >

The point someone was making WAS that to some "realities" a long time ago would be THEIR future, and if that's true for The Sims, then that'd mean THE SIMS 4 would be in the past, by that logic. Come on. Someone had to have been either suggesting TS4 could be in the past OR the "point" would be MOOT.

The writing at the beginning of Star Wars is for us, not for the characters. Mixing that up doesn't make sense. They probably intended to "flip the script" by making technologically advanced things in the past for distant people, to kind of blow people's minds a little. That's part of the fun and set it further apart from Star Trek.

The rumored original line IS quirky but makes no sense and I don't think leads to a fair argument.

Disney might have placed some attraction in Tomorrowland either out of ignorance or that just fitting in better, but later on* they had a Star Wars attraction at Epcot. They just want similar feeling things together, and I don't think that's a good defense.

Anyway, all I'm saying is that line from the Future Cube would be a TERRIBLE hint for Star Wars, which they might have done, but I won't start thinking it'd be a GOOD hint for Star Wars.

*ETA: I could have sworn the Star Wars ride at Epcot was as old as dirty by the 2000s, but ... did they move it or are we confused?? ... Epcot might not be very old, so it makes sense if they moved the ride.

Sorry, I meant Disneyland, not Disneyworld. I have no idea where Star Wars was at Disneyworld, I've never been there. When I think "Disney" I automatically think of the California park.

I've always understood it as..
    Timeline

Our Now (Sims time)
    Star Wars Galaxy Start = Our Future
    Star Wars Movie Timeline = Further Future retelling Galaxy Start time. They might be telling to us but from THEIR point of view, where it feels like a Long Time Ago because a LONG TIME has passed. For the narrator, it was a long time ago. This is how I've always understood it, and it makes the rumoured line make perfect sense.

That being said, I've never seen the movies so happily accept being corrected, I"ll take your word they are in the past haha! I was combining the knowledge that the ride is in tomorrowland (or was, haven't been to Disney in over a decade since I don't live in USA) and my own understanding of the line that isn't really based on anything tbh haha! One day (maybe soon) I'll have to watch the movies myself.

Either way, maybe the future hints had nothing to do with this pack and only to do with the fact that it's the future cube you use to get them. I still believe from the icon and the baby yoda that the pack will be star wars related.

• nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    I'm thinking space, because it looks like a night sky, werewolves, because it looks like there's a full moon, or a winter activities themed pack, because it looks like there's mountains (and reminds me a lot of night skiing, I went a lot as a kid).

Space seems most likely, which I can't say I'm disappointed about, but this really is an extremely generic design that could almost be anything. Super excited to see what it ends up being.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• lulicanaleslulicanales Posts: 54 Member
    Hi! Maybe if we look at the next tweet? Like he posted to pictures the same day and maybe the idea was “the cradle pic—> the mistery hint”

Think about it:
    - Space/Stars background
    - Two t-shirts in the background (he specifically said he has the right one, the dark one) and the other belongs to her daughter
    - Darth Vader is a close translation to Dark Father in german, and darth vader also uses the dark side of the force
    - Darth Vader’s child follows the lighter path
  • troshalomtroshalom Posts: 1,095 Member
    They pulled the graphic with the icon. It is still in the others, just darkened.

So here is another theory: Underwater mermaid world and the three circles are submarines
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,422 Member
    Someone said that simguru Duke said it was not a theme pack. I looked on Twitter and did not find confirmation.

Here you go:

That was before the June EP so a Themepark can't be ruled out for this Gamepack.

If it were a theme park, I would expect another icon, more theme park related like a coller coaster or a ferris wheel. Linking a theme park and star wars in one pack, would only allow one very specific attraction for a theme park. I hope if we ever get a theme park it will be full theme park, not just a park with one scifi setting.

If they are doing star wars, I hope sims can actually go to the planets (something we can't do in real life) , not just a theme park about it (people can go there in real life) .

Here you go:

I think if they were not working on it then its unlikely that would only give them five months
    to work on the pack
    Atreya33 wrote: »

Here you go:

If it were a theme park, I would expect another icon, more theme park related like a coller coaster or a ferris wheel. Linking a theme park and star wars in one pack, would only allow one very specific attraction for a theme park. I hope if we ever get a theme park it will be full theme park, not just a park with one scifi setting.

If they are doing star wars, I hope sims can actually go to the planets (something we can't do in real life) , not just a theme park about it (people can go there in real life) .

I feel the same
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,457 Member
    @Thetford wrote: »

I love it!
    @Thetford wrote: »

I love it!

me to I hope we hear something about this tomorrow
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,457 Member
    edited August 2020

Here you go:

@catloverplayer, SGDuke said that ‘Themepark’ -which referred to the Gamepack mentioned in the very first tweet- is not a pack idea they’re working on. What is more interesting is what he said in the tweet before that:

’We need a new plan SGNinja, she already guessed themepark’.

What we could take from that comment is this:

She didn’t guess the pack is a themepark pack, but whatever she guessed has to do with a themepark.
    SW’ Galaxy’s Edge is an attraction specifically designed for a themepark.

Also note that SGNinja didn’t respond to any of the tweets. Probably getting nervous. :#

• mspr1ntmspr1nt Posts: 51 Member
    Just going to float this as an alternative theory. All evidence seems to point to Star Wars, sure...but a different perspective is always fun, right?

1. The French chef pig... the French flag has three colours. Elope + romance = Paris?

2. The three dots, somebody noted how there is some Asian architecture feel to it. A few years ago, there was a story about how China wants three artificial moons as a way to save on light sources.

Way out there, I know. But like I sai, perspective is fun :-)
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Still keeping all my fingers crossed that my sims will be able to live in outer space!

Or underwater <3

Trying to keep from getting too invested but this would be oh so perfect for me. I played SWTOR during BETA and lived in that MMO until they stopped updating the personal stories that included the followers.
  • SthenastiaSthenastia Posts: 651 Member
    Overall I see similarity to polish weather observatory in this icon:

15-22-45-2636.jpg

30g18.jpg

Moon_Base.jpg

• crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,376 Member
    Sthenastia wrote: »
    Overall I see similarity to polish weather observatory in this icon:

I love the look of that building. Might make a nice restaurant in the Sims.
  • GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    edited August 2020
    Curved walls 😻