Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Orient Express community collab

Comments

• suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    edited July 2020
    Hello :) I thought I'd just pop in and let you all know I'm working away (quietly) on my Venice residential lot. I'm not sure why 40x40 seems so large in Venice, but it does! and I have a ways to go getting it filled up in a somewhat coordinated fashion. It's been so long since I've worked on an OE build that I'm having even more trouble that usual remembering what I can and can't use, so I'm thinking I may put up a "test" here sometime soon to see what's in there that shouldn't be. :D I've been going around the other Venice lots to see if anyone used something I was thinking about because I can't tab away from my game anymore without it crashing. Definitely past time for me to get my little laptop running on the side here, because I hate having to close and reopen the game all the time to check anything out.

Hope you are all well. :)

Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • soocoolsimsoocoolsim Posts: 6,261 Member
    edited July 2020
    Yay glad you’re still working on your Venice lot @suzses . Yes, it can be quite challenging figuring out what’s in and out. I’ve had to put aside the builds I’ve started to instead work on other projects and personal priorities. Plus enjoying the outdoors instead of sitting at the computer has been a big draw lol. Hope to get back on my London bar in about a week or so.

My family and I are doing well. Hope you and everyone are staying safe while still grappling with this upside down world 🌸
  • seabenseaben Posts: 631 Member
    I'm still not doing well but I'm glad to see people are still working on this world.
    my sims 3 shell challenges https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/974534/the-sims-3-shell-challenge-corner-challenge-4-due-july-31th/p1 or check out my sims blog https://seabensims.wordpress.com/ my Wishlist is seaben06 on the sims 3 store and my oid is also seaben06
    @seaben Hang in there, friend. I hope things are looking up for you soon.

@soocoolsim I'm glad you have some nice summer weather to enjoy. You have to take advantage of that while you can. Here, it's been too hot most days for a couple weeks at least - seems more like forever LOL - so I have been finding the computer spot more pleasant than the great outdoors, at least until around 8 pm. I do love summer, but more like 70-80 degree summer, and not 90+.
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    edited July 2020
    suzses wrote: »
    Hello :) I thought I'd just pop in and let you all know I'm working away (quietly) on my Venice residential lot. I'm not sure why 40x40 seems so large in Venice, but it does! and I have a ways to go getting it filled up in a somewhat coordinated fashion. It's been so long since I've worked on an OE build that I'm having even more trouble that usual remembering what I can and can't use, so I'm thinking I may put up a "test" here sometime soon to see what's in there that shouldn't be. :D I've been going around the other Venice lots to see if anyone used something I was thinking about because I can't tab away from my game anymore without it crashing. Definitely past time for me to get my little laptop running on the side here, because I hate having to close and reopen the game all the time to check anything out.

Hope you are all well. :)

@suzses, something that works for me is keeping an eye of the compositor files. When the first reaches 100,000, then I know I'm done CASting and must save and quit my game. The other file - simcompositor - can climb toward 500,000. So I try to save after it's at 350,000 and then finish what I'm working on before saving and then quitting. This works magic for me. The only files I'm deleting after quitting are those two and the logs files; and, of course, my older saves. The only others I delete are the .tmp files every time I use the launcher. Of course, if you can't hit the windows button to check your documents files, that won't help you much either.
    @ciane I always delete my cache files before starting up my game (and sometimes other things), but mine never grow large like yours do. Not sure why that is. Even if my game has been open for 30 seconds, and I drop the screen, it will crash. Ever since I've had Windows 10, the windows key has allowed the screen to drop from full screen mode, and for a long time, that wasn't an issue. Then, suddenly it was, so you're right that I can't use it to check file sizes. I no longer ever drop screen with the windows key on purpose, but sometimes I miss the alt and do it by accident.
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • 60smusicluvr60smusicluvr Posts: 1,982 Member
    edited July 2020
    Its funny you say that, @suzses. The main reason why i did my one and done with the salon is because it was a little bit hard to keep up with the content we can and cannot use from the store. :D Regardless, I've been keeping up with most of the things you all have been making for the world and I love them so. <3 The only problem when it's all done is that I don't think the world is something my computer will be able to handle. I would have to find a pretty powerful laptop for that or wait out longer for a desktop, when i have the space, but it's all good. :blush: Just be sure to post pictures of all the beautiful lots and the beautiful surroundings of this collaborative project and I'm happy. :star:
    I've still been working away on my Venice lot, which is something I think I could continue to do FOREVER and not really be satisfied. It's just one of those builds for me.

The lot sits back from the road at an angle to the road, and so it seemed best to me to use the natural terrain paint of the Venice area around the lot edges, and well, most of the outdoor spaces ended up that way. That seems fine to me as long as the lot is IN the OE world's Venice, but if you plunk it down somewhere else, like with grass, it's lacking. I was thinking about putting up two versions of it, one to be used on the lot it's built for and one for anywhere else.

Couple WIP pictures with and without added terrain paint: https://imgur.com/a/zDzvQGW

Any feedback would really be appreciated.
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • HidehiHidehi Posts: 1,109 Member

Hi @suzses :)

first of all WOW!!! ... that's an absolutely awesome looking build!!! <3
    I agree with you that it may be better to have both versions. The way the first blends into the Venice terrain is fabulous for the OE world but anywhere else it may not look quite right.
    Maybe you could use an external site like MediaFire to upload the lot for Jessabeans and all of us involved in the project to add to Venice and put the other one up to the Exchange for general download :)
    Beautiful build @suzses . I love the curb appeal. Having both versions also sounds like a good idea to me. Perhaps for the exchange version you don’t need the added terrain paint at the sides... just the driveway section? Works either way though. Looking forward to seeing the interior 😀
  • SandraelleSandraelle Posts: 6,146 Member
    @suzses, Wow, that is a spectacular looking Venice home, loving it! I agree with perhaps putting up two versions. The grass parts you added looks great against both terrains! :)
    Thanks everyone. I think I'll take a copy of it somewhere grassy and decide on what to do with the sides. I wanted you to see the lot edges there, and also there are gates with walkways along both sides of the house right past where you can see much that made me ambivalent about what those sides should be.

I still intend to put up a test upload on the exchange to see what comes up as Store content, probably today or tomorrow. It will be the one without the extra terrain paint, and I won't leave it up for more than a couple days. I do hope the interiors come off ok. lol I've been changing, changing and changing things in there because I never think it's right. I keep wondering if it looks like Venice or not for one thing. Also, since I kind of made this up as I went, building the house around the pool and bridge, it gets odd in a few spots, which I'm hoping makes it "interesting." lol
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
    @suzses, that Venice lot is adorable! <3
    I went ahead and put up my 'test' on the exchange so it would show the Store content. I do see a couple things I know need to go, a couple I'm not sure about and need to check, and only one thing that's really a problem for me that I don't think anyone has used: the Nantucket fence, which I chose because it matched the Last Venue bridge fencing well. I'm sure I can find something else, though.

If you want to take a look at it, I'm going to leave it up until probably around Monday sometime. It's the version using the Venice terrain.

https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9406912
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • JessabeansJessabeans Posts: 3,714 Member
    That looks gorgeous so far @suzses, sorry keeping track of the store content is such a mess.
  • equuestequuest Posts: 718 Member
    @seaben I hope that things will get better for you.

I love the lot so far @suzses it looks beautiful!
  • equuestequuest Posts: 718 Member
    I've lost the inspiration to work on decorating the apartment lot for France. I'm not sure what to do as of now because I've opened the game several times just to look at it and close the game again. :( Does anyone have advice to deal with builder's block?

I hear you @equuest . I felt the same about my bar. Had to step away from it while I handled other priorities then lost incentive. To get back into the mood, I first went through a bunch of Google photos until I felt inspired enough to go in game. It became easier to keep going and chip away at it after that. Final result is a blend referencing actual pics and my imagination but I’m just about ready to wrap up. Long story short... perhaps looking at photos might stir your creative juices. Good luck!
  • seabenseaben Posts: 631 Member
    Wow @suzses your lot looks so perfect and detailed I like the Venice version but I wonder if it would fit in anywhere else with other terrain paint because it looks so much like it's supposed be there I think you should upload both versions because what would be the harm people don't have to download the version they don't like and it's nice to have the option
    my sims 3 shell challenges https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/974534/the-sims-3-shell-challenge-corner-challenge-4-due-july-31th/p1 or check out my sims blog https://seabensims.wordpress.com/ my Wishlist is seaben06 on the sims 3 store and my oid is also seaben06
    seaben wrote: »
    Wow @suzses your lot looks so perfect and detailed I like the Venice version but I wonder if it would fit in anywhere else with other terrain paint because it looks so much like it's supposed be there I think you should upload both versions because what would be the harm people don't have to download the version they don't like and it's nice to have the option

Thanks, seaben. It won't fit in anywhere else, that's why I'm making the second version. :) Both are almost ready now.
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
    edited August 2020
    Great to see you here @Jessabeans !
    Hope everyone is doing well :smiley:

So... I've finally wrapped up another London build. This one is a dance club inspired by an actual pub in Mayfair, London called Coach and Horses, however I did my own thing with the interior. Level 1 includes the main bar, Level 2 includes a disco and outdoor bar and Level 3 includes a lounge with stage and pool table. Male and female washrooms are included on all levels and the plumbing has been upgraded to unbreakable. Hope you like it :smile:

Download ***** Pictures
    hJX2LL7.jpg

Also a WIP of the London Tower Bridge. This build is basically completed however upload is pending the next world update so I can test to ensure sims and cars don't get stuck. I'm slowly getting further along in wrapping up my claims :smile:
    hwtRTc5.jpg
    Post edited by soocoolsim on
    @soocoolsim, the nightclub looks amazing! I love it.

The London Tower Bridge also looks wonderful. <3
    Love your Dark Horse Nightclub @soocoolsim. The name for it is perfect and it looks like lots of fun. The bridge is looking fabulous as well. Can't wait to see it finished. :)
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top