Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Odds and Ends What would you choose?

i have felt happy with the sims 4 overall but some things i miss so just for fun, I thought i would share mine and hope you share yours.
I miss slow dancing so much. Remember how lovely that was for weddings ..anniversaries....romantic moments?
I miss bed cuddles....sims should be able to cuddle and comfort each other before going to sleep. Was it sims 2 that had that? it was so awesome!
I miss nursery furniture like cribs and the changing table..bathing new borns in kitchen sinks and going for walks in a stroller. I miss the "free" babies.
There is a few more things ..but how fun to see what other folks miss and would love to see. maybe we won't ever see that in this series but we can dream.

Comments

• MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Drums
    tumblr_n10p9qNewQ1to382so1_400.gif
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • CheesySimsLoverCheesySimsLover Posts: 258 Member
    edited August 2020
    Bathing babies in the sink (Sims 2)
    Being able to interact with babies beyond the bassinet.
    The crib for toddlers and babies. I love toddler beds, but bring back the crib!!
    Bunk beds.

I also miss teens from Sims 2/3. Teens could get acne in Sims 2. I have a mod that adds that, but it’d be nice if there were more for teens in Sims 4.

—A family player
  • amberlunezamberlunez Posts: 52 Member
    Prom! Graduation, teens being able to sneak out, etc. Being able to form bands with other sims. Normal telescopes.
  • Colorist40Colorist40 Posts: 7,103 Member
    house boats, going into the future, having babies via time machine, kids playing together, horses, the kraken.
  • Alwe1507Alwe1507 Posts: 328 Member
    edited August 2020
    Movotti wrote: »
    Drums

Drums, Bass, Guitar...plus bringing a band together!

Police.

Frat and Sophomore houses.

Building Apartments TS2 style.

Neighbourhood Album per World...plus Family Photo Album. Without these, my Simming is less of a story.

Cars!
    Post edited by Alwe1507 on
  • wickichickwickichick Posts: 11,130 Member
    i remember when the teens could sneek out of the house...it was hard getting back home and not getting caught...i also remember when the sims could sit in their car and listen to the radio...and i do recall having an album pictures could go to...haven't thought about that for awhile. The houseboats were fun too..i remember the first one i took out on the water..the couple spent the night on the ocean sleeping in their cozy houseboat ..the sound of the Kraken was scary ...i had to laugh at myself!
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,425 Member
    I miss
    - doing groceries (sims 2)
    - having a limited wardrobe and buying clothes, not an unlimited free wardrobe (sims 2)
    - bathing babies (sims 2)
    - the need for a changing table, diapers lying around if you don't use it (sims 2)
    - small telescopes (sims 1, 2 and 3)
    - pet dragons (sims 1 making magic and sims 3 store)
    - real plantsims (sims 2 and 3)
    - editing neighbourhoods and adding lots (sims 2 and 3)
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Atm what i miss more is a tool to write my sim's stories in game, with the ability to add screenshots. It would also be cool if we could write the neighbourhood stories too.
  • Alwe1507Alwe1507 Posts: 328 Member
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    I miss
    - having a limited wardrobe and buying clothes, not an unlimited free wardrobe (sims 2)
    - the need for a changing table, diapers lying around if you don't use it (sims 2)

The Sims 2 has been the best version of this game, by far 😔
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,425 Member
    Alwe1507 wrote: »
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    I miss

The Sims 2 has been the best version of this game, by far 😔

It was good because it had a very solid base to start from and a lot of attention to detail (sims opening drawers and car doors) . But when I return now, there are things from sims 4 I will miss like CAS, rooms, search bar in buy mode, the ability to walk off lot in the neighbourhoods...
  • haneulhaneul Posts: 1,953 Member
    I miss
    Sims 2 style memories
    The difference dancing types (slow dancing, bar dancing, children dancing on toes)
    Pillow fights, catch and other easy games sims could play that were well animated (unlike the Sims 4 water balloon fight)
    Nectar making and how insanely complicated/open-end the process was
    Ballet skill
    Bands
    Showtime careers
  • IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    > @Atreya33 said:
    > I miss
    > - doing groceries (sims 2)
    > - having a limited wardrobe and buying clothes, not an unlimited free wardrobe (sims 2)
    > - bathing babies (sims 2)
    > - the need for a changing table, diapers lying around if you don't use it (sims 2)
    > - small telescopes (sims 1, 2 and 3)
    > - pet dragons (sims 1 making magic and sims 3 store)
    > - real plantsims (sims 2 and 3)
    > - editing neighbourhoods and adding lots (sims 2 and 3)

All that, plus teen acne and the cuddling and romantic dancing stuff they had in sims 2. those interactions made the romance aspect so special, especially when they snuggled on the couch autonomously. I miss needing to save up to buy clothes when you wanted to do a makeover on your sim, and buying food. i loved the plantsims in sims 2.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited August 2020
    I miss memories and attraction.
    Real babies.
    Snow that had depth and looked realistic to the weather conditions.
    Slow dancing.
    Cuddling.
    Children dancing on parents feet.
    Proper holiday destinations with hotels and fun things to do.
    Teens that look like teens and not just skinny young adults.
    Proper family relationships, cousins, aunts and uncles. Sims knowing who their family is even if they don't live in the same house.

All the little extra details that we never get in TS4. Things like opening cupboards when cooking, NPC's appearing with their vehicles parked outside, none of this rubbish teleporting nonsense we have now.

I miss the effort and quality that was present in the earlier iterations of the Sims games before EA came along. It's missing from TS4 and it's real shame because it could be so much better than it is. I enjoy the game very much but at the same time it frustrates me that I know they can do better this, because they have done better in the past quality wise.
    Wow! This is like a stroll down memory lane...some of you do such a good job recalling what went with which pack...the sims 2 is such a distant memory for me...one of the things with the sims 2 however was how you could place a lot in so many places...you could really get that sense of being off the grid using that lot tool ...in the sims 3 ..i recall things better...i did love the babies ..and i would combine the diaper genie from sims 2 and put that in the sims 3..i would also like to take the sims 4 knitting and take that to the sims 3 because unless you used mods you could not dress your baby ...i liked grocery shopping also...loved that you could get groceries delivered ...i miss that sometimes in winter (sims 3) your kids would get to stay home because of a snow storm..such a cozy feeling having the family at home with the winds blowing and a fire going. I do so miss many of the romantic interactions ..it is very lacking in sims 4. I forgot about kids being able to dance on the feet of an adult...that was sweetness. Definitely the teens that were shorter and skinnier then the adults...you could tell a teen apart from the adult. Sometimes in the sims 4 you see a good looking guy walk by and check him out and discover he is a teen..it is a little bit of a creepy feeling.
    1. I miss the destinations in the sims 3 Jungle Adventure...it was so much fun to have your sim travel to destinations that perhaps in your real life you would never get to see. France ...China...and whatever the dessert one was called ...each was so rich in what you could find there. Your sim could definitely have a vacation home. That was so nice.
    2. Movotti...your sim could have a right proper band. There was the piano..drums..guitar and was it a chello or a violin?
    3. i do recall in the sims 2 how you could go shopping and purchase an outfit that then would appear in your cas ..i did like the store system a lot then as well.
    4. it is lovely recalling the things past packs could do and thinking of what would you choose to be in the current version...lol who would not want them all?
  • KruegerKrueger Posts: 130 Member
    The matchmaker was fun, I would love to see her make a return.
  • Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 786 Member
    Having birds,reptiles,horses and fish as pets(Sims 1 and Sims 3)

Create-a-World(Sims 2 style)

Create-a-Style(Sims 3)

Horoscopes(Sims 1)

Meaningful traits(Sims 1-Sims 3)

Having REAL apartments(like in Sims 2)

The multi-purpose community lots(Sims 1-Sims 3)

Sims with actual personality(Sims 1-Sims 3)

Sims taking only 10 seconds to eat(Sims 1-Sims 3)

Having well-made elders who don't drop dead if they do activities(Sims 2 and Sims 3)

Controlling your pets(Sims 3)

Having well-made neighborhoods that actaully have more than 4-5 tiny lots(Sims 1-Sims 3)

Neighborhoods that don't have pointless decor buildings everywhere(Sims 1-Sims 3)

Having a game that isn't so childish and immature(Sims 1-Sims 3)

Why do you hide inside these walls?
  • AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member
    edited August 2020
    - I miss an open world where I could go everywhere without loading screens.
    - I miss cars and motorcycles and scooters in that open world.
    - I miss houseboats in that open world. I miss cruising around on the ocean visiting different islands on my houseboat in that open world.
    - I miss underwater scuba diving.
    - I miss customizing my worlds/neighbourhoods.
    - I miss worlds large enough that you could build several homes PLUS each type of community lot to make each world feel complete.
    - I miss building my own apartment buildings and multi-home lots (like trailer parks).
    - I miss multi-use lots.
    - I miss terraforming tools that let us make our own ponds.
    - I miss colourwheels and customized pattern options.
    - I miss controlling my pets and knowing their needs.
    - I miss chickens and cows and horses.
    - I miss in-ground hot tubs.
    - I miss pool waterslides and diving boards.
    - I miss bunk beds.
    - I miss spiral staircases.
    - I miss pool tables and normal telescopes.
    - I miss pizza ovens and baker's stations and trash compactors.

My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    I miss the garden. It grew awesome plants not piles of dirt. We grew watermelon, pumpkin and so much more.
  • AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member
    I miss the garden. It grew awesome plants not piles of dirt. We grew watermelon, pumpkin and so much more.

LOL.

I miss my sim being able to watch a movie,
    .... and have that movie not get stuck in an endless loop,
    .... forcing me to manually end that movie before my sim dies of starvation.
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
    i thought the cars and motorcycles in sims 3 was nice .....i was ok with the open world ...but then my sims 3 game worked pretty well where for some it didn't. i miss having the stone hearth ovens for pizza and bread that was fun...i did have a nice farm ..you could purchase a tractor from the sims 3 store and that really added to your farm experience ..we had cows and chickens and a bunch of crops. this was excellent family style play and that is among my favorites. i will say that saves in the sims 4 have a longer duration it seems to me. I did like the gardening in the sims 3...with the open markets and additional things that were part of the garden ..there was that shed ..i am not sure anymore what did we use it for though.
    i think that bug with watching the movie maybe came with eco living....i don't have that issue but i never purchased eco living and i thought that was a bug associated with that expansion pack
  • kemowerykemowery Posts: 371 Member
    Not much from Sims 1.

Tons of stuff from Sims 2: different styles of dancing, kids playing tag or Mary Mack with each other, being able to start a completely blank neighborhood and add any size lots, the plastic surgery machine (sure, I can do it with cheats, but ...), actual telescopes rather than the observatory.

From Sims 3: The open world, being able to raise or lower the ground right up to the walls so you could make a walk-out basement, all of the supernatural options from the Supernatural pack (I really miss werewolves and fairies), the wide variety of worlds.
    omg i forgot all about mary mack...yes that was cute and we do need more actions for kids ...i def want different styles of dancing..but my favorite want is slow dancing...i forgot about the plastic machine too..that was cute also. the sims 3 was a lot of fun i would agree there is lots of things from that series that i miss but the sims 4 seems to work better for the majority of folks where with the sims 3 that wasn't true
  • kemowerykemowery Posts: 371 Member
    > @wickichick said:
    > the sims 3 was a lot of fun i would agree there is lots of things from that series that i miss but the sims 4 seems to work better for the majority of folks where with the sims 3 that wasn't true

Absolutely. The thing I definitely don't miss from The Sims 3 was that the load times made the game almost unplayable, since eventually I think the game was creating memory leaks left and right, and it took--no lie--almost an hour to load a game. I couldn't just play; I had to plan ahead to play the game.