Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is it just me or does anyone else want a farm pack?

Comments

• Marduc_PlaysMarduc_Plays Posts: 416 Member
    Hell no!
    crocobaura wrote: »
    No. Because (all from my perspective) it will most likely be restricted to interacting with clunky objects, or, even if they make no objects out of animals, who wants 2 Sims, 2 goats, 2 chicken and 2 cows in his Family? And what to do with the harvest? As long as the cooking system isn't totally overhauled it doesn't make any sense for me, and a button "Sell XYZ to Farmers Market" is just unsatisfying. Also they won't give it 10 new 50x50 or 64x64 lots or alike to build proper Farms (good luck building it on a 20x30...) as well as we won't get an animated harvester vehicle for propable fields, so the Sim will just do the "swipe" animation on a 5x5 field item. Ugh, no thanks.

I'd rather have them invest their time on a Generations, Elders, Ambitions or a Winter Vacation Pack or pretty much anything else

Maybe they'll add a scythe for manual harvesting instead of an industrial harvester. Personally, I don't want huge harvestable fields because sims already harvest way too many vegetables from their plants. Can't imagine what they will do with that many vegetables, especially if they will continue to produce harvest every day.

That's exactly one of my points. You can do only so much with harvestables.
    Parcour - the art of jumping to conclusions.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,374 Member
    Yes yes yes!
    crocobaura wrote: »
    No. Because (all from my perspective) it will most likely be restricted to interacting with clunky objects, or, even if they make no objects out of animals, who wants 2 Sims, 2 goats, 2 chicken and 2 cows in his Family? And what to do with the harvest? As long as the cooking system isn't totally overhauled it doesn't make any sense for me, and a button "Sell XYZ to Farmers Market" is just unsatisfying. Also they won't give it 10 new 50x50 or 64x64 lots or alike to build proper Farms (good luck building it on a 20x30...) as well as we won't get an animated harvester vehicle for propable fields, so the Sim will just do the "swipe" animation on a 5x5 field item. Ugh, no thanks.

I'd rather have them invest their time on a Generations, Elders, Ambitions or a Winter Vacation Pack or pretty much anything else

Maybe they'll add a scythe for manual harvesting instead of an industrial harvester. Personally, I don't want huge harvestable fields because sims already harvest way too many vegetables from their plants. Can't imagine what they will do with that many vegetables, especially if they will continue to produce harvest every day.

That's exactly one of my points. You can do only so much with harvestables.

I would still like farming, just not on a industrial scale.
  • BethSims4BethSims4 Posts: 113 Member
    What I want are packs that involve werewolves and fairies. I want to to have them in The Sims 4.
  • sam123sam123 Posts: 4,539 Member
    Other
    Generations before this please.
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    Yes yes yes!
    I am interested in this pack. I want it as an alternative to San Myshuno and the suburbs for some households. I'd be open to seeing it show up in several different ways, with farm animals and new skills. The Eco pack and knitting kind of go in this direction with more for sims to do and more ability to be self-sustaining.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    Yes yes yes!
    As much as I desperately want a fleshed out farming pack I agree with those who say that a Generations pack should come first.
  • alyssasim87alyssasim87 Posts: 1,277 Member
    Other
    id be ok with a farming pack but its not something im wanting really bad. i personally want to see more gameplay for families. but if a farming pack does come id be ok with it. i hope if they go that route it will be more about raising live stock then just planting because we can already do that now.
    my origin id is simkitten87

Im a simmer forever <3
  • liliaethliliaeth Posts: 1,087 Member
    Other
    telmarina wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind but there are a few packs i would want more/first...

This is pretty much what I was gonna say
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    Sorry in advance if this was speculated in another thread already and this may be old news, and someone may have already made an observation. I am late to the party having just recently started coming to the forums.

While in the game today, I was looking at the statues because in another thread someone stated that one of the devs had said every statue in the game would appear in a pack. So I was curious.

I don't know when this pig was added to the game, it does not show a game pack icon in my game, but I'm pretty sure it didn't come with the basegame because it's talking about 2019.

I can't post pics yet or screenshots because I don't have enough posts but I typed it out. It says:

Year of the Pig Statuette

This Pig Statuette was granted for the New Lunar Year of the Pig, starting in February 2019.

Every new lunar year, the countryside animals celebrate in a grand hall decorated with symbolic sycees and paper lanterns. This year, the new year arrived without the honored animal.

The Pig arrived near the party’s end and sat at a table in quiet embarrassment, noticed by the Goat. With all red envelopes gifted and food eaten, the Goat plucked a kumquat from a potted citrus tree and offered half to the Pig. She accepted with relief and explained she could not find anyone to care for her piglets until friendly Crows returned to her farm. With the Goat’s understanding and help with introductions, the Pig’s embarrassment melted away to happiness during the remaining festivities.

The celebration ended at sunrise, and the Goat accompanied the Pig home. They decided their children should meet and exchange panda toys as friends, just as they had become.

It is okay to be last and late. Good friends will wait for you.

Now I don't know if that means anything, but if I had to decipher that cryptic description .... to me it definitely sounds like farming is coming at some time and raising/caring for animals would be part of it.

Oh btw, there is a donkey statue so if the person who commented saying a dev stated that all statues in the game would end up in a pack, that could definitely be another hint. I was actually looking for a horse and farm animal statues.

What do you guys think?
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Yes yes yes!
    I definitely would love this. Although we have gardens, we don't have livestock or ways to make things like soap, nectar, etc. I would really enjoy having some more rural pleasures like I have in real life (garden and raise chickens, living across from cows and horses).
  • jafo88fanjafo88fan Posts: 577 Member
    Havent decided
    Like others have said, I'm not totally against it but maybe they could combine Country Livin' and Farm Fresh sets into a pack for sims 4 with the cow and chickens
  • WerescytheWerescythe Posts: 157 Member
    Hell no!
    Not really, not unless they find a way to include a new occult life aspect with it (werewolves/zombies could work).
    I'm probably one of the rare few here, but I love using the occult aspects in my Sims 4 games. xD
  • Zimz4Zimz4 Posts: 354 Member
    edited August 2020
    Yes yes yes!
    Yes yes yes! But then I would say that to pretty much anything else that's (still) not in the game yet :D. Fairies would even get a fourth yes added.
  • Sim_ArchitectsSim_Architects Posts: 302 Member
    edited August 2020
    Other
    No more packs based around labor please. Lets have some leisurely activities, of which we barely have any. I want fairs/carnivals in my game. I loved the Arcade idea that was presented a while ago .
  • WerescytheWerescythe Posts: 157 Member
    Hell no!
    @Sim_Architects I'd toast to that. :)
    I'm probably one of the rare few here, but I love using the occult aspects in my Sims 4 games. xD
  • Sim_ArchitectsSim_Architects Posts: 302 Member
    Other
    Werescythe wrote: »
    @Sim_Architects I'd toast to that. :)

:) sure would be nice!
  • simmerLellasimmerLella Posts: 612 Member
    edited August 2020
    Other
    A calmer yes, but a big yes for more grocery integration, though Sims can get produce from the market stands now. I want it at least easier to build a well-functioning grocery store but I'd love more integration of grocery shopping into play.

Like right now, I'm not sure WHERE I'd build even one grocery store (and running out of space) and I know I struggled with them functioning before. If I get everything working, I'd probably turn off shopping from the fridge, but ideally first, I'd want more plots for grocery stores in each zone with a different climate, at least. (I pretend the worlds are very close, some same town, but others are clearly a little separate with some different weather.)

Also, I want sims to be able to buy normal cartons of ice cream, yum. Haha. Sure, maybe some sims can make their own brands of ice cream from their own cow milk, but the priority for me is the more normal/common thing of just buying typical groceries (readymade, of course!) especially my faves.

Also, they could add rabbit hole grocery shopping for when we need to stay home with a sim, or for any other reason, as just one option to replenish the fridge.
    "Challenge everything"
    My Game Twitter
    tumblr_inline_pwgxs3dfiz1t4sbjh_500.jpg
    EA, fix the EA app & CAW EIG!
  • mebagl15mebagl15 Posts: 563 Member
    Havent decided
    Yes, if it brings new content and gameplay. No. if it's just a rehash of gardening. As for animals I'm undecided.
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    Other
    I’m personally not interested in it, but it wouldn’t bother me if it were created
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    edited August 2020
    Yes yes yes!
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    Other
    I'm mostly in it for the horses and possibly other animals. I have no real interest in the crops and other stuff. Also think horses should come in a separate pack, but I take them where I can get them.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Other
    A farm pack does not top my list of wanted packs but I'm not against it if its done right.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    Other
    The only thing that would make a farming pack interesting to me is more animals.

Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    Other
    > @jbadger12 said:
    > I think there's a lot of potential in a farm pack, but I believe that much of it would be unrealized, due to the nature of Sims 4, and Sims games in general. I doubt many would object to milking cows (or goats), or even gathering eggs from chickens, but I think a lot of players would object to raising those animals for their meat. >

Yeah, that. I don't think most players would like to know what happens with excess chickens, etc. I lived on a tiny farm when I was a kid for a few years. Chickens, dogs, horses/ponies, a couple of cows (ahem, not for milking), a baby pig we got for Easter from our clueless grandmother, and a small garden for our own use - I've lived this already, thank you very much. What would our simselves do? Level up the milking skill? Gather eggs? Make cheese? Shell peas? After your sims chase chickens or goats around the farmyard a few times and get kicked into a pile of, uh, cow deposits, I fear that kind of farmyard play might get a little old.

Another thing, if the none of the devs have that kind of experience themselves, they might not get the kind of depth that I am guessing the farm-loving community wants. Reading about it on Wikipedia isn't the same as slogging around in the mud mucking a stall or planting a garden. If you ain't been chased by a crazy untamed piglet yourself you just can't get it. My brother and I half killed ourselves trying to get away from that thing, and she was only about 15-20 pounds - but so scary she seemed gigantic. :D (btw, the pig got given to a friend who raised horses. I am happy to report that Dirty Sally grew enormous and was sold to a pig farmer where she lived out her life making baby pigs)

I voted "other" because it would really depend on the gameplay. I definitely wouldn't buy unless it was for a deep discount. And...I'd love a horse. I'd really rather have Medieval gameplay, with maybe a small farmyard on one of the lots. I liked Sims Medieval, but all that walking around got old - you gotta have a horse. And let us build this time, please!

--gosh, I hope I don't sound like a mean old negative naysayer. Maybe they could come up with something that would be just amazing. If they do make one, I sincerely hope that it rocks. Those few years I spent in that house were the highlights of my childhood. But it's a lot of work, even for a little tiny thing like we had going.
  • candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    Yes yes yes!
    Yes why don't they make an intelligent pack for a change one that reflects real life.