Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,920 Member
    @Turjan thank you. Yes that is the gondola lot. It's a 64x64 lot and I've developed a habit of placing the gondola on that lot whenever I send sims to Oasis Landing. That's the lot I used when I put the dew flowers on the lot. I did a lot of developing on that lot. I think I must have had it on the Utopian version of Oasis Landing though to add the dew flowers and get the bright colours I have in some of the screen shots I got of it back then.

Gondola35.jpg
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

Page 3962

@McTosh Looks like a wild bachelorette party!

@blazerntq Thank you.

@Turjan Thanks!
    That picture of Patty looks like she is getting ready to walk in a long dark tunnel.
    I'm not sure what you mean about the statue and the vase? I use that statue a lot in museums when I redo them.
    What a bummer of a date! Condolences to the family and Shark.

@Nikkei_Simmer That is the nurse in me thinking that way! :lol:
    I looked at the site but couldn't figure it out quickly and had a few other things I needed to do so gave it up until later.
    I'm enjoying the Moonlight Falls story as the Sanctuary for occult folk and the suspicion among them towards each other.
    River sure has had a personality change but can understand the hurt inside her too.

@Silverofdreams30 Your night pics of Bridgeport are awesome! Miranda looks very happy and having a great time.

@BlackSand Unless my sims are wealthy to start with they have to work up to hot tubs. :lol: I don't know why I have not put one in for the Were clan though...they are wealthy. Note to self! :lol:
    Camila is certainly a far cry from the EA sim! Great job.

@Sleepstar Glad to read you are still playing.

page 3963

@ZhakiraP I dreamed about your Argus last night! :love:

@Nikkei_Simmer Cute guy sim!
    All your guys are very handsome in their 'real' pics. Gotta love a guy in uniform! :heart:

@Emily4331 oh, bummer it died of starvation! :cry:

@MoonandStars83 Glad you found a possible reason for the crashing.

@Brandontaylor It's nice to see Ava again.
    I wonder what she will think if she is ever awake for the zombies!
    Nice that Leighton invited her out!
    Oh, so Susan and Boyd might have caused the meteor attack that killed Susan. How tragic for Boyd.

@blazerntq Why are you not playing the sim you made for RH?

@evalen Gorgeous picture of the rain and the house and yard look awesomely terrible.

@CravenLestat Cute pattern!

Page 3964

@Karritz It's nice to see you playing other sims and ITF too.
    Yes, I agree the hair changes things. One sim will look great with a hairstyle and the next will look awful with the same hair. I spend a bit of time finding what I think suits the face and the personality of the sim.

@BlackSand I love how you changed the resort in Hidden Springs, both inside and out. I left it like it was as it seemed to suit my story and I only needed a few pictures from it. I just added a role desk and register added the receptionist. I put a fireplace in one of the bedrooms for the picture in there. :lol:

@emorrill Harvey, Abigail, and Penny look awesome!

@CravenLestat Wow...she looks great!

@Turjan It is a cute started home.

@Lashin Looking great!

@ZhakiraP Cool pic of Agnes!

@Nikkei_Simmer Tosh! :love:

@Silverofdreams30 They look great! I didn't figure it out at all but I didn't really have much time to mess with it either.

page 3965

@Karritz Beautiful pond.

Granny and Gramps getting all frisky having a pillow fight. It ended very well.
    50151225882_db1496e687_b.jpg

So well in fact they went downstairs and used the outhouse in the garage instead of the bed right next to them. :lol: Gotta love sims decisions.
    50150443718_d3562ab329_b.jpg
  • blazerntqblazerntq Posts: 2,409 Member
    @bekkasan I have a hard time sticking with the sims that I make. lol
  • BlackSandBlackSand Posts: 2,074 Member
    edited August 2020
    @bekkasan ...
    Looks like Granny and Gramps are doing their best to throw out a hip ... :D

Gramps: "Remember when ..."
    Granny: "Dang right I remember studmuffin!"
    Gramps: "I'll grab a pint of Blue Bell Homemade Vanilla out of the fridge, and meet ya in the garage"

I eat pickles on my hamburgers ... MWWAHAHAHAHA
  • TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,716 Member
    edited August 2020
    @ZhakiraP: Awesome result for Agnes. Yes, I can recognize her, and she's been prettied up, nevertheless :smile: (I edited her chin, too :wink: ).
    And no worries: I have no intention of going into the posing business. Still, I prefer my screenshots a bit more dynamic than just have people stand around (unless in an interesting way, like in your pics). That was what I meant.

@Silverofdreams30 Thank you.

@Karritz Talk about an explosion of colors :smile: . Also, those Lunar Lake plants look great on the lot.

@bekkasan Thanks :smile:
    bekkasan wrote: »
    I'm not sure what you mean about the statue and the vase? I use that statue a lot in museums when I redo them.
    I'm referring to these Chinese vases that flank the desk in this pic:
    rmilc6G.jpg
    They are from some free store set and cost 1 simoleon a piece. Whoever made this item probably confounded the values for price and environment. You need two to three of these (sometimes two plus a cheap pic) to give a room the "beautifully decorated" buff, and that's for 2 to 3 simoleons, which can be done by a starting sim.
    Now to the connection to that $4800 Environment 9 statue: If the game cannot find the file for an existing item, it will replace the item by an equivalent base game item. This statue is what the game replaces the Chinese vase with in the case it cannot find the item file. I have packed the file for the vase into my CC Magic 1 GB content files long after my Twinbrook game, which means the item ID changed and this vase was replaced by that Atlas statue. The game will always replace that Chinese vase by the Atlas statue, which means that this is about the real value of that $1 Chinese vase.
    Nice to see your Granny and Gramps get along that well. Yes, some objects are oddly appealing. I honestly don't understand why my sims suddenly started getting that much interest in the time machine. They usually ignored it.
  • ZhakiraPZhakiraP Posts: 1,439 Member
    @bekkasan wow, anything interesting in that dream of yours? :p
    53218870167_a5d450f1db_h.jpg
    edited August 2020
    I was curious as to what one of my JAG fanfic adversary characters looked like.

Colonel Reza Al Khatoob
    c1d75e67db248a143af0.jpeg

It´s gorgeous.

@Silverofdreams30 They are very nice. If you want them to be more realistic I think nikkei_simmer posted instructions, didn´t he?
  • BlackSandBlackSand Posts: 2,074 Member
    bekkasan wrote: »
    @BlackSand I love how you changed the resort in Hidden Springs, both inside and out. I left it like it was as it seemed to suit my story and I only needed a few pictures from it. I just added a role desk and register added the receptionist. I put a fireplace in one of the bedrooms for the picture in there. :lol:
    The Redwood Lodge is an excellent idea for that lot, but I rarely visited it because I couldn't stand looking at it.
    The common area to the right, on the ground floor when you enter, is connected and used the same theme.

25271428048_6bf58e2b21_c.jpg

I added a Java Hut Barista, so guests could grab a little something when visiting.
    Then I "warmed" the dining room up a little, and added larger windows so you could access the awesome views the lot provides.

39138020401_def31060d5_c.jpg

My Sims often visit the lot now ... It's almost never empty.
    Of course the newer Arcade/Pool Hall/Bowling Alley gets a lot of traffic too.

24780760827_83a73fe829_c.jpg

I eat pickles on my hamburgers ... MWWAHAHAHAHA
  • Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,200 Member
    @bekkasan

Thank you

@blazerntq

Thank you
  • Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,200 Member
    @ZhakiraP

Yep, but I did not mess to much wit he site,
    just tried out hehe.
  • ilikethesims30ilikethesims30 Posts: 556 Member
    What happens inside of the Rabbit Holes?

DO you ever wonder that? This time, I've decided to do a little experiment. Which requires a little creativity. Here is the 'inside' of DooPeas Corporation/Business building.

2IiVFEI.jpg

The Broadway Theater Dancers and their main supporters are waiting for the interview to start. A lot of drama in setting up a meeting.

2IiVFEI.jpg

8sXcZqd.jpg

Here's our staff....

9ylRlUU.jpg

The interview is the lovely Laurel Castillo. Chandler and Nicolas are the hosts. Nathan is the cameraman. And Jenna is there just because.

Work it, boys....

RzbQzdR.jpg

Chandler: Okay. Here's the deal. Laurel's gonna interview some great ladies. Cause she's a great lady herself.
    Nicolas: Meet Rachel, Melanie and Nina. The stars of Quarantine Dance!

Bxkwkbr.jpg

o4IMyyN.jpg

Laurel: Okay. Are we on? Okay, good.

The interview went really well. BUt at least half of it wasn't about their latest production....

UPthLZN.jpg

xYoBoQc.jpg

pyHzrsZ.jpg

PC4E5gc.jpg

Lots of laughter and fun. They know how to brighten up a room....

m1WgYsq.jpg

Ryan, Cecil and the others would agree....

5RkqsuN.jpg

DC6fdyp.jpg Smiling on the inside....

After the interview, Kathleen kissed her man, Chandler. The interview was directed by Chandler, his first. Lots of congrats to go around.

Pictures were taken and Ryan took all of the ladies out for a post-interview dinner. But unfortunately, Cecil had to leave early. His boss is loosing his patience with him.

0yp2wFX.jpg

After dinner, Wes and Laurel go into a fight and she decided to spent the night at Ryan and Rachel's to cool down.

Anything else you want to see? Either way, great updates and Happy Simming :smile: !

• Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,426 Member
    edited August 2020
    ZhakiraP wrote: »
    I was curious as to what one of my JAG fanfic adversary characters looked like.

Colonel Reza Al Khatoob
    c1d75e67db248a143af0.jpeg

It´s gorgeous.

@Silverofdreams30 They are very nice. If you want them to be more realistic I think nikkei_simmer posted instructions, didn´t he?

Unfortunately, @ZhakiraP... he's now a sooty smear on one of the wadis. After being shot down by Animal once while Khatoob was flying a MiG 29 Fulcrum; Khatoob went after him in his Su-27 Flanker.
    He (Animal) remembered what it was like to go against that Su-27 during the Gulf War; that knife-fight-in-a-phone booth: the turning battle to see who was going to get out of there alive. The Iraqi ace had managed to get the drop on him at the outset of the fight, and put several holes in the twin tails of the Tomcat. But Animal had compensated for the lack of maneuverability from those hits and had pulled seven Gs on the F-14, pushing the envelope of the Delta Tomcat’s structural g-tolerance to break the lock. The F-14 managed to stay together and he was able to turn the tables in a satisfying turn of events; forcing the engagement into a turning battle; watching his airspeed so that he didn’t lose energy. Lose energy; lose the fight, because if you couldn’t yank your nose up into the vertical, you were dead. When he’d pulled that hard turn to port, cranking the stick over, and pitching up into the vertical, the Iraqi ace couldn’t keep his nose on the Tomcat, even though the Flanker was quite maneuverable; either the opponent wasn’t paying attention or he had his nose in the weapons display setting up with an Apex to put right through Animal’s burner can. Animal had actually pitched up into the sun in order to keep the missiles from tracking the heat from his cans. The sun would confuse the Apex’s IR tracker and blind its pilot visually so that he couldn’t see where the Tomcat was from the glare the sun was putting on his visor; so the ace chose to point his nose down and extend. Animal then stomped left rudder and came over the top cranking his F-14 into a snap-roll and getting a momentary pipper on the Su-27, had triggered his Vulcan; seeing hits along the top of the Su-27; the twenty millimeter shells slamming first into the fuselage ripping pieces from the Flanker and then tracking right through up the fuselage into his canopy. The Flanker had done a slow roll and impacted the wadi; there was no ejection, no chute; just a satisfying blossom of orange red flame and black smoke against the sand. He’d downed the Iraqi’s ace and that 🐸🐸🐸🐸 wouldn’t be getting any more kills against the Navy or Air Force jets; the ace had managed to down an Air Force F-16 prior to this battle which would be his last. Animal had had a prior engagement with this ace where he’d managed to track a nine-lima into the guy’s right burner can of his MiG 29, but the ace had managed to eject. And evidently he’d started flying a Su-27 within the ten weeks between their two meetings. Animal was sure that the guy had trained on both types prior to the war so that he could switch between types easily. Middle Eastern air forces were like that. Train their guys on multiple types so you could switch them between squadrons rapidly as the need presented itself. Poorer nations had to use their pilots like that in order to gain a tactical edge.

Frankly, Animal figured that in a diplomatic setting, he and the guy could have found common ground in the fact that they both flew, but circumstances had led to the fact that they were on opposing sides in a war where only one side could be the victor and the fact was that each was trying to kill the other. Animal intended to be the guy who came out on top and flew with that intention going into the engagement.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    Screenshot-41.jpg
    Amanda: I found a box of THINGS in the fridge.Is it yours?
    Michael: Of course not! It must be Jimmy's.
    Amanda: I have only got myself to blame for the mess these kids are in.
    You are wasting away in a bar, or out holding up a convenient store.

Screenshot-42.jpg
    Michael:Oh yeah, I've done horrible by you.Pulled you out of a midwestern
    trailer park, put you up in a big mansion in Rockford Hills.Only thing you gotta
    worry about anymore is whether you want to woohoo with a tennis coach or a college
    professor.
    Amanda: I was faithful to you until you started your miserable life of crime Michael!
    The divorce papers are signed and finished.

Screenshot-43.jpg
    Michael: Thank god.About time I say.
    Amanda: And strangely, my kids don't want to come with me.They
    are convinced I'm some sort of nut.
    Michael: I wonder where they got that idea..
    Amanda: Forget you Michael, don't call me.

Screenshot-44.jpg
    Francine: Did I come at a bad time? Maybe I should..
    Michael: No, just finishing our divorce...come in Cine.

Screenshot-45.jpg
    Michael: Lester finished paying of Martin.You should get yours soon.
    Francine: I guess, we did it.
    Michael: I say we did it.
    Voice: I would say, you've really done it..

Screenshot-46.jpg
    Michael: Trevor...
    Trevor: Michael...
    Everyone spun around to find Michael's old running buddy, the one he betrayed back
    in north yankton, standing there.Michael, gently pushed Francine behind him, away
    from Trevor.

Screenshot-47.jpg
    Michael: Hey, Its good to see you man.
    Trevor: mmm, yep I bet it is.Of course, I'm not the one that's been
    resurrected.
    Michael: Ah, well I got a bit of an awkward situation.
    Trevor: You're telling me bro.One of those "Fake your own deaths to your
    best friend, and run off with the dough. And then, live in a big mansion." Awkward
    situations.
    Michael: That's one way of looking at it.
    Trevor: Yeah, well do you have any other ways of LOOKING at it? Cause I'm all out.
    Michael: It was a long time ago, T.I was in witness protection...I still am.
    Trevor: That's great! That's great!

Screenshot-50.jpg
    Trevor turns to Francine,and eyes her over.biting his lip, while he
    tries to figure out who this girl is.
    Trevor: I'm sorry, where are my manners.You don't look like Amanda.
    Michael: Amanda and I divorced.
    Trevor: Oh...Who is this then?
    Francine: My name's Francine.
    Trevor: Right...I heard you had a new running partner...
    Trevor glared at Francine.She could feel his anger from a mile away
    Francine whispered to Traci to come over to her.

Screenshot-49.jpg
    Trevor: Traci, good to see you.Glad to see you aren't
    afraid to show off...Jimmy where is he?
    Michael: Where's your brother Traci?
    Traci: He....uh, um...
    Michael: Where is he?!
    Traci: He's trying to sell the yacht again....
    Michael: What? Where?
    Traci: Vaspucci Beach.
    Michael: Plum....I'm going after him.Francine...
    could you chill with Traci?
    Francine: Sure.
    Trevor: Let's go get your kid.
    Michael: "We?" who is this "We?"
    Trevor: WE have a lot to discuss, you softie...now
    lets go.

@Nikkei_Simmer that´s ok, I was more impressed by the aesthetics of the picture than the bloke himself :)

Interesting story and good writing, a bit over my head perhaps but very detailed!

• TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,716 Member
    edited August 2020
    @CravenLestat As the current former inhabitant of the house in question proved to be cooperative and moved across town to the mausoleum today, I took the opportunity to follow your suggestion to make the house more usable for the general populace. I didn't follow your suggested layout, but I guess that's to be expected :wink: .
    There are three bedrooms and two baths now:
    9OPHvvp.jpg
    I also moved the backyard stairs (I had no idea how to do that when I first placed them) and removed the stuff I didn't like from the front yard.
    k1LWrSu.jpg
    It's a bit expensive for what it is, but hey, there are enough people with money in town.

Oops, forgot a flower pot on the floor.
    Edit: Cleaned up the lot and turned one room by 90 degrees to remove a potential choke point.
    nlCtTq0.jpg
    Post edited by Turjan on
  • PalmArrowPalmArrow Posts: 4,329 Member
    @Nikkei_Simmer , @emorrill and everyone else who has been using Artbreeder, your sim portraits look absolutely stunning! I will have to try this too!
    Karritz wrote: »

Gondola35.jpg

@Karritz , this is an impossibly pretty screenshot!
    The last time I played my Starlight Shores household, all three siblings had finally had a successful day and earned some money. I had previously used their earnings to buy them decorations and better kitchen appliances; now I also replaced their shower and toilet with better quality models.
    MDBquPi.jpg

Marcel started the day dancing, as usual (I always have to take a screenshot because he looks so funny.)
    D8mSVr6.jpg

A Simfest started at the coffeehouse. I sometimes get those bugged simfests where you just see sims cheering around an empty stage and that's annoying, but when Simfests are working properly I love watching them!
    fjdZuIu.jpg

I sent Evangeline there to watch the Simfest until her Sing-a-gram jobs start appearing.
    aeHyH9K.jpg

She had a great time watching the magician.
    jqSYoM1.jpg

The face of the sim standing next to her shocked me. That's not a human face! She and Evangeline don't look like characters from the same game at all.
    Ge7dJcZ.jpg

The first Sing-a-gram delivery was to another sim watching the Simfest. The next few were around town.
    i3g5iZJ.jpg

eR3cRWS.jpg

Meanwhile, Marcel explored the catacombs again. Still no dusty old lamp, and he had some sort of traumatic experience! But he found a gnome worth 1000 simoleons and then, outside the mausoleum, picked a flower worth 600.
    qdPRl3X.png

After delivering a sing-a-gram for this townie Evangeline got promoted.
    hMU4koJ.jpg

When she returned home she had a pillow fight with Gemma, who had been working overtime and needed to de-stress.
    PIhQkRI.jpg
  • PuddinroyPuddinroy Posts: 4,451 Member
    edited August 2020
    @PalmArrow: Awesome pictures. Love the pattern that Evangeline has on.

@Silverofdreams30: Hello

@CravenLestat: Pretty new sim

@MoonandStars83: Hello

@emorrill: Hello. Still need to read chapter 2 of your story.

@lisasc360: Hello

@bekkasan: Hello

@Mikezumi: Hello

@Karritz: Pretty lot and bright colors

@Nikkei_Simmer: Nice werewolves

@king_of_simcity7: Hello

@ZhakiraP: Love the pictures. Especailly the one with the toddler hiding behind his daddie's legs.

@Brandontaylor: Hello

@Evalen: Hello. OOO, time travel cool

@Turjan: Hello

@blazerntq: Hello

@GraceyManor: Hello. Glad your feeling better

@all: Sorry if I missed anybody. :)
    :) Smile!

@Puddinroy , thanks, I love that pattern too! It's one of @CravenLestat 's.
  • yoshi_dragur2012yoshi_dragur2012 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Thank you @MoonandStars83! This is very sweet of you.

Now if I could only figure out how to expel those annoying Uni sims who the game keeps moving into my vacant house at Uni. Can't move my sims into the expansive mansion I customized for them when they travel to Uni. Can't evict these random Sim students from Edit Town level because that keeps restarting Uni (where you get the fly by shot of the college town). And right after that, the game constantly defaults to the move in process. Where it can only let me move my Sims into a dorm or some other unoccupied apt/house. Can't figure out what cheat in Master Controller or SP that allows me to do this properly. :(
    @Puddinroy Hello. Nice to see you.
  • BrandontaylorBrandontaylor Posts: 4,773 Member
    Page 3960, continued

***Got rid of the headache I had last night. Still not playing tonight as I need to get caught up on feedback but I definitely will try tomorrow as I'm missing my saves.

@Nikkei_Simmer I checked the thread out, it's awesome what the program can do! I haven't tried it myself yet but I definitely want to.

@Emily4331 You're welcome!

@BlackSand Loving the cottage!

Page 3961

@Nikkei_Simmer River and Haruo look awesome as real life people.

@MoonandStars83 Yeah, they are. Quinton has a bit of an issue because of his rebellious trait but he's still got good grades.
    I think so too. Just a rough patch in their path to friendship.

@blazerntq Jaelynn looks awesome!
    Cool house.

@BlackSand That basement looks cool! I'd like to have something like that in real life.

@Evalen Uh oh, looks like the travelling machine needs some work.
    At least they got shelter and food.
    Well that was nice of the judge to offer his home.
    The house may not be in the best shape but they are lucky the island has electricity. Not sure where it comes from but glad they got it.
    Great update!

@Emily4331 Awesome pictures! I'm finishing up feedback but I got to try this out.

@Silverofdreams30 I think it's funny we both picked the same hair for the Sim too.
    Could have.

@ZhakiraP Everybody in all the households look amazing!
    @Brandontaylor Thanks. I already started to play another sim though. lol
  • yoshi_dragur2012yoshi_dragur2012 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Finally succeeded in evicting those pesky Uni Sims from my Sim's house. Bought the property on the computer. But there doesn't seem to be a "move" interaction to let them move in now that my Sim household owns the property? Has anyone succeeded in moving their Sims from the dorm into another residence while a Uni? Some suggestions are dropping out which isn't really an option for my Sims :(
  • MoonandStars83MoonandStars83 Posts: 1,735 Member
    @Brandontaylor RIP Ava's mushroom.

@BlackSand Awesome. Can't wait.
    ****Great remodel.
    ****Great pics.

@Evalen Let her enjoy her fun. Or something like that.

@CravenLestat Lovely Sim.

@Karritz Good luck with the Architectural Design career. It's super hard to please customers with it.
    ****Great pics.

@blazerntq Sounds interesting.

@Turjan Nice house.
    ****Lovely Sim.
    ****Great remodel.

@Lashin Looks like the house is turning out nice.

@bekkasan Cute pics.

@ilikethesims30 Interesting concept.

@GraceyManor RIP Michael's marriage.

@PalmArrow I like Evangeline's casual dress.

@Puddinroy Hi!!

@yoshi_dragur2012 You're welcome! Do you have NRaas? If so, there might be something there you can use.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Back in the Bright save. I should have made Sculpting a sift focus, because Darcy already has it mastered, and she's only halfway through the career. Also, a paparazzi got into the house, so I used a mod to set him on fire. Instead of disappearing off the lot like they usually do, the idiot stuck around and ended up burning to death, so now Darcy has a ghost.

PveZcNP.jpg
    I voted for you, Kevin.
    640?cb=20100910030718
    My Sims 3 Exhange Studio
    My Blog // Click me if you dare.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top