Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Eco Lifestyle is NOT broken.

2...Next

Comments

• CheekybitsCheekybits Posts: 1,030 Member
    I don’t have any of these problems other people have. Naps work fine for me and I’ve only encountered 1 sim playing with clay. The only issue I’ve run into is the eco footprint, I want my world dirty and I don’t have time to go into every lot to give them high industrial bb.
  • imhappyimhappy Posts: 1,988 Member
    I have had almost 0 problems with this pack. I don't get everyone screaming it's broken but I wont judge because I cant say what someone else may or may not be experiencing in their game.

The only problem I had was eco footprints was not pausing. I have a mod that works perfectly for that and I have really been enjoying the pack a lot.

Thanks for this maybe it will help other people! 😁

Oh. I have the cake bug. But I just eat it or throw it away lol not a big deal.

That’s interesting because I also have no issues. BUT... I have the cake issue and it drives me nuts. Do you have non stop push-ups too??
  • JustinJustin Posts: 731 Member
    Someone mentioned this before & it helped with making my game more playable. Although the clay , cake , gardening & other bugs are still persisting issues that need to be addressed. I shouldn’t have to turn off a “feature” I paid 40 bucks for .
  • BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    O no, it's definitely broken, whether is a bug or sloppy coding- it's broken. it's also breaking people's games and few simmers have brought up the issues as well
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1k-YUdvrBsg
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaR2xNyKApw
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__b2N0FKL4c
    giphy.gif

• ravynwolvfravynwolvf Posts: 1,073 Member
    Sure, with the right mods to keep other naps from bleeding into your neighborhood (which says it's broken if that's necessary right there), along with doing what you say, it does make it barely playable. That is, until you leave your neighborhood and go to a different one, where the naps are totally different from yours, and sims are wearing bags, making out like bandits, and beating the stuffing out of each other. The fact is, the civic policies are either so wimpy that they are meaningless, or they shove certain gameplay aspects down your throat. Like stealing everything not nailed down, and constantly playing with clay and future cubes.
    The implementation is horrible. There should be one of two options at the very least; one, to turn off ALL aspects of the policies all together, or two, make it so that they are the same in every neighborhood so you have some control. As much as I like some of the objects, this is actually the first pack I've totally disabled because it messes with gameplay too much. Dumpsters don't work right, juice fizzing is a shallow shadow of what it was in sims 3 (can't mix ingredients, about half just give suspicious juice, etc), I'd need about 5 turbines to get enough power to stop losing it and it's cheaper to just pay the bill, fabricating is ridiculously tedious at the beginning (fail, fail, break, fix, make something fail, fail, break), candle making is about as interesting as candle watching, gardening is extra buggy now, the list just goes on and on. Not worth having it in my game.
  • MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    Wow! Everyone just ran in here to say it is broken. This pack must have really frustrated you, guys XD I changed my mind about getting it after reading more about it, i wasnt really informed back when i considered buying it.
  • Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    I would like to add that it is very much a broken pack unfortunately. It changes a lot of things in the game that we as players are given the control to change but they also don't work as intended.

I used the cheats in game (something I never wanted to do because that would affect my ability to gain trophies ) because I wanted to turn off all the NAPs in the neighborhood and I didn't want to wait for 4 Sim weeks to do it naturally. I turned off NPC voting. Result? Sims still did the NAP auto actions over and over again with no active NAPs to influence them to do so. Side note: the game also tells you how to use the cheats in the lessons menu for NAPs.

My other gripes about it are with full autonomy off Sims will be pushed to do these actions and lastly if they override my actions and completely drop their queued actions it becomes frustrating to try to play the game because Sims ignore you and repeat the same actions over and over again

It's a great idea it would breathe more life into the Sims if it was just tweaked and implemented in a way that was smarter and more about what the player wants than what the game wants.
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    The naps don't bother me much, except when it's roughhousing encouraged...not impressed. To me this is just an ongoing neighborhood brawl, which I used to think was funny. Now, not so much.

What is broken for me is the gardening. I want my plants, to stay plants and not go back to dirt when my sim waters it. :s
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Aleia1Aleia1 Posts: 68 Member
    edited August 2020
    It's not broken if you accept that all the silly or badly designed NAPs are intentional - and yes, unfortunately I do believe EA thought they were a good idea and is unlikely to overhaul them.

But EL IS broken if you also acknowledge there is a major bug where NAP-related behaviours get randomly 'stuck' on sims as they travel around different neighbourhoods, and revoking all existing NAPs and turning them off for the future won't fix this problem.

For those still having problems there is a way to fix the NAP madness, even if you don't use mods: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-ECO-NPC-Autonomy-commodities-incorrectly-being-saved-on/m-p/9351944#M150469. There's a useful list there of all the weird behaviors and which NAPs cause them.

I chose the non-mod route to fixing a longstanding save I'm very fond of, and it's been a long, tedious business of deleting clay and cubes, revoking NAPs in every neighbourhood, and throwing 'NAP repeal parties' to decontaminate Sims en masse. I'm still not done, because I also have to send sims to Britechester and Foxbury for a term to revoke NAPs and throw parties there.
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,525 Member
    Aleia1 wrote: »
    It's not broken if you accept that all the silly or badly designed NAPs are intentional - and yes, unfortunately I do believe EA thought they were a good idea and is unlikely to overhaul them.

But EL IS broken if you also acknowledge there is a major bug where NAP-related behaviours get randomly 'stuck' on sims as they travel around different neighbourhoods, and revoking all existing NAPs and turning them off for the future won't fix this problem.

For those still having problems there is a way to fix the NAP madness, even if you don't use mods: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-ECO-NPC-Autonomy-commodities-incorrectly-being-saved-on/m-p/9351944#M150469. There's a useful list there of all the weird behaviors and which NAPs cause them.

I chose the non-mod route to fixing a longstanding save I'm very fond of, and it's been a long, tedious business of deleting clay and cubes, revoking NAPs in every neighbourhood, and throwing 'NAP repeal parties' to decontaminate Sims en masse. I'm still not done, because I also have to send sims to Britechester and Foxbury for a term to revoke NAPs and throw parties there.

Wow, it does sound like a lot of work.
    I think I will simply uninstall this pack and call it a loss.
    I like the objects and the container unit wall papers, plus the community spaces, but I don't like the game play at all.

I am not playing the game at all, so there is no rush.
    I will just wait to see what happens by the next game pack.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    It’s not just the naps though which are broken (I use the NAP shift click thing all the time to get around it) it’s the carbon footprint which just always goes to neutral and has no meaningful gameplay. I’ve turned the carbon footprint off in settings and set the desired footprint by cheat and it still goes to neutral. In 20 years of playing the sims I’ve never known such an awful pack and this is the only pack I’ve ever truly regretted buying in all my sims games. It’s great other simmers like it but from this forum and other outlets this seems a buggy pack compared to others.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited August 2020
    imhappy wrote: »
    I have had almost 0 problems with this pack. I don't get everyone screaming it's broken but I wont judge because I cant say what someone else may or may not be experiencing in their game.

The only problem I had was eco footprints was not pausing. I have a mod that works perfectly for that and I have really been enjoying the pack a lot.

Thanks for this maybe it will help other people! 😁

Oh. I have the cake bug. But I just eat it or throw it away lol not a big deal.

That’s interesting because I also have no issues. BUT... I have the cake issue and it drives me nuts. Do you have non stop push-ups too??

Nope. No NAPs are active I turned them off from the main menu since I first brought the pack.
    I do get occasional pop ups saying that a nap was voted on but nothing actually happens so it doesn't bother me.

Maybe they are doing push ups because they have the active trait? Hate that trait,they always drop down and do random push or sit ups.

If your whole neighborhood is doing it then...... 🙊

And for anyone complaining about the footprint going back to neutral, if you are on pc and open to mods there is a mod that easily fixes the issue until an official patch is released. I have been playing in polluted worlds for weeks now.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    I turned off NAPs prior to the last patch, and I haven't changed it because I'd read that sims will still drop actions in the queue to go do the NAP behavior enacted in that neighborhood. Like making cakes, herbal remedies, etc. instead of doing what you tell your sim to do. If that is the case, then I'd assert that EL is indeed still broken because the actions should not take precedence over queued actions. I would like to use the NAPs, but I do not want to have to fight with my sims to do the actions I have queued up for them. If they're merely doing these behaviors as the new idle behavior with nothing else queued up I don't have a problem with it.

"Sharing is Caring" in regards to community lots though. If it is "by design" to have sims steal objects to the point where we have to rebuild the lot over and over ad nauseum, nope, that's just straight up nonsense. Call it "bad design," call it "broken" whatever, it doesn't matter. It needs to be fixed.
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    It has been ok for me so far but I disabled NPC voting on NAPs. I have not encountered sims picking up behaviors from other neighborhoods in my game but I've only have that for about a week. I only have NAPs that my sims vote for so I've managed to dodge Sharing Is Caring.

I did play a household in Evergreen Harbor and really liked how friends, relatives and neighbors would drop by more often. Now, I'm playing someone who moved to the field station by the caldera in Sulani, so it's interesting to have the green initiatives.

I could do without rough-housing and Sharing Is Caring but I do like being able to have more community-wide influence and a sense of neighborliness.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    I did all of those things and still the Garden NAP stuck around after I cheated to remove it, I've had sims come by and take my Sims flowers ( harvest I mean) if she hadn't gotten them yet, they never did that before. And the actual part that bothers me, anything else other than gardening bug which was patch before Eco just bugs me but I can ignore, us the whole Eco Footprint changes when you travel, or even if you're home. I've adjusted all other lots to be sure they are very Eco friendly and it would be green then change really fast to neutral and stay there. I have hopes they fix that, bc without it, it's just a pack with Eco Friendly items but don't make or keep your world as it's intended.
  • Sim_ArchitectsSim_Architects Posts: 302 Member
    Honestly? I don't have the pack, but from what I've seen, I'd enjoy the chaos.

Yeah, i mean one second everyone saying the sims is too perfect and easy but the moment anything isnt "just right" people dont like it :D
  • NationalPokedexNationalPokedex Posts: 829 Member
    edited August 2020
    Honestly? I don't have the pack, but from what I've seen, I'd enjoy the chaos.

Yeah, i mean one second everyone saying the sims is too perfect and easy but the moment anything isnt "just right" people dont like it :D

There's nothing integrally fun about the chaos of Sims' inventories bloating with mounds of clay, or autonomous action of non-stop baking or fighting overriding a Sims personality. And these issues are what people are experiencing with this pack. Broken or not, that's dumb as hell and poor design.
  • LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    "Turn testing cheats on"
    "Shift click the mailbox for your active household Or a community board"

If you need to use cheats to "fix" something, yeah... it's broken. You shouldn't have to use cheats in order to fix a feature. Then again, Eco Lifestyle has many problems that doesn't involve this to begin with... the simple fact that it even exists is #1.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    edited August 2020
    I have started to turn an little neighborhood industrial and I can travel and it stays the same. So far so good, eco-footprint seems to be working fine in my game. I have lived in another neighborhood with a perfect green footprint for several weeks now. When the eco footprint is stable it is a fun feature to play with, I’ve liked it a lot.

I have my own gaming-rigg and when I play Sims 4 I play offline. Everything still seems to be working for me so I don’t want to jinx it. I’ve logged into my origin-account on my husbands computer just to check out Nifty Knitting and get a new tray folder with fun lots.

Currently I play with N.A.P.s turned off completely. I look forward to testing them some other time when things seem to be a little less buggy. Or at least not now when I am playing one of my main saves. Eco-footprint is good, gardening works and the cat is just fine too. Since nothing is broken for me I will just stay offline. If it ain’t broken don’t fix it.
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    It's absolutely broken. Just because you can turn it off doesn't mean it's not broken.

I agree as some may want to use that option and can't as long as EA/Maxis does not take care of business.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen