Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which world need to be improved the most?

124...Next

Comments

• NyxValkoinenNyxValkoinen Posts: 15 Member
    Forgotten Hollow / Glimmerbrook / StrangerVille - Supernatural
    Just adding fog and calling it a day doesn't make a Vampire world. There's nothing really Gothic about it, and also nothing to do in it. The base game worlds at least have enough area to roam around collecting objects and gardening, but Forgotten Hollow does not. I'm fine with it being a small hood, because it is just a Game Pack, not an Expansion, but I'm not fine with the map being basically empty. The only thing you really have is a chess table in the center, and that's it. Very lackluster compared to the other worlds
  • IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    I've only played Forgotten Hollow for a couple of days but it clearly needs at least 2 more lots (10 total would be better). And the park in the middle has nothing to do. I'd rather have that be a playable lot (or 3) and make it how I want. (I'm right aren't I? You can't do any building in that park?)

Five lots in any "world" is really pitiful.

That said, it would be fun if they had dive lots in Sulani.
  • WerescytheWerescythe Posts: 157 Member
    Forgotten Hollow could use one or two more houses.
    I'm probably one of the rare few here, but I love using the occult aspects in my Sims 4 games. xD
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,422 Member
    Windenburg
    Windenburg is my favourite world by far. I would love to be able to swim in the ocean around the island. The island feels like an environment that is connected to water.
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    Magnolia Promenade! It's not on the list, but that "world" is pathetic! 4 lots ..... 4 LOTS! And 3 already have buildings on them. Like seriously what was the purpose of giving us one empty lot?
  • simgirl542simgirl542 Posts: 1,071 Member
    All of them.
    Plus I think we also need more homes that are more than one bedroom one bath. They're too small, but the cost of the larger homes is way over the base amount of $20,000 Simoleons so all the can afford is the one bedrooms and maybe some two or three bedrooms.
    Celebrating 11 years on this forum. Simming proudly since 2001.
  • cherrysim_cherrysim_ Posts: 25 Member
    Forgotten Hollow definitely needs some improvements, it just looks really empty. I think it needed a cafe or library and not just a few houses.
  • SthenastiaSthenastia Posts: 651 Member
    Del Sol Valley
    Ok. We will get new supernatural stuff soon, and to be honest I have no idea where to put new spellcasters or vampires. In my gampelay style I like to have occults in their worlds because another maps are intended for casual families. I feel sooooo limited. Currently I have no enough space for celebrities and mid-class sims in Del Sol Valley, single sims and poor sims everywhere, occults in Glimmerbrook and Forgotten Hollow, students in Britechester, community lots in San Myshuno or Mt Komorebi...
  • Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,116 Member
    Granite Falls / Selvadorada - Vacation
    I think the idea of any worlds that you can't access regularly is just silly
  • smilepandasmilepanda Posts: 101 Member
    Del Sol Valley
    I love Del Sol Valley and the design is very unique but it would be great to have more lots there for sure!
  • KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,573 Member
    Del Sol Valley
    Del Sol Valley is just a bummer. It's so lacking in imagination that I usually forget it exists as a town. I do like Judith Ward's house. The empty Celeb mansion is horrible lol.
  • simmerkal09simmerkal09 Posts: 5 New Member
    Del Sol Valley
    Del Sol Valley, needs more lots.
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    Del Sol Valley
    (I didn't read the entire thread, so sorry if I'm repeating something that has already been said.)

Out of the poll options, I would say Del Sol Valley. The low number of lots is very odd considering that it's supposed to be a major city and the place to go for sims who want to turn their lives around, but what bothers me even more is how strangely sized they are. Like, why are the lots in the "poor" neighbourhood so big? I think one of them is even bigger than the smallest of the Pinnacle lots. Splitting them up into smaller lots would have made more sense and also added to the general lot count.

Then there's the problem that the surrounding neighbourhood is all show and no substance. Where other worlds have fishing spots, things to collect and more incentives for your sims to leave their home and go for a walk every once in a while, Del Sol Valley just has fake houses... and one playground if I'm not mistaken. It also gets the dubious honour of having the ugliest premade houses in the entire game, but that problem can thankfully be fixed.

If we move away from the poll, I also think Magnolia Promenade needs some fixing. All the other worlds have something unique about them, be it their appearance and general atmosphere or things you can only do there, whereas Magnolia Promenade looks like it could be just another neighbourhood of Willow Creek or Newcrest, and has no special properties whatsoever. I get that it mostly serves as a stage to introduce players to premade functional retail shops, but they could at least have put the hospital and the police station on the map, too, making them editable and accessible even when you're not currently visiting them as an employee.
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    edited January 2021
    Sulani
    After more thinking I decided to pick Sulani. Sulani needs more background sound (it's too quiet there) and also I can dream of an underwater lot (if it's still possible to add one).

Edit: Del Sol Valley (leading this poll) is a good, compact world in my opinion. I like it a lot. Overall I feel like the worlds are the strong point of TS4.
  • ACruelButLovingGodACruelButLovingGod Posts: 708 Member
    Del Sol Valley
    Oh, Del Sol Valley, by a mile. San Myshuno actually manages to feel like a real city with its apartment buildings, tons going on in the open area, it reminds me a bit of hanging around in downtown Seattle. Even my suburban downtown manages to capture a bit of that vibe.

If Del Sol Valley is supposed to be basically Los Angeles/Hollywood, it should feel like L.A., with tons to see and do even if you just keep it to the entertainment industry. They could've done so much more with it but it came out feeling badly undercooked.
    (he/him)
    And remember this above all. Our Roman gods are watching. Make sure they are not ashamed!
    My NBA site, Pace and Space
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    edited January 2021
    San Myshuno
    Forgotten Hollow is just so small, and so is Glimmerbrook and Strangeville - and yet they have all these tiny shell-houses around.

But San Myshuno has a lot of visual shells too.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • RySBIRySBI Posts: 329 Member
    Specifically Glimmerbrook. I just wanted more lots and some kind of central area, like what Forgotten Hollow has. Strangerville is fine too.
  • RySBIRySBI Posts: 329 Member
    [quote="Mareah;c-17587884"]Voted San myshuno because i feel the apartments need improvements, they are tied to the world so i guess it counts?
    [quote="Chazzzy;c-17587870"]The 4-lot world that came with Get To Work. Can’t think of the name and don’t see it listed as a choice in the poll. [/quote]
    I forget that one exists, what is it even called.

[/quote]

Ah you’re thinking of Magnolia Promenade. Yeah I don’t use that one either. Could have been nice but feels underused.
  • Amj1995Amj1995 Posts: 4,068 Member
    Del Sol Valley
    I think Del Sol Valley. It seems to be inspired by a California city. It has potential to really have a good neighborhood, but it needs more lots.
    Ex. I imagine a beach being there, more restaurants, a club, at least three neighborhoods with 3 lots min. imo.
  • taydevtaydev Posts: 912 Member
    Del Sol Valley
    Del Sol Valley for sure. It's supposed to be inspired by Los Angeles, yet fell terribly short with so little lots, including zero beach lots/condos. Also that 40x30 lot in Mirage park is ridiculous when it should have been split into two lots, or even three. Forgotten Hollow needs to be bigger as well. Would have been nice if it were an acutal world with enough lots to fit both community venues and residential for more than five households. Same goes for Glimmerbrook. I'm over Magnolia Promenade and just use it for retail and restaurants now.