Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

unpopular opinions

Comments

• Options
    AbraKadabraAbraKadabra Posts: 304 Member
    CAS related: I hate cozy knitwear, loose hoodies and sweatpants we've been getting since Discover University. I want more flashy and eccentric items, more fancy suits and cocktail dresses, more high heels... just generally, more fashionable CAS items.
  • Options
    LornaLowenherzLornaLowenherz Posts: 2 New Member
    I think the get famous gameplay is to easy to get famous and I would like more of a challenge with that.
  • Options
    Marduc_PlaysMarduc_Plays Posts: 416 Member
    Other Games/Developers are much better at communicating with their players (aka customers)
    Parcour - the art of jumping to conclusions.
  • Options
    afternoonbaboonafternoonbaboon Posts: 252 Member
    edited July 2020
    Krueger wrote: »
    I completely agree with you, I love the game, but I think this thread is for Sims opinions, not just video games on general.

(TLOU 2 is so good though)

Nope, I think this is for all unpopular opinions. I specifically checked before posting to avoid this issue, been there once, never go again.\\

Anyway, another unpopular opinion: Get To Work is almost completely useless.
    WweQvgh.gif

we love you kathleen hanna
  • Options
    SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    edited July 2020
    Oh now I remember thanks @afternoonbaboon unpopular opinion: GTW might not have replayability in the active job department but I use the retail feature more than I use anything else in the game.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • Options
    OrangeSodaSINOrangeSodaSIN Posts: 58 Member
    i enjoy gtw.
  • Options
    SchmoloopSchmoloop Posts: 116 Member
    Not sure if this is an unpopular opinion, but I've seen a lot of people saying they don't want the color wheel back. I want it back because I make Sims who are very pale, very dark, and sims with unnatural skin tones and the makeup usually wont match with their skin.
    。゚゚・。・゚゚。
    .~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~..~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'
     ゚・。・
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I don't like at all the idea of a carnival or themed park for a pack. I can't think of it as nothing more than watching my sims do more boring activities... what fun could it be? Watch my sims ride the attractions while eats some cotton candy? I want more non ordinary stuff for my sims to do...
  • Options
    lovelyskysxlovelyskysx Posts: 93 Member
    telmarina wrote: »
    I don't like at all the idea of a carnival or themed park for a pack. I can't think of it as nothing more than watching my sims do more boring activities... what fun could it be? Watch my sims ride the attractions while eats some cotton candy? I want more non ordinary stuff for my sims to do...

I WOULD LOVE THAT!!

• Options
    zorba2357zorba2357 Posts: 6,103 Member
    I don't care if my sim children ever grow up. I want to play sims 1 and 2 style EASILY switching between all sims or families. I want the old photo album , and I don't care if there's an open world. I don't want the color wheel. And that's just for starters.
  • Options
    StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    zorba2357 wrote: »
    I don't care if my sim children ever grow up. I want to play sims 1 and 2 style EASILY switching between all sims or families. I want the old photo album , and I don't care if there's an open world. I don't want the color wheel. And that's just for starters.

Yes the old photo album!!! Thats the first thing i wanted in ts4
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,382 Member
    I couldn't care less about the color wheel.
  • Options
    LyrieLyrie Posts: 881 Member
    Maybe this is one:

I don’t mind loading screens at all and they have never made me adverse to taking my sims multiple places a day.

I’ve heard/ seen talk of them being a leave the lot killer, but for me they are fine, I play on (current) low end PC, but they only take like 1min to 3mins, 5mind tops with tons of CC, I just dilly-dally on my phone lol mostly on here!
  • Options
    duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    I hated Get Together and love Romantic Garden and Eco Lifestyle. Most people I know hate eco Ang RG and loved get together. I never use the town or clubs but use cas items and build stuff
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Options
    KruegerKrueger Posts: 130 Member
    Tixyen wrote: »
    Maybe this is one:

I don’t mind loading screens at all and they have never made me adverse to taking my sims multiple places a day.

I’ve heard/ seen talk of them being a leave the lot killer, but for me they are fine, I play on (current) low end PC, but they only take like 1min to 3mins, 5mind tops with tons of CC, I just dilly-dally on my phone lol mostly on here!

The loading screens are only an issue for me when they take forever. That's why I hated them so much in 2; it could take me up to 10 minutes just to get to a lot. Even with a lot of packs my loading times aren't near that bad in 4. In some cases the time it takes to load a lot is the same as the amount of time it would take for a sim to drive somewhere in 3 (depending on the car).
  • Options
    mikkimouse1978mikkimouse1978 Posts: 1,497 Member
    Unpopular Opinion: I don't enjoy the Sims 4.

I just purchased The Sims 4 because it was on sale for $5.00 along with one of the expansion packs because it was on sale for $10.00; however, I do not enjoy the game. The most interesting thing I have found about this game is the Create a Sim. In fact, The Sims 4 makes me miss The Sims 3.
  • Options
    KruegerKrueger Posts: 130 Member
    I don't want 5 to have all of the "legacy" packs (University, pets, seasons, etc). I understand why people want these packs, I agree that a lot of the packs the community thinks are required for each generation are big parts of real life. But at this point we have anywhere from three to four games with these features. I would love it if the team for 5 was given the go ahead to make the packs they wanted to make and ignore the ones they've already done.

We'll always be able to play past games. But if the community keeps insisting every little feature is repeated then we'll never have anything new to play.
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I like that seasons changed gardening. I find it challenging and realistic that different species can grow and are harvested in different seasons.
  • Options
    BastetBastet Posts: 56 Member
    > @M_Valentine22 said:
    > how it works:
    >
    > you post an unpopular opinion that you have and if you see one that you agree with, you like it to let the person know that they're not the only one
    > (dont like a comment that you don't agree with)
    >
    > ill start: caleb vatore is not hot
    >
    > edit: i completely forgot i made this dicussion and i just came on here to post about the sims 4 university leak but then i saw this dicussion got 7.9k views. dope times we live in

This.

Here's my opinion: I think Vladislaus Straud is way more attractive than valtore. Or any other sim.
    Guess I like Vlad an unhealthy amount :/
  • Options
    CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    edited August 2020
    The current screenshot manager has been dumbed down and is useless to me now. I would love to have the old screenshot manager back. It was one of the most innovative storytelling mechanics in the entire series and the developers took it away.

• Perfect chronological order
    • A separate album for each household instead of all screenshots being mixed into one big mess
    • Players were allowed to assign the accompanying emotion to each screenshot instead of the game
    • Players were allowed to tag each Sim in the screenshot so that different households could share common memories. Once on the other lot, the emotions attached to the screenshot could be changed to show that the same memories had different meanings to each individual Sim. One Sim could remember a moment fondly. Another Sim would remember the same moment as sad or angry -- exactly like real life.
    • Screenshot management was generally more detailed and intuitive for those of us who like storytelling.

Why was all of that yummy goodness taken away?
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Options
    StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    I don't think EL is as bad as everybody wants it to be.
  • Options
    SimbastienSimbastien Posts: 111 Member
    I'm not interested in playing with pets in The Sims
  • Options
    EteyraEteyra Posts: 26 Member
    I can't do any legacy gameplay cause I can't watch my sims die. I grow too attached to them and I end up having a million different families.
  • Options
    FamilyFriendFamilyFriend Posts: 24 Member
    I'm not a fan of laundry, my sims are constantly getting their clothes dirty and change at least 5 times a day
  • Options
    fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    edited August 2020
    Simbastien wrote: »
    I'm not interested in playing with pets in The Sims

Me neither. I always dread the inevitable pets pack. The weird thing is that the first ever ep I played was ts2 pets and I really liked it. It was the one for ps2 where you could either be the pet or the sim but not both. Don't know why but I like that version the most and haven't liked a single one after.
    Eteyra wrote: »
    I can't do any legacy gameplay cause I can't watch my sims die. I grow too attached to them and I end up having a million different families.

I used to be the same way. Took me a year or more to ever see the death animation for ts3 because as soon as my sim aged up to elder I would start a new game.
    I'm not a fan of laundry, my sims are constantly getting their clothes dirty and change at least 5 times a day

I hate laundry in any iteration of this game. I don't like doing laundry in real life why would I want to do it in a game? The constant clothes piles on the floor are more of an annoyance to me than fun.

Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top