Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Freezer Bunny Club - A Reading Circle

Comments

• mercuryfoammercuryfoam Posts: 1,156 Member
    @Duvelina @Skeilah @_sims_Yimi @ajamkeevin @AdamsEve1231

Thank you for the kind wishes and sharing stories of your own furry companions. I feel comforted knowing I have you guys who share and are with me in honoring her memories. As you say, Gucci may not be human but she's family and we got her when we were still in high school. She accompanied us through so much hardships and good times and her presence brought so much happiness just as much as a friend or family. Logically, I know she's in a better place and we gave her our best and she lived a pretty long life but yeah it all feels too soon.

But I feel so much better reading your stories and gosh your fluffballs sound so cute. I agree, can't stay a messy pile with her spirit watching over me. Hopefully she's running around in doggo heaven instead. c:

Anyway, I don't want to detract us from the cool awards show we're about to have. @ajamkeevin I'm amazed by the banners, how tough the poll are, (I was so tempted to vote 5 on everything in some of the categories) and everything looks so classy! I'm pretty excited to find out what's next and I'm sure everyone are too so don't keep us waiting too long :)
  • AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    Last year in the spring, we got two new kittens. And then my sister's cat had a litter this year around COVID, and we decided to help her out. We planned on one and ended up with two. I have four cats now. Haha. Well on my way to crazy cat lady. My husband loves them too so we're crazy together. They are bundles of chaotic joy. I like dogs too, but cats seem to fit my lifestyle better. This is fun to share like this. Again, @mercuryfoam I wish you hope and peace and love. Your tribute was lovely. I got a real sense of Gucci's spirit and personality from your story. She sounds like a wonderful addition to your family and contributed many positive memories. Cherish those and know she's in your heart! :)
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    Ooo... I thought of other questions, @ajamkeevin!
    What made you pick Windenburg for the set for Kev & Get It? Would you ever do a season in a different city/world? Like Sulani or Selvadorada style or Strangerville?

Also would you 'accept' contestant submissions for future episodes? I was telling my offline friend about your story and she immediately said one or two of my characters from my ISBI legacy would be great as dramatic contestants on the show. It's totally fine to say 'no' and shoot me down. :# I'm just curious.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • ajamkeevinajamkeevin Posts: 278 Member
    Ahhh @everyone I’m currently at a remote location on a quarantine vacation, haha. Internet is kind of spotty but I will post the winners of the awards tomorrow, and @AdamsEve1231 I’ll respond to your questions in the next couple of days! Hope y’all are doing well, I can’t wait to get started on our new cycle of discussions! ☺️
  • SkeilahSkeilah Posts: 1,762 Member
    I can’t believe the second round is about to begin soon. It’s like yesterday that this topic opened.
    koppTCP.pngSubscribe to my WordPress blog to stay updated!
  • _sims_Yimi_sims_Yimi Posts: 1,747 Member
    I know, right? It goes by so quick - almost two months have passed since that first post but it doesn't feel like that at all!
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    Hosting D&D sessions on the side. Interested in playing through some fantasy-themed shenanigans? Send me a message 😘
    0dGJ7ov.jpg

Welcome, everyone, to the very first Freezer Bunny Awards Gala!
    I am thrilled to be your host for this first iteration of our little awards show! Wow, going from hosting a reality show to an awards show? ajmkv is a busy busy guy these days, huh?~

We've all cast our votes in each category of the awards, and I'm so, so excited to announce the winners! Since there are so few of us, there were logically ties in some of the categories, but I think the more winners the merrier! Before I start posting them, though, and if you're online please drop a message, do y'all want all the winners in one go (like in one single list) or do you want me to post in them in a few different posts so you can react to them as they come along? Both options are cool with me.

I'll be back shortly with the winners!

• DuvelinaDuvelina Posts: 2,619 Member
    In one go is good for me, maybe in spoiler tags so the thread doesn't slow down from the amount of pictures!
    In one go is also good for me!
    Yasssss, here we go! In one go with spoiler tags for each category should work fine! :mrgreen:
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    Hosting D&D sessions on the side. Interested in playing through some fantasy-themed shenanigans? Send me a message 😘
    edited August 2020
    0dGJ7ov.jpg

All right everyone! We had 16 categories, some very contested, and now we have our winners! I'm pleased to say that we've each received a little bit of the glory, though one of us is going to be looking like Adele when she swept at the Grammys~

adele-win--z.jpg

But who will it be? Well, let's find out!

THE WINNERS:
    Character & Scene Categories
    OK9tqzd.jpg
    This category was a runaway success for the winner, who received everybody's full 5 points!
    The winner for Best Female Lead is:
    MORGANA!

bYMKzfr.jpg
    This was one of the most contested categories!
    It seems like our supporting female characters are very strong, because they received a lot of love here
    and also in the Fan-Favorite Character category. Here, there is a three-way tie!
    The winners for Best Female Supporting are:
    ENCA, AYESHA, AND JACQUELINE!

FDJZ3gd.jpg
    Another hotly contested category. We have a tie!
    The winners for Best Male Lead are:
    ARTHUR AND CURTIS!

BJJNtId.jpg
    Another tie here between two major cuties from our stories.
    The winners for Best Male Supporting are:
    GAWAIN AND NINJA!

6hULlxT.jpg
    This was probably THE most dramatic nail-biter of the awards.
    One nominee almost snatched a solo win, but another iconic nominee sneaked up behind her and we have a tie!
    Two very different, but equally evil winners.
    The winners for Villain We Love To Hate are:
    HIGH CHAIR OF DOOM AND CHARLEE!

2J43Wd9.jpg
    So here we have another tie, and I think it's between two very different couples:
    one, an epic bromance; the other, a couple that have the most adorable family in the world.
    The winners for Best Couple are:
    LIZ & BRENT AND GAWAIN & ARTHUR!

Qwjs3TL.jpg
    For the Fan Favorite Character category, we submitted 21 characters from all 6 of our stories!
    One of them received 4 votes, and several received 2, so I'm setting it so each character that received at least 2 votes gets a win here!
    The winners for Fan Favorite Character are:
    GAWAIN, HARRISON, BRENT, ENCA, JACQUELINE, AVERY, AYESHA, AND MORGANA!
    If you're curious, the following characters each received one vote: Gage, Curtis, Max, Arthur, Kirino,
    China, Grim, Sarah, Amy, Ninja, Davis, Luna, and Liz

xtPxDS5.jpg
    Another tie! This one was super interesting, the winning scenes are VERY different.
    The winners for Juiciest Scene are:
    Todd reveals Matthieu's throuple relationship to Harrison AND A Watery Grave!

General Categories
    hibXnQi.jpg
    Each of these nominees received votes, but only one snatched the trophy!
    The winner for Best Slice-of-Life is:
    TOO GOOD AT GOODBYES!

diCvmGC.jpg
    The winner of this category had an almost perfect collection of top scores from all of us! Great pictures, beautiful pictures.♥
    The winner for Best Picture-Taking is:
    _SIMS_YIMI!

HIcoFnl.jpg
    Another hotly contested category, but the winner of this one slightly edged out the competition at the final moment!
    The winner for Best Banner/Blog Image is:
    AJMKV!

syiZjy9.jpg
    Now, THIS one was almost impossible to call. In the end, we have three winners, and deservedly so!
    The winners for Best Writing are:
    _SIMS_YIMI, MERCURYFOAM, AND ADAMSEVE1231!

yJNACaG.jpg
    This winner of this category rose head and shoulders above the competition and snatched a well-deserved win!
    The winner for Best Worldbuilding is:
    ADAMSEVE1231 / SIMTERRA!

2GGIGR7.jpg
    The last of the ties! Y'all, we make our Sims look goooooooood. :wink:
    The winners for Best Sim Styling are:
    _SIMS_YIMI, DUVELINA, AND AJMKV!

FQyTynn.jpg
    I think we were all in agreement with this one, since the winner received an almost perfect set of top scores.
    We're all great authors here, but we have chosen one of us as the best for this cycle!
    The winner for Best Author is:
    _SIMS_YIMI!

hl12RRP.jpg
    Similarly to Best Author, Best Story had a clear-cut winner almost from the beginning, and what a story it is!
    I am thrilled to announce that the winner for Best Story is:
    TALES OF CAMELOT!

Let's have a round of applause for our winners! Now, we can each say that we have won Freezer Bunny Award! I don't know about y'all, but I'm going to put mine right on my mantel, it's an honor. And Kyungri is going to be mad she didn't win an award, y'all are going to be hearing from her lawyers.~ eheheh

Thank you everyone for voting in the first Freezer Bunny Awards Gala. I love our Reading Circle so much, so thank you for being a part of such a wonderful and bright place on the internet! I've had a blast during this first cycle of reading, and I'm pumped for our second round! Cheers, everyone~ :heart:
    Congratulations on your many awards, @_sims_Yimi! Well-deserved. ☺
    @everyone
    Oh my. You guys <3 I’m touched that you think so highly of me. I’ve always been quite negative of my writing, so to know you all enjoy it so much really means the world to me. <3

Do I say some things? Is that what I'm supposed to do? I have no idea how this works, so. I’m just gonna go for it. At the risk of sounding like a fool:
    08-02-20-9-29-06-PM.jpg
    Thank you all so much for being a part of this reading circle with me. With everything that’s going on in the world and most of us stuck inside, it’s honestly one of the highlights of my week for me, and I’m really grateful that you’re all here. Both for the idea sharing and the goofiness. You’ve all made a pretty lonely year just a little bit less lonely. <3

And none of that would’ve been possible if not for @ajamkeevin sending that message on the forums back then, and everyone joining. You’re all fantastic people and deserve all the freezer bunny ice cream you can drink. And the pancakes. And the strawberry sundaes. And whatever else you fancy because every single one of you is amazing. :blush:

08-02-20-9-32-42-PM.jpg
    See you next round, guys. Here’s one freezer bunny that loves you all. <3

J6AKQqX.jpg
    Congratulations @_sims_Yimi! Well deserved indeed!

Congratulations to all the winners!

And thank you everyone for the Worldbuilding award. I am so thrilled you all love Simterra.

Also Ayesha is thrilled to share the best secondary character with the goddess Enca and sweet Jaqueline!

Thanks for all your hard work @ajamkeevin on this ceremony!

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    It's @Skeilah's turn again, right? Phew, I'm glad I'm all caught up!
    Aww thanks everyone! I loved doing the awards, they were fun! And @_sims_Yimi I may have started the circle but you all make it fun :blush:

And yeah! @Skeilah it’s your turn again! Looking forward to your discussion questions :3
    Thank you for hosting, @ajamkeevin! It was so much fun. 😊
    Congratulations to everyone who won an award! @_sims_Yimi you really deserved it ^^

Ninja is very happy that he won the Best Male Support Award and I laughed soooo hard when the high chair of doom also won an award xD Liz and Brent thank you all for voting them the best couple!

I really liked the awards! Thank you for hosting, Kev!

----

Yay, my turn again! I have the idea that most of the people are caught up with my story. In the first thread we left off at Chapter 1.9. I'm currently at Chapter 1.30 (and I'm also going to publish 1.31 today). Are you all good with 1.10 to 1.31? Or do you want less? Just let me know and I'll fix the questions later :D
    High Chair of Doom being the iconique villain no one saw coming :lol:

And yeah! I’m good with all chapters up to 1.31. I’m not 100% caught up but I don’t have that many to catch up on!
    edited August 2020
    Okay, here are the questions! I tried to order them but I already know that it's not 100% ordered because I switched some things xD I hope you like the questions and I look forward to read the answers! <3
    1. Are there specific things in my writing style that changed for you (in a good or bad way)? If yes, why do you like or dislike the change?

2. Brent didn’t leave a good impression on everyone at first. Did your thoughts about Brent changed as the story went on? How do you look at Brent right now?

3. What do you think about the family pictures I sometimes put in the beginning of a chapter?

4. The two lovebirds became parents to 3 children. How do you think they’re handling it?

5. I made a walkthrough for the City Living Recipes and the Experimental Food Prints. Did you find those useful? Should I do this more often for other generations when needed?

6. I have this habit of taking screenshots whenever I renovate something. Do you find this irritating or do you like to see the changes?

7. Oliver loved Ella from the beginning, but Ella didn’t like Oliver at first. Eventually she got a liking to him and now they’re ready to face everything together. Do you think that Oliver would have a different personality if he chose Alison as his 'favorite' sister?

8. What do you think of Antonio and my personal tradition when it comes to first friends?

9. What do you think of muscular Liz? xD

10. What did you think of the Lighthouse Adventure with Brent and Ninja? Did you read it or did you just skip it? Do you like this sort of mini stories in between the actual story, or do you like them to disappear as fast as they can?

11. How heartbroken were you when Ninja aged into an old dog and how heartbroken will you be when he’ll die? (just so I know how to deal with this because yeah, I can’t stop him from dying).

12. Alison, Ella and Oliver are now kids. They have a personality and I hope that those personalities reached you.
    a. Alison is the sweetest daughter in the world (although she was a difficult toddler and can be sneaky sometimes). She wants to help everyone as much as she can and is constantly trying to stop her siblings from misbehaving too much. Do you also get this impression of her?

b. Ella is a rebel. She’s very picky in everything, even when it comes to liking people (although she does like Oliver and Levi). Do you also get this impression of her?

c. Oliver is like the male version of Ella, but the big difference between them? He knows his limits (unlike Ella). He’s more like a curious social flower who wants to explore the different things the world has to offer, especially the world of music. Do you also get this impression of him?

13. When I learn new things, I have a habit of telling everyone about what I’ve learned (for example: the kitchen cabinets in chapter 1.28). What do you think of that? Should I just go on with it, or better leave it be?

14. You haven’t seen him a lot, but what is your first impression on Levi? Same question for Dulce.

15. What do you think of the first draft of the restaurant?

16. Do you have any questions for me?
    I'm going to do my answers in parts to space it throughout the week.

Questions 1-5
    1. Are there specific things in my writing style that changed for you (in a good or bad way)? If yes, why do you like or dislike the change?

2. Brent didn’t leave a good impression on everyone at first. Did your thoughts about Brent changed as the story went on? How do you look at Brent right now?

3. What do you think about the family pictures I sometimes put in the beginning of a chapter?

4. The two lovebirds became parents to 3 children. How do you think they’re handling it?

5. I made a walkthrough for the City Living Recipes and the Experimental Food Prints. Did you find those useful? Should I do this more often for other generations when needed?

1. I don't think much changed in your writing style. Not that I noticed anyway. Maybe you've become sassier after getting positive feedback from us as readers? I like how you make fun of Brent all the time. It makes me laugh. It's nice to read a story that doesn't take itself too seriously.

2. I still don't like Brent for cheating, but I did start to soften towards him. I think he's a bit of an airhead which makes him funny to read about. He's a good dad though. He has a gentle dad approach where Liz is a tough mom. It balances each other out. So, I like Brent more than I did before.

3. I don't think I've noticed those actually. Hm, I wonder why. I like family pictures in general though!

4. I think they're doing the best they can. They're not perfect parents, but that's realistic and I like the conversations they have with their kids around the house.

5. I never look at the walkthrough to be honest. I read along with the story and I think that's info enough. Other people might think it's useful going off of what I've read in the answers in this thread before.
    edited August 2020
    @Skeilah Incoming! :mrgreen:
    Yes! You’ve really improved in terms of showing everyone’s personalities. It’s a very good change in my opinion. I like reading them bounce off each other, especially Ella hating on everyone despite being the cutest of the bunch. You’re also joking more in your chapters and seem a little more confident overall, so that’s all good! Well done!

Absolutely! He turned from a bad first-time dad to a very sweet father and a good husband. He’s still adorable with Ninja too, and I like how he is aware of you and constantly comments on it. XD

They do a good job at showing everyone slowly growing up. Ninja getting old and grey is sad.

They’re… handling it XD The toddler stage was the worst, but it always is. Two toddlers and a baby is just ridiculously much to handle, haha. At least they no longer have to clean as much paint and baking soda off the floor.

I don’t have the pack, so I can’t comment on this one. =)

6. I have this habit of taking screenshots whenever I renovate something. Do you find this irritating or do you like to see the changes?
    It’s nice to see the house change as its people grow. Their home is growing with them, so to speak.

7. Oliver loved Ella from the beginning, but Ella didn’t like Oliver at first. Eventually she got a liking to him and now they’re ready to face everything together. Do you think that Oliver would have a different personality if he chose Alison as his 'favorite' sister?
    Perhaps. But I like them as a duo. I’m eager for all three of them to grow into strong adults. ^^

8. What do you think of Antonio and my personal tradition when it comes to first friends?
    I think it’s hilarious. And a good way of making the game surprise you, because that’s already hard enough to do in the sims. Poor npcs who don’t get a choice though, haha.

9. What do you think of muscular Liz? xD
    Her arms are super buff! Much approved. Much approved indeed.

10. What did you think of the Lighthouse Adventure with Brent and Ninja? Did you read it or did you just skip it? Do you like this sort of mini stories in between the actual story, or do you like them to disappear as fast as they can?
    I didn’t pay them that much attention, but I can imagine how it’s fun to be the one playing through them =)

11. How heartbroken were you when Ninja aged into an old dog and how heartbroken will you be when he’ll die? (just so I know how to deal with this because yeah, I can’t stop him from dying).
    T.T noooooooo don’t remind me. Him running away twice was bad enough already!

12. Alison, Ella and Oliver are now kids. They have a personality and I hope that those personalities reached you.
    a. Alison is the sweetest daughter in the world (although she was a difficult toddler and can be sneaky sometimes). She wants to help everyone as much as she can and is constantly trying to stop her siblings from misbehaving too much. Do you also get this impression of her?
    Yes. She’s definitely the sweet one, though I do remember her manipulating the people around her multiple times. That’s one to watch out for in the future, haha.

b. Ella is a rebel. She’s very picky in everything, even when it comes to liking people (although she does like Oliver and Levi). Do you also get this impression of her?
    Yup! Her comments have been cracking me up since she was a toddler, when she wanted to get rid of her baby brother. Also her insistence on making a red-haired friend while her red-haired sister was right there. So far Ella is my favourite.

c. Oliver is like the male version of Ella, but the big difference between them? He knows his limits (unlike Ella). He’s more like a curious social flower who wants to explore the different things the world has to offer, especially the world of music. Do you also get this impression of him?
    We haven’t seen that much of Oliver yet since he’s the youngest, but so far, he seems like a sweet kid. Since he’s your heir, I assume we’ll be seeing a lot more of him!

13. When I learn new things, I have a habit of telling everyone about what I’ve learned (for example: the kitchen cabinets in chapter 1.28). What do you think of that? Should I just go on with it, or better leave it be?
    YOU CAN RESIZE THE KITCHEN CABINETS. I had NO idea. Seriously. The more you know! xD

14. You haven’t seen him a lot, but what is your first impression on Levi? Same question for Dulce.
    I don’t think I can answer this yet. We haven’t seen that much of them, and they’re still kids.

15. What do you think of the first draft of the restaurant?
    It looks good! It kinda reminds me of a ski lodge from the outside, with the snow covering it.

16. Do you have any questions for me?
    How are you enjoying the challenge so far? Is it easy, hard, just right?
    Of the three kids, who is your favourite?
    Are you looking forward to the next generation?
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    edited August 2020
    I did a fun thing with the website Artbreeder and managed to create some characters from Too Good at Goodbyes as photo-realistic humans.

Lucy
    Wedding-Makeup.jpg
    Lucy-Amador.jpg

Neal
    05-16-20-9-00-23-PM.jpg
    Neal-Villareal.jpg

Sofia
    Lost-in-Thought.png
    Sofia-Bjergsen.jpg

Luna
    Confessing-Dating-Sofia.png
    Luna-Villareal.jpg

Juliana
    Juliana.png
    Juliana-Rocca.jpg

Jacqueline
    04-20-20-12-56-33-PM.jpg
    Jacqueline-Villareal.jpg

Hugo
    Mentioning-Flirty-Festival-Vibe.png
    Hugo-Villareal.jpg

Allyson (so pretty!)
    Allyson-Child.png
    Allyson-Holder.jpg

Wow! That's amazing! :love: And Jaqueline and Allyson are absolutely gorgeous! All of them are, really. How did you do that? Do you upload a picture and the AI turns it into a human, or?
    J6AKQqX.jpg