Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Next Game Pack icon leaked on Official Sims website.

Comments

• Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    @rudy8292 wrote: »
    I'm wondering.. what if it is a Star Wars themed/inspired pack (and it seems like it from what previous people pointed out in this thread)

What can they add with that as Gameplay elements? What kind of Gameplay Objects and stuff can they actually add to the pack? Star Wars is very specific so I am wondering what kind of Gameplay features this pack will possibly have?

I mean is adding normal telescopes a thing? That would make at least sense to use outside that pack too.
    I am not a Star Wars expert so I am wondering what it will have Gameplay wise.

I believe some Astronomy (or Astrology) skill and items like portable telescopes could be part of it, but I remember one of the features in the community vote stuff packs was 'Portable Hologram Best Friend'. Hologram = Star Wars
    Far fetched, but using 'The Force' as a skill would be nice...
  • Options
    AHolyToiletAHolyToilet Posts: 870 Member
    If the Sims team stated that this pack is "a major first for us", then it's probably not a Winter getaway pack like some are speculating because Outdoor Retreat and Jungle Adventure are similar to the theme of getaways. I'll have to agree that it seems like a space pack since drawing three snowballs in the air seems unusual. Wouldn't it just be snowflakes? They strike me more as celestial objects. If so, I welcome the pack. Perhaps it could make aliens more interesting as I largely ignore them compared to other occults.
  • Options
    NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    logion wrote: »
    Cemirror wrote: »
    How would Star Wars and Batuu relate to a French pig chef though?

huh? I'm confused? LOL

SimGuruGeorge posted this:

I think it is maybe a hint to another pack.

Or maybe SimGuruGeorge also watched The Muppet Show as a kid and is referencing "Pigs in Space". We'll find out soon enough, I guess.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • Options
    ChatonChaton Posts: 144 Member
    > @Netzspannung said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > Or maybe SimGuruGeorge also watched The Muppet Show as a kid and is referencing "Pigs in Space". We'll find out soon enough, I guess.

Could it be because the pig's ears are very similar to Yoda's ? That's a stretch, but...
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    edited August 2020
    @Chaton wrote: »
    Could it be because the pig's ears are very similar to Yoda's ? That's a stretch, but...

I like the way you think! :D
  • Options
    "Pigs in Space" was a very popular segment on the show and Mark Hamill was even a guest once, so that's really the first thing that came to mind. But sure, why not the ears.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required

we all try ...
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    edited August 2020
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,719 Member
    It's interesting if it will be a theme park, because I seem to recall that they have said that theme parks was something that they would not do for the sims4. I always assumed the reason was because you would need pretty big lots in order to build things like roller coasters.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    It's interesting if it will be a theme park, because I seem to recall that they have said that theme parks was something that they would not do for the sims4. I always assumed the reason was because you would need pretty big lots in order to build things like roller coasters.

They don't have to be on a lot in TS4. They put skating rinks off lot, they could do the same with a roller coaster track.
  • Options
    SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    I actually would be kind of interested if it was a theme park, depending on how it's done.
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    I don’t know but that objects is in the game. I’m not sure if it’s new but I saw it in my catalog.

huh? I'm confused? LOL

Or maybe SimGuruGeorge also watched The Muppet Show as a kid and is referencing "Pigs in Space". We'll find out soon enough, I guess.

• Options
    Dianesims wrote: »
    I don’t know but that objects is in the game. I’m not sure if it’s new but I saw it in my catalog.

huh? I'm confused? LOL

I know that object is in the game. I was not questioning that. But now I actually think that my idea regarding this hint is much too obscure and if is supposed to be a hint at a space pack, it's probably the ear thing.

we all try ...
  • Options
    SthenastiaSthenastia Posts: 651 Member
    Anyway, to be honest I still hope that it will be winter or another theme than Star Wars.
  • Options
    kayt45kayt45 Posts: 434 Member
    I would be so down for an alien pack. Aliens are the most poorly done “occult” in the game. They need some love. But I can also see the mountain and cabin too. Maybe the icon is different because it involves an alien world instead of the regular sim one?
  • Options
    KartaiKartai Posts: 1,206 Member
    Star Wars: The Old Republic collaboration if it is Star Wars I'm not into it I'm not a big Star Wars fan.
  • Options
    akasevenakaseven Posts: 279 Member
    kayt45 wrote: »
    I would be so down for an alien pack. Aliens are the most poorly done “occult” in the game. They need some love. But I can also see the mountain and cabin too. Maybe the icon is different because it involves an alien world instead of the regular sim one?

oh i see the point, maybe the reason of the icon be different was because he invert of the basic pattern due to the fact that they are aliens, "inverted world" references I suppose
  • Options
    BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member

huh? I'm confused? LOL

Farming? You get pigs and you can sell or cook them up?
    giphy.gif

• Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »
    Anyone have any ideas on what the light blue stripe is meant to be? Looks kinda like a spotlight, or the light that comes down from the spaceship. An allusion to being 'beamed up' into a space ship maybe? - nah it's too wide for that. Also looks kinda like a road in the distance but then we'd have to assume that the dark blue is not meant to be the sky.

for a second i thought it could be underwater instead of space and that is sun hitting ocean floor and the round thingies are bubbles and that whatever building is ??? but also feels incorrect cause why would bubbles line up like that

this starting to feel like interpreting art

my father thought of the underwater idea maybe they are caused by air from a mechanical thing
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    Dakota88 wrote: »
    Dakota88 wrote: »
    I am just vastly disappointed. I was so excited for this gamepack due to all the hints from the knifty knitting trailer. Now it's just another plum Strangerville like alien pack (or worse: Star Wars) and I already hate it even though I don't know what comes with it yet. It honestly can't be interesting for me in any way if it's space themed.

I don't want farming with strange creatures (someone posted that in that star wars world there is farming), I want real farming. I don't want my Sims to travel to some strange planet and I don't want aliens roaming my towns.

I hate it, I really hate it and I have never been more disappointed (except for when Strangerville was released). I am so not going to buy this. This will be the first pack I definitely won't buy.

You don't think they would bring something like Strangerville a story-based pack again? Oh god please no no no no no!

This would even make this worse, lol

if it is, gonna tell you right now..HUGE backlash....and it will just put the nail on the coffin for me that they DO not know what this fanbase wants and refuse to listen.

I liked strangerville and sims 4 is my favorite sims game so I would say they do know what the fan base wants
  • Options

simguru duke already said its not a theme park
  • Options
    g01denswan wrote: »
    It’s not a space gp as space is not the most popular destination to elope. It’s not even an option for elopement. :)

it could be in the sims
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,719 Member

simguru duke already said its not a theme park

Yeah, you are right, I remember him tweeting about it.

• Options
    SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    kayt45 wrote: »

@kayt45 A lot of people will be mad though if the update the aliens in a game pack.
    I personally don't know yet how I feel about this but I know a lot of people complained when that happened with vampires in the Sims 3.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • Options
    TS1299 wrote: »
    I am a bit torn about this.

One One Hand if this is about Aliens, Then it would be a DLC for DLC like MFPS. On the other hand if this is a space themed world, but instead of improving aliens we get another occult, then Aliens would be left mediocore in The Sims 4.

Still hoping it is not a Space Theme pack. Romance Pack or anything that would add depth to current gameplay such as parenthood is the pack that I am looking for.

maybe they will put aliens in the new pack they did that in supernatural in sims 3 with vampires
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member

Most of Disney's rides are inside/dark rides, so they could rabbit hole them. I know most people don't like that idea (and I'm not fond of it either) but if rides were what was holding them back, it does make it more possible.