Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Next Game Pack icon leaked on Official Sims website.

Comments

• ElectraRaiElectraRai Posts: 99 Member
    I think SW theme is highly possible (especially after all your comments xd) sword fight animation is already in game (get famous ep) so feature with lightsaber fights is basically finished, some animations from vampires could be used for using force, pisces are commimg together imo
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member
    I mean imagine if the just gave us this Star wars Gamepack to advertise their Star wars game... That would be so EA :lol:

In that case I wouldn’t mind it one bit! :p
  • peragogoperagogo Posts: 223 Member
    Wow, this thread has been busy.

Did anyone link the Future Cube lines to Star Wars yet?
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    @SimmerGeorge Well, since an update has never included romance, personalities, freed babies, cars, more activities for all age groups, etc. perhaps EA has plans to charge us for it. I agree everything I stated as being missing should be in an update/updates, but since these are things that will need time and monetary resources to complete, EA might need some incentive. Such as charging forty dollars for an EP which should really be called The Sims4 Base Game: Part 2. I realize what I wish for will probably never happen, but as long as we're all speculating on what this newest GP is all about, I wanted to add the fact the game is missing many pieces that we've been waiting for, for a long time, too.
  • HaflingerHaflinger Posts: 973 Member
    I mean imagine if the just gave us this Star wars Gamepack to advertise their Star wars game... That would be so EA :lol:

Wouldn't mind it either. I've pretty much finished Battlefront anyway, can't play SWTOR anymore because my Windows emulator is old and I don't wanna pay to upgrade it, and haven't bought Fallen Order yet. Been in kinda a funk because I miss trooping like whoa, so some Sims 4 from far far away could be awful fun.
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Dakota88 wrote: »
    I am just vastly disappointed. I was so excited for this gamepack due to all the hints from the knifty knitting trailer. Now it's just another plum Strangerville like alien pack (or worse: Star Wars) and I already hate it even though I don't know what comes with it yet. It honestly can't be interesting for me in any way if it's space themed.

I don't want farming with strange creatures (someone posted that in that star wars world there is farming), I want real farming. I don't want my Sims to travel to some strange planet and I don't want aliens roaming my towns.

I hate it, I really hate it and I have never been more disappointed (except for when Strangerville was released). I am so not going to buy this. This will be the first pack I definitely won't buy.

I really think farming will be an EP and we still have one left this year (most likely anyway). Given that just cats and dogs was also an EP, if we get pigs, chickens, cows and maybe even horses, I sincerely doubt we'd get all of that in a GP :)
  • EliasVersaceEliasVersace Posts: 477 Member
    edited August 2020
    peragogo wrote: »

'The Future is soon.™' I think the TM here could be read as the trademark of another EA-related IP - Star Wars.

'Side by side. Sure. Spaced out, Yup. Stack 'em up? Hmmm.'

'The most popular destination to elope is not yet known.' An undiscovered/unknown planet. (this one could potentially hint at other content)
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Meh. It would be nice if aliens were improved, yes, but I'd rather that came in a patch because I don't use them nearly enough to want to buy a pack for that. I'll probably never buy a sci-fi pack (again). I bought ITF for Sims 3 when I wanted to spice my game up, after a long time of swearing I never would, and I didn't like it at all. Then again, I felt the same about Late Night and Showtime, all of those were purchases I ended up regretting.

Werewolves could be a possibility because the icon looks like it may be displaying a full moon (or 3!), but again, I'm dubious. I didn't like the werewolves in Sims 3 either. The only werewolves I like really are the kind that turn into actual wolves but I can't see that happening.

I can't think of anything else the pack might be about, if this is genuine. The only themes I really want these days that would be worthy of a game pack are dragons or historical gameplay (medieval, ancient Rome or the English Regency era would be my top pics), and I doubt those things fit this icon.

They could patch in improved aliens as part of the pre-pack patch. They'll also need to do something to keep Sims from wandering out of their neighborhood; I don't want to see Nancy Landgraab jogging through an alien world. :o Maybe Sixam will be more like an alien outpost...
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member

@CAPTAIN_NXR7 Well if it doesn't have loot boxes then I'm all up for it too!
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member

@CAPTAIN_NXR7 Well if it doesn't have loot boxes then I'm all up for it too!

Hey they are play testing loot boxes for TS4 to see how it'll go for TS5.....I KID! This is a joke..couldn't you imagine? that would be an utter NIGHTMARE!
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,015 Member
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    I must search for it, but I'm sure that theme parks have been definitely ruled out for TS4 by a guru on Twitter.

They were, but

Many of Disney's rides are dark rides. Which means they're inside which means they can be Rabbit holed, rather than needing to be actual rides.

And I think that tweet is a few years old, from someone who is no longer in charge of the Sims. If they've found a way to do it since, they wouldn't announce it - well, until they announce it.

aww I don't want rabbit hole rides...make it so you can go on your sims with it like TS1.
    Heck yeah. First-person simming would be so useful here.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I want it to be sci-fi related very badly. Updated Aliens... link to Sixam? Yes please! Wouldn't be thrilled if it were Star Wars related really, but if I could play with it in other ways... okay sure. I can't see those three dots as anything but something planetary..
    egTcBMc.png
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Paigeisin5 wrote: »
    @SimmerGeorge Well, since an update has never included romance, personalities, freed babies, cars, more activities for all age groups, etc. perhaps EA has plans to charge us for it. I agree everything I stated as being missing should be in an update/updates, but since these are things that will need time and monetary resources to complete, EA might need some incentive. Such as charging forty dollars for an EP which should really be called The Sims4 Base Game: Part 2. I realize what I wish for will probably never happen, but as long as we're all speculating on what this newest GP is all about, I wanted to add the fact the game is missing many pieces that we've been waiting for, for a long time, too.

They could supply some of those things in free patches that tie into a larger themed GP. For example, when they patched in photography to BG when it was originally in GTW, it was for taking Simstagram pictures of pets in C&D, then they expanded on it with Moschino SP. Romance could be in an update that ties into a pack that improves dating and weddings. They could have a few basic cars in a patch, then add more like they did with Fast Lane in Sims 3.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,867 Member
    That thing is in the build/buy catalog, in “decor/sculptures”. Is it new ?
    logion wrote: »
    Cemirror wrote: »
    How would Star Wars and Batuu relate to a French pig chef though?

huh? I'm confused? LOL

SimGuruGeorge posted this:

I think it is maybe a hint to another pack.

Good find xD

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    edited August 2020
    It literally looks like Batuu from Star Wars.
    E68-B6-BCF-A7-A7-4-D2-D-8-F58-7-D8-DDDD05-AD5.jpg
    simspackicongp.png

Batuu even has three moons.

Yes it does doesn't it?
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member

'The Future is soon.™' I think the TM here could be read as the trademark of another EA-related IP - Star Wars.

'The most popular destination to elope is not yet known.' An undiscovered/unknown planet. (this one could potentially hint at other content)

Gotta say, I'm really into the whole space theme thing, especially if it's Star Wars related and our sims can really live in space and meet interesting creatures from a galaxy far far away ♥️
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,867 Member
    It’s funny, my game is in French and they translated “elope” as “run away”.

• crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »

Gotta say, I'm really into the whole space theme thing, especially if it's Star Wars related and our sims can really live in space and meet interesting creatures from a galaxy far far away ♥️

How many alien species do you guys think there will be, and will they be associated in any way with the aliens we already have? Maybe Disney has some say in how these aliens will be portrayed?
  • HaflingerHaflinger Posts: 973 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »

I'd want me a Loth Cat.
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member

Yes the TM would totally make sense in the Star wars context. I think this is very very possible
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • BOYBOY Posts: 540 Member
    a space themed pack could be cool if well done, but a straight up official star wars pack would be atrocious imo.
    Fairies & real Plantsims please!
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member

This is what I prefer.
  • thesimmer14thesimmer14 Posts: 393 Member
    I'm curious... has anyone tried searching the account shown in the leaked pics in the gallery?
  • BariSaxyBariSaxy Posts: 4,699 Member
    Meh. Haven't the last two Game Packs been Sci-Fi (Strangerville) and Fantasy (that magic pack)? I was hoping for something more down-to-earth.
    OO2UdmJ.png
  • BatmanFanGirlBatmanFanGirl Posts: 1,298 Member
    I guess when you're really into a particular theme there can never be enough. I'm not really into fantacy/scifi unless it's the very last things the EA releases. But if you are a supernatural fan there isn't enough content. I am more into family game play but maybe if you're into single young adult part sims there's more then enough content. I do find it weird if they do a star wars theme. I just don't really like crossover stuff.
    heartstopper-couple.gif