Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Flashing Screen Circle

During play, I have noticed that flashing green circle every few seconds to a minute, even running over the different worlds on the main map and was wondering what it is? Is it the Autosave icon? If so, does it really have to do it every few seconds?
2quwd7.gif

Comments

• iamoz96iamoz96 Posts: 263 Member
    I know what you’re talking about. It’s been doing this ever since the game has been released on console. Frankly, you get used to it after playing for so long. If it’s much worse now... well.... that’s annoying and it will. Never. Get. Fixed.

Also it’s been speculated that the auto save is what causes the crashing because it saves too liberally.
    Origin ID: iamoz96
    Enjoy my creations! :)
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    Could they not do away with auto save, I mean if it's the thing causing issues why not, do we really need auto save?
  • adamclark83adamclark83 Posts: 692 Member
    Last night when I moved three Black-Eyed teens into a spooky house, as I was sitting there doing their traits and skills, the green circle was flashing just about every 10-15 seconds.
    2quwd7.gif

edited July 2020
    Nikkih wrote: »
    Could they not do away with auto save, I mean if it's the thing causing issues why not, do we really need auto save?
    I mean it’s possible they could. Tbh I don’t think they’ll ever get rid of it or even think of it at all. If you’ve noticed that every time you enter the game after crashing the auto save is the exact time you crashed. That’s what is speculative of the crashing. Auto save is helpful at times but they’ve got this feature saving way too frequently. Most console games have auto save as back up. It’s a typical feature for the platform.

@adamclark83 That could also be the auto save. Green circles and all that. Since games with auto save features attached to it there’s always some kind of indicator that the game is auto saving. Don’t know if that is true for this game but it seems plausible the green circles are indication of that.
  • UndeadFoxUndeadFox Posts: 119 Member
    Instead of getting rid of the auto save, give us the option of whether to use it or not. In other words we can switch it off. I've never noticed this green circle but I'll look out for it next time I'm on.
    My builds in The Gallery are under the username DeOnlyUndeadFox

forum-banner.png

My Speedbuilds:Click Here
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    Dont get me wrong it is a useful thing however if its causing problems, I wouldn't miss it, aslong as I can save my game that's all that really matters to me lol, but I do agree that the developers wouldn't even think about it @iamoz96
    @Nikkih Agreed. I certainly wouldn’t miss it. Let us, the players, decide when to save in a game like this! It’s completely unnecessary and shouldn’t have been added in the first place since it really doesn’t make sense for it to be there if you think about it.
  • adamclark83adamclark83 Posts: 692 Member
    Last night, it took an hour and a half just to get a household to load. Many have stopped loading and I don't know why. Most of these worked perfectly every time a couple of weeks ago.

What I noticed last night were a few times where I selected a world and the green circle wasn't flashing when I chose it.
    2quwd7.gif

• sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    edited September 2020
    I have never had this issue with Sims 4 on the PS4. Question, do any of you guys have Sims 4 installed to an external hard drive or memory storage unit on your consoles?