Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you think Maxis will surprise us with another Stuffpack in October?

Comments

• MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    edited August 2020
    the $13 it'll cost me will go a long way over the next decade or more as I get many many years of enjoyment out of the pack like I've done with the others I have bought. WIth all the packs I have vs. hours played I've paid around 30-50cents per hour of entertainment, and if you compare that price to any other type of entertainment (movies, bowling, ice skating, restaurants, whatever), it's really really cheap.

On the other hand, if you dn't like the pack and won't use it. then yeah, it's expensive. But judging how others spend their money without knowing how much use they'll get out of the pack is completely pointless because there's no way to tell if it was worth it for them or not.
    Agree! I bought much cheaper games that i loved and enjoyed but i rarely go back and play them again after i am done while i have been playing the sims almost non stop for years. The amount of gameplay hours i get from this game is much more than any other, so i could not care less if its packs costed more than my other games because i know i am getting way more from it.

• BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    edited August 2020
    Calico45 wrote: »
    crocobaura wrote: »
    elelunicy wrote: »
    How many stuff packs do you guys need? Sims 4 has 17! That's the most stuff packs a sims game has ever had and if you ask me it's gone overboard.

Lol. Let’s see:

TS2: 9 stuff packs, $20 per stuff pack, last stuff pack released 4 years 2 months after the base game release. That’s $180 worth of stuff packs in total, averaging $43.2 worth of stuff packs per year.

TS3: 8 stuff packs, $20 per stuff pack with the exception of Katy Perry Sweet Treats which was $30, last stuff pack released 4 years 3 months after the base game release. That’s $170 worth of stuff packs in total, averaging $40 worth of stuff packs per year.

TS4: 17 stuff packs, $10 per stuff pack, last stuff pack released 5 years 10 months after the base game release. That’s $170 worth of stuff packs in total, averaging $29.14 worth of stuff packs per year.

Essentially TS4 has the least amount of stuff packs. This doesn’t even account the fact that both TS2 and TS3 had a store selling more DLC, while TS4 never had a store.

My point is the game has 17 stuff packs to choose from. If that's not enough to keep you entertained, then clearly something is wrong with the game since its not keeping the player interested in its gameplay. Stuff is nice to have, but if that's all it can offer then the player will reach for anything to keep game from being dull.

It's not that the game is dull, but from what I see, many people like to play it quest style. They finish aspirations, top careers, skills, etc., instead of using them as tools for creative sandbox gameplay.

I beg to differ, in my personal experience sims 4 is dull and people get bored with packs very quickly, this thread even proves it. The moment we get something new and shiny, people are happy but it just doesn't last very long. it's because these packs don't offer in depth game play, I have come across a lot sim 4 players even in the sims 3 community who have said how bored they get with sims 4, they play around in cas or they like building but other than that a lot of then x right out the game the moment they open it. But that's the problem, what tools? There's not a whole lot of tools in the sims 4 to work with, plus there's really no right or wrong way to play a sandbox game.

That's cause I want a Pool Stuffpack. I think pools should get an SP so when they do a resort vacation pack they can focus on resorts,more snow activities and honeymoons.

I thought they they gave you guys some pool in perfect patio, that would of been great. Anyway, hopefully you will get it.

Not really. The main gameplay thing was hot tubs, which are not unique anymore (neutral there). We got more pool stuff with IL, I'd argue, with all the floats and what not. Get Together had the jump platform.

It may be a little redundant, but I would like to see the traditional diving board back. Pools have been kind of neglected, but I am not sure what all to do with them myself. I would really like to have a pool bar again, though.

What I meant to say is I feel like they should of gave you guys everything pool related in that pool patch or a hot tubs and pool stuff together in one stuff pack. But honestly I still think that's a tip off, pool stuff should of simple been in the base game. I just feel like theres so many stuff packs that could of been combined or placed in a expansion cause theres really no excuse for there to be this many stuff packs other than the fact ea is milking fans. For example my pet stuff, should of gone into cats and dogs. Tiny living is everything they decided to witheld from university cause university was perfect for decorating small room/dorms. Same with laundry stuff. This is why the sims 4 is 6 years old, they are trying to drag it out by sparsing out content that could of been in one pack, otherwise they would of ran out of idea a long time ago. I just feel like sims 4 players deserve more than what their getting.
    giphy.gif

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    How many stuff packs do you guys need? Sims 4 has 17! That's the most stuff packs a sims game has ever had and if you ask me it's gone overboard.

Lol. Let’s see:

TS2: 9 stuff packs, $20 per stuff pack, last stuff pack released 4 years 2 months after the base game release. That’s $180 worth of stuff packs in total, averaging $43.2 worth of stuff packs per year.

TS3: 8 stuff packs, $20 per stuff pack with the exception of Katy Perry Sweet Treats which was $30, last stuff pack released 4 years 3 months after the base game release. That’s $170 worth of stuff packs in total, averaging $40 worth of stuff packs per year.

TS4: 17 stuff packs, $10 per stuff pack, last stuff pack released 5 years 10 months after the base game release. That’s $170 worth of stuff packs in total, averaging $29.14 worth of stuff packs per year.

Essentially TS4 has the least amount of stuff packs. This doesn’t even account the fact that both TS2 and TS3 had a store selling more DLC, while TS4 never had a store.

My point is the game has 17 stuff packs to choose from. If that's not enough to keep you entertained, then clearly something is wrong with the game since its not keeping the player interested in its gameplay. Stuff is nice to have, but if that's all it can offer then the player will reach for anything to keep game from being dull.

It's not that the game is dull, but from what I see, many people like to play it quest style. They finish aspirations, top careers, skills, etc., instead of using them as tools for creative sandbox gameplay.

I beg to differ, in my personal experience sims 4 is dull and people get bored with packs very quickly, this thread even proves it. The moment we get something new and shiny, people are happy but it just doesn't last very long. it's because these packs don't offer in depth game play, I have come across a lot sim 4 players even in the sims 3 community who have said how bored they get with sims 4, they play around in cas or they like building but other than that a lot of then x right out the game the moment they open it. But that's the problem, what tools? There's not a whole lot of tools in the sims 4 to work with, plus there's really no right or wrong way to play a sandbox game.

That's cause I want a Pool Stuffpack. I think pools should get an SP so when they do a resort vacation pack they can focus on resorts,more snow activities and honeymoons.

I thought they they gave you guys some pool in perfect patio, that would of been great. Anyway, hopefully you will get it.

No Perfect Patio gave hottubs. We still don't have Pool Slides and Pool Waterfalls. We're also missing Pool Bars.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    bellagoth_ wrote: »
    just stop it already with the useless stuff packs

Backyard Stuff was a Stuffpack and it's far from useless. It came with 4 gameplay objects. All Stuffpacks aren't useless.

imagine paying 10 dollars for some decor and 4 objects with 2 or 3 interactions in them lmao

imagine paying 20$ to watch a movie for 2 hours at a theatre and then it's done with. imagine paying $10 for a couple cups of coffee that will be gone in half an hour. Imagine judging other people for what they find worth it to spend their own money just because it's not worth it to you.

I don't have the latest stuff pack yet (but I will get it at some point, for more than $10 because it costs more than $10 in my country) and I'm not rich (far from it as a full timesingle parent working an entry level job part time with no child support) but you know what, I don't buy coffee out, I don't drink alcohal or go to pubs/nightclubs, I dont watch movies in theatres, I don't buy cellphone data or plans (landline here) or have cable tv. But guess what... the $13 it'll cost me will go a long way over the next decade or more as I get many many years of enjoyment out of the pack like I've done with the others I have bought. WIth all the packs I have vs. hours played I've paid around 30-50cents per hour of entertainment, and if you compare that price to any other type of entertainment (movies, bowling, ice skating, restaurants, whatever), it's really really cheap.

On the other hand, if you dn't like the pack and won't use it. then yeah, it's expensive. But judging how others spend their money without knowing how much use they'll get out of the pack is completely pointless because there's no way to tell if it was worth it for them or not.

people does what they want with their money. however i doubt ea deserves all the cash y'all give them for this kind of quality content
    ball-pit.png

at least watching a movie i can learn something

That was fixed in an Update.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,425 Member
    I doubt we will get another stuff pack this year. We already had two of them in 2020. We also had one EP and one GP confirmed. I expect a second EP in November so I don't think they will squeeze in a third SP this year.

I like the idea of stuff packs, although I like some more than others. But I don't want overkill. I want stuff packs to have some gameplay content next to the actual 'stuff ' I prefer that they take their time until early 2021 or so to deliver a decent stuff pack, not just a quick job with only a few items.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    I hope not. We don't need anymore stuff packs.
    We need more gamepacks & expansion packs.
  • BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    How many stuff packs do you guys need? Sims 4 has 17! That's the most stuff packs a sims game has ever had and if you ask me it's gone overboard. That knitting stuff pack just released, at this point the game literally becoming a stuff pack simulator. Theres more stuff than actually game, I dont know what is and I'm not trying to be mean but it just seems like s4 community is obssessed with stuff packs but dont realize shoving all this stuff into the game isnt going to make the core of the game any better. We need bugs fixed, more in depth gameplay,options, not more stuff. Other than the gameplay objects, I could fine tons of free maxis match cc that could make up most of these stuff packs. Anyway, I know it's your choice to have want stuff packs, and that's okay but I do feel like theres too much focus on stuff with the community and sims team. At this point I think ea knows sp are the quick and easy make money route cause they know all they have to do is slap a 10 dollar price tag on it and everyone dives for it. I feel like that's why we havent seen a whole lot of activity going on in the game. Throw out a stuff pack and they'll shut up for a couple weeks, rinse and repeat is how their seeing this.

Well, when you look at Sims 3 they only had stuff in their stuff packs -- at least in Sims 4 you have stuff that does things, like the knitting basket that lets Sims, well, knit. Or the water slide that was in Backyard Stuff or bowling in Bowling Stuff. Stuff packs are a way to add content related to a theme, at a price that doesn't break the bank for many Simmers. Some people might have trouble justifying $40 US for an EP, and even a GP at $20 US might be a bit out of reach. But for $10 US, maybe just cut out a couple of venti lattes in a month or pack your own lunch instead of hitting the fast food joint, you can get new hairs, CAS and objects including ones that can add gameplay.

Sorry I miss this. You have water slides in a generation, you got bowling in university. These are objects included in entire expansions pack but your paying 10 bucks for certain animations. When I dont have the money to buy something, I save and place into my savings account, maybe 5 here or 10 there until I have enough to get what I like.
    giphy.gif

• EA_JozEA_Joz Posts: 3,164 EA Staff (retired)
    Hello everyone, please remember to keep things friendly and constructive.

EA_Joz
  • Sim_ArchitectsSim_Architects Posts: 302 Member
    Gordy wrote: »
    I've had enough of 🌺🌺🌺🌺 Stuff Packs. We have 17 and we already got 2 this year. They need a rest.

2 stuff packs a year is absolutely nothing. If anything I wish they released a new stuff pack every month, similar to how TS3 store released at least a new store set every month.

I want a store for sims 4. Some of us like new "stuff" regularly. I can only imagine how much more hairstyles and makeup and clothes i would have! :o I already own all the packs. And I also dont use much cc. I prefer to keep my game mostly maxis. The store would be nice to have.
    edited August 2020
    wait even better,
    imagine paying 50 dollars for a lacking expansion pack that got half its content put in 3 different packs

Now imagine paying $100 so that your gun looks pretty but functions the exact same way. That is the state of cosmetic only DLC in other games (in this case, Valorant). Ridiculous, right? Still, people pay and maybe even enjoyed it. I won't be buying them, though, and I imagine you will not be buying the next stuff pack.

A lot of DLC is just cosmetic, even in the sims, chairs, tables, shelves, etc. Wish we had more interactive objects, even in stuff packs.

I can not have too much furniture :) Again, i think a Sims4store would make more sense. It wouldnt be a pack that people feel the "need" to buy and those of us who do want to buy the items could. It could also include new worlds. Would really be awesome! For me , personally.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    wait even better,
    imagine paying 50 dollars for a lacking expansion pack that got half its content put in 3 different packs

Now imagine paying $100 so that your gun looks pretty but functions the exact same way. That is the state of cosmetic only DLC in other games (in this case, Valorant). Ridiculous, right? Still, people pay and maybe even enjoyed it. I won't be buying them, though, and I imagine you will not be buying the next stuff pack.

A lot of DLC is just cosmetic, even in the sims, chairs, tables, shelves, etc. Wish we had more interactive objects, even in stuff packs.

I can not have too much furniture :) Again, i think a Sims4store would make more sense. It wouldnt be a pack that people feel the "need" to buy and those of us who do want to buy the items could. It could also include new worlds. Would really be awesome! For me , personally.

Ugh, no! We get too few gameplay objects as it is, I don't want them in a store for crazy prices.
    rudy8292 wrote: »

Lol. Let’s see:

Where is the sandbox? This game is literally as linear as it can be and this game is depending too much on imagination instead of actual content. If a game is only fun if you use your imagination only, there is a massive problem.

No matter how many tables and chairs they add to the game, no matter how many layers of paint (EP's/GP's and SP's) they try to paint over it, it's not going to make the game better. (at least not for me).

The foundation, the base game, is broken. They have to rework many, many core systems in order to make the game remotely fun and entertaining. Personalities, Consequences, SMARTER Sims, Memories, Traits that actually have impact on the gameplay and on the Sims themselves. At this point in time (6 years later already) every single Sim still feels and plays the same.

If I fight with one Sim, cheat with another Sim, they get angry for 1 second and the moment after they are making jokes and having fun again with eachother. How is that even a thing? They haven't put any resources in developing a decent system to make cheating/fighting have consequences at all. It's always so dull seeing Sims making jokes right after they had a fight or cheated in their lovers faces.

Do I think they will overhaul the core of the game? Nope. I think because this game is already 6 years old they don't care that much anymore. We all can see how buggy the game is, how buggy new packs are and how long they remain unfixed. They don't give a plum anymore.

The same will happen with this game like with all the others: Let it die and abandon ship with 50 000 000 bugs so people will jump ship to buy The Sims 5.
    I cannot wait for the developers to start trash talking The Sims 4 the moment they announce The Sims 5. They always do that.

They always start trash talking the earlier generations when they try sell a new one.

Sims 4 is definitely a sandbox game. The only things that are linear are the careers and such. You don't like it , thats fine. But the game being "better" or worse is definitely a very personal thing. I havent felt that sims 4 is a bad game to begin with, so i cant actually relate to the complaints that you have.

The gameplay definitely isnt perfect and hopefully, some meaningful updates will be coming soon. I think those of us who mostly play to simulate an ideal life are having a lot more fun than those who "NEED" a lot of drama and consequences . Not that i dont want those things , buts its not essential.
    Alve wrote: »
    Honestly stuff packs as a concept are valuable for builders that aren't that into gameplay. IMO they could release 4 SP a year, but the themes needs to be better and actually add valueable stuff; I would love if they made stuffpacks inspired by certain architecture or interior designs, there are so many interesting periods and styles that are lacking in the game.

I'd be happy with a garden SP, just focused on plants and gardens, or a pack with interior from functionalism, or maybe a pack solely focused on vacation houses (with the gameplay feature of owning properties)...I want more stuffpacks that actually has A BUNCH of stuff in them

I play and build and i just like the new stuff. But as ive said already, i think an online store would make more sense because they would release more stuff regularly. I would really love that.
    wait even better,

Ugh, no! We get too few gameplay objects as it is, I don't want them in a store for crazy prices.

The store is optional. Im not sure what the problem is. Also, i think the store was mostly things like hair/clothing and there were a few worlds added. I just simply disagree, i want a store :)
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I don't think so. They might near December since that is when they generally release packs is around Christmas time.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    edited August 2020
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    Alve wrote: »
    Honestly stuff packs as a concept are valuable for builders that aren't that into gameplay. IMO they could release 4 SP a year, but the themes needs to be better and actually add valueable stuff; I would love if they made stuffpacks inspired by certain architecture or interior designs, there are so many interesting periods and styles that are lacking in the game.

I'd be happy with a garden SP, just focused on plants and gardens, or a pack with interior from functionalism, or maybe a pack solely focused on vacation houses (with the gameplay feature of owning properties)...I want more stuffpacks that actually has A BUNCH of stuff in them

I play and build and i just like the new stuff. But as ive said already, i think an online store would make more sense because they would release more stuff regularly. I would really love that.

I, too, feel like they might be able to put out more cas and bb items, and on a more regular basis, if we had a store. It gets a bad rep because of the prices but if it had good, well done content and good prices, i would prefer it too.
  • SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    edited August 2020
    I"m hoping so. My thinking is The Gamepack is coming out in August so they might want to release another Stuffpack in October to tide us over till the November Expansion Pack. September is ruled out for a Stuffpack since it wasn't mentioned in the roadmap.

I sometimes think you're an undercover guru who lurks around the forums and twitter and whose only job is to keep the discussion and the excitment going :D (just joking haha, I love all of your speculation threads!)

I hope we get another stuff pack too, I actually grew to like them with Knifty Knitting and Moschino (which had a great amount of gameplay with the photography career).
  • SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    I am actually one of the people who loved lots of Maxis games before TS: SimCopter (anyone remember this one?), SimTower, SimCity (I even liked the new one everyone hated haha).
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Dakota88 wrote: »
    I am actually one of the people who loved lots of Maxis games before TS: SimCopter (anyone remember this one?), SimTower, SimCity (I even liked the new one everyone hated haha).

Sim Earth...
  • SimbastienSimbastien Posts: 111 Member
    How many stuff packs do you guys need? Sims 4 has 17! That's the most stuff packs a sims game has ever had and if you ask me it's gone overboard. That knitting stuff pack just released, at this point the game literally becoming a stuff pack simulator. Theres more stuff than actually game, I dont know what is and I'm not trying to be mean but it just seems like s4 community is obssessed with stuff packs but dont realize shoving all this stuff into the game isnt going to make the core of the game any better. We need bugs fixed, more in depth gameplay,options, not more stuff. Other than the gameplay objects, I could fine tons of free maxis match cc that could make up most of these stuff packs. Anyway, I know it's your choice to have want stuff packs, and that's okay but I do feel like theres too much focus on stuff with the community and sims team. At this point I think ea knows sp are the quick and easy make money route cause they know all they have to do is slap a 10 dollar price tag on it and everyone dives for it. I feel like that's why we havent seen a whole lot of activity going on in the game. Throw out a stuff pack and they'll shut up for a couple weeks, rinse and repeat is how their seeing this.

Well, when you look at Sims 3 they only had stuff in their stuff packs -- at least in Sims 4 you have stuff that does things, like the knitting basket that lets Sims, well, knit. Or the water slide that was in Backyard Stuff or bowling in Bowling Stuff. Stuff packs are a way to add content related to a theme, at a price that doesn't break the bank for many Simmers. Some people might have trouble justifying $40 US for an EP, and even a GP at $20 US might be a bit out of reach. But for $10 US, maybe just cut out a couple of venti lattes in a month or pack your own lunch instead of hitting the fast food joint, you can get new hairs, CAS and objects including ones that can add gameplay.

Also don't forget that stuff packs were $20 dollars in The Sims 3. Way over-priced.
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    Simbastien wrote: »

Also don't forget that stuff packs were $20 dollars in The Sims 3. Way over-priced.

@Simbastien Well depends on how you see it. They did have more objects though. You could say, they came with a lot of... stuff :lol:
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    Mareah wrote: »
    the $13 it'll cost me will go a long way over the next decade or more as I get many many years of enjoyment out of the pack like I've done with the others I have bought. WIth all the packs I have vs. hours played I've paid around 30-50cents per hour of entertainment, and if you compare that price to any other type of entertainment (movies, bowling, ice skating, restaurants, whatever), it's really really cheap.

Agree! I bought much cheaper games that i loved and enjoyed but i rarely go back and play them again after i am done while i have been playing the sims almost non stop for years. The amount of gameplay hours i get from this game is much more than any other, so i could not care less if its packs costed more than my other games because i know i am getting way more from it.

@SimAlexandria @Mareah Again people will never understand that it just doesn't work that way. The amount of hours you are going to use something for shouldn't be relevant to the price. I have bought CDs that I listened to for hunderds of hours yet I would not pay 100$ for a single CD. Or another example I bought this cheap pair of jeans that lasted me over a whole year, I grabbed them for 25$ and would have never been able to justify buying them for more than that. Once I bought a Rubic's cube and payed 10$ for it, I played around with that thing for weeks yet I would not be able to justify paying 100$ for a plastic cube. This is just not how the market works.
    The same applies to a game. You are not buying a product that was specifically made for you. It is a copy of a game that was developed and coded only once. The product you buy is a mere copy and the price you pay should reflect the effort, time, materials used on the product by the seller and not by your (no yet known) experience that you may have with the game.
    When you go to a restaurant you get a meal specifically made for you only, same applies to all the other forms of entertainment mentioned. Unlike meals, games can be copied without cost like you can copy files on your computer. So that same argument unfortunately doesn't apply.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    logion wrote: »
    I think I would prefer that they don't make any more stuff packs. We have 17 stuff packs now.

I need a Pool Stuffpack unless their putting more pool stuff in a Resorts or Destination Gamepack or Expansion.

with pool party event :)

Yes please. I have been begging for this and dancing face to face for a LONG time.