Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

ECO bugs, some have, some do not???

I have read tons of messages about this thing and I am confused.
here is a list of the bugs I have:

-Gardening, (without a mod) only sage and basil are the ones reverting to point zero, all other plants, even without mods at all, work just as they used to. Yet I read that all the plants are broken and all gardening is broken. *confused*
-NAP taking place even if turned NPC off from settings, I do not have that, I turned off the NAP before I even loaded the first house after ECO. I do get the popups tho, those are only visual in my game, NAP , what the popup says is active, is not. Yet I read from here that people who have turned the NPC voting off, still have active NAPs.. :/ ???
-The ECO footprint is all messed up in my game too, without mods, so that is the only thing I totally agree on.
My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina

Comments

• Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member

-Gardening, (without a mod) only sage and basil are the ones reverting to point zero, all other plants, even without mods at all, work just as they used to. Yet I read that all the plants are broken and all gardening is broken. *confused*
    -NAP taking place even if turned NPC off from settings, I do not have that, I turned off the NAP before I even loaded the first house after ECO. I do get the popups tho, those are only visual in my game, NAP , what the popup says is active, is not. Yet I read from here that people who have turned the NPC voting off, still have active NAPs.. :/ ???
    -The ECO footprint is all messed up in my game too, without mods, so that is the only thing I totally agree on.
    I’m experiencing the exact same as you. The thing with bug reports is that they’re very complicated.. not everyone has the same computer configuration, not everyone has the same combination of packs, some use/have used mods, some haven’t, some are playing brand new saves, some are playing saves that are several years old, some players don’t know to delete cache files regularly or after removing mods. The list can be very long as to why some people experience things differently. Sometimes it’s also play style, certain features that are used together in a specific order could trigger a bug.
  • Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    I have been placing gardens in Sims 4 since day 1 so I know when something isn't right. At this point all my plants should be Perfect but not one goes past normal even using a $130 Sturgeon for fertilizer. Since all the plants are sheltered they shouldn't poof into a pile of dirt. I run a clean game with no second party downloads.
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,370 Member
    edited July 2020
    I have exactly same bugs than @Ellupelluellu, except I've had one other problem with gardening.
    Main problems seem to be basil and sage, but also one of my Bird of Paradise flowers reverted to dirt pile. It was in the same planter with three other similar flowers. They're all excellent quality and they were planted at the same time. I don't know why only one of them decided to dirt pile. Luckily it didn't lose its quality, it's still excellent.
  • MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    I don't seem to have this gardening bug either, thank god. I have not tried all plants though, so no idea if it would happen with some of them. Bugs are strange, i have another bug that not everyone seems to be having because when i checked the bug section only very few people reported on it, and they even had it in varying degrees, some had it a lot, like me, and some only a few times and only in one save. Sometimes people can exaggerate but that is not always the case.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I have the gardening bug but it only seems to affect my sheltered plants?
  • DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    Most of my plants seem normal, but the other day a cowplant reverted to baby state after Grim reaped the soul of its victim.
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,334 Member
    edited July 2020

Same for me, I'm only affected by the basil/sage bug. I suspect not having Seasons is one factor working in my favor and all my plants being rooted in the ground outdoors another.

Turning npc voting off does exactly that in my game: My played sims can vote, but not random votes get thrown in.
    But I did this to pitch my households against each other. I do not know what would happen if nobody at all voted and all votes would end up zero. Maybe then the game would pick one randomly to break the draw?

Sort of working. Footprint changes as I expected it to, but only as long as I remain with the same household. If I switch households, the neighborhood footprint is all over the place. Browsing Answers HQ I read a hypothesis about neighborhood footprint initializing wrong, but I only half understood this. It seemed as if the game pulled not the current value, but the neighborhood's default value upon loading of a lot?
  • duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member

This is what I'm getting:
    -Gardening My basil, sage and spinach plants will revert graphically, occasionally to point zero but they look normal again by the time watering pops up for my other plants. While they are at "Point zero" they don't have any interactions available to me, but again, the plant reverts back to its normal state when it and the others get watered and I can harvest the plants again when they re-fruit. I'm not getting the apparently really bad bug(s) others seem to be getting there.

-NAP I am getting the white cake one though I hesitate to call it a bug because I'm not entirely sure it isn't intended. Turning off neighborhood voting for NAPS though seems to have curbed it some. Guests still make the white cakes but I no longer end up with 10 or 20 at a time and none of my homes have had 40 again!

-I feel like the footprint one may be a tuning issue. Its too hard to get to whichever extreme you like (Industrial/Green) and once you are there, keeping it there seems impossible as it seems you have to keep adding things to your lot which is just ridiculous.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    I had to use the new gardening cheat available in game to make a flower that was supposed to be growing bc it was a Spring flower in Spring. So it's definitely not just basil or sage reverting. I've even had every single thing that was bloomed revert as soon as my sim had done research on them, they all just looked like dirt piles. I hope they fix this, and the Eco Footprint not being what it's supposed to be, it changes when my Sims travel away from Evergreen Harbor to any other world they go to and then it's stuck at neutral. I hope that's fixed. Sims are quite busy reading their fortunes with future cubes over and over and if it's not that it's creating with clay over and over. I did start a new game, and I do have above issues still, but I turned off voting and used cheats to make what I wanted in my Sims neighborhood for NAPs
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I haven't been playing long, but I haven't noticed any reverting yet -- my spring plants seem to be growing normally. Though my apple tree (Fall) has started sprouting but my Dragon Fruit hasn't yet. Most of my plants I've grown from ingredients purchased in the Magic Realm (my Sim is a spellcaster) except for the parsley that I harvested in Glimmerbrook. I haven't experienced any NAPs personally -- I've seen the popups but as far as I can tell there have been no real effects in my neighborhoods (I have one Sim in Glimmerbrook in this save; in other saves my Sims are either in Newcrest or at UBrite.)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    My money trees have reverted. That annoyed me.

I had the flaming toilet bug but not the pets disappearing. I do not own EL and play with no mods.
    smurfy77 wrote: »
    I had to use the new gardening cheat available in game to make a flower that was supposed to be growing bc it was a Spring flower in Spring. So it's definitely not just basil or sage reverting. I've even had every single thing that was bloomed revert as soon as my sim had done research on them, they all just looked like dirt piles. I hope they fix this, and the Eco Footprint not being what it's supposed to be, it changes when my Sims travel away from Evergreen Harbor to any other world they go to and then it's stuck at neutral. I hope that's fixed. Sims are quite busy reading their fortunes with future cubes over and over and if it's not that it's creating with clay over and over. I did start a new game, and I do have above issues still, but I turned off voting and used cheats to make what I wanted in my Sims neighborhood for NAPs

Even after trying that cheat, they didn't stay evolved to what they were, and even my money tree is reverting every single day. I finally turned off the Eco Footprint, going to see if that helps it not affect my garden. I plan to play my hippie soon and she's gonna have a bigger garden, I really need it to work. Kinda a bummer to turn off Eco Footprint,since that's the whole purpose of that pack
  • AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    All my plants revert but not at the same time. (see next paragraph) For me it does not mater if they are planted in the ground or inside in planters. The money tree does it! NAPs are off. Still get pop ups about voting and NAPs. The mailbox cheat says there are no NAPs which is different then the notifications. Still get a pop up about working but my Sims are not makers. At least twice a day for each Sim including kids and toddlers. The footprint is messed up. I turned it off. Sims still come over and make tonics from outdoor retreat on the grill or stove and leave them on the ground or floor. The common areas with grills are littered with plates of food. The tables are full and the ground too! I counted 46 meals one day. Summer Holiday cooked that day.

I went to options and disabled all the EL stuff I could disable long ago.

This is what I did after the test below. ...

I moved Sims to a neighborhood without picnic areas. It stops the cooking in picnic areas and Sims making the tonics at my Sims house. I harvest plants before watering, fertilizing and weeding. Only evolve plants right after a harvest. Only move plants after a harvest. Basically don't do anything to the plants that are ready for harvest until they are harvested. It's hard because Sims after a certain level seem to tend garden autonomously. They also research and talk to plants. When they do this these things to a plant with "fruit" on it reverts back to just planted. That is what I have noticed!

I refuse to turn off free will so I deal with it.

I also have build/buy lag! It was not there before the patch right before EL came out.
    When traveling the loading scene is longer. It went from 10-20 sec to 40 to 50 sec. Sometimes even longer.

TEST:
    All these things happen without mods. I tested it by starting a new save without mods.
    All these things happen with MCCC and UI Cheats Extension installed.
    I played the new save two Sim weeks without mods and then two Sim weeks with MCCC and UI Cheats Extension. The results did not differ. I don't use CC!

I have done other tests not related to this topic. IMO The game is broken but playable. It's even more playable with MCCC and Ui Cheats Extension!
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    edited August 2020
    Daephene wrote: »
    Most of my plants seem normal, but the other day a cowplant reverted to baby state after Grim reaped the soul of its victim.

My cowplants reverted to baby state too, but nobody dies in my game. Other plants have reverted as well.

I have NAPs run amuck, unfortunately.

I’m happy to say that the eco footprint seems to be working fine.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,370 Member
    edited August 2020
    I noticed another gardening bug. When I make a Sim tend garden, he only tends one or two plants and then stops even if half of the garden still needs tending.
    I wonder if this is related to EL or the patch before it or is it just a part of the annoying bug that makes Sims stop what they're doing and never finishing it.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited August 2020
    I have found a couple bugs. One regarding gardening and another regarding Focus, Metal, and a few other stations not playing on the Alexa object which is related to the newest pack Nifty Knitting.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
    Also in my garden my sim ( more if vampire but also when human now) that I can't que up multiple fertilizing I have to do one at a time or it would use the fertilizer but not count on the flower, this started at patch before Eco. I did notice that after I took off the gardening NAP sims that come in my Sims home will harvest her flowers if she hasn't gotten to it yet, taking them away! They never did that before, they only talked to or researched them. I don't have that NAP anymore but it's acting like it's still in tact too. Really hope they fix things soon
  • FallsmyerFallsmyer Posts: 22 Member
    I am playing a Juice Fizzer and it wasn't until recently that I started to get my plants to perfect along with finally getting a Dragon Fruit. After I evolved the Dragon Fruit to nice, I was collecting my fruit to juice and noticed that my Perfect Blackberries, Grapes, and Strawberries were now normal. Then I actually watched as my vegetables and lemon tree all reverted to small mounds even though they are all sheltered. I used cheats to get everything back to blossoming and properly evolved states (perfect blackberries, grapes, and strawberries). Then within 3 sim days, everything was back to normal quality and several things were just planted again.

Not sure what the h3ll is going on with the sims team over there, but they definitely need to fix the many many many bugs in Eco Living before they think about releasing anymore packs.
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,779 Member
    edited August 2020
    smurfy77 wrote: »
    Also in my garden my sim ( more if vampire but also when human now) that I can't que up multiple fertilizing I have to do one at a time or it would use the fertilizer but not count on the flower, this started at patch before Eco.

Once again a thing what is different in ones game than anothers , as I did had that fertilizing bug long BEFORE Eco, and I stopped fertilizing because of that.
    But now I can queue fertilizing as I once used to be!

ETA: I misread, you had the bug also before eco , but anyway I can now.

• wickichickwickichick Posts: 11,130 Member
    i think this is a great thread..it is more information on what bugs seem to be connected to eco living and what might be connected to the updates..the only thing that could make this information a bit better is if folks mentioned if they play on windows or a mac ..if they have all the packs and if not which ones do they have. i think it is beneficial for if we ever do get updates to help the functions of the overall game work better. it is great that folks already mention if they use mods to help the game play or run a vanilla game.
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,779 Member
    @wickichick , I play on windows, have all but parenthood and spooky stuff. I use tons of mods, but when it comes to bugs , I always test does it happen without mods. As if it is a mod conflict or result of the broken mod, then it is not a bug in game at all :)

• HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    -My gardening is pretty much the same as the OPs... Those two plants revert to seed (looking) state but still act as plants, can be weeded, fertilized and water and fully bloom the next day. I've started to make sure I get a graft of one while in full bloom if I want that because I can't seem to get one otherwise. In longer running saves I've noticed issues with cowplants disappearing visually although you can still interact with them, get eaten by them and milk them. In one older save I can't seem to plant trees outside in the ground (can put them in planters) and they don't seem to be evolving but in a new save I can use them normally. I can work with it... but it needs to be fixed. I guess I'd be upset if I really needed to pursue those things in older saves right now.

-Not having any problem with NAPs but I do tend to focus on one family more than rotating and by the time I got to my rotating saves I decided I needed more god-like control in my games and turned them to only allowing my played sims to vote. Then I also use the cheat to put in the NAPs I want and since I play themed saves most neighborhoods won't conflict with each other anyway. So I could definitely just be playing in a way were I won't see problems that others come across.

-I haven't tried to dirty or clean up a town yet with any real gusto. It seemed when I was making sure all of my sims were doing eco friendly stuff it was working. I just didn't want to go into that many houses to dirty it up yet and didn't feel like playing that story out yet so it's mostly neutral everywhere. Is that broken? I dunno.

I just don't seem to get what everyone else does or I just handle it differently until it's fixed I think. I play on Windows with all packs. Aging off and autonomy on except for the played sim. I recently installed some mods about a week ago but have been completely vanilla prior to that since the Eco pack dropped.

egTcBMc.png
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Well, it would all depend on whether you started a new game or not or used a very old save, and or if you have every pack installed or not. Seems simple enough to figure out why. And if you have particular software installed in your pc or not. That also matters for some reason with TS4.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.