Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So I bought the barrier to entry ticket system, anyone use this?

I put a ticket machine outside a nightclub and replaced door with the barrier to entry door.

To get in I need to buy a ticket, but all the inactive sims are just walking right through without buying a ticket. I even opened up their inventories to have a look, nope no ticket. What's going on here?

I've set door to red tickets only
ewb7fssg3zet.pngingame: commandermctosh feel free to add ;D

Comments

• BlackSandBlackSand Posts: 2,074 Member
    Let me translate what the townies were saying when they walked past the ticket booth and straight inside.

"You can pay as much as you want, but as for me ... Go Pound Sand!
    I didn't come here to walk through the door, and I'll pay for my drinks at the bar."
    ... :D

I eat pickles on my hamburgers ... MWWAHAHAHAHA
  • IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    The game just doesn't take care of all the little details of the other sims' finances. You have to just pretend they have tickets, right along with all the other things we have to pretend have happened or are happening.
  • McToshMcTosh Posts: 638 Member
    I know how to use it lol I already set the locks and stuff for red ticket :)

But it's okay I figured it out, inactives don't actually go to the ticket machine and do the animation. They just have 10 simoleons deducted and magically get a card in their inventory.

That's a shame, why even have the ticket machine if it isn't needed? Would it have killed them just to include the animation for inactives? -_-

But at least its working as intended, when I viewed that person's inventory the card must have expired. I've been checking again and they all have them.
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited August 2020
    This was actually made fun of some time ago in that the game falters on so many important details but there is no way in heck that a resident sim can get through the ticket machine barrier without being charged and issued a ticket. Yes, without the animations but that does help cut down on queues forming to use the machines and get into the pay for entry area. That §10 or whatever is apparently of the utmost importance to the game while the rest of the world might or might not be forgetting where they left their expensive cars, not charged for property taxes (without mods), and otherwise glitching up all over the place.

Sims who work on the lot, such as Role Sims, as I recall shouldn't be charged or blocked from entry.

It's a surprisingly well-made store item. But for those who would like even more flexibility, we also offer extensive door lock/fee for entry options with what is now the current version of NRaas GoHere. I use a combination of both, on different lots that is, in my worlds. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
    igazor wrote: »
    This was actually made fun of some time ago in that the game falters on so many important details but there is no way in heck that a resident sim can get through the ticket machine barrier without being charged and issued a ticket. Yes, without the animations but that does help cut down on queues forming to use the machines and get into the pay for entry area. That §10 or whatever is apparently of the utmost importance to the game while the rest of the world might or might not be forgetting where they left their expensive cars, not charged for property taxes (without mods), and otherwise glitching up all over the place.

Sims who work on the lot, such as Role Sims, as I recall shouldn't be charged or blocked from entry.

It's a surprisingly well-made store item. But for those who would like even more flexibility, we also offer extensive door lock/fee for entry options with what is now the current version of NRaas GoHere. I use a combination of both, on different lots that is, in my worlds. :)

yep I use gohere (well, i use pretty much all NRAAS mods so :P), but that's on my home lot. I like the idea of charging for tickets on community lots :)

i put one outside our bedroom as a test, so now my simhusband had to pay $10 to enter and woohoo his sim-wife. i always make other household members NPCs, and just like inactives, he walked past ticket and through the door but $10 was deducted from household funds so. all good
    edited August 2020
    I have to admit that I never thought of using the ticket machine on a home lot, at least not quite that way. How much does she charge for other sims to enter or is this a flat rate deal, no specials or discounts? :p

GoHere can be used on community lots; that's much of the point of its own fee for entry, time of day, and one-way door options, but there's just no tangible ticket objects involved. They are under Door Options and are not be confused with EA's own door locking mechanisms that appear alongside of them on residential lots.
    Post edited by igazor on
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    :open_mouth: you can charge a fee under gohere?

how do i keep finding new things out about these mods :D

well i'd never have bought the barrier system if i knew that :D thanks I'll play around with it

Wow, I'm going to check into that!

For the game I was playing when my computer quit working, I had put barrier to entry on every venue that we would have to pay for in real life. But there were more than four, so sims could have bought a ticket for one and gotten into another one free. I tried the workout costs money for the gym, but I felt $150 for one workout session was ridiculous, so removed that mod and went with barrier to entry instead. I also didn't like having to replace some of the doors or put up fences and gates, so it would be great to not have to do that.

Does Go Here allow the player to choose the amount of the entry fee? Some things should cost more than others, and I would like to have that option.
    edited August 2020
    IreneSwift wrote: »

Wow, I'm going to check into that!

For the game I was playing when my computer quit working, I had put barrier to entry on every venue that we would have to pay for in real life. But there were more than four, so sims could have bought a ticket for one and gotten into another one free. I tried the workout costs money for the gym, but I felt $150 for one workout session was ridiculous, so removed that mod and went with barrier to entry instead. I also didn't like having to replace some of the doors or put up fences and gates, so it would be great to not have to do that.

Does Go Here allow the player to choose the amount of the entry fee? Some things should cost more than others, and I would like to have that option.

Yes! I used that mod too, removed it since buying barrier to entry, that's what I use it for too. I put it on gyms and pools and stuff :)

You can assign multiple tickets by the way.

So say for gym you need both green and red, but for pool you need both red and blue etc. for private venue perhaps you need all 4 tickets, costing $40 entry total. etc :)
    edited August 2020
    The release notes and documentation on the door locking/charging mechanisms for the current version of GoHere apparently never made it to our current site. They can be viewed by way of The Wayback Machine for now. These can be used on any doors, gates, and archways and yes, any amount can be charged for any door independently of the others.

Although a bit fussy as one gets used to it, there are a lot of creative ways to use this feature such as charging on one door (in one direction) for certain classes of sims while allowing others to use a second door only that leads into the same space and for free or for a different amount.

In some particular instances, I still find the Barrier to Entry ticket system to be more pleasant to use. But there's nothing wrong with having both in play, just not on the same lot at the same time.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    well fudge, remind me to check NRAAS mods documentations before i go buying anymore store stuff :P

but owell i like the aesthetics of the ticket machine anyway
    McTosh wrote: »

So say for gym you need both green and red, but for pool you need both red and blue etc. for private venue perhaps you need all 4 tickets, costing $40 entry total. etc :)

Yeah, I know about that. But except for making some places more expensive, if they go to multiple places, they might still be able to get in some of them without paying at all.

@igazor I plan on using both. I'll use Go Here for indoor venues, and the barrier to entry for outdoor ones, like subways, the boardwalk, the festival, and the orchard I made for my latest CAW project.

Yeah, I know about that. But except for making some places more expensive, if they go to multiple places, they might still be able to get in some of them without paying at all.

@igazor I plan on using both. I'll use Go Here for indoor venues, and the barrier to entry for outdoor ones, like subways, the boardwalk, the festival, and the orchard I made for my latest CAW project.

Yeah I get you.

What I'm going to do is use the barrier where it makes sense, like cinema, pool, etc

Then use nraas gohere version for things like clubs that have bouncers, because it makes sense you'd 'pay at the door' rather than use a ticket :)
  • BlackSandBlackSand Posts: 2,074 Member
    edited August 2020
    Does the Sims that owns the venue get the money?

I eat pickles on my hamburgers ... MWWAHAHAHAHA
    One thing I forgot to mention about the GoHere method is that in order to work, the area to be restricted or set with a fee to enter must be seen by the mod as an enclosed room. In the case of outdoor usage, that means fences/gates need to be all around the area to be restricted with no breaks except at walls, which can be a pain if the terrain is uneven in places or there are small bodies of water in the way. Usually this requirement can be worked around with some practice, but we can't have a restricted entrance that a sim can just walk around to bypass either.

The household that owns the lot gets paid unless the lot is unowned. If the sims gaining entry this way can't afford the price of admission, the amount gets added to their weekly bills assuming SP Money and Unified Billing. Not as sure about the Barrier to Entry ticket system now, I thought the sim owning the lot also gets paid but maybe that's not so.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    One thing I forgot to mention about the GoHere method is that in order to work, the area to be restricted or set with a fee to enter must be seen by the mod as an enclosed room. In the case of outdoor usage, that means fences/gates need to be all around the area to be restricted with no breaks except at walls, which can be a pain if the terrain is uneven in places or there are small bodies of water in the way. Usually this requirement can be worked around with some practice, but we can't have a restricted entrance that a sim can just walk around to bypass either.

The household that owns the lot gets paid unless the lot is unowned. If the sims gaining entry this way can't afford the price of admission, the amount gets added to their weekly bills assuming SP Money and Unified Billing. Not as sure about the Barrier to Entry ticket system now, I thought the sim owning the lot also gets paid but maybe that's not so.

Oh, well, now I'm just going to have to make a 'woohoo professional' sim. line up outside the door boys
  • KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member

i put one outside our bedroom as a test, so now my simhusband had to pay $10 to enter and woohoo his sim-wife. i always make other household members NPCs, and just like inactives, he walked past ticket and through the door but $10 was deducted from household funds so. all good

Only $10?? I'm going to have to talk to my wife.... She might be over-charging me. :D

I've used the ticket machine on a movie theater lot and a skating rink lot. Seemed to work just fine but I didn't pay attention to the NPCs.
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
    One thing I like about the barrier system is I've been able to cut down on professional bars for certain places.

For example at resorts or exclusive hotels/vip establishments I've been able to just plop down a normal help-yourself-bar, buffet table and barrier door so you pay to get in drinks included with ticket price. (i ask for all 4 tickets for these establishments). but $40 is a little low for all those free drinks so i'll slowly convert htem to NRAAS Gohere's thingy instead now :) $100 entry seems about right for these.
    edited August 2020

Oh, duh me! YOU CAN CHANGE THE PRICE OF TICKETS!!

Retuner -> Sims3.Objects.Store -> TicketMachine -> TicketPriceRed(/Blue/Green/Yellow) -> 10 (default)
    Change 10 to whatever.

You can also change the time it takes for hte ticket to self-destruct (expire)
    Ticket+TurnstileTicket
    TimeToSelfDestruct = set to whatever :)

Ive got mine now setup as
    Pool: Green ticket (25)
    Rec center (bowling/skating/arcade): Yellow ticket (50)
    Library: Green ticket (25)
    Gym: Blue ticket (75)
    Private venue/club: Red ticket (100)
    <3
    Post edited by McTosh on
  • jaletu2005jaletu2005 Posts: 688 Member
    I have the ticket system from the store but have just ignored it after I tried it and it "didn't work". Now I understand why. I didn't have the venue surrounded completely by a fence system. Thanks for this thread!
    I'm going to try the entry system on the pool and my bowling alley. Will see what happens. Hope the owner of the venue can get the money. Would be so great!
    Screenshot-5.jpg