Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Next Game Pack icon leaked on Official Sims website.

Comments

• Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,170 Member
    I see the game pack being space theme with star wars stuff.Than a full ledge one .
  • SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    Dakota88 wrote: »
    I am just vastly disappointed. I was so excited for this gamepack due to all the hints from the knifty knitting trailer. Now it's just another plum Strangerville like alien pack (or worse: Star Wars) and I already hate it even though I don't know what comes with it yet. It honestly can't be interesting for me in any way if it's space themed.

I don't want farming with strange creatures (someone posted that in that star wars world there is farming), I want real farming. I don't want my Sims to travel to some strange planet and I don't want aliens roaming my towns.

I hate it, I really hate it and I have never been more disappointed (except for when Strangerville was released). I am so not going to buy this. This will be the first pack I definitely won't buy.

You don't think they would bring something like Strangerville a story-based pack again? Oh god please no no no no no!

This would even make this worse, lol
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    I am just vastly disappointed. I was so excited for this gamepack due to all the hints from the knifty knitting trailer. Now it's just another plum Strangerville like alien pack (or worse: Star Wars) and I already hate it even though I don't know what comes with it yet. It honestly can't be interesting for me in any way if it's space themed.

I don't want farming with strange creatures (someone posted that in that star wars world there is farming), I want real farming. I don't want my Sims to travel to some strange planet and I don't want aliens roaming my towns.

I hate it, I really hate it and I have never been more disappointed (except for when Strangerville was released). I am so not going to buy this. This will be the first pack I definitely won't buy.

You don't think they would bring something like Strangerville a story-based pack again? Oh god please no no no no no!

This would even make this worse, lol

if it is, gonna tell you right now..HUGE backlash....and it will just put the nail on the coffin for me that they DO not know what this fanbase wants and refuse to listen.
  • EliasVersaceEliasVersace Posts: 477 Member
    edited August 2020
    I personally do think it's a space/planet exploration pack (if the icon is the official one!), and I also suspect the Star Wars similarities are no coincidence. But I guess we'll find out soon! I feel like for a winter pack they would have gone with a totally different icon. Very curious to see the reaction of the community.
    I personally do think it's a space/planet exploration pack (if the icon is the official one!), and I also suspect the Star Wars similarities are no coincidence. But I guess we'll find out soon! I feel like for a winter pack they would have gone with a totally different icon.

Am I the only one who see nothing winter-themed around that icon?
  • EliasVersaceEliasVersace Posts: 477 Member
    edited August 2020
    I personally do think it's a space/planet exploration pack (if the icon is the official one!), and I also suspect the Star Wars similarities are no coincidence. But I guess we'll find out soon! I feel like for a winter pack they would have gone with a totally different icon.

Me neither, to me the space landscape is very clear (especially in the original, not the duplicate). But it's all subjective ofcourse
  • bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member

I don't really see anything winter themed either. Looks very sci fi
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    I personally do think it's a space/planet exploration pack (if the icon is the official one!), and I also suspect the Star Wars similarities are no coincidence. But I guess we'll find out soon! I feel like for a winter pack they would have gone with a totally different icon. Very curious to see the reaction of the community.

The icon is official, it’s on their official site promoting Spark’d and their own game screen. It’s no doubt it’s the official one.
  • cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    yeah i think people are pushing it on the circles being snow and that house being a cabin cause it looks nothing like that when looking closer at it.
  • SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member

No, you're not. I highly doubt it's anything else but a space pack.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    edited August 2020
    I am getting a space pack or a winter vacation pack feel from that icon... although the light blue color in the background does also remind me of ocean light rays so maybe it includes a world that is underwater?
  • fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    edited August 2020
    I see a farmhouse and silo. Maybe that farming gp people have been waiting for? Also could see a desert world with the house and a cliff next to it. I could also see how it could be a future pack with the oddly shaped house and three suns/moons in the sky. I don't see how people are getting winter for this though.🤔
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • lulicanaleslulicanales Posts: 54 Member
    The theories so far are:

1. ⁠Star Wars (focused on Tatooine -three moons- or Batuu -three suns- so that’s why the icon is not the death star, bc its focused on one planet in particular)
    2. ⁠Winter holidays (that explains the white floor simulating snow and the snowflakes)
    3. ⁠The outsides of a prision with the light that comes from the vigilance tower
    4. ⁠Space theme related like Rapture
    5. ⁠Under the sea theme (like Simtlantis that would be awesome btw) the 3 circles are bubbles with the sun hitting the ocean floor
    6. ⁠Astrology (bc the moons)
    7. ⁠Farming (someone said the thing on the down left is a cow or a goat and it looks like countryside)
    8. ⁠Africa bc the mountains on the right and the desertic atmosphere think someone said
    Is there any other i’m missing?
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    I like though how the future cube hints have been forgotten because of the newly leaked icon.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    I see a farmhouse and silo. Maybe that farming gp people have been waiting for? Also could see a desert world with the house and a cliff next to it. I could also see how it could be a future pack with the oddly shaped house and three suns/moons in the sky. I don't see how people are getting winter for this though.🤔

They did a survey a while back where they asked a lot about winter themed gameplay elements.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,703 Member

hah i wish.
    logion wrote: »
    I am getting a space pack or a winter vacation pack feel from that icon... although the light blue color in the background does also remind me of ocean light rays so maybe it includes a world that is underwater?

i would love that but that should've been in island living as an underwater world with mermaids.
  • Louise_G0325Louise_G0325 Posts: 1,040 Member
    It looks to me like an African theme. A tall mountain and two little African huts. There was a lot of speculation of why there are so many animals in the roadmap art, so maybe it's bc there are some safari elements? Just animals in the background?
  • JayandMeekaJayandMeeka Posts: 2,377 Member

I would die for this. No - I would LIVE for this!
    It looks to me like an African theme. A tall mountain and two little African huts. There was a lot of speculation of why there are so many animals in the roadmap art, so maybe it's bc there are some safari elements? Just animals in the background?

I'm sorry I fail to see how people are getting African themes by this..it's most. def. space related.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Oh please please please give me more weird and unusual gameplay. Please don't be farming for vacations please!!
  • peragogoperagogo Posts: 223 Member
    I think the light blue is the side to a mountain. On the left, it’s just a bit darker that the on the right.

I really think it’s at night. Those could be moons but I won’t say it’s space travel yet.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,885 Member
    it could also be crystal ball with just outline of world in front of it :smirk:

okay thats definitely just my brain seeing what it wants to see
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »
    it could also be crystal ball with just outline of world in front of it :smirk:

okay thats definitely just my brain seeing what it wants to see

A snowglobe maybe?