Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Next Game Pack icon leaked on Official Sims website.

Comments

• SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,888 Member
    edited August 2020
    eh why does it look so odd though like it doesn't even match with other gp icons : /

it's like the opposite of gp icons normal look where the object is white and background is blue when its supposed to be white bg and object or whatever is blue
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    Maybe it is a winter planet. There, i got both speculated themes covered XD
  • dyl_andwhatdyl_andwhat Posts: 367 Member
    Mareah wrote: »
    Maybe it is a winter planet. There, i got both speculated themes covered XD

A winter planet with farming and resorts lmao
  • peragogoperagogo Posts: 223 Member
    Chaton wrote: »
    I see mountains on the right and a lodge on the left, the icon makes me think of a winter world.
    But I showed it to my boyfriend without context (he doesn't play the sims and doesn't know about the speculations) and he said "space conquest".

You know, maybe we all should poll outsiders since I feel like there's something we're missing lol. I showed my partner and he said "Astrology" and I can see it. That might be why the blue is the background, because it's a night sky that we're looking at and that's the focus of it.

If it was space travel, you think you'd get an alien icon, a ringed planet, space ship or an ET finger or something.
    If it was Star Wars, EA has access to the franchise now and could make an icon from very recognizable features from Star Wars.
    If it was a snowy vacation world, wouldn't a snowpal or a snowflake make more sense? Outdoor Retreat has a campfire, Jungle Adventure has a mask. Even Strangerville, Island Living and City Living are based on locations and their icons are a beaker with vines, a palm tree and sun, and a few buildings.
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    I don’t mind if it would be a space pack but can Sims stop stuffing Star Wars down our throats😑
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,867 Member
    I meant something we haven't really asked for, as opposed to farming or cars etc. I corrected it because it sounded a bit too angry.
    Dianesims wrote: »
    Wow it does look like it !! I personally hope it's not a Space futuristic GP because there's so much that lacking and that they should give us first instead of something nobody wants and I want more realistic gameplay, and well the last GP was Realm of Magic, so something "normal" would make sense and be nice but....
    well, after seeing these pics I can't deny there's a strong resemblance. Ok, let's see what it is before judging....
    It literally looks like Batuu from Star Wars.
    E68-B6-BCF-A7-A7-4-D2-D-8-F58-7-D8-DDDD05-AD5.jpg
    simspackicongp.png

Batuu even has three moons.

Speak for yourself ;) Plenty of people here seem to want a space GP.

• KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    I don’t mind if it would be a space pack but can Sims stop stuffing Star Wars down our throats😑

Awww what's wrong with SW??? <3
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    edited August 2020
    peragogo wrote: »
    Chaton wrote: »
    I see mountains on the right and a lodge on the left, the icon makes me think of a winter world.
    But I showed it to my boyfriend without context (he doesn't play the sims and doesn't know about the speculations) and he said "space conquest".

You know, maybe we all should poll outsiders since I feel like there's something we're missing lol. I showed my partner and he said "Astrology" and I can see it. That might be why the blue is the background, because it's a night sky that we're looking at and that's the focus of it.

If it was space travel, you think you'd get an alien icon, a ringed planet, space ship or an ET finger or something.
    If it was Star Wars, EA has access to the franchise now and could make an icon from very recognizable features from Star Wars.
    If it was a snowy vacation world, wouldn't a snowpal or a snowflake make more sense? Outdoor Retreat has a campfire, Jungle Adventure has a mask. Even Strangerville, Island Living and City Living are based on locations and their icons are a beaker with vines, a palm tree and sun, and a few buildings.

I'm curious about what the stripe of light blue could be... Looks like maybe light shining down?
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,867 Member
    edited August 2020
    I was thinking the same. If it's about space, I guess it makes sense for it to look like an "Alien" though.
    Simmingal wrote: »
    eh why does it look so odd though like it doesn't even match with other gp icons : /

it's like the opposite of gp icons normal look where the object is white and background is blue when its supposed to be white bg and object or whatever is blue

If it's a Star-Wars tie in, it would fit the "never done before."
  • cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member

oh god if its a star wars tie in i'll be livid.

its one thing for free brand deals in base game and maybe a stuff pack but hell no. im not paying $20 for the exploitative mouse.
    edited August 2020
    Anyone have any ideas on what the light blue stripe is meant to be? Looks kinda like a spotlight, or the light that comes down from the spaceship. An allusion to being 'beamed up' into a space ship maybe? - nah it's too wide for that. Also looks kinda like a road in the distance but then we'd have to assume that the dark blue is not meant to be the sky.
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,015 Member
    Anyone have any ideas on what the light blue stripe is meant to be? Looks kinda like a spotlight, or the light that comes down from the spaceship. An allusion to being 'beamed up' into a space ship maybe? - nah it's too wide for that. Also looks kinda like a road in the distance but then we'd have to assume that the dark blue is not meant to be the sky.
    Dragon fire, raining death down upon an unsuspecting town.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
    Gordy wrote: »
    Dragon fire, raining death down upon an unsuspecting town.

If only... :D
  • mspr1ntmspr1nt Posts: 51 Member
    " Batuu's surface was covered in jungles, oceans, and the petrified remains of ancient trees, referred to by the local Batuuans as "spires,"which towered over the planet's landscapes. The world was also home to farming communities, such as Peka and Surabat, and the town of Galma, known for its mechanics."

Just saying.
  • tomasgomes749tomasgomes749 Posts: 9 New Member
    1- I think they may be werewolves, I don't know if you noticed 3 planets, it may be related to 3 moons and it may be 3 phases of the Moon, New Moon, first quarter (full or at the apex) and full moon, and the werewolves are related to this moon phase ...

2- it may be space, with several planets and it may also be a mixture with the parallel future, they would travel to the future to see what is happening, and there may be Zumbi, a zombie apocalypse, we can escape to another planet ... B) B)
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,888 Member
    edited August 2020

for a second i thought it could be underwater instead of space and that is sun hitting ocean floor and the round thingies are bubbles and that whatever building is ??? but also feels incorrect cause why would bubbles line up like that

this starting to feel like interpreting art
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,015 Member
    I'm not a fan of Star Wars, so I wouldn't want anything overt. He costumes are bad enough, but a Star Wars planet would be real immersion-breaking.

I also gotta wonder why they'd do a full crossover with SW. Pandering items and memes are one thing, but a paid pack is another. With the franchise in a sorry state, a lot of the goodwill around the franchise' movies and games have been lost, and while Disney wanted to make Star Wars a family brand, would it be appealing to the target audience? Or are they hoping to appeal to the boomer players? Or maybe shacking up with the Sims is meant to keep SW in the public eye?
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,291 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »

for a second i thought it could be underwater instead of space and that is sun hitting ocean floor and the round thingies are bubbles and that whatever building is ??? but also feels incorrect cause why would bubbles line up like that

this starting to feel like interpreting art

Maybe EA are going for a Subnautica inspired pack - underwater space aliens!?
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,907 Member

As long as Maxis are not going for a "Rapture" scenario. I wouldn't buy that! My Sims would rather stay on Earth rather than that.

A spaceship to another world might be interesting though. The aliens already in the game revealing their true selves. I've always tended to ignore them in game.
  • SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    edited August 2020
    I am just vastly disappointed. I was so excited for this gamepack due to all the hints from the knifty knitting trailer. Now it's just another plum Strangerville like alien pack (or worse: Star Wars) and I already hate it even though I don't know what comes with it yet. It honestly can't be interesting for me in any way if it's space themed.

I don't want farming with strange creatures (someone posted that in that star wars world there is farming), I want real farming. I don't want my Sims to travel to some strange planet and I don't want aliens roaming my towns.

I hate it, I really hate it and I have never been more disappointed (except for when Strangerville was released). I am so not going to buy this. This will be the first pack I definitely won't buy.
  • quinhobpquinhobp Posts: 220 Member
    edited August 2020
    Seems like Pão de Açúcar (Rio)
    So a beach destination world game pack.
    Post edited by quinhobp on
  • cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    1- I think they may be werewolves, I don't know if you noticed 3 planets, it may be related to 3 moons and it may be 3 phases of the Moon, New Moon, first quarter (full or at the apex) and full moon, and the werewolves are related to this moon phase ...

i think if it was werewolves they'd have the difference phases of the moon instead of three full moons. not getting a vibe that this is werewolves.

definitely looking like a space pack or an alpine world. space looks more likely since its really pushing it on that being snow, a cabin, and a mountain....
    Dakota88 wrote: »
    I am just vastly disappointed. I was so excited for this gamepack due to all the hints from the knifty knitting trailer. Now it's just another plum Strangerville like alien pack (or worse: Star Wars) and I already hate it even though I don't know what comes with it yet. It honestly can't be interesting for me in any way if it's space themed.

I don't want farming with strange creatures (someone posted that in that star wars world there is farming), I want real farming. I don't want my Sims to travel to some strange planet and I don't want aliens roaming my towns.

I hate it, I really hate it and I have never been more disappointed (except for when Strangerville was released). I am so not going to buy this. This will be the first pack I definitely won't buy.

You don't think they would bring something like Strangerville a story-based pack again? Oh god please no no no no no!