Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Next Game Pack icon leaked on Official Sims website.

Comments

• peragogoperagogo Posts: 223 Member
    That's a good point @simmer_jay. The last two game packs were pretty supernatural or sci-fi between Realm of Magic and Strangerville. Jungle Adventure's curses and skeletons could also be considered a sort of fantasy too. I think we'll learn something sooner than later.
  • Moon_WillowMoon_Willow Posts: 732 Member
    Really hope it's some sort of space related pack, hopefully a pack that involves your sims colonising another planet. With the evolving world technology that been developed with Strangerville, Ocean Living and Eco Lifestyle you could have terraforming, changing the landscape so that human could live there. While we have had our sims live on an alien world before (Lunar Lakes) that world has been long established and static.
    tsNVdyA.png
    Gallery ID: Truet318, check out my latest builds on the gallery.

The Road goes ever on and on And I must follow, if I can,
    Until it joins some larger way,
    Where many paths and errands meet.
  • LogisitcsLogisitcs Posts: 1,156 Member
    edited August 2020
    The icon is so obscure because the GP does not have an overarching theme. It’s actually a pack that’s free and adds and expands on all the shallow systems in the game that involve the sims themselves and the simulation (relationships and romance, babies, teenagers and elders, hobbies and interests, sim uniqueness, wants and fears).

/sigh, one can dream
  • BK747BK747 Posts: 174 Member
    I definitely think there is an argument that the icon could fit either a space theme or a winter world. It's the fact that they've said the pack is something they've never done before that makes me think there might be another interpretation that we're missing.

Aliens have clearly had a presence in the game (whether they are lacking and need to be fleshed out better is another topic of discussion) and TS3 Lunar Lakes was a space world. We've had elements of winter vacations in the past...think back to Sims 1 Vacation, so it wouldn't be a brand new concept either. I do believe a winter vacation world is coming as it was included in the survey, but based on the timing of that survey, I'm not sure it would be coming out this soon.

Definitely excited to find out more! Hopefully sooner than later since they very clearly purposefully leaked this icon!
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,351 Member
    Just had a thought

What if whoever did the screen shot is using a Batuu icon swiped from somewhere Disney to cover up the real icon?

I mean, blurring it out or just leaving a blank space would have been a wiser choice if such is the case, but...
  • akasevenakaseven Posts: 279 Member
    peragogo wrote: »
    ts4-april-6-blog-image.png

Yes, it's the Sixam Owl from Realm of Magic or the Spotted Sixam from Sims 3: Pets. There's also an owl statue with that appearance for collecting all the feathers in Cats and Dogs.

But so far, none of the other renderings on the road map image have directly translated into a pack yet. The City Living protesters might have been a small hint towards Eco Lifestyle's NAPs, maybe even the pixelated gnome for the Love NAP. It's also possible the cats hinted at knitting since there's a yarn ball they can play with. All of that is just so obscure that it's debatable if it meant anything at all.

I guess it's also worth noting that Sixam is just Maxis backwards.

so in this case the Own and the explorer from jungle adventures maybe a hint for a explorer and seach a space?
  • aelias24aelias24 Posts: 220 Member
    edited August 2020
    I'm going to stick with my guess that it will be an African world.
    Real Life Is Never As Interesting As the SimswIiJK39.jpg
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    edited August 2020
    Huh..I am curious to learn more....but if it is....I am not feeling much interested.....need more info.
  • bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    It looks like an Alien World to me. They did talk about making a pack expanding aliens in one of the surveys that came out?
  • cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    edited August 2020
    bixters wrote: »
    It looks like an Alien World to me. They did talk about making a pack expanding aliens in one of the surveys that came out?

im only cool with them expanding aliens if they redo get to work at the same time.

we've gotten photography expanded in moschino and base game updates. if they take aliens out of that as well then at that point they shouldn't be charging 40 bucks for get to work anymore unless they update it with another career (im hoping for a firefighter career) and rehaul the retail system.

moving one or two cas and bb objects into base game is one thing but aliens and photography was a selling point in the intial release of get to work.
    cheescaeks wrote: »

im only cool with them expanding aliens if they redo get to work at the same time.

we've gotten photography expanded in moschino and base game updates. if they take aliens out of that as well then at that point they shouldn't be charging 40 bucks for get to work anymore unless they update it with another career (im hoping for a firefighter career) and rehaul the retail system.

moving one or two cas and bb objects into base game is one thing but aliens and photography was a selling point in the intial release of get to work.

Sadly with the way EA has been with TS4 I don't think we are gonna get that for free :(
    but an alien world would explain the future cube hint that says "destination unknown."
  • cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member

Sadly with the way EA has been with TS4 I don't think we are gonna get that for free :(

i dont think it would be technically free, we still paid for get to work and they did ask, in that survey, which expansion or gamepack we would like to be revisited.

get to work was their first expansion, and the sim gurus themselves said they wish they could fix certain things now that they have learned about what works in sims 4 and what doesn't.

honestly even without the aliens aspect of it all, i'd still want it to be polished up.
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited August 2020
    It‘s definitely an “Out In Space“ Game Pack.
    The 3 dots stand for 3 moons, which means we get a space world with 3 moons.

What else could these dots be? They‘re not snowballs in the sky.
    a256aFi.gif
  • bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    edited August 2020

I don't think they'd change anything about Get to Work unfortunately, maybe only with regards to the Scientist career. I think this is going to be a totally different planet with different Aliens on it. Maybe it would even be considered a new supernatural?

I have no idea what the gameplay will be. I'm not opposed to the idea, but at the same time I'd rather have things like attraction, better romance, and more depth to our sims, than another supernatural pack :/

I'm still am curious about it.
  • ElectraRaiElectraRai Posts: 99 Member
    This icon is so strange, perhaps its just placeholder icon... :'(
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited August 2020
    It literally looks like Batuu from Star Wars.
    E68-B6-BCF-A7-A7-4-D2-D-8-F58-7-D8-DDDD05-AD5.jpg
    simspackicongp.png

Batuu even has three moons.
    a256aFi.gif
  • filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    If they are improving aliens, what are they gonna do with aliens from GtW? Are they getting patched in base game? Or will they be two completely different life states?
  • InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    I am getting some sci-fi vibes from it, but Im not quite sure what to make of it. But I am taking it with a grain of salt as usual.
  • ChatonChaton Posts: 144 Member
    I see mountains on the right and a lodge on the left, the icon makes me think of a winter world.
    But I showed it to my boyfriend without context (he doesn't play the sims and doesn't know about the speculations) and he said "space conquest".
  • Mo0nLight321Mo0nLight321 Posts: 428 Member
    Please be a Sci-Fi themed pack.
  • Cassieb95Cassieb95 Posts: 347 Member
    edited August 2020
    Omg, I wish it is a sci-fi themed pack! <3<3 I'm so excited, I want it to be it!
    Although, the icon does not make any sense. :D It is so vague, that if nobody had given any clue, I wouldn't be able to make any connection. :D

Edit: the star wars world somebody mentioned sounds very interesting!
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    simspackicongp.png

Oh I hope so I really really hope so! Even though I'm not into star wars a space themed pack would be so amazing. I hope we'd get improvements to aliens too, or at least a new kind of alien.
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,867 Member
    edited August 2020
    Wow it does look like it !! I personally hope it's not a Space futuristic GP because there's so much that lacking and that they should give us first instead of something nobody really asked for and I want more realistic gameplay, and well the last GP was Realm of Magic, so something "normal" would make sense and be nice but....
    well, after seeing these pics I can't deny there's a strong resemblance. Ok, let's see what it is before judging....

That being said, I like Star Wars, and sims fighting with lightsabers would be fun but I really want more realistic gameplay like cars.
    simspackicongp.png

• ElectraRaiElectraRai Posts: 99 Member
    For me its looks more like a sci-fi than mountain skiing, i really wanted mountain skiing
    But knitting if sci-fi scenario seems amusing for some reason xd