Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Next Game Pack icon leaked on Official Sims website.

Comments

• BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    GracieO312 wrote: »
    My next question is: what does a French pig chef with a chalkboard have to do with any of this?

Maybe the empty chalk board represents the dark outer space?

On another note, space zombies anyone? ANYONE?! 😖😖
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    We already have a big city pack(City Living),so I highly doubt it would be Las Vegas or some other big city. Judging by the icon and the pig chef statue,I would guess it's either a winter vacation pack,some sort of midwestern -themed farm pack or maybe even a theme park pack.

They did say it was supposed to be a "major" first, didn't they?
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
    edited August 2020
    I'm thrilled as long as it's not reality tv I dont care.
    Definitely think a space pack could be interesting. I'm thinking of all the futuristic,dystopian scifi it could bring!! And better aliens!!!

Imagine if it turns out to be reality tv set in space 🤭
  • peragogoperagogo Posts: 223 Member
    Interesting!

I don't know that the Sims-blog.de interpretation is correct, I see the corners of the middle object as actually pointing up, not down. The "chimney" isn't really that wide. This really is like a Rorschach test for interpretations.

With every other icon, the white part is the background with the icon being in the foreground. It looks cool as a contrast but it seems to indicate the background is the whatever it is. To me, it looks like a very big mountain in the background with a smaller, thin mountain in front. Two buildings, one with points on the top. The smaller mountain could be an oddly shaped building. The circles are what really stump me. It could be three moons, could be three coins. Could be that the icon itself is a bubble or sphere and that's light reflecting on it. I don't think it's actually bubbles, because they'd probably be going upwards instead of an arc.

I honestly have no idea lol. So far the hints are:
    1. "Another group on our team is currently focused on our next Game Pack. This pack is a major first for us, and we are super eager to share it with all of you later this year." A Word From Our Team: Coming Soon in The Sims 4
    2. "Side by side. Sure. Spaced out. Yup. Stack ‘em up? Hmm." - new Future Cube hint
    3. "The most popular destination to elope is not yet known." - new Future Cube hint
    4. Porc du Jour (Pork of the Day in French) - Item Description: "Enlist the services of a charming personal chef. Jolly, pink and generously proportioned, this friendly companion has an appetite for finer morsels. Indulge him by writing on his ready little slab. Then wipe it clean and start afresh, for another day full of delights." Hint from SimGuruGeorge on Twitter.
    5. And now this icon.

• SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    Simburian wrote: »
    If it was a mistake they have certainly taken the icon off now as I don't see it at all. Intriguing though and I wouldn't mind a Space pack but anything new will be welcome.

Futurecube sayings.....refer to the stars? I've seen relevant ones so far.....
    The mysteries of the universe will remain hidden.
    Side by side. Sure. Spaced out, Yup. Stack 'em up? Hmmm.
    The sprites are really grateful for the connection they have with you .... Keep to this path and you future will be supremely sparkly.

Of course....It could be an outline of the Grim Reaper on the right and a supernatural pack set on another planet! I wish they wouldn't do this to us....... :o

@Simburian The icon can still be seen on the link I posted from the official site. It's still up
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
    edited August 2020
    Oh yea!!!I forgot about the spaced out hint!!! Maybe it's not bunk beds after all @peragogo
  • CorvinowCorvinow Posts: 73 Member
    I absolutely hated at first but then I remembered the speculation here that it could be a reality tv pack and now I space doesn't sound so bad
    Or yet in wise old Ravenclaw If you've a ready mind, where those of wit and learning will always find their kind
    @Babykittyjade It could still be bunk beds. The Eco Lifestyle and Knitting hints weren't the full pack but hints of features.

"The threads of your future knit together in a wave of darkness." Metal station in Knitting
    "Your future is… not bright, but illuminated… probably to an intensity of 0.981 candelas." Candle making in Eco Lifestyle
    "Self-organization will be key to a happy future." Inventory update
    "Climbing to the top one rung at a time!" Ladder update

I try not to speculate with certainty but the side-by-side-spaced-out hint does really scream bunkbeds. It's just figuring out where "a major first", eloping, a pig with a sign and whatever the icon is, what all they have to do with each other.
  • mspr1ntmspr1nt Posts: 51 Member
    Wasn't there a pig chef in Angry Birds? A link there somehow?
  • bizuktagbizuktag Posts: 552 Member
    I'm not entirely convinced, but my boyfriend is certain the pack is going to be a Star Wars tie-in. The Galaxy's Edge theme park at Disney has some similar structures with little capped buildings and tall rocks. Official story lore says the world they built in the park, Batuu, has three suns.

If it is a Star Wars pack, what would the gameplay consist of?

batuu-main-2_af643f4a.jpeg?region=0%2C0%2C1280%2C720&width=960
  • mspr1ntmspr1nt Posts: 51 Member
    Thinking about it (and I know the hints can mean anything if you look hard enough...)... but....in Angry Birds there were....
    Frozen Pig Sprites in the space version of the game too.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,351 Member
    While a space theme would be cool - and I'd love a Sixam expansion - I'm going to go with it's something they said would never come - a Theme Park, specifically a Star Wars Themed Amusement Park.

Because the resemblance to Batuu is very strong.

So a vacation world with Batuu/star wars inspired elements, lots of rabbit holes for the rides because they're all dark rides (so they don't actually have to build them) and maybe Hotels, which it will turn out are just Apartments as rental spaces.

There. I've kept my expectations in the realistic range. :smiley:

But as I said, I'd love an actual Sci-Fi pack too. With Aliens. Or a new type of Alien - another species besides the ones from Sixam... Ah, now I'm going off into speculation.
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    bizuktag wrote: »
    I'm not entirely convinced, but my boyfriend is certain the pack is going to be a Star Wars tie-in. The Galaxy's Edge theme park at Disney has some similar structures with little capped buildings and tall rocks. Official story lore says the world they built in the park, Batuu, has three suns.

Hmmm curious to see this if it's true. Maybe I can finally use the star wars outfits for something 😅 as long as aliens get a decent upgrade!
  • akasevenakaseven Posts: 279 Member
    edited August 2020
    I saw the spark post and as the icon appears in all the prints, it looks like it is real, a shame I couldn't see the name in the side column. I am hyper and with rising expectations, i need answers!

tenor.gif

• GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,291 Member
    edited August 2020
    Wait... call me crazy but I think the owl (roadmap image) from RoM is called the Sixam Owl??
  • akasevenakaseven Posts: 279 Member
    GracieO312 wrote: »
    Wait... call me crazy but I think the owl (roadmap image) from RoM is called the Sixam Owl??

WAIT...
  • cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    well. i hope the sims team is reading all these threads on here and reddit and seeing how absolutely garbage the icon is in conveying what the hell it means haha. hopefully that's not the finalized icon.
  • graventhegraventhe Posts: 1,330 Member
    We have like 6355465 packs for aliens and futuristic gameplay but zero farming gameplay..hopefully it's a winter vacation pack :)
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,334 Member
    Could be space themed, but might also be a mountain getaway, mountain climbing having been on the list of possible themes in a previous survey.

Seeing that this is the "major first" GP, our sims not having a permanent home, but traveling from planet to planet would certainly be a major first. I imagine the home lot would always be the same and fully buildable, but the backdrop would change upon "travel" and the other lots in the neighborhood make use of the EL community space buildmode with different appearances for the same lot (depending on what solar system you are in atm?). If the concept gets accepted by the players, they might - just might - recycle it in form of cruise ships. I'm down for both.
    ts4-april-6-blog-image.png

Yes, it's the Sixam Owl from Realm of Magic or the Spotted Sixam from Sims 3: Pets. There's also an owl statue with that appearance for collecting all the feathers in Cats and Dogs.

But so far, none of the other renderings on the road map image have directly translated into a pack yet. The City Living protesters might have been a small hint towards Eco Lifestyle's NAPs, maybe even the pixelated gnome for the Love NAP. It's also possible the cats hinted at knitting since there's a yarn ball they can play with. All of that is just so obscure that it's debatable if it meant anything at all.

I guess it's also worth noting that Sixam is just Maxis backwards.
  • SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    graventhe wrote: »
    We have like 6355465 packs for aliens and futuristic gameplay but zero farming gameplay..hopefully it's a winter vacation pack :)

I agree completely.
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    bizuktag wrote: »

I hope not. I am not a star wars fan at all, and I cannot imagine what they will add with that as a Sims Pack without it being extremely niche and specific to Star Wars... I prefer not having any RL brands in my Sims Games, but well, we will see.
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Onverser wrote: »
    This is how I see it, interesting to see that other people interpret it a totally different way

1rjXBxw.png

Cool! I like all the different interpretations. This is how I saw the icon:

5KxwP4W.jpg

Yes please!!!

Oh I would throw my wallet at the screen for space and sci-fi <3<3

Must remember to keep the hype down. It could be nothing.
  • JayandMeekaJayandMeeka Posts: 2,377 Member
    Would they really do two supernatural packs in a row? It's not impossible, but I don't see that as likely. Hmm! We may be getting answers soon!