Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Animal Crossing

Comments

• SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    we didn't get a august update.

The July 30th update was considered the August update.

i did get one fish after the post. see whining at you still works. :)

Yay hahaha!!!! Always available to fix your game issues by being whined at lol! I dunno how it helps but evidence shows that it 100% does lol!
  • SeashoreLiviaSeashoreLivia Posts: 833 Member
    How many of you have made a second (or third) character for your island? (Not other family living on your island but youyourself doing it?)

I only have one character but I thought it'd be neat to create 2 (or even 3) more and keep them in tents in my campground area (or move the campground in the beach), put them aroudn a campfire or something. The campsite is cute but it's almost always empty and I want it to look less isolated haha.

If you have done this, when you create the second character do you have to go through the full tutorial again? Like how much do you actually have to do since most of it is done? And do you create an entire different nintendo account for it? Do you need another email address? Or can I just add a second player.

It’s been a couple months since I made my 2nd character so I might be forgetting some stuff, you have to do some of the tutorial though. Nook has to teach you how to craft and how to customize furniture and you get more free customization kits. You have to buy most flimsy tool recipes instead of getting them for free.
    I don’t think you need another Nintendo account unless you want your other character to have online. I made one for fun but I didn’t have it for the first day I played with my other character. All you do is make another profile on your switch and then choose the new profile when you want to play animal crossing.
    If you have a second player you will get 2 recipe bottles on the beach, 2 money spots, and you can buy an extra piece of art from Redd. You have to play as the other character to get these things. Also all players on the island share custom design slots so you won’t get more.
    I hope this helps :)
    How many of you have made a second (or third) character for your island? (Not other family living on your island but youyourself doing it?)

I only have one character but I thought it'd be neat to create 2 (or even 3) more and keep them in tents in my campground area (or move the campground in the beach), put them aroudn a campfire or something. The campsite is cute but it's almost always empty and I want it to look less isolated haha.

If you have done this, when you create the second character do you have to go through the full tutorial again? Like how much do you actually have to do since most of it is done? And do you create an entire different nintendo account for it? Do you need another email address? Or can I just add a second player.

It’s been a couple months since I made my 2nd character so I might be forgetting some stuff, you have to do some of the tutorial though. Nook has to teach you how to craft and how to customize furniture and you get more free customization kits. You have to buy most flimsy tool recipes instead of getting them for free.
    I don’t think you need another Nintendo account unless you want your other character to have online. I made one for fun but I didn’t have it for the first day I played with my other character. All you do is make another profile on your switch and then choose the new profile when you want to play animal crossing.
    If you have a second player you will get 2 recipe bottles on the beach, 2 money spots, and you can buy an extra piece of art from Redd. You have to play as the other character to get these things. Also all players on the island share custom design slots so you won’t get more.
    I hope this helps :)

Ty! Yes it does. I don't think I'd bother with logging in to them to get more money tree spots etc since I usually don't bother with my current ones even haha but for redd for sure lol! Mostly I just want a few more so I can have a few more tents / houses to decorate hahaha I def wouldn't need online with them.
    Heads up, there's now 3 new items in the seasonal section of Nook Shopping, 2 outfits and a cowboy style ride on horse thing. I'm guessing they are there for the month of August but not sure and they are limited time only so may want to grab them earlier rather than later
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member

Yay hahaha!!!! Always available to fix your game issues by being whined at lol! I dunno how it helps but evidence shows that it 100% does lol!

maybe my game is afraid of you coming at it on a jetski.
    edited August 2020

hahaha! but.... so now I want jetski's in AC LOL
  • dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    edited August 2020
    Ugh... so Mitzi was thinking about moving out a few days ago. I just closed out the game to try and reroll who asked to leave because I want Hazel to go. Mitzi keeps asking though. It's now the 3rd time in a row it's been Mitzi. I'm convinced they have it set so that favourites want to move out the most just to toy with the players emotions.

I like just paid to move Mitzi's house too. I dunno maybe she hates the new spot. Literally her first day in the new location.
    dreamerz13 wrote: »
    Ugh... so Mitzi was thinking about moving out a few days ago. I just closed out the game to try and reroll who asked to leave because I want Hazel to go. Mitzi keeps asking though. It's now the 3rd time in a row it's been Mitzi. I'm convinced they have it set so that favourites want to move out the most just to toy with the players emotions.

I like just paid to move Mitzi's house too. I dunno maybe she hates the new spot. Literally her first day in the new location.

Ugh haha! good luck moving the bubble to Hazel! I know the feeling... over 700 NMT to find Genji, and he's asked me to leave TWICE now... lol. Ummm... no hahaha!
    edited August 2020
    never mind
    Post edited by SeashoreLivia on
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,703 Member
    93 on my island.
  • mintycupcakemintycupcake Posts: 13,212 Member
    I'm trying to see in certain villagers houses, so I time travelled to 6:30 am (certain villagers hang out in their house for a while after they wake up) and Ankha was up! She was telling how she should be getting her beauty rest, but woke up early that morning and how she tried to go back to sleep, but she couldn't. I had no idea that villagers can wake up early! Do you think they ever stay up late, too? 🤔
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
    I'm trying to see in certain villagers houses, so I time travelled to 6:30 am (certain villagers hang out in their house for a while after they wake up) and Ankha was up! She was telling how she should be getting her beauty rest, but woke up early that morning and how she tried to go back to sleep, but she couldn't. I had no idea that villagers can wake up early! Do you think they ever stay up late, too? 🤔

Yes! Some villagers are morning ones and some are night owls. They all have diff bedtimes and the ones that go to bed earlier get up earlier

Yes! Some villagers are morning ones and some are night owls. They all have diff bedtimes and the ones that go to bed earlier get up earlier

Ankha is up before her usual wake up time. Snooty villagers usually sleep in until 9.
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻

Ankha is up before her usual wake up time. Snooty villagers usually sleep in until 9.

Yes that is earlier than normal, but I've had them get up/stay up late quite often. Ithink the game is designed so that there's always a few villagers awake, no matter what time you play. I"ve seen them up at 3/4am when time travelling... always 2-3 still up or already up. So if you have all snooty villagers but played before 9am the game would just generate that a few got up early that day, if that makes sense
    Finally got all my houses moved. Still got a lot of clean up to do and maybe I'll get a dream code set up. I want to but my island is too gross right now lol.

And Doc asked to move out now 😭😭😭 I'm just rerolling again because my precious little bunny is never allowed to leave but yeesh. Why do I feel like Hazel will never leave.

my poor sims starve when they go boating i can never get the supplies on the boat. sorry i went off off topic in the off topic section.

my poor sims starve when they go boating i can never get the supplies on the boat. sorry i went off off topic in the off topic section.

My sims never starve because I cheat their needs to remain high at all times :p hahahaha!

And back on topic, I'm afk but my island is open to friends if anyone wants to come grab a second light up headband from Isabelle. The fireworks go for 2 more hours my time zone so I think you can get one until they stop.
    edited August 2020
    Ughhhh. Hazel just won't go. Mitzi has had the bubble 3 times, Cherry 2 times, doc 2 times, rudy once, and Kidd once.

I've also had 4 or 5 campsite villagers and they'e all been cranky types who aren't even cute. Why is this so difficult lol.
    Merry just gave me the nickname "shmoopy" lol
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻

My villagers call me either Livvy or Liv. I never like the nicknames they suggest so I give them one I want.

My villagers call me either Livvy or Liv. I never like the nicknames they suggest so I give them one I want.

Teddy is the only one who has let me pick my nickname. If I tell the others no, they just say aww I'll try to come up with something better next time. And then they never bring it up again.
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻

One of my villagers tried to give me that one recently too. I was like "nah, I'm sticking with gold star, thanks" lol. They give some interesting names... then again I put sleepy one day when asked to change my nickname because I didn't like the suggested name and couldn't think of anything else and it was like 4am so it fit at the time... but I can't judge much lol.
    edited August 2020
    Well Gala had the moving bubble 4 times. Doc 2 more. And Rudy 2 more. And now my game is in September from skipping ahead so often and the bubble seems to have vanished for the last couple game days. So I guess I'm stuck with Hazel. And I have another campsite visitor and it's still not anybody worth kicking out Hazel for. Like why does the game hate me. Ugh.

Now I'm trying to avoid the fall temptation in my game too lol. I want to enjoy fall when it's actually time. But it's tempting me soooooo much lol.

Edit: the bubble lives on, Nibbles has it now.
    Post edited by dreamerz13 on

for some reason i;m mountain. not sure who started it.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top