Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Teen and young adult enhancements and ideas

I think teens in the sims 4 are just adults that go to school and young adults are just adults. Teens and young adults should get acne be shorter and less mature then adults. Young adults should have the option to live in apartments and call their parents for help and money to pay rent. Teens should act out and have curfews, want to move out, have better careers and playable school. And when your in high school there is SO MUCH DRAMA and that should be incorporated! Teens also need school parties like prom, and have teen parties like they did in the sims 3 generations!
Soo... When do we get preteens playing in snow?

Comments

• CoffeeShopLoveCoffeeShopLove Posts: 14 New Member
    I totally agree! I honestly find myself getting a little bored playing the younger life-stages because there just isn't all that much for them to do. I plan on getting Kids Room Stuff at some point because it seems that it adds some more things for the Child life-stage. If EA doesn't plan on making a generations type pack (I know they are trying to keep things different than the past games), then maybe they could add a stuff pack or two geared towards teens!
    I also feel ya on the young adult thing. There honestly seems to be no difference between young adults and adults...like what's the point in having separate stages if they are exactly the same? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • CoffeeShopLoveCoffeeShopLove Posts: 14 New Member
    Ooo, also, if they bring colleges back, that would be a good opportunity to add things for the teen and young adult life stage!
  • ImGluedToMyComputerImGluedToMyComputer Posts: 188 Member
    Collages would be awesome for YA! YA could get scared around pregnant sims too because they don't want to get fat
    Soo... When do we get preteens playing in snow?
  • LeosimsLeosims Posts: 47 Member
    I think teens in the sims 4 are just adults that go to school and young adults are just adults. Teens and young adults should get acne be shorter and less mature then adults. Young adults should have the option to live in apartments and call their parents for help and money to pay rent. Teens should act out and have curfews, want to move out, have better careers and playable school. And when your in high school there is SO MUCH DRAMA and that should be incorporated! Teens also need school parties like prom, and have teen parties like they did in the sims 3 generations!

Lets See.

Curfew Is Now Possible in Parenthood,Drama Isnt Incoporated,Acne Isnt There,Short Teens Isnt here,Teens are Still MATURE Than adults......
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    That's why I wanted American High School in the survey it is a way of leaning towards doing something for teens to make them stand out different from YA and teens need stuff I mean we got a kid pack, we got a toddler pack but no teen pack. I would appreciate the American High School Pack very much if they would do it because it will finally separate teen from ya but also give more opportunities for kids as well with after school/sports activities and maybe throw in some field trips.
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    be shorter
    No.
    Too many teens here are taller than their parents, making them shorter would be unrealistic.

AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    Movotti wrote: »
    be shorter
    No.
    Too many teens here are taller than their parents, making them shorter would be unrealistic.

unrealistic? well i guess i never existed lmao

this game just comprimes life stages too much and compressing 13-19 yrs old in a single life stage with barely no changes and making them look like young adults is just to reuse animations and all that sorta stuff, thats why the only different life stage was the chidren and now the toddlers after people asked for them (they said it was impossible for the game engine). it's easier, cheaper and we have the "there's tall teens irl" argument to excuse it. i did not include babies cuz they're like objects in this game
    bellagoth_ wrote: »
    be shorter
    No.

Being an exception to the rule, doesn't make you in the majority. Thus shorter teens in game would be unrealistic. Generally, teens are shooting up, as parents are starting to shrink. IF anyone should be shorter, it's elders.

it's easier, cheaper and we have the "there's tall teens irl" argument to excuse it.
    If they made teens shorter, then all you short teen fans would be whining about the lack of clothing options for your short teens, and the lack of interaction options. It is a lot of work to make all that extra stuff for an unnecessary size group, so you'd have to put up with the limited options, and I don't think you'd like that much.

edited August 2020
    be shorter
    No.

Being an exception to the rule, doesn't make you in the majority. Thus shorter teens in game would be unrealistic. Generally, teens are shooting up, as parents are starting to shrink. IF anyone should be shorter, it's elders.

it's easier, cheaper and we have the "there's tall teens irl" argument to excuse it.
    If they made teens shorter, then all you short teen fans would be whining about the lack of clothing options for your short teens, and the lack of interaction options. It is a lot of work to make all that extra stuff for an unnecessary size group, so you'd have to put up with the limited options, and I don't think you'd like that much.

an exception to the rule? are you serious? i was a teen not long ago and i don't see how most of the teens are taller than their parents. having some shorter sims should be a meaning as to how teenagers are growing up.

it's interesting how fans are starting to get conditioned to the fact that we can't have more good things in the game. i would be whining about the lack of stuff only because ea won't bother to pay the sims studio a bit more to produce more content with some quality. jesus do i really have to excuse a multimillionaire videogame company lack of effort just because "it's a lot of work" lmao
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited August 2020
    be shorter
    No.

As a major teen player I would hate it😖😖 they would be so neglected I just know it. I'm happy with the amount of teen options just by being the same height.

The height doesn't bother me as long the teen actually looks like a teen. Some look really old lol 😅😅😅 I'm more interested in new teen gameplay.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
    are you serious?
    Yes. Short teens would be unrealistic to what I see in my city. Tweens are often as tall as their mother.
    There are a few exceptions, though many kids grow like hemsworths out here. It must be all the radiation.
    it's interesting how fans are starting to get conditioned to the fact that we can't have more good things in the game. i would be whining about the lack of stuff only because ea won't bother to pay the sims studio a bit more to produce more content with some quality. jesus do i really have to excuse a multimillionaire videogame company lack of effort just because "it's a lot of work" lmao
    I would rather energy be put into more activities, than wasted on redoing animations and clothing.
    Gimme bands, not shorties.

As a major teen player I would hate it😖😖 they would be so neglected I just know it. I'm happy with the amount of teen options just by being the same height.

The height doesn't bother me as long the teen actually looks like a teen. Some look really old lol 😅😅😅 I'm more interested in new teen gameplay.
    There's more than a few teens out in the real world who look like they're older than they really look.
    I've seen a 16 year old with more wrinkles than a 30 year old. And a 13 year old who was at a bar, had fake id, and passed for their early 20's. Had a friend who I often met up with at a bar, I was really surprised when about a year later he celebrated his 18th.

are you serious?
    Yes. Short teens would be unrealistic to what I see in my city. Tweens are often as tall as their mother.
    There are a few exceptions, though many kids grow like hemsworths out here. It must be all the radiation.
    I would rather energy be put into more activities, than wasted on redoing animations and clothing.
    Gimme bands, not shorties.

the sims is based on the world diversity not in your city diversity and a short person is not something unrealistic.
    but that's not my point, my point is that in ts4 teens look like y.a because it's easier to reuse all the stuff but devs didn't even bother in trying to make them look like teens, not only for their height but for everything, all life stages except the children and before are the same type of sim just thinner or with some wrinkles, it's the same! and even being the same we still lack content anyways
    ts4 probably won't have any more significant changes, but i'd love a height slider/presets in ts5.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    edited August 2020
    be shorter
    No.

I use a height slider mod and clothes are just scaled down, animations look exactly the same with the exception of animations where they touch each other like hugging, and even that looks okay, there is no clipping.

While it of course depends on how exactly you design your teens... the overall impression that I am getting when I am looking at the premade teens like Luna Villareal for example is that they look scaled up. I think it has to do with the way Maxis makes sims where they often have pretty large heads and the fact that teens often have a skinny body shape (create a young adult sim in CAS and then change their age in CAS and you will often see that the game just shrinks their body shape without changing their height or resizing their head).

zpPkQNT.png
    height slider mod where Luna is just a bit shorter, notice how her arms no longer seem to be so long and she looks way less skinnier (also helped by a skin default overlay)

I know it's subjective but I definitely think with they way they designed teens in this game that they should have been a bit shorter, with the way the game creates teens they just look like tall young adults with a slightly different body shape.
    Post edited by logion on
    the sims is based on the world diversity not in your city diversity and a short person is not something unrealistic.
    indeed.

Here's the issue I'm having: Girls reach full adult height by around 16. If being shorter than both your parents was the norm, then we'd be knee deep in midget women by now. Guys usually have a major growth spurt in their early teens. A six foot 14 year old is not all that uncommon.

logion wrote: »
    I use a height slider mod and clothes are just scaled down, animations look exactly the same with the exception of animations where they touch each other like hugging, and even that looks okay, there is no clipping.
    It's there's no issues, and it's that simple, then why haven't they added one?
    It sounds like a more practical compromise.
    I could keep my towering teens, and anyone who wants theirs stunted, could have them that way.

indeed.

Here's the issue I'm having: Girls reach full adult height by around 16. If being shorter than both your parents was the norm, then we'd be knee deep in midget women by now. Guys usually have a major growth spurt in their early teens. A six foot 14 year old is not all that uncommon.

please travel more
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    edited August 2020
    It's there's no issues, and it's that simple, then why haven't they added one?
    It sounds like a more practical compromise.
    I could keep my towering teens, and anyone who wants theirs stunted, could have them that way.
    I'm not sure, the mod scales them down in game but when Maxis are making their animations maybe would have to add support for that in Maya. They probably think it's not worth it so they are fine with people using mods who wants to change it. It's not the first time Maxis does not want to add things that modders have added or fixed though, like skintones.

• izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    edited August 2020
    Almost everyone I met these days are taller than their parents, and even their older siblings, I dont think making the sims shorter than ya or adult is a great addition if someone wants to go for tEh rEaLism, but if it helps them differentiate which is which then sure, though I have no issue knowing who is teen and who is YA. their unique youthful face and idle animation are giveaways.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,291 Member
    As a female tallie myself I actually like getting some height representation in this game! I was tallest in my year at school, the tallest on my course at university, I'm taller than my older sister (who used to call me Snow White because I was taller than all my friends) and I'm also nearly as tall as my Dad (6'2") so it feels very natural to me for teens to be this height. However, I wish they would make some auditory changes to the teens - by giving them a whole new set of voices I might just be able to make them out. This, however, will not help the Simmers who play with sounds off so... IDK...