Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

First time i've genuinely disagreed with LGR on a review

Comments

• fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    ElectraRai wrote: »
    Hmm... i get some people might see this pack as bad one, items to be similar to what we have but in the end of the day this is what we voted for so...
    (I accualy like this pack :P)

But its not what we voted for. We voted for an arts and crafts pack that they then whittled down to a knitting pack. Same with laundry day pack. We voted for an eco living pack which then got split up over three separate packs. (island living, laundry day, and eco lifestyle)
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • PreCiiousPreCiious Posts: 353 Member
    edited August 2020
    I am not super into knitting or crafting decorative items and would have appreciated other stuff, but at least a skill can define a sims personality and this one is done pretty well.
    Sims4 in general... you always watch sims do things that you command them to do. You see your sim do homework, you see your sim vanishing into a rabbithole... you watch your sim while he knits... yeah it is repetitive, but thats the sims4.

@fruitsbasket101

It is what we voted for and we did got the information. . Before the vote they wrote that down

The stuff pack will include the top voted gameplay (knitting) from the top voted theme. Additional gameplay from the theme may be included if it fits within the stuff pack scope of the stuff pack, but its not guaranteed

The additional gameplay is only seen in the items. I think it was a fair community vote. They included a lot of things, that didnt make it into the final vote.

In no way would an arts and crafts themed pack be all covered in a stuff pack. We saw what happend with the whole eco living theme and how it got an expansion pack, while it included solar panels, nektar making and freegan trait. I thought all of that could have fitted within a gameplay pack but this DLCs are thtat limited i guess...
    Post edited by PreCiious on
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    You are allowed to not agree with LGR, but he has a point...this pack is super bare bones and hardly no meat on it. Like....I am glad we got baby onesies, but....they could have added a bit more....
  • bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    babajayne wrote: »
    Any of the voting options would have resulted in a narrow stuff pack. That’s not our fault. It’s all they were willing to offer to begin with.

Yeah I wanted it because I knit and I love hobbies in the game. But if they had an option for attraction, more traits, cars, hotels and better vacations, knitting would have been on the bottom of my list. The problem is not what the voting outcome was, the problem is that most of us rightfully feel there are more important things we are still missing. And that’s not the fault of stuff packs. It’s the fault of the base game and wimpy expansions that missed opportunities to include much more.

Totally agree!! Blame EA for bad DLC practices, but it's important to review the pack fairly within its scope. We know how Stuff Packs work. Do I like the way that EA divides up products? No. But at the same time, I can still see they tried their best with the resources given to them.
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    edited August 2020
    I had to disagree with LGR in that he really did not do justice to the pack when he said it was bare bones. I agree with everyone who likes the Nifty Knitting pack, I think they did a good job with the knitting animation. I would have preferred for them to have a ball of yarn attached to the knitting but hey, who am I to judge. :D

And I didn't even vote for it. >:)
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    bshag4lv wrote: »
    I had to disagree with LGR in that he really did not do justice to the pack when he said it was bare bones. I agree with everyone who likes the Nifty Knitting pack, I think they did a good job with the knitting animation. I would have preferred for them to have a ball of yarn attached to the knitting but hey, who am I to judge. :D

And I didn't even vote for it. >:)

Glad I am not the only one who thinks it looks a bit funny without a ball of yarn in their lap.
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    AnnLee87 wrote: »
    I usually do disagree with most of his reviews but he is still funny to watch and has a right to his own opinion. He is a tech guy. He's not interested in knitting. So what! It's very entertaining to watch him in any of his videos. He does a more then Sims reviews. I like his content!

Same! His videos are so funny. The other stuff he does with computer tech and other vintage things is so cool to me. He's very passionate about it. And his voice is so soothing too! Lol
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I can't get over how cute this animation is:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8wIN-YauFE
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    I like this pack but one of my issues with it is that it needs more items to knit like for example mittens, scarves and more styles of beanies, we only have one style of them with little variants and i dont like them. I feel the current selection is too small. I would have picked more options for knitted items over regular b&b furniture pieces. Oh, and i agree with the comments above about the animation XD It is not a big deal though, and i still love the one used for when a sim tries to teach another. I did not watch his vid, but yeah it seems like i dont fully agree with him either.

• nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    I disagree with most of the reviews, I just watch them because I enjoy them.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• JustinJustin Posts: 731 Member
    edited August 2020
    Why are people defending a pack that is obviously a money grab? I voted for H.H but when arts & crafts won I wasn’t upset because I liked sims 2 free time. There was pottery, car mechanic , sewing machine & a bunch. Then they only gave knitting. Like really? What a joke. LG is like most of us. He’s seeing from a consumer prospective that sims 4 is going to a completely different direction & is becoming a joke now. Laundry , tiny living & eco living are something that should of been a simple expansion. You didn’t need a whole pack dedicated to laundry when that time & resources could of gone to something different & new. Not recycled . These other sim influences that praise & stand for these packs is what is wrong with the game & why EA continues it’s money grab.
    Justin wrote: »
    Why are people defending a pack that is obviously a money grab? I voted for H.H but when arts & crafts won I wasn’t upset because I liked sims 2 free time. There was pottery, car mechanic , sewing machine & a bunch. Then they only gave knitting. Like really? What a joke. LG is like most of us. He’s seeing from a consumer prospective that sims 4 is going to a completely different direction & is becoming a joke now. Laundry , tiny living & eco living are something that should of been a simple expansion. You didn’t need a whole pack dedicated to laundry when that time & resources could of gone to something different & new. Not recycled . These other sim influences that praise & stand for these packs is what is wrong with the game & why EA continues it’s money grab.
    I actually prefer Happy Haunts to be in a larger pack because Stuff Packs have a limited asset budget compared to other packs which is understandable that LGR and I never have liked stuff packs as a concept. I much prefer only game packs and expansion packs and patches be focused on. It is like too many tiny eggs in a basket.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • BatmanFanGirlBatmanFanGirl Posts: 1,298 Member
    I'm not defending it really. But stuff packs are what they are in Sims 4. So we have an established pattern. Like I said if LGR had said all stuff packs are rip offs and you shouldn't by them, I would have no problem. I understand that. It was what he said about this pack in comparison to previous stuff packs which I didn't agree with.

heartstopper-couple.gif
  • AncaryvanAncaryvan Posts: 736 Member
    edited August 2020
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyWTcIIBXBs
    For anyone who concerns about LGR's review why there's no one mention anything about Carl's Review. :neutral:
    Seriously... like LGR is the only commentator :astonished:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65VG4IacGsg
    I literally play this music above when playing Sims 4! Cozy and Fuzzy
  • So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member

Unfortunately I think you’ll find that The Sims community is, by and large, incredibly receptive to whatever is put in front of them — second rate products notwithstanding. This is probably due to their longstanding passion for the series and the fact that it’s the only game in town — which is perfectly understandable.

This has resulted in complacency on the part of EA (for sure) and possibly even the development team. It’s no wonder the series has become so stagnant.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    I can't get over how cute this animation is:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8wIN-YauFE

I especially like the way the cat kicks the ball of yarn with their back legs. It feels so real!
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • JustinJustin Posts: 731 Member
    I actually prefer Happy Haunts to be in a larger pack because Stuff Packs have a limited asset budget compared to other packs which is understandable that LGR and I never have liked stuff packs as a concept. I much prefer only game packs and expansion packs and patches be focused on. It is like too many tiny eggs in a basket.

Oh no I totally agree! But I feel stuff packs should focus more on cas items & BB items. Arts and crafts should of been a game pack where they included other hobbies .
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,370 Member
    edited August 2020
    I rarely ever agree with LGR, but I love to watch his reviews. He's very entertaining. I've watched his Sims 2 and 3 reviews too and I've never even played Sims 2 or 3.
    I know he doesn't like stuff packs, so I didn't expect him to like this one either.
    edited August 2020

Oh no I totally agree! But I feel stuff packs should focus more on cas items & BB items. Arts and crafts should of been a game pack where they included other hobbies .
    I prefer gameplay and build items for me. CAS there is enough of the same old same old for all the packs. Sims 4 needs to balance out in other areas besides just CAS for females. LGR is one of my favorite reviewers with how concise he is. I love his Goodwill shops too. There are so many videos that focus hours on just CAS and gets repetitive and dull.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Ancaryvan wrote: »
    For anyone who concerns about LGR's review why there's no one mention anything about Carl's Review. :neutral:

Thank you for posting this. This is a balanced and complete review. Carl mentioned every feature of the game, both what he likes and what he dislikes. This is a good job, with effort made to be informative.
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    edited August 2020
    telmarina wrote: »
    Ancaryvan wrote: »

Thank you for posting this. This is a balanced and complete review. Carl mentioned every feature of the game, both what he likes and what he dislikes. This is a good job, with effort made to be informative.

I agree! I love Carl's reviews. I usually disagree with 80% of his opinions, loving the things he hates and hating what he loves haha, but his reviews are really in-depth and well done and I enjoy listening to him a lot! He's super entertaining and I love his voice haha! I hadn't seen that he'd posted yet somehow and he's my favourite Sims Youtuber so I really appreciate the link!
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    This is a good job, with effort made to be informative.
    lgr is not suppose to be super informative he is the lazy game reviewer he is far more entertaining then carl though I think
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    edited August 2020
    lgr is not suppose to be super informative he is the lazy game reviewer he is far more entertaining then carl though I think

I also think he's funny and i use to like his reviews. But not this time. I didn't think he was funny like he uses to be, nor as informative as it could be. It was kind of bland...
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    telmarina wrote: »

I also think he's funny and i use to like his reviews. But not this time. I didn't think he was funny like he uses to be, nor as informative as it could be. It was kind of bland...
    this was not one of his best videos no it was basically him just saying sims 4 is a awful game
    it didn't seem like he tried that hard this time and none of his sims were elders or kids so he didn't show the best part of
    the rocker
    more for sim kids and more drama please