Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you think Maxis will surprise us with another Stuffpack in October?

Comments

• CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member
    edited August 2020
    2020:
    August/ September: Gamepack. (Please not a reality show pack)
    October/ November: Expansion Pack. (Please not a reality show pack)

2021:
    January/ February: Game or Stuff Pack. (Please never a reality show pack)

• BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    edited August 2020
    How many stuff packs do you guys need? Sims 4 has 17! That's the most stuff packs a sims game has ever had and if you ask me it's gone overboard. That knitting stuff pack just released, at this point the game literally becoming a stuff pack simulator. Theres more stuff than actually game, I dont know what is and I'm not trying to be mean but it just seems like s4 community is obssessed with stuff packs but dont realize shoving all this stuff into the game isnt going to make the core of the game any better. We need bugs fixed, more in depth gameplay,options, not more stuff. Other than the gameplay objects, I could fine tons of free maxis match cc that could make up most of these stuff packs. Anyway, I know it's your choice to have want stuff packs, and that's okay but I do feel like theres too much focus on stuff with the community and sims team. At this point I think ea knows sp are the quick and easy make money route cause they know all they have to do is slap a 10 dollar price tag on it and everyone dives for it. I feel like that's why we havent seen a whole lot of activity going on in the game. Throw out a stuff pack and they'll shut up for a couple weeks, rinse and repeat is how their seeing this.
    giphy.gif

• bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    elelunicy wrote: »
    First is Maxis is only a name now. EA bought the name and Will Wright rode off in the sunset. The Sims are owned by Wall Street now and it's all about $$$.

Lol what are you talking about. EA bought Maxis in 1997, three years before TS1 was even released. Many of Maxis’ games at the time were commercial failures & Will Wright ran out of money and had to sell the studio to EA to survive. Without EA, The Sims would never have been a thing and Maxis would have closed down more than 20 years ago.

And Will Wright only worked on TS1 & The Sims Online. He did not work on TS2 at all. Will Wright has been a completely irrelevant figure for the franchise for well over 15 years now.

without ea? jesus god if only Wright made the deal with another videogame company the sims would probably be one of the best games out there

Lol. Maxis’ own board of directors rejected Will Wright’s idea to make an interactive doll house game, citing how dollhouses are for girls and girls don’t play video games. After the rejection Will Wright took the proposal to EA and EA surprisingly accepted the idea. That certainly played a factor in Will Wright’s later decision of choosing EA to sell the studio to, knowing that EA was going to let him make The Sims. If it were another company they could have easily rejected it again, just like Maxis’s own board of directors.

And EA themselves was also heavily involved in TS1 development, as Will Wright’s original idea for the game was merely an interactive doll house and the actual game was a lot more than that.

Later on EA’s very own Lucy Bradshaw led TS2 base game’s development and made it into a very successful game. Meanwhile, Will Wright led The Sims Online’s development and it was pretty much a failure.

my man we only know what they tell us, surprise surprise ea is the one lookin good in your story
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member
    Gordy wrote: »
    I've had enough of 🌺🌺🌺🌺 Stuff Packs. We have 17 and we already got 2 this year. They need a rest.

I like them, they are a great value and they fill the time between game packs and expansions. Just don’t buy it if you don’t want it.
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,015 Member
    edited August 2020
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    Gordy wrote: »
    I've had enough of 🌺🌺🌺🌺 Stuff Packs. We have 17 and we already got 2 this year. They need a rest.

I like them, they are a great value and they fill the time between game packs and expansions. Just don’t buy it if you don’t want it.
    Limited time and resources are still spent on them. Plus they can easily screw us over by cutting out important items from bigger packs and giving them to us as hero objects in Stuff Packs. Yet again.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    bellagoth_ wrote: »
    just stop it already with the useless stuff packs

Backyard Stuff was a Stuffpack and it's far from useless. It came with 4 gameplay objects. All Stuffpacks aren't useless.
    just stop it already with the useless stuff packs

Backyard Stuff was a Stuffpack and it's far from useless. It came with 4 gameplay objects. All Stuffpacks aren't useless.

imagine paying 10 dollars for some decor and 4 objects with 2 or 3 interactions in them lmao
    edited August 2020
    wait even better,
    imagine paying 50 dollars for a lacking expansion pack that got half its content put in 3 different packs
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    wait even better,
    imagine paying 50 dollars for a lacking expansion pack that got half its content put in 3 different packs

Now imagine paying $100 so that your gun looks pretty but functions the exact same way. That is the state of cosmetic only DLC in other games (in this case, Valorant). Ridiculous, right? Still, people pay and maybe even enjoyed it. I won't be buying them, though, and I imagine you will not be buying the next stuff pack.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    Calico45 wrote: »
    wait even better,

Now imagine paying $100 so that your gun looks pretty but functions the exact same way. That is the state of cosmetic only DLC in other games (in this case, Valorant). Ridiculous, right? Still, people pay and maybe even enjoyed it. I won't be buying them, though, and I imagine you will not be buying the next stuff pack.

A lot of DLC is just cosmetic, even in the sims, chairs, tables, shelves, etc. Wish we had more interactive objects, even in stuff packs.
    crocobaura wrote: »
    wait even better,

A lot of DLC is just cosmetic, even in the sims, chairs, tables, shelves, etc. Wish we had more interactive objects, even in stuff packs.

The similarity is part of my point.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    How many stuff packs do you guys need? Sims 4 has 17! That's the most stuff packs a sims game has ever had and if you ask me it's gone overboard. That knitting stuff pack just released, at this point the game literally becoming a stuff pack simulator. Theres more stuff than actually game, I dont know what is and I'm not trying to be mean but it just seems like s4 community is obssessed with stuff packs but dont realize shoving all this stuff into the game isnt going to make the core of the game any better. We need bugs fixed, more in depth gameplay,options, not more stuff. Other than the gameplay objects, I could fine tons of free maxis match cc that could make up most of these stuff packs. Anyway, I know it's your choice to have want stuff packs, and that's okay but I do feel like theres too much focus on stuff with the community and sims team. At this point I think ea knows sp are the quick and easy make money route cause they know all they have to do is slap a 10 dollar price tag on it and everyone dives for it. I feel like that's why we havent seen a whole lot of activity going on in the game. Throw out a stuff pack and they'll shut up for a couple weeks, rinse and repeat is how their seeing this.

Well, when you look at Sims 3 they only had stuff in their stuff packs -- at least in Sims 4 you have stuff that does things, like the knitting basket that lets Sims, well, knit. Or the water slide that was in Backyard Stuff or bowling in Bowling Stuff. Stuff packs are a way to add content related to a theme, at a price that doesn't break the bank for many Simmers. Some people might have trouble justifying $40 US for an EP, and even a GP at $20 US might be a bit out of reach. But for $10 US, maybe just cut out a couple of venti lattes in a month or pack your own lunch instead of hitting the fast food joint, you can get new hairs, CAS and objects including ones that can add gameplay.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
    edited August 2020

Well, when you look at Sims 3 they only had stuff in their stuff packs -- at least in Sims 4 you have stuff that does things, like the knitting basket that lets Sims, well, knit. Or the water slide that was in Backyard Stuff or bowling in Bowling Stuff. Stuff packs are a way to add content related to a theme, at a price that doesn't break the bank for many Simmers. Some people might have trouble justifying $40 US for an EP, and even a GP at $20 US might be a bit out of reach. But for $10 US, maybe just cut out a couple of venti lattes in a month or pack your own lunch instead of hitting the fast food joint, you can get new hairs, CAS and objects including ones that can add gameplay.

you think ea care about their poorer players? they are trying to get already wealthy customers so that they can keep putting their prices up while delivering very little because wealthy people will still buy it cuz they can afford it
  • elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    How many stuff packs do you guys need? Sims 4 has 17! That's the most stuff packs a sims game has ever had and if you ask me it's gone overboard.

Lol. Let’s see:

TS2: 9 stuff packs, $20 per stuff pack, last stuff pack released 4 years 2 months after the base game release. That’s $180 worth of stuff packs in total, averaging $43.2 worth of stuff packs per year.

TS3: 8 stuff packs, $20 per stuff pack with the exception of Katy Perry Sweet Treats which was $30, last stuff pack released 4 years 3 months after the base game release. That’s $170 worth of stuff packs in total, averaging $40 worth of stuff packs per year.

TS4: 17 stuff packs, $10 per stuff pack, last stuff pack released 5 years 10 months after the base game release. That’s $170 worth of stuff packs in total, averaging $29.14 worth of stuff packs per year.

Essentially TS4 has the least amount of stuff packs. This doesn’t even account the fact that both TS2 and TS3 had a store selling more DLC, while TS4 never had a store.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    How many stuff packs do you guys need? Sims 4 has 17! That's the most stuff packs a sims game has ever had and if you ask me it's gone overboard.

Lol. Let’s see:

TS2: 9 stuff packs, $20 per stuff pack, last stuff pack released 4 years 2 months after the base game release. That’s $180 worth of stuff packs in total, averaging $43.2 worth of stuff packs per year.

TS3: 8 stuff packs, $20 per stuff pack with the exception of Katy Perry Sweet Treats which was $30, last stuff pack released 4 years 3 months after the base game release. That’s $170 worth of stuff packs in total, averaging $40 worth of stuff packs per year.

TS4: 17 stuff packs, $10 per stuff pack, last stuff pack released 5 years 10 months after the base game release. That’s $170 worth of stuff packs in total, averaging $29.14 worth of stuff packs per year.

Essentially TS4 has the least amount of stuff packs. This doesn’t even account the fact that both TS2 and TS3 had a store selling more DLC, while TS4 never had a store.

That pretty much is what i've been trying to say in my terrible english 😄
  • wickichickwickichick Posts: 11,130 Member
    I seriously doubt there would be another stuff pack coming out this year. I do believe that to some extent the sims 4 team has and will continue to try to bring the overall rating up some. So maybe there will be a few updates that will help fix some of the damage that Eco Living has done to the game..it has received some rather high praise in polls for the theme and what it did bring to the game in terms of play...folks liked the concept of the n.a.ps just not how they play out...needs tweaking. I do enjoy reading what folks have to say their take is on this.

Lol. Let’s see:

My point is the game has 17 stuff packs to choose from. If that's not enough to keep you entertained, then clearly something is wrong with the game since its not keeping the player interested in its gameplay. Stuff is nice to have, but if that's all it can offer then the player will reach for anything to keep game from being dull.
    giphy.gif

• crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member

Lol. Let’s see:

My point is the game has 17 stuff packs to choose from. If that's not enough to keep you entertained, then clearly something is wrong with the game since its not keeping the player interested in its gameplay. Stuff is nice to have, but if that's all it can offer then the player will reach for anything to keep game from being dull.

It's not that the game is dull, but from what I see, many people like to play it quest style. They finish aspirations, top careers, skills, etc., instead of using them as tools for creative sandbox gameplay.
    wait even better,

The similarity is part of my point.

and you think that's not a problem?
    y'all are just asking ea to make even more garbage packs because y'all will pay for it and still enjoy getting scammed

To be quite frank, the more content the better. They are choices. Be it a $10 stuff pack, $20 game pack, or a $40 expansion you have the choice of whether you want it or not. The best part of having options is that if it doesn't speak to you, you do not have to have it much less pay for it. If enough people agree with you and do not support it, it will fade away. If not, people are not wrong for liking what they please and using their money accordingly.

We all want more value for our money, but like the Valorant example you can find worse out there or even rationalize paying crazy amounts. Personally? I feel comfortable spending $10 on a stuff pack I like. If EA wants to put out more, I'll certainly look at them.
  • netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    I doubt another one will be released this year when we have had 2 already. Although I would still welcome one and find I get good value for money from them. Personally I like the stuff pack and although I hated the idea of a knittting pack it’s turned out to be more my style and I know I will get a lot of use out of it compared to other game/expansions packs. I do think it depends on the theme for the packs with what you get out of it and if it suits that persons gameplay style. So far I’ve had more use out of tiny living and nifty knitting then eco lifestyle, vampires and luxury party which are my least used packs for all content (gameplay, cas and bb).
  • cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    i think their gameplan is to limit stuff packs for right now, they got like what 3 more rumored years of active development? we got plenty of time for a few more they dont have to bombard us.

so i doubt it.
  • QueenSaraphineQueenSaraphine Posts: 308 Member

The roadmap has the GP listed as last up to September but SimGuruGeorge is already releasing hints so I think the GP will be releasing in August. November is when the Expansion Pack comes out. The GP will be in August or September.

So what if the GP is happy haunts and released mid September, just like a month before Halloween and then the EP is something related to vacations (like winter holiday and beach resorts) released in November? 😁

SignatureSparkly.gif
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member

The roadmap has the GP listed as last up to September but SimGuruGeorge is already releasing hints so I think the GP will be releasing in August. November is when the Expansion Pack comes out. The GP will be in August or September.

So what if the GP is happy haunts and released mid September, just like a month before Halloween and then the EP is something related to vacations (like winter holiday and beach resorts) released in November? 😁

That'ld be gold!
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I don't get the stuff pack hate. The more the better!!!! Look how much stuff ts3 store had! Just just like then one has the option to buy it or pass if they are not interested. I love stuff!! 🤗🤗🤗🤗
    Not sure if we would get another one this year though....
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(

Lol. Let’s see:

It's not that the game is dull, but from what I see, many people like to play it quest style. They finish aspirations, top careers, skills, etc., instead of using them as tools for creative sandbox gameplay.

I beg to differ, in my personal experience sims 4 is dull and people get bored with packs very quickly, this thread even proves it. The moment we get something new and shiny, people are happy but it just doesn't last very long. it's because these packs don't offer in depth game play, I have come across a lot sim 4 players even in the sims 3 community who have said how bored they get with sims 4, they play around in cas or they like building but other than that a lot of then x right out the game the moment they open it. But that's the problem, what tools? There's not a whole lot of tools in the sims 4 to work with, plus there's really no right or wrong way to play a sandbox game.
    giphy.gif