Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Winter-themed EP - CONFIRMED

Comments

• AlpineCuriosityAlpineCuriosity Posts: 2,521 Member
    The Penguin and Winter Clothing and Accessories in Niffty Knitting are hints I think.

Yay - hopefully! ^^ I mean Nifty Knitting is perfect for winter-pack hints when you think about it.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    The Penguin and Winter Clothing and Accessories in Niffty Knitting are hints I think.

Yay - hopefully! ^^ I mean Nifty Knitting is perfect for winter-pack hints when you think about it.

We got a lot of knitted winter clothing in Tiny Living SP as well and no winter EP yet.
  • SupersonicAvalancheSupersonicAvalanche Posts: 3,307 Member

Something else that could point to a winter-themed EP/GP is that both Surfing (in Island Living) & Snowboarding in Seasons are missing in TS4 – It’s a long shot, but I’m cautiously optimistic that it means snowboarding is upgraded from the TS3-halfpipe and instead properly implemented in an Alpine EP/GP. Again – I could be wrong, but hopefully I’m right… Right? (:
    Z5yqGx5.png
  • cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    i would love a winter vacation gamepack.
    cheescaeks wrote: »
    i would love a winter vacation gamepack.

Me too! It would be the best theme ever for a GP or EP!!

• texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I was wondering... how's a possible winter themed pack going to work for those who doesn't own seasons? Can it hold as a stand alone dlc?
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    telmarina wrote: »
    I was wondering... how's a possible winter themed pack going to work for those who doesn't own seasons? Can it hold as a stand alone dlc?

You'd have snow on the ground but no snow falling if you dont have Seasons.
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member

If it is a destination vacation pack it would work.
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member

You'd have snow on the ground but no snow falling if you dont have Seasons.

I don't think so. I think they will just get snow only in that (destination) world.

I hope they will update the snow in the whole game though so it has depth (both on the ground AND on the roofs/objects). That probably will never happen, but I keep hoping.

I also hope they will add more snow activities back such as making igloos.
  • GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,291 Member
    If we do get this pack I hope that we get snowmobiles!

https://youtu.be/qGHAzSsL_ac
    snowmobile would be cool to have, basically a reskinned water ski we already have from island living
  • GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,291 Member
    cheescaeks wrote: »
    snowmobile would be cool to have, basically a reskinned water ski we already have from island living

Yes, exactly what I was thinking actually :)
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    The other memories were :
    • First bike (no bike for children)
    • Baseball
    • Hoop rolling
    • Joystick/Arcade
    • Sundae

None of them are in the game

9geh88449zec.jpgaue86bi6qphk.jpg

If I were to guess:
    NExt game pack nothing to do with hints. Something new. Maybe a strangerville story line type thing again
    Next EP in November winter holiday theme
    2021 free baby update patched in followed by a generations style game/expansion pack at some point in the year, maybe later in the year, but some point that includes more for kids to do (trikes, bikes etc)
  • AlveAlve Posts: 101 Member
    The other memories were :
    • First bike (no bike for children)
    • Baseball
    • Hoop rolling
    • Joystick/Arcade
    • Sundae

None of them are in the game

9geh88449zec.jpgaue86bi6qphk.jpg

The kid to the right is dressed in, what 20-30's clothes? That's cute, I like to think that sim times would actually progress
    man i want tricycles for toddlers and regular bikes for kids.
    GracieO312 wrote: »

Aw, I’d love to have them in my game as well! (I’m starting to wonder if one winter-themed GP/EP is really going to be enough when so many winter-themed features are missing in the game today.) ^^’

I want figure skating competions, ice hockey games, snowboarding, skiing, sledding, alpine resorts and much, much more.

• friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    why winter why not focus more on summer and spring??? or a caribbean theme? a bit puzzle here
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • NationalPokedexNationalPokedex Posts: 829 Member
    edited August 2020
    why winter why not focus more on summer and spring??? or a caribbean theme? a bit puzzle here

Could be because summer climate has been done in Island Living; desert settings already simulate summer climate (Oasis Springs, Strangerville), and the spring/summer combination is like the neutral version of Willow Creek, Newcrest, and Magnolia Promenade AT LEAST. Hope this makes sense. Basically all of the worlds we have so far already present versions of summer and spring (and fall), but there is nothing giving the idea of a traditional snowy winter.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member

Because we already got island living last year.

Aw, I’d love to have them in my game as well! (I’m starting to wonder if one winter-themed GP/EP is really going to be enough when so many winter-themed features are missing in the game today.) ^^’

I want figure skating competions, ice hockey games, snowboarding, skiing, sledding, alpine resorts and much, much more.

Add Ice Caves and Ice Fishing as well. Both were mentioned in a survey.
    edited August 2020

I would love another beach pack prehaps the Brazil or Greek Island one that was mentioned on the survey but we don't have a Winter Destination World aka The French Alps. But yes hoping for one of those beach vacation packs to release Next Year around June since they could add stuff that was left out of Island Living.

Add Ice Caves and Ice Fishing as well. Both were mentioned in a survey.

😃 It would be the best pack ever!! Just imagine the possibilities - winter resorts(?) so many family-activities, stunning natural surroundigs and endless fun!
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,175 Member
    "When is Winter ?" book came with the Toddler Patch and 18 months later EP05 Seasons was released.

I think the hints are for upcoming packs (released in 2021)
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    If I were taking SimGuruNinja's home life aquarium pictures as hints we would be having an underwater planet with submarines and neon fish etc! But it can't be that because of the mountains on the icon! How cruel can a Guru be? :#

That Freezer bunny/Llama tip thingie was about the Sims Spark'd trophy by the way!
    edited August 2020
    Simburian wrote: »
    If I were taking SimGuruNinja's home life aquarium pictures as hints we would be having an underwater planet with submarines and neon fish etc! But it can't be that because of the mountains on the icon! How cruel can a Guru be? :#

That Freezer bunny/Llama tip thingie was about the Sims Spark'd trophy by the way!

I've mentioned to Ninja I'd love an aquarium like that in the game