Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,403 Member
    Lashin wrote: »
    @Nikkei_Simmer That's an amazing bunker! I mean, if the base game incorporated Military as a non-rabbit hole career, what you've kitted out would be great for that.

It was to survive a nuclear holocaust. I hope to reboot that particular story at some point, but it's going to be a lot more in-depth
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    edited August 2020
    @emorrill What did I tell ya,how cool of a headboard does it make,this plain version is the one mentioned :p

EkCYy9v.jpg
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
    edited August 2020
    BlackSand wrote: »
    Well... let's just say that it's going to be a Castaway Legacy...or if they get found; the Judge Advocate General of the United States Navy is going to have a friggin' field day pasting their ***es to the dartboard and clobbering them over the head with the JAGMan for Courts-Martial as well as the UCMJ.

Pfft ... Any decent JAG Officer could get them as little as an Article 15 (Non-Judicial Punishment) ...
    With 60 Days restricted to base, and one half of one months Pay for two months.

There might be a rear-end chewing to go along with it ... But, meh.
    Don't ask me how I know ... :p

I won't. :mrgreen:

Tosh might get away with it... too.
    moh.jpg
    Animal_MedalofHonorCitation.png

...all things considered.

Crud, I need to do the CC for ALL his uniforms (in rank from LTJG all the way up to FADM, putting it in ONE single CC pack so that I can use it).
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,110 Member
    edited August 2020
    @CravenLestat OMGOSH! :open_mouth:

I MUST have that set!

(Goes to the Store...)
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    @emorrill What you are looking for is the Limited Edition of Island Paradise,I tried to link you I found one for under 20$ was a physical copy too.It is a matter of do you want to buy IP over again to get the free set with it.

Up to you but either way go look for it on Amazon or Ebay
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,079 Member
    I finally tested negative for covid!!

Thank goodness... Happy for you that you got through this. A hell of an illness that you went through.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    I have more pictures of the happy couple. I like the bench scenes :smile:

8viIgAL.jpg

AWsr5eh.jpg

4cvGNDZ.jpg

rcFDVZh.jpg

kmoPAD7.jpg

I like these pictures :smile:

KMzVjSy.jpg

SQUqw9O.jpg

lol his arm goes through her ponytail :D

NA5u6ZR.jpg

Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,079 Member

Thank goodness... Happy for you that you got through this. A hell of an illness that you went through.

Thanks! 2 months I fought it
  • MamaSimTeeMamaSimTee Posts: 963 Member
    @GraceyManor first....YES!! I'm so happy you tested negative. second, I love that pic of the noble and horse. But seriously, I'm so happy to hear you beat the virus. I'm grateful for more positive outcomes from this sickness. In the beginning, it was always bad news, but you are added to the list of people I know and beat it. Thank goodness!

@BlackSand really love that house in Monte Vista. So nice!

I'm tired. Too much adult activities last night. I woke up late. Watched the hockey game (my team lost) and now it's after 4 p.m. and I feel like my day is wasted and I want another nap. LOL

I tried to take some pics from my game play before I went out yesterday. I should go look and see what I have that is decent enough to post.

<insert inspiring comment here> :)
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,110 Member
    edited August 2020
    @CravenLestat I see. Yeah I discovered quick that it was a limited store edition. I'll debate on whether I want to buy a whole new CD or not. :p Thanks pal. :)

@GraceyManor ^Wonderful!
    I'd suggest, still keeping yourself isolated and wear a mask in public, just to be on the safe side. Don't ever want to get it again right? ;)

A hell of an illness that you went through.

^Indeed. It's so scary because it affects people in so many different ways depending on their body, health and whatever else. My Brother-in-law's coworker (he's a Pediatrician) has been suffering from the after affects of COVID for nearing 5 months now. The littlest effort to do anything causes him to become unable to breathe and we're talking about a healthy man here! He's always been healthy and athletic. His wife took him the Mayo Clinic and they ran a plethora of tests on him and it sounds like they're all coming back negative (they ruled out autoimmune disorders). So.....this may be an after affect he struggles with for the rest of his life and it just breaks my heart. :cry: I pray he can overcome it through time and not live with it forever.

@Nikkei_Simmer A very pretty sim lady in your new profile pic. :) Or wait...is that NOT a sims lady??

@king_of_simcity7 You know I always approve of more kissing and in love pics. ;)<3 I'm so so happy for them!

@MamaSimTee
    I'm grateful for more positive outcomes from this sickness.
    ^I am too. <3 It gets wearing hearing all the negative stuff about it on the news. It's like they forget that positive things are happening in the world at the same time too...
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
    That avi is River run through "Artbreeder" the GAN (Generative Adversarial Network) program.
    Here is what Haruo and River's daughters could potentially look like (two different ways that genes could go).
    Christina5.jpeg
    If she takes after Mom...a LOT.

Christina_alternate2.jpeg
    If she takes after Dad...a LOT.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member

The Dexter's Vacation
    A new Travel Agency opened up and Tobby was excited to look in to it. It advertised the new way to travel. Low Cost, no more long flights by plane, boats or trains. It boasted that the Travel Machine would get you there in minutes, so you could spend more time there. Quick and easy to use. the newest in travel. You buy a Ticket go in the Machine and push the button to where yo want to go and whoosh you are there. Going home is just as easy. Guaranteed or your money back.
    YeAzjcb.jpg
    Tobby told Asha and Nakita that he brought tickets to France
    s26Gm3e.jpg
    Everyone was excited to be going to France.
    They couldn't wait, the day came for them to leave, they entered the Travel Agency and showed there Ticket and where told to go into the Travel Machine, they were so excited, talked about what they would do, Barry and Nakita wanted to explore the tunnels and Barry and Ashah wanted to learn how to make wine. and of course everyone wanted to go to a nice place to eat. One by one they entered the Travel Machine and Barry pushed the right button to go to France and off they went. It was an exciting time for them.
    IuGzdBt.jpg
    bBuXpXR.jpg
    bqKz1mt.jpg
    I will be posting more on there travel to France as soon as they get there.
  • BlackSandBlackSand Posts: 2,074 Member
    Thanks @MamaSimTee ... <3

It's not going to be much of a house for raising a family or anything.
    Just a place for my travelling Sim to work and lay her head when in Monte Vista.

@Evalen ... There's a chance they could go to France ... :D

I eat pickles on my hamburgers ... MWWAHAHAHAHA
  • blazerntqblazerntq Posts: 2,409 Member
    Hello! Just woke up. Going to try to finish creating a new sim in CAS. Started the sim before I went to bed. It has been so long since I played that I had to take some time to think about what I am doing.
  • BrandontaylorBrandontaylor Posts: 4,764 Member
    Langerak Update

MlwFDWs.jpg
    Wednesday came around and all three members of the household got up around the same time. Each one had something leftover in the fridge.

mvUbdgC.jpg
    Quinton and Cori got in to a bit of an argument inside so I tried to have them talk outside. Unfortunately, they are now back to the middle line between friends and enemies.

ATt9rcg.jpg
    Then they had classes in the same building together. As you can see, they aren't talking to each other.

3fhPvO3.jpg
    They did eat their supper together, without Ariana. I just realized I didn't take any of Ariana for this post. :frowning:

1hXNBTu.jpg
    While the women were getting ready for bed, Quinton was making spaghetti for breakfast and supper on Thursday. If he has time, he may make breakfast instead but at least I have food if he doesn't have time.

***And that's it for tonight. Didn't end up playing Thursday's classes like I was going to but probably will tomorrow as I'm playing in Ava's save tonight.
    @Brandontaylor Nice gameplay update.

I finished my new sim in CAS. Going to be playing her in Roaring Heights. Currently setting the gameplay options before I start.
    emorrill wrote: »
    A hell of an illness that you went through.

^Indeed. It's so scary because it affects people in so many different ways depending on their body, health and whatever else. My Brother-in-law's coworker (he's a Pediatrician) has been suffering from the after affects of COVID for nearing 5 months now. The littlest effort to do anything causes him to become unable to breathe and we're talking about a healthy man here! He's always been healthy and athletic. His wife took him the Mayo Clinic and they ran a plethora of tests on him and it sounds like they're all coming back negative (they ruled out autoimmune disorders). So.....this may be an after affect he struggles with for the rest of his life and it just breaks my heart. :cry: I pray he can overcome it through time and not live with it forever.

With this virus pandemic, I oft-wonder how many who have suffered are going to end up on permanent disability as a result of the virulent aftereffects. It is scary...and none of the countries have the infrastructure in place if they lose a third of their workforce to disability. It's a scary situation for all.

GYZ6Ak9.png
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,908 Member
    @PalmArrow I love your library with the rooftop garden.

@BlackSand thanyou for the info on the fireplaces. I have a vague idea we got some decor chimney pieces with one of the later sets. I will think about it for a bit before finally doing something about that wayward chimney poking up in the middle of their yard.

I do enjoy making sims some times. At other times I absolutely don't want to do it so if I need a new sim and get the feeling it'd be fun to make one then I do it and that's how Fiona happened to come into being. I was tossing up whether or not to match Owen up with Trish, who already has an interest in Cosmo, or if I should find a completely new sim for him. I had decided on letting him and Trish become a couple and then thought I'd make Fiona and now it seems she'll be for him and Cosmo might get to keep Trish.

I use postimage for my pictures too. Have used them for years and in that time they've subtly changed their urls on my a couple of times. But I just fix my pictures and carry on using them.

@bekkasan I'm glad you popped in as I was hoping you were okay. I hope that hurricane avoids your part of the world, but I suspect there'll be plenty of water around after it passes as they always seem to bring lots of rain and tidal surges too sometimes.

I like the look of your sim in all of the hairs you tried. I think the hair that fits best is often more about the ideas we have about how that sim will fit into the game. I like his pale blue eyes too.

@Thrior I had a little laugh at your poor Torrey. Catching on fire while inventing is a common problem in my games. I usually have a shower, or several all-in-one bathrooms lined up next to my inventing tables. I have more than one usually as it can be stressful if other household members are using the shower/bathroom at the time the inventing sim decides it's time to burn.

@emorrill thank you.

I'm trying to launch my game. It's taking a while but it saved easily enough last night when I was turning it off.

I'm going to have to narrate my next video soon - hopefully I'll get it started today. I keep putting things off.

Happy Simming all.
  • BrandontaylorBrandontaylor Posts: 4,764 Member
    Page 3958, continued

@Karritz Hello! Sorry to hear there were COVID cases near you. Here in Illinois, we've been having an increase in cases so we may be going backwards, according to our governor. He said bars and restaurants here will be shutting down again more than likely but it'd be a county by county thing.
    Looks like Gary's going to be performing in the snow.
    Good to see Don and Olivia are in love.
    Prue's fishing spot is nice.
    Great update!
    Fiona is a pretty Sim.
    So is Donna and Carla.

@GraceyManor Stay safe!
    Great pic of your old save!

@Nikkei_Simmer Sounds like she isn't happy about her surroundings.

@king_of_simcity7 Great pics of Simon and Tammy!

@Silverofdreams30 Well, Cori's hair is basegame hair but I think Ariana's hair is Cazy. I can't remember off the top of my head but I know I got some of theirs.
    Speaking of Ariana, the Sim you used to make Tiffany is the same Sim who I turned into Emily Jones. Emily would be Ariana's great-grandmother. Only thing I did to her was change her hairstyle and a few other things.
    qzgcEbJ.jpg
    Great job on Tiffany!

@blazerntq I've been using Imgur as it's free and doesn't have a limit on how many pictures you can have.

@Emily4331 Great job on Craven's stewardess!

Page 3959

@Turjan Yeah, it doesn't need a ton of work, thankfully.
    I almost forgot about the group science project. Should send Cori over there tomorrow.
    Nice to see Amy and Randall!
    Looks like all the kids loving reading.

@king_of_simcity7 You're welcome.

@BlackSand Lol, yeah it isn't the smartest thing, is it?
    No, Sims aren't very bright.
    Your cottage looks great!

@bekkasan Sounds like you've been very busy! I know a lot is going on right now though.
    Hoping the hurricane doesn't get you or @GraceyManor . I always think tornadoes are bad so I can imagine how a hurricane must be, although I know hurricanes are much worse.
    Yeah, Marshall and long hair don't mix well in my opinion.

@Lashin It's turning out great!

@Nikkei_Simmer Guess they'll have to enjoy the romance while it lasts.

@Thrior Seems Torrey is catching himself on fire more than anyting.
    Guess Grim wanted a photo to post on Instagram.
    Great update!

@emorrill If you can tell, kind of based that description on what my dog would do if it got on the table. Werewolves in the game remind me of dogs so much.
    Yeah, in some ways he was. He had a good sense of humor and a love for the St. Louis Cardinals though, he loved teasing his sister who is a Cubs fan. That's actually how I became a Cardinals fan. Sadly he passed away in 2009, two weeks before I finished high school.
    Just being underwater for an extended period of time would be enough to drive me to drinking, more than likely. I'm too claustrophobic to be in a space like that.
    I guess he knows that Emily won't stand him being mean and everything.
    Thank you! I'm hoping when he and Ariana have kids, they turn out well. Still got to get university and a wedding in before kids though, but we got Melanie's fourth child to look forward to soon.

Page 3960

@CravenLestat That item as a headboard works great! That bedroom looks awesome!

@GraceyManor Woo hoo! Glad to hear you don't have COVID!

@king_of_simcity7 Great to see more of Simon and Tammy!

@Nikkei_Simmer Cool pics of River and what the children would possibly look like with the program!

@Evalen Wow, it'd be nice to get places that quickly.
    Great update!

@blazerntq Thank you! Looking forward to seeing your Sim!
    @Nikkei_Simmer Cool pics of River and what the children would possibly look like with the program!

@Brandontaylor - check out this: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17596600/#Comment_17596600

That's gonna really blow some socks off. :D
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Emily4331Emily4331 Posts: 10,850 Member
    @blazerntq For making your game run better (all of these are in your sims files in My Documents):
    • Delete your cache files after every play session. (CASPartCache, compositorCache, scriptCache, SocialCache, and simCompositorCache).
    • Most of the folder DCBackup's contents can be safely deleted, just make sure you always keep ccmerged.
    • Delete the files within "WorldCaches" after every playthrough.
    • It's generally a good idea to keep your SavedSims and Saves folders small. When you play, you should be using save as and numbering saves, so I usually delete the older saves as I go to declutter the folder. Another thing I do is put anything from Saves or SavedSims that I haven't used in awhile and don't plan on using anytime soon somewhere else on my computer so they don't just sit there taking up room. :smile:
    • Regarding CC, I have 20 GBs and my game runs very well. I don't recommend having 20 GBs :lol: but, it's important to remember that the game will start to become sluggish the more individual CC files you have. Basically, this means it's a good idea to merge your CC files regularly. A good program to use for this is CC Magic and I recommend follow Eikeeful on Youtube's tutorial on it when you're ready to merge. :smile: It's important to remember, though, that items that you'll want to easily be able to change out shouldn't be included in merges. Basically, don't merge CC default replacements or mods.
    • Oh and last advice while we're on the subject of CC - get yourself basically everything from NRAAS as they are extremely useful in helping the game run better. :smile:

@Silverofdreams30 Beautiful! :3

@Turjan I get you and Mikezumi's posts mixed up until I read them because your avatars are so similar to my small brain. :lol: Thank you! I really like that hairstyle on her, too. Amy has quite the sense of fashion. :lol:
    The fact that the kids all decided to read is wonderful....though I am mildly concerned that Bradley picked a nasty book. :astonished:

@king_of_simcity7 Happy belated birthday! :3

@BlackSand Right? He's so nice to let me borrow her! I just have to remember to return her to his basem- uhhh FORGET I SAID ANYTHING. :sweat_smile: I mean, knowing my sims, those pilots don't need to fight! They just need to line up and wait their turn! :naughty::lol:
    That house is so adorable! I'd live there. :3 When can I move in?

@bekkasan Yeah, I'm not sure Marshall can pull off the long hair look. :sweat_smile: But he's cute as heck anyway, so he shouldn't sweat it too much. :3

@Nikkei_Simmer Ooooh I see my boyfriend Thornton in there! Be nice to him! :angry:
    Ooh Artbreeder is awsome! Ima be on there forever now. :lol:

@Thrior Okay, but Aaron is a mega hottie and I'd let him suck my blood. :lol: Also, your avatar is awesome! And the screenshot of Vincent behind the couch is so perfectly timed. :lol:

@emorrill LOL modesty? Never heard of it. :tongue:

@CravenLestat Look at me, working on my background game by stealing your background. :tongue: hehehe
    AHAHAHA I love Airplane and that quote is honestly a perfect example of my type of comedy. :tongue: Ahh I miss the days of simpler humor. A lot of newer comedies are try hards. :disappointed:

@Brandontaylor Thank you!
  • BlackSandBlackSand Posts: 2,074 Member
    Emily4331 wrote: »
    That house is so adorable! I'd live there. :3 When can I move in?

@Emily4331 ...
    Thanks for the kind comments, but you may have to decorate it yourself.
    I'm not done with it yet, but will load it up to the exchange when I am.

Too Much of the Same Thing
    Since my cottage is open air (has no interior walls except the bathroom and basement entrance) ...
    I kept the same 'theme throughout the ground floor.

Some people might get bored with the décor ... But I tried to make it 'cozy'.

50177890113_ad12b3ee51_k.jpg

50177890543_d1a3f142e1_k.jpg

50177890228_5013da563c_k.jpg

It's big enough to walk around in, throw a small dinner party, and maybe some dancing.
    I still have a lot of work to do on it though, we'll see how things turn out.

Happy Simming!

I eat pickles on my hamburgers ... MWWAHAHAHAHA
    @Emily4331 Wow! Thanks for all the advice.
    edited August 2020
    Emily4331 wrote: »
    @Nikkei_Simmer Ooooh I see my boyfriend Thornton in there! Be nice to him! :angry:
    Ooh Artbreeder is awsome! Ima be on there forever now. :lol:

I have no idea... :innocent: whatever would I do with Thornton? :innocent:

River & Haruo cranking the real-meter way up.

dce224680efce1c4078b.jpeg
    RiverMcIrish-Chikamori.jpeg

Just out of high-school...and becoming young adults. :mrgreen:

This...would be cranking the uncanny valley right up if we were talking sims like this for Sims 5.
    GYZ6Ak9.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top