Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Eco-Life is BROKEN

2...Next

Comments

• wickichickwickichick Posts: 11,130 Member
    i wonder sometimes if this is something that the company cannot respond directly too ...what would be the reason for that? oh I really don't know and could only speculate since i have never been tech savvy and i am not a coder or a graphic designer so it is just a feeling based on nothing factual ...so that being said is the reason I tell myself that nothing is being said about this..like in terms of if it will be fixed or not. Maybe some of it just cannot be who knows. i liked the looks of this expansion pack too. you never know what bugs you might get because we are not all playing under the same circumstances..like not everyone has all the packs installed etc. i keep reading posts like this one hoping there will be some news in them but i am beginning to feel like that is not going to be. it is a shame because the concept of the pack is pretty good and it added some depth and experiences in the game play. I didn't purchase this expansion pack but i have watched as many info videos and lets plays on it. I guess i am not ready to give up that more fixes will come as yet but it has been nearly two months without issues being addressed
  • DarkPoet1967DarkPoet1967 Posts: 8 New Member
    I like relationship building in my game. This Eco Lifestyle completely destroys social interactions. The NAP Rock your Body (And Mind) makes my sims, at completely random and inappropriate times, do push-ups or stretches. I even repealed said NAP only to discover these random behaviors persist. Same with Support the Performing arts and the magically appearing random instrument. I have a sim who has a guest over, when i click and get to the "get to know" interaction, my sim starts doing push-ups and the interaction I had selected NEVER happens. This seems to infest everything even after the responsible NAP is repealed. I like making electronics energy efficient and using solar panels to lower costs on energy, etc. But these autonomous behaviors, which I have autonomy OFF as i like to micro manage, totally ruins my game play style. I know this is not considered a bug, but it's unwanted behavior and since I paid good money for this dung pile of an expansion, i expect the consumer will get what they want or I will stop playing Sims 4 and never buy another stuff pack or anything Simish ever again. And Sharing isn't Caring...you work your sims butt off to buy that nice TV only to have a guest "steal" it from you. This is total garbage and needs to be remedied.
  • CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    edited August 2020
    Out of curiosity, were the worst of these bugs fixed in the patch? Are save games currently safe from the Eco-pocalypse?
    babajayne wrote: »
    I don’t like the idea of voting in order to control other people (as long as they’re not causing harm), in real life or in a game. I already have the only N.A.P. I want in the game... it stands for Non-Aggression Principle. It confused me at first when I saw they were using the acronym NAP for this in Eco Lifestyle. Did they not know this is a libertarian core principle? Anyway. I expected all these things to be highly annoying, and they don’t seem to have playtested it so it’s even worse.

Acronyms aren't an exclusive thing. Sometimes, things simply overlap.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    edited August 2020
    Guys, everything you described with N.A.P.s is a feature not a bug, and the pack is not broken. The good news it you can control it and fix it without mods.
    1. In gameplay settings under Eco Lifestyle take the check mark out of the box to allow NPC sim voting on N.A.P.s
    2. Turn testing cheats on
    3. Shift click the mailbox for your active household Or a community board
    4. Select instant repeal of NAPs and repeal any and all unwanted NAPs
    5. Sell all future cubes, & clay balls and replace all stolen items in free build mode
    6. Enjoy your NAP free peaceful life
    If there is a NAP you want your active sim can vote on it and it will take effect on in game Monday morning or you can instantly enact it by shift clicking the mailbox or community board and selecting it. You have complete control here and don’t have to trash saves you’ve been playing forever or feel frustrated by a game that seems out of control. Hope this helps. :)

ETA: heads up, you will after turning NPC voting off still get notifications that a NAP has been enacted. Don’t panic it has not. You can shift click the mailbox and see any active NAPs, and see with NPC voting off, unless you enacted one the notification will be incorrect and no new NAP has actually taken effect.

@ponderosa if you didn’t delete your 6 month save, you can fix it by following the steps above. :)
    Post edited by Pamtastic72 on
    pamtastic72...that is interesting news to me...makes it sound as though there is a solution to part of the issues...i saw a lady post in a different threat which n.a.p.s she choose that she felt created the least issues resulting from n.a.ps ...i do wonder though..have you ever checked any of the playable households to see if they have items in their inventory? items such as clay, musical instruments, future cube, etc? if the sims you don't play are having ballooning inventories that would be an issue ..so i just wondered if anyone knows if that does happen or only to the family you are playing.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    ponderosa wrote: »
    I've effectively lost a 6 month save due to my sims not being able to enter their apartment anymore. They went on a dinner date, came back to Stonestreet Apartment 3, and the front door is completely gone. Not to mention that I ended up having to sell FIFTY THREE balls of clay in the 30 minutes (real time) I switched to a different household. I always buy packs the same day, but this is making me think I should no longer do so. Literally heartbroken that one buggy pack has destroyed my save.

I always make two saves every time, Oversaving each, keeping one as backup. Save frequently, give them a proper title as well. Saves problems like this.
    wickichick wrote: »
    pamtastic72...that is interesting news to me...makes it sound as though there is a solution to part of the issues...i saw a lady post in a different threat which n.a.p.s she choose that she felt created the least issues resulting from n.a.ps ...i do wonder though..have you ever checked any of the playable households to see if they have items in their inventory? items such as clay, musical instruments, future cube, etc? if the sims you don't play are having ballooning inventories that would be an issue ..so i just wondered if anyone knows if that does happen or only to the family you are playing.

I haven’t to be honest, I generally decide when I open a save if I want NAPs to be in them or not, if not I turn off NPC voting right away, and avoid the issue all together. If I remember in retail if an NPC sim purchases at your store and then you play them the item is not in their inventories, so I imagine that the NAPs work the same that the game wouldn’t render the item into NPC inventories but only in that of played sims. So, if you hadn’t shut NAP voting down at the beginning of a save you should probably rotate through played households and clean things out. The good news is you will only have to do it once.
    Pamtastic72 ..thanks so much for your answer....i really do appreciate it...that information helps me a lot!
  • Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    Guys, everything you described with N.A.P.s is a feature not a bug, and the pack is not broken. The good news it you can control it and fix it without mods.
    1. In gameplay settings under Eco Lifestyle take the check mark out of the box to allow NPC sim voting on N.A.P.s
    5. Sell all future cubes, & clay balls and replace all stolen items in free build mode
    If there is a NAP you want your active sim can vote on it and it will take effect on in game Monday morning or you can instantly enact it by shift clicking the mailbox or community board and selecting it. You have complete control here and don’t have to trash saves you’ve been playing forever or feel frustrated by a game that seems out of control. Hope this helps. :)

ETA: heads up, you will after turning NPC voting off still get notifications that a NAP has been enacted. Don’t panic it has not. You can shift click the mailbox and see any active NAPs, and see with NPC voting off, unless you enacted one the notification will be incorrect and no new NAP has actually taken effect.

@ponderosa if you didn’t delete your 6 month save, you can fix it by following the steps above. :)

The problem is that these steps are not always working for some people/saves. In my new/newer saves these steps work just fine, in my 3+ year old save they are not. I luckily back up often, but I’m seeing lots of reports saying the actions seem permanently stuck. I used a test save first, so I knew to follow these steps before even opening my older save. Despite doing exactly as stated I still have issues with the clay, workouts, and cakes. I have now resorted to modding this behavior out, but I shouldn’t really need to do that. I would have no problem with the NAPs if the toggle worked correctly, and actions never became stuck after turning the features off.
    edited August 2020
    Kita5399 wrote: »

The problem is that these steps are not always working for some people/saves. In my new/newer saves these steps work just fine, in my 3+ year old save they are not. I luckily back up often, but I’m seeing lots of reports saying the actions seem permanently stuck. I used a test save first, so I knew to follow these steps before even opening my older save. Despite doing exactly as stated I still have issues with the clay, workouts, and cakes. I have now resorted to modding this behavior out, but I shouldn’t really need to do that. I would have no problem with the NAPs if the toggle worked correctly, and actions never became stuck after turning the features off.

Are people in older saves also repealing NAPs that have been enacted in addition to shutting off voting? Because it’s a crucial step. Once you shut off NPC voting in an older save you have to repeal any NAP that has taken effect too, and it may take an in game day or two to totally see the results and as I said before you may have to rotate through played households if you have more than one and delete problematic items. I just hate for people to think their saves are ruined or the game is broken if it’s not.

Are people in older saves also repealing NAPs that have been enacted in addition to shutting off voting? Because it’s a crucial step. Once you shut off NPC voting in an older save you have to repeal any NAP that has taken effect too, and it may take an in game day or two to totally see the results and as I said before you may have to rotate through played households if you have more than one and delete problematic items. I just hate for people to think their saves are ruined or the game is broken if it’s not.
    I can’t speak for anyone else, but yes I did do that in mine. I play on rotation and opened all my played households first to repeal (and delete inventories). When that didn’t stop the behavior, I took the time to load a house in every single neighborhood and repeal all of them. I could maybe see the clay/cube/instruments still being an issue if they are stuck in townie inventories, but that doesn’t explain the cakes/workouts.

I can’t speak for anyone else, but yes I did do that in mine. I play on rotation and opened all my played households first to repeal (and delete inventories). When that didn’t stop the behavior, I took the time to load a house in every single neighborhood and repeal all of them. I could maybe see the clay/cube/instruments still being an issue if they are stuck in townie inventories, but that doesn’t explain the cakes/workouts.

Hmmmm, I had this work in my saves, but I won’t deny that there were a fair amount of bugs imported with this pack and it’s patch. I just really wanted to help people save their game files.
  • babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    Cynna wrote: »
    I was remarking about it because of the irony. People use force to control people through voting, which is against the Non-Agression Principle.
    babajayne wrote: »
    Cynna wrote: »
    I was remarking about it because of the irony. People use force to control people through voting, which is against the Non-Agression Principle.

Oh, I see.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg

This post is a great heads up. Thanks.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    edited August 2020

Try simvasion's mod Eco Lifestyle Interactions Fixes

Some NAPs can still get stuck on sims (even played sims) when you travel and they will not get removed when you remove the NAPs. The mod fixed it for me, I had played sims who constantly used the future cube and played the guitar even if all my NAPs were gone.

Hmmmm, I had this work in my saves, but I won’t deny that there were a fair amount of bugs imported with this pack and it’s patch. I just really wanted to help people save their game files.
    I didn’t mean to imply that you weren’t being helpful if it came across that way. Those steps absolutely helped in my other saves, so it’s definitely worth doing! :)

@logion yes thanks, that is the mod I’m using now and it works great!
  • EvangelineEvangeline Posts: 59 Member
    i agree -- specifically talking about the NAPs, they were apparently designed to work that way, but i find it really hard to understand why. i wouldn't have minded so much but if you have the sharing is caring NAP, for example, i've had some sims corrupt various community + residential lots because they steal essential items and then the lot can't function anymore. the extent to which sims perform the NAP behaviours (in my opinion) was excessive and game breaking. example: one of my sims was very hungry, about to starve, and yet would put down her food or abandon cooking in favour of doing pushups and stretches because of the fitness one. not to mention the arts and crafts one which meant that each of my sims got 32 clay balls spawned in their inventory through the course of a few sim hours. that can't be intentional?? NAPs from different neighbourhoods also now stack if your sim has been to other places which to their credit, they have acknowledged as a bug. it would be as simple as a tuning fix, which is what Simvasion did in their mod, which makes me wonder why they wouldn't implement that to begin with? that's why i wonder about the extent of play testing because these aren't just small things that you could easily overlook. especially when the NAPs feature was one of the main selling points of the pack
  • DrWrightDrWright Posts: 29 Member
    Ecolife is my least liked least used pack. I thought I would like NAPs to make my communities more interesting(like club rules in Get Together) but the NAP options are limited to about 12 choices and some of them are terrible!
  • Selene248Selene248 Posts: 1 New Member
    My Sims keeps taking the food out to bake but they never finish making the cake, just left the ingredients out to spoil and apparently they keep using the future cube and the cubes just auto generated each time I sold it, sometimes the cube isn't even in my Sims 's inventory but they still use the cube and resulted in crying... Then when I tried to let my vampire sim mix drinks and the game become glitchy and the vampire sim ended up T pose and later on they will just start geting into the cake and cube cycle again. Please fix the bug 😔
  • moonkitten3000moonkitten3000 Posts: 6 New Member
    I wish I had Not purchased Eco-Life! "sharing is caring" has Ruined the game for me! Even with it turned off, Sims are cleaning out my houses, it's Maddening! It makes it so Frustrating to play! I HATE Eco-Life!!!!!
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Wow sad to see some options that EA/Maxis made fail to operate as planned or it does it too well and still does not work as intended.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    I wish I had Not purchased Eco-Life! "sharing is caring" has Ruined the game for me! Even with it turned off, Sims are cleaning out my houses, it's Maddening! It makes it so Frustrating to play! I HATE Eco-Life!!!!!

Lock the doors.
    this is exactly the same complaint that was about vampire attacks.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member

Lock the doors.
    this is exactly the same complaint that was about vampire attacks.

They also steal from public lots as well, so I think it's a little different....