Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Does The Sims 4 require a trait overhaul?

13...Next

Comments

• izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    edited August 2020
    Yes, I believe it’s finally time for a trait overhaul.
    I do still think that moodlet and mood system in the previous game works better to portray sims emotion, your sims just recently witnessing his/her partner cheating and would autonomously insult or ignore the offending sims but act normal around other sims. if the same thing happened in the sims 4, because of the angry emotion you would insult anyone regardless.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    A Massive Yes.
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    Yes but also I would love it if they would just improve the traits for the Sims 5. I wouldn't mind better ones in the current game though
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    Evil_One wrote: »
    I originally posted this one elsewhere, but it works here.

This is what's wrong with The Sims 4:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WglifOsZgEQ&feature=emb_logo

oh my god :lol:
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member
    .Yes.
  • lyralyra Posts: 420 Member
    Yes - the majority of the traits affect emotions, and emotions don't meaningfully impact gameplay or impart severe consequences on the player, rendering most traits useless. What they really need to do is create: a) a want/fear system, b) a mood/inspiration system with consequences of failing to fulfill the sim's wishes/needs and then finally c) traits that impact sim actions, wants, fears and desires. They also need to focus on relationship consequences for cheating/fighting etc. I think the Sims 2 did all this really well and if they mainly copy/pasted that system here it would be a huge improvement.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Eco Lifestyle is helping balance out the emotions more evenly I have noticed. Between Seasons and Eco Lifestyle with the more negative environment effects and Jungle Adventures nice to have positive environment effects not be just happy go lucky.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • DrWrightDrWright Posts: 29 Member
    I wish it were accurate enough to model personalities from real life but I think that's beyond the scope of any level of expansion and delves into Sims 5 territory. I think the AI is at the limits of what most CPUs can handle due to engine limitations so adding more stuff for it to think about would require a overhaul that the development team may not be able to do.
  • Sim_ArchitectsSim_Architects Posts: 302 Member
    Even if traits worked wonderfully, i think the traits we do have are so surface level and sort of lame. Theres a lot of more intriguing traits missing.