Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

relationship cheat?

AJC20178AJC20178 Posts: 264 Member
hi I'm tring to use the relationship cheat,
Testing cheats true
Modifyrelationship jess land john smith LTR_friendship_main

But nothing happens. Where am I going wrong. Thanks
Post edited by EA_Solaire on

Comments

• akaniki0akaniki0 Posts: 470 Member
    edited August 2020
    modifyrelationship John Smith Jane Smith 100 LTR_Friendship_main ( capital F in friendship )
    ( number can be any from 1 to 100 )
  • AJC20178AJC20178 Posts: 264 Member
    akaniki0 wrote: »
    modifyrelationship John Smith Jane Smith 100 LTR_Friendship_main ( capital F in friendship )
    ( number can be any from 1 to 100 )

I also tried with the capital F 😞
  • AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    I use MCCC. It's so much simpler then trying to type all that stuff.
  • PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    I agree the MCCC mod is much easier. The only way I have been able to ever get it to work was using the cheat on both sims. The selected sims name is to be first if I remember correctly. I just use MCCC now.

modifyrelationship Jess Land John Smith 100 LTR_Friendship_main

modifyrelationship John Smith Jess Land 100 LTR_Friendship_main

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • AJC20178AJC20178 Posts: 264 Member
    thanks I've got the mccc but I have no idea how to use it. Any tips please? Can you increase skills with it? Thanks so much guys
    Yes, you can increase skills, you can do loads with it. I'm not in-game right now and just getting back into playing so forgive me if I'm mistaken on the path in MCCC but for skill cheats you click on your sim, select the MCCC menu. When the box pops up you choose Sim to cheat or cheat sim info. You will see "Skills" you can click through for the skills you want or select all at once. You can max or choose what level you want. I believe the relationship panel is in the same section. If I'm and no one corrects me once I'm done setting up and getting everything all installed on my new laptop, I'll get the right path.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • lthshilthshi Posts: 5 New Member
    for MCC you can use it to change relationships and the rate a sim increases skill. to change the relationship between sims you go to MCC >> go to active relationship (make sure your sim is actually talking to the sim you want to change the relationship with) >> then you'll be asked to alter the friendship or romantic relationship and depending on what you choose you'll get different options.

and then for skill you do MCC >> flag active sim >> MC Skills and this will change how fast your sim gains skill.
  • SimsLady2000SimsLady2000 Posts: 1,236 Member
    AJC20178 wrote: »
    hi I'm tring to use the relationship cheat,
    Testing cheats true
    Modifyrelationship jess land john smith LTR_friendship_main

But nothing happens. Where am I going wrong. Thanks

You need to put the number 100 before the LTR so it should be modifyrelationship jess land john smith100 LTR_Friendship_Main.

With MCC, just click on the sim whose relationship you want to modify, go to the bottom of the menu and click "relationships" and you will pull up a menu with a boatload of options.
    The Sims is NOT a game, it's a lifestyle choice.

My Plumbob is GREEN today :D
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,321 Member

You don't need capital letters. In fact all or some of the letters can be uppercase or lowercase. It doesn't matter. ;)

It should be this:

testingcheats on or testingcheats true

then

modifyrelationship jess land john smith 100 ltr_friendship _main

Note that it doesn't have to be 100, that maxes it out. You could put like 30 or something instead.

The problem with l is it could be I or 1. That's why using caps makes it more clear L. (LTR not itr or 1tr)
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

I'm so sorry I forgot I was going to get the correct paths for you. I just got a new computer after two years of not being able to play and my excitement caused me to forget what I said I was going to do.

For skills
    click sim, MC Comand Center, MC Cheats, Cheat Sim Info, Skills. From there you can choose what you want to do. Max all or select which skill you want to alter.

For relationships, you can either do this by clicking on the sim or from the relationship panel. Once you chose MC Command Center you click on Relationships then "Set Active Relationship Levels" from you can choose friendly or romantic and then select the type you want.

There is also another mod that will allow you to alter relationship levels just by right-clicking in the relationship panel. It will not add or remove relationships as MCCC can, but it is still handy to have. That is the UI extensions mod.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top