Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

First time i've genuinely disagreed with LGR on a review

I get if the complaint is simply that this should have been in larger pack but for an actual stuff pack this has a lot more stuff then normal. His complaint seems to be that it's the dingiest stuff pack yet. I feel like he just doesn't care for the idea of a knitting stuff pack which is completely fine but to say it was one of the worst content wise left me a little puzzled.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80iSIC13nVQ
heartstopper-couple.gif

Comments

• JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    He's not really too far off. I think he's just tired of limited content in packs for the price they are asking. I just bought the pack today and was too taken aback when I saw what was available in buy mode.

I get there are more items when using the knitting skill but still it's understandable how he feels. I got the pack solely for my elder sims so that they have something to do and for the rocking chairs.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    He did say a majority is locked in CAS until you learn to make it and that the other items are locked unless you purchase them off the sale site or learn to make them. That much is true. LGR has never liked stuff packs, even in previous iterations. The chair joke was still included, even mentioning a truthful fact that the 4 rocking chairs look almost identical. Like many of us, he is looking for deep significant gameplay, which has not been provided by Sims 4. His reviews always make me laugh, even this one and I wanted a stuff pack geared to my elderly sims.
  • BatmanFanGirlBatmanFanGirl Posts: 1,298 Member
    edited August 2020
    I mean I know he has never liked stuff packs but his specific claim of having the least amount to do/have content wise compared to previous stuff packs is what puzzles me. If he had simply said this stuff pack sucks like the all do, I don't like knitting and it should have been included in other packs, I would agree with some of that and feel like those are fine reasons for complaints. To me it was the specific complaint about amount of content and stuff to do. Which at least as far as I can see it actually has more. It's up there with Kids Room Stuff for me. I think the worst stuff pack is actually Luxury Party.
    heartstopper-couple.gif
  • Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    edited August 2020
    I agree with you. I mean as far as stuff pack goes and content wise this has more than most of them with fairly decent gameplay for what it is. I get not liking stuff packs in general for sure but this one isn’t the worst content wise by far that’s to me either luxury party or patio stuff.

I do usually at least semi agree with lgr but I’m with you here just a bit puzzled. He’s funny as usual though.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I find the pack very limited. The CAS hair items are re-used for children instead of adding new ones. The clothing options for children and toddlers are minimal as usual. The items are not that many and the game play is just knitting and a rocking chair and not even the rocking chair is that good. I would of loved to be able have adult sims rock with toddlers and babies. Personally I'm also not impressed with the pack. I do like that we finally got something for babies though that's a huge positive for the pack.
    I mean it's doing different things with the rocking chair, knitting, knitting aspiration, plopsy (Sp?) and two radio stations added with animations for the radio stations. I get not liking the items included or the idea of the stuff pack but to me this at least content wise has more then most previous.
    heartstopper-couple.gif
  • GooseyGoosey Posts: 317 Member
    edited May 2022

Post edited by Goosey on

Gentlemen, from this day forward... you will all refer to me by the name... Betty... myahhahah!
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    You can also unlock CAS and build/buy through cheats if you don't want to knit it yourself or wait to buy it on plopsy if it shows up when you are looking. All of that just doesn't show up for the viewing normally. Personally content wise I'm happy. Mostly because I want more hobbies to round out my sims. I do think it's a niche pack ... but I make a variety of sims types and some will, do and have been knitting.
    I'd rather have had happy haunts, just like I wanted danger ideas over laundry but I'm patient.
    As for disagreeing with him... I usually do. He doesn't like the game and hasn't and it's going to be reflected in his outlook. It does get him views though so pretty smart of him.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    I mean, I agree with both sides here. On one hand, it absolutely has more gameplay on the technical side. There is the full 10 tier knitting skill that creates unlockable clothes and items. Plus a new way to sell with plopsy, a new thing to teach kids, a bunch of crosspack stuff, and rocking chairs which have one unique interaction for elders. In comparison to previously mentioned Luxury Party Stuff, it seems like a whole lot more than a buffet table and fountain. At the technical level, though.

Nifty Knitting is so narrow in its focus that it is fairly difficult to use without deliberate intentions. To make use of that $10 you have to play knitting Sims. In comparison to Luxury Party, I need only set party/formal outfits and place a fountain or buffet table. I find myself using bits and pieces of LP, Backyard, Movie Hangout, and Romantic Garden Stuff all the time without intentionally doing so. Partially due to the lack of gameplay entry and the more broad focus. Have a yard? Guess what, Backyard, MH, and RG can fill it and doll up your Sims, too. Need a formal or party outfit and want to have an event? LP has you covered.

Broader themes allow for broader usage, and in that sense stuff packs that are broader have more gameplay-- Though perhaps mileage is a better term. You can use it all, of course, but be honest: if you do not have a single knitter in your family, how much can you use the pack?
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    edited August 2020
    I think he was a bit more critical than usual because it was the 17th stuff pack with a focus on only knitting.

If you wanted something like an arts & crafts pack, then this pack does not offer that. And if you are tired of the sims4 stuff pack formula with limited animations and gameplay then this probably just feels like one of the many other stuff packs for the sims4.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I mean I know he has never liked stuff packs but his specific claim of having the least amount to do/have content wise compared to previous stuff packs is what puzzles me. If he had simply said this stuff pack sucks like the all do, I don't like knitting and it should have been included in other packs, I would agree with some of that and feel like those are fine reasons for complaints. To me it was the specific complaint about amount of content and stuff to do. Which at least as far as I can see it actually has more. It's up there with Kids Room Stuff for me. I think the worst stuff pack is actually Luxury Party.

Haven’t watched the LGR video (I plan to), but I just wanted to pop in and agree that Luxury Party Stuff is hands down THEE worst Stuff Pack of this iteration.

Carry on 😇
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,384 Member
    I don't always agree with LGR, but in this case he is quite right. The gameplay of the pack can be seen within two minutes, and the style of the furniture is very close to Tiny L and Eco L. Stuff Packs like Kids Room, Bowling or even MFP added more to the game. But responsible are we who voted for this.
    I don't always agree with LGR, but in this case he is quite right. The gameplay of the pack can be seen within two minutes, and the style of the furniture is very close to Tiny L and Eco L. Stuff Packs like Kids Room, Bowling or even MFP added more to the game. But responsible are we who voted for this.

Can you give me an example on how they have more? I would at least say they were comparable.
    heartstopper-couple.gif
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I agree with you op we got lot more then we normally get with this pack I think the aspiration is the best part its a long one
    and as for deep and meaningful game play I think it added some elders have two interactions other ages don't have in rocking chairs
    and the fact that kids can knit is really nice I think they will add more to rocking chairs later they said they wanted to
    so I think we will get other kinds of rockers
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,384 Member

Can you give me an example on how they have more? I would at least say they were comparable.

Compare for example the amount and complexity of the animations for the bowling skill or the hamster with knitting. Or the waterslide and the birdfeeder in Backyard.
  • AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    I usually do disagree with most of his reviews but he is still funny to watch and has a right to his own opinion. He is a tech guy. He's not interested in knitting. So what! It's very entertaining to watch him in any of his videos. He does a more then Sims reviews. I like his content!
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    AnnLee87 wrote: »
    I usually do disagree with most of his reviews but he is still funny to watch and has a right to his own opinion. He is a tech guy. He's not interested in knitting. So what! It's very entertaining to watch him in any of his videos. He does a more then Sims reviews. I like his content!

me to
    more for sim kids and more drama please

Compare for example the amount and complexity of the animations for the bowling skill or the hamster with knitting. Or the waterslide and the birdfeeder in Backyard.

I mean maybe the bowling is more complex of animation but I would say the hamster and the knitting would be similar. Except at least with the knitting it unlocks tons of items and you can take it anywhere.
    heartstopper-couple.gif
    AnnLee87 wrote: »

I usually agree with most of what he has to say. And he's hilarious. This wasn't a criticism against LGR. This was me being surprised for his reasoning on this review.
    heartstopper-couple.gif
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member

The waterslide is fun. Sims can play with it, with or without soap :) the birdfeeder has 2 interactions. Feed bird and watch bird. How is this comparable to a new aspiration, a new skill, a rocking chair with specific animations from toddler to elder, a new store for craftables...
    The bowling skill, on the other side, has a new 5 level's skill, but it has a new venue and the bowling lanes... so i'ld say it's even.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »

Haven’t watched the LGR video (I plan to), but I just wanted to pop in and agree that Luxury Party Stuff is hands down THEE worst Stuff Pack of this iteration.

Carry on 😇
    LOL true, then Moschino Pack was like Luxury Party Stuff pack part 2. Sims 4 Cool Kitchen Stuff and Spooky Pack I think are right up there too. This pack I will probably end up using as much as Laundry Day I admit because I am both a builder and sandbox gameplay player. Then again I'm biased being a crafter with being able to knit and crochet and being able to teach my brother and nephew those skills too.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
    [/quote]LOL true, then Moschino Pack was like Luxury Party Stuff pack part 2. Sims 4 Cool Kitchen Stuff and Spooky Pack I think are right up there too. This pack I will probably end up using as much as Laundry Day I admit because I am both a builder and sandbox gameplay player. Then again I'm biased being a crafter with being able to knit and crochet and being able to teach my brother and nephew those skills too.[/quote]

I don't really like the Moschino clothes but it did do a lot for photography. I feel like Cool Kitchen stuff came with the popcorn machine and ice cream which can be used for movie theaters and an Ice cream shop. Spooky Pack. eh, other then spooky party it kind of sucks. It made most sense to put all that stuff in seasons.

Luxury is the worst. LOL I mean a party fountain it's okay but i feel like they could have done a wedding pack and put it in there.
    heartstopper-couple.gif
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    edited August 2020
    I see all news and video review about the pack and I'm not dissapointed not because I like the theme but because:
    1. I didnt vote for it
    2. I have no plan to buy

Surely majority of players would love this pack considering it's the most voted, I'd be wondering why if it says otherwise.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • ElectraRaiElectraRai Posts: 99 Member
    edited August 2020
    Hmm... i get some people might see this pack as bad one, items to be similar to what we have but in the end of the day this is what we voted for so...
    (I accualy like this pack :P)
  • babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    Any of the voting options would have resulted in a narrow stuff pack. That’s not our fault. It’s all they were willing to offer to begin with.

Yeah I wanted it because I knit and I love hobbies in the game. But if they had an option for attraction, more traits, cars, hotels and better vacations, knitting would have been on the bottom of my list. The problem is not what the voting outcome was, the problem is that most of us rightfully feel there are more important things we are still missing. And that’s not the fault of stuff packs. It’s the fault of the base game and wimpy expansions that missed opportunities to include much more.