Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What is your game style?

Comments

• NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    edited July 2020
    Other... please explain. :)
    I would say my game isnt serious but it's not completely wacky either, some of my households are wacky like for example I have a household of a vampire, a robot and a crazy scientist living in strangerville with a cowplant called bruce,a gangsta granny household, dont mind if my sims die, i love it to be unpredictable and I dont mind it not going my way, that makes it better, I love supernaturals and I love playing normal family gameplay aswell and pets
  • duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    My game is wacky. Bring on the flying pigs and tap dancing kangaroos. I need them in my game.
    I love the little odd quirks and the mismatched townie clothing. It makes me smile when I see some crazy sim in pink tights, green shoes, red shirt and a ...luchador mask. The eyeball ring only bugs me because all the rings bug me. They argue with my cc eyelashes from kijiko and make a strange spiderweb clump in the eyelashes area of the face. If I could, I'd mod out rings entirely. I never notice them on my sims anyway even though they are plenty detailed and such.

That said, while I'm married in real life, I do not wear rings and neither does my husband so that may be why. They just don't seem that important to me to include.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    edited July 2020
    My game is very serious and I get upset and I like to complain if everything isn't going the way I want.
    I like realism in my gameplay... since it's a life simulator after all. I mean, I still include the occasional supernatural storylines and stuff, but I generally like to keep the game as realistic as possible. But yeah, if something doesn't go my way, I often get very upset! lol I'm picky!
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    My game is wacky. Bring on the flying pigs and tap dancing kangaroos. I need them in my game.
    @Scobre wrote: »
    I wish to find a way to share my stories with others who wouldn't mind other types of gameplay than the traditional family style.

Maybe via the sites where you find these mods? Or create a tumblr blog?

I haven't found a forum from the sites I use my mods to tell stories yet (I WISH!!) I was thinking about tumblr, as I used to read stories there alllll the time several years ago, but I wasn't sure if it was still a relevant place to share things. I'm still a little new at sharing my stories so I'm still looking for places to go that won't chew me up and spit me out for not doing normal stories. :#
    Modthesims won't. It is one of the oldest Sims site and very story and mod related. It is full of fun and wacky stories. There are a lot of Simmers on there that have been with the series since the first game, so they are used to the wackier side of the Sims. You will enjoy it.

I think some content in their stories may be a little too ‘explicit’. I don’t believe Mod the Sims will do....
    Oh they have two versions of their site. But yeah too explicit to share here. Modding communities have a lot of content and storytelling for everyone. I play a bit more teen rated myself rather than family friendly. Thank you for clarifying that.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    I love playing a combination variety.
    I make sure the neighborhood is green.
    My couples are straight.
    I make some of my sims a mixed hybrid of Vampire/Spellcaster/Mermaid/Alien.
    I have a teen male sim orphan & a female child orphan as roommates.
    I've played with the CAS stage & have a teen girl married to a young adult male.
    I've played the Black Widow Achievement where her grooms drown or burn from the sun. (he,he)
  • mingusssssmingusssss Posts: 131 Member
    My game is very serious and I'm a drill sergeant. My Sims won't do anything I don't want them to. I control everything.
    I usually have a story line that I stick to and most of my sims have set goals that I like to have them achieve (careers, skills, aspirations, monetary goals, etc.), so I don't like chaos in that sense. I don't necessarily make it realistic - I don't have anything against having a mermaid with a vampire dad and an alien mom lol. Also I am actively trying to incorporate more social activities to my sims lives because I realize sometimes I focus too much on their goals and I neglect their friends and so on. I try to accept more going out requests now, try to involve them in groups, do vacations and events have them go out with their pets.

I also LOVE the silly aspects of the game, like the cowplant, having the grim reaper as a friend, having santa text you, the crazy looking townies, the silly gameplay of the get to work expansion pack careers. However I tend to not enjoy the sort of challenges where you just create sheer chaos with no story line, like: "what happens when you put X sims in a single house and remove the doors"

I don't mind having toddlers but the parents sometimes make it very annoying, like the lack of coordination with feeding chair, so my way of parenting the toddlers is not realistic at all, I just get a table in their room and put the food there for them.
  • InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    Im having an off day if there arent any shenanigans going on. Debauchery is the law of the land in my saves!
  • InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    Other.

I play a different style of sims. Currently my sim is a struggling artist who has a very baaaaaad addiction to several things (thank you mods for this story to be able to happen) and has a very "vibrant" lifestyle. They make ends meet by any way possible even doing unsavory things and living a explicit life. I like my stories to be full of drama and sometimes dealing with very serious IRL things that I don't think I can mention here.

My sims always look very different (as I do IRL) from the everyday perfect family and I find its hard to share my stories when they aren't "picture perfect" and have everything going for them. Not very many people like that kind of story (as I've noticed) or rather prefer not to see stories with serious IRL situations/topics so they don't bother to stop and read my stories.

I wish to find a way to share my stories with others who wouldn't mind other types of gameplay than the traditional family style.

There is one site that I can think of (you and I probably both know what it is and I cant say it here) that might be a possible candidate, though I don't see alot of stuff there that's very story driven. I would suggest Tumblr if they hadnt changed their rules a couple years ago. :/

Wish there were more spaces to post similar stories such as yours. I got a bunch that I'd share.
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    My game is fun. I enjoy it and I don't take it too seriously.
    well, I do delete the townies/pre-mades and buildings, cause I like to build my own world and it's people, I have pretty lose stories and backstories for most of my sims and I take their personalities into account when choosing a career or what kind of music they listen to and so on...but I wouldn't call it serious, I just got different households/sims to play out different aspects of the game, like a sim for every mood/situation, plus I like variety.
    I love the occults and some of the quirky stuff too...I mind the aweful outfits only when they are forced on my played sims, NPCs I do not care about at all.

if it wasn't fun for me, I wouldn't play the game.
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• Missmagoo2Missmagoo2 Posts: 1,254 Member
    I like playing the sims as an "escape" from my reality. My reality isn't BAD, but I'd like to have more control on what goes on. And in my "perfect" world, everyone is blessed with good looks lol
    Someone doesn't like you? It's because you're ugly on the INSIDE :D
    Like SJM? Like Kpop? Like Greek Mythology?
    ☆゚.*・。゚ Follow me on the gallery ☆゚.*・。゚ Origin ID: Missmagoo2
    O(≧▽≦)O

(I work with CC so make sure you check that box to see my "hidden" content!)

L'uinversSims profile: https://luniversims.fr/profile/46983-missmagoo2/
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,907 Member
    I play for fun but must admit I delete most of the pre-made Sims as I have too many of my families to play with. I don't worry about townies at all.

What I do take seriously though, are my elderly female Sims. They all get a good bra and a bust hoist as there is no reason to sag these days. I won't have it! The elderly males too get a makeover. :)<3
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Simburian wrote: »
    I play for fun but must admit I delete most of the pre-made Sims as I have too many of my families to play with. I don't worry about townies at all.

What I do take seriously though, are my elderly female Sims. They all get a good bra and a bust hoist as there is no reason to sag these days. I won't have it! The elderly males too get a makeover. :)<3
    Oh good, I am glad I'm not the only person that gives elderly woman good bras. It is so true, technology has come a lot ways even with underwear.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    My game is silly and sweet and micromanaged most of the time. For me control and seriousness are not so closely connected. I make my sims do fun things as often as I make them work, and I love the weird and wacky things I have the opportunity to do. I just have to have control over the general direction of their lives.
  • NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    I love my Sims' smiles and plethora of whacky expressions. Nothing is too serious in my game, and I have no need for being in control all the time. My Sims are often jobless and given a surreal amount of money to simply enjoy life. This also means I don't have to constantly micro-manage, as there is no schedule to fit everything into. I like my Sims happy, free and spoiled rotten. They are my little sweetlings, but if I tire of them, I go and play a different game. I play with aging off and the same Sims. I don't change my kids :o

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• Serious_sims_gamer43Serious_sims_gamer43 Posts: 523 Member
    it depends on what i'm doing. if its a challenge I am super serious, but when i'm making sims for fun I just go crazy. Sometimes I play with someone else like on a face-time call and they say: you've gone all quiet are you okay? because i'm focusing a lot, haha. is anyone else the same?
  • phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    I am disappointed when there aren't enough surprises. When something goes terribly, comically wrong, I focus on the comical bit!
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • PatricePatrice Posts: 361 Member
    I play for fun, it's an outlet and takes me in the sims world,
    Did that make sense?
  • CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    I don't actually use TS4 as a game. To play a game, I go back to TS3. Less frequently, I'll play TS2.

I'm writing two stories based on families that I created in the game. I use TS4 as a stage with different backdrops in order to take screenshots to accompany my text.

In that respect, yes, I control everything that my Sims do in TS4. The reason being, if Sims are allowed to act autonomously, the things that they do don't adequately fit the personalities or the traits of the Sims in my story. In addition, most of the animations in the game are incapable of conveying what I would like them to. They're not complex enough and most of the time, it seems that Sims don't like to touch. They don't dance together, skate together, or even snuggle in bed. They often seem as if they are living in parallel instead of actually being involved with each other. As a result, I depend on poses in order to get the effect that I'm looking for. If I can't find a pose to illustrate what I need, I'll make one. It's a time-consuming process, but it's worth it to get the Sims to come alive in a screenshot.

Sometimes, events in my story have even been inspired by poses that I find on the net. Some of them are really evocative (?) and they make me ask myself, "What happened there?" I really love that. It reminds me of how the animations in TS2 and TS3 used to get my juices going. The Sims would do things and a loose storyline of their motivations would start to form in my head.

Unfortunately, that doesn't happen for me with TS4. It's backward now. The game doesn't inspire me so much as I've completely abandoned the game in favor of a story. That's something completely new to me in the Sims series. I attribute that to the animations, I think. They are far too repetitive and each new pack reuses animations ad nauseam. It's gotten to the point that I avoid a lot of them like the plague because they annoy me so much. In addition, I find that Sims who are family members, close friends, or lovers stand much too far apart whenever they're speaking. The most annoying thing: whenever Sims are speaking, one or both of them will invariably make a beeline for a seat, no matter how far away or inconveniently located it is. The following pair of Sims started off speaking in an aisle between booths at a convention hall. Seconds later, this is how they ended up:
    l5IcQPc.png

The one time that I was inspired by TS4, it was due to a bug. However, it was a happy accident and I ran with it. I stopped playing and I began writing. Eventually, I decided to add screenshots to it.

Anyway, that's my 'play' style.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,303 Member
    My game is very much fun. I love it, even the eyeball ring and ridiculously dressed townies. They make me smile.
    Cynna wrote: »
    The most annoying thing: whenever Sims are speaking, one or both of them will invariably make a beeline for a seat, no matter how far away or inconveniently located it is.

For this reason, I've actually rearranged or added furniture to make the sitting conversations make more sense.

Like this:
    Toddlers can't sit on 'grown-up' chairs, so...
    BwbRODy.png

This is a tiny home, but yeah, I can see I should put a coffee table or at least a small table there.
    DQYpbjQ.png
    uf4Kuli.png

This room was actually the most complicated to keep rearranging the furniture as I watched where they went to sit and talk. Not a great screenshot to show it, but two desks facing each-other, a chair next to one, and that thingy for more people to sit on if needed, heh! Also not in the screenie, a piano two kids work stations and a couple more chairs. I really should get a better layout screenshot of this room. It's from my first build so I've had plenty of time to keep modifying the house.
    160eAUr.png

Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

edited July 2020
    @Admiral8Q

That's a decent solution if Sims are in a house or something. However, for the scene that I had set -- two people running into each other at a convention -- it didn't make any sense to do that. I'm willing to do some things to make the game work for me. However, for something as fundamental as speaking, players shouldn't have to rearrange the furniture in order to accommodate a bug. Sims talk, talk, talk, 98 percent of the time that any of them are put into a room together. They go out of their way to do it. The conversations should function properly, sitting or standing.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
    edited July 2020
    (Dupe)

I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • gothbuniegothbunie Posts: 43 Member
    There is a mod for that stop sims from smiling?!
  • Sim_ArchitectsSim_Architects Posts: 302 Member
    When i get more into my story, I want a lot of wackiness! I love the quirkiness of the SIMS :)
  • lovelyskysxlovelyskysx Posts: 93 Member
    And I also add some wild things in my gameplay as well :D